Disease X

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

MiraShort
Gremlin

Re: Disease X

Postby MiraShort » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Calli looked at her watch and then hissed, “D'arvit! I'm late!” Running out of Police Plaza yelling, “Calli Kelp checking out for lunch internship!” At Maple.
She grabbed her UnderTrans pass out of her pocket and caught a express to the LEP academy.
Finally relaxing for the first time that day Calli closed her eyes she thought about everthing that had happened going though every bit and analyzing it until she heard “LEP academy!” from the speakers in the bus.
Running to class and knowing she'd be late Calli ran into class to find she had just made it on time.
Captain Mira Short
Image HELP the poor thing!
I SNOGGED MADAME DU POMPADOUR! ~ The Tenth Doctor
A swat? ~ Malcom Raynolds
All hail starclan

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:54 am

Jake was still sitting anxiously in front of the computer when Catelyn entered the room, his eyes glued to the screen as the computer searched for an answer. He knew something was wrong when it took the computer longer and a minute to find the details about the new virus. He slapped the side of the computer in frustration. “Stupid machine,” he muttered as he stared at the unmoving progress bar. “Something must be wrong with the damn scanner.” He thought for a moment. “Unless the problem isn’t with the computer.” Jake immediately jumped up out of his chair, fixed another slide of Eric’s blood and placed it under the microscope. He half listened to Catelyn as he fine tuned the magnification, zooming in closer on the virus cells. Jake’s body stiffened when the image came into focus. “No. It can’t be. It’s not possible.” He said as he stared into the eye piece. He lifted his head and turned toward Catelyn when she stopped talking.

“Even if your vaccine had worked, it wouldn’t have done us one damn bit of good.” He said as he considered what he had just seen. “This isn’t a flu. Not even close. I don’t know what this is. I’ve never seen anything like this virus. There’s a reason the computer scanner couldn’t get a fix on the type of virus or the symptoms that would accompany it.” Jake paused for a moment, fear and anxiety evident in his face. “The virus cells are constantly morphing into new cells. To the victims body it’s the equivalent of having several different viruses attacking at the same time.” Jake paused again, his words lingering in the air between them. The next time he spoke his voice was hollow, defeated, hopeless. “There’s no way we can create a cure against this disease. By the time we find the cure for one version there will be three or four new ones to take its place. There’s no way to stop it. All we can do is keep the victims comfortable until the Virus destroys them and try and keep the it from spreading any further.” Jake shook his head sadly. “All those people, they’ll be dead within a few weeks. And there’s nothing we can do about it.”

Jake stood and began to pace. His helplessness turning to anger and frustration as he realized how utterly powerless he was in this situation. The injustice of it fueled his growing rage. He thought of the little boy he had moved to the quarantine room; His innocent face, his wide eyes, his silvery blonde hair and blue eyes. “All those people,” he said his voice rising. “Dead. Dead! And I can’t do anything!” He suddenly turned and faced the computer; his eyes filled with fire. “Damn it!” he yelled as he punched the screen. A loud crack sounded through out the room as his fist broke through the glass screen and into the electronics beyond. Electrical sparks spat out from the screen as he yanked his arm back out of the jagged hole. The glass tore through the suite and cut into his forearm and hand leaving deep lacerations in his skin. He quickly clambered out of the now useless bio suite and threw it as hard as he could at the computer. Jake stood there for a moment looking at the destroyed equipment before the pain brought him back out of his anger. He sat down heavily in the chair, his head resting in his hands. A blue cocoon of sparks coated his arm as blood poured out of the cuts, splattering in thick drops on the floor. He sighed heavily before looking up at Catelyn. “Probably wasn’t best idea to punch the computer” he said with a hollow smile.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:44 am

As Jessie worked one of the other technicians had turned on the television. It was a pretty slow day for them, so having a bit of background noise was nice. She listened as her college flipped through the channels before stopping on the news. Nothing was interesting so she continued to work on the helmets. Finally, she heard something that did interest her.

"So far we can't determine how many people have died here at the hospital. But the doctors, who are currently understaffed, are battling a new sickness. We can't pin point what it is exactly, but it seems to be spreading fast," someone explained.

Jessie raised her head, now interested. In the background she noticed scenes of PJ helping with the quarantine, without a bio-suit. She clenched her hands on the helmet and began to grit her teeth. He was going to get a mouthful tonight.

The news soon switched to a recent burglary that happened just outside of Haven. She reached for her coffee cup again, but found that it was empty. Sighing, she got to her feet and shuffled to the pot in the corner of the room. She watched as the black liquid poured into her cup. She poured cream in and watched the black liquid turn a beige colour. Jessie liked her coffee bitter so she shuffled back to her desk.

Foaly soon trotted over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, I need to go early. Caballine has a doctors appointment today and with the recent sickness going around I want to make sure that she's safe," he whispered. He leaned forward. "Sorry about putting you on helmet duty. Take a break from it and go watch the monitors for a few hours. Then go home early." He smiled. "Have fun tonight."

Jessie watched him leave, before putting the helmet down and walking over to the monitors. She was joined by a few others.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

Artimis look-alike
Sprite
Real First Name: Pat

Postby Artimis look-alike » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:55 am

PJ walked out of the hospital, he hadn't had a quarantine suit on, but because he was a mix breed, without magic, and had an immune system that was like a brick wall, he didn't worry that much about it. He also didn't directly interact with the patients, he was just guarding the door and making sure everyone was okay when they came out. Walking down toward the Oops booth he began to whistle a jolly tune. He quickly opened the door and greeted some of the techs. "Alright who won the bet?" he said looking around as one of the Techs rose his hand. "30% of that is mine" he chuckled giving the guy a high five as he rushed over to Jessie. "Hey Jessie, you ready for to go on our date or what?" He then noticed the fact she had helmet duty. "Oh good you had a bad day!" he said, pulling her into a kiss. "Are we going or what?"
There's a flaw in the system, as usual

I actualy look like HARRY POTTER!!!

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Her shift wore on, but finally the technicians who normally did the evening shift came. Jessie gave a sigh of relief, but knew her shift wasn't over for quite sometime. She continued to stare at the monitors, which showed nothing. In one monitor, she noticed tourists asking an officer which way the museum was. In another, a few officers snuck away from their duties to watch the crunchball match. She would never rat them out, of course.

Jessie slouched forward, placing her head in the palm of her hand. She wanted to place her head on the counter but knew she would get in trouble if she did. The door opened one final time and the other technicians gave small "woos" and whistles. Jessie turned her head, to find PJ crossing the room towards her.

Knowing that he was most likely part of the bed, she heard him say: "30% of that is mine." Which made her smile. He stopped in front of her.

"Hey honey, I didn't expect you so early," she said.

"Hey Jessie, you ready for our date tonight?" He asked her, pulling her up and into a kiss. She smiled.

"I sure am." She turned. "Don't tell Foaly or I'll tell him you all have been betting," she told them.

The others gave nods before returning to their work. Jessie and PJ both left the Oops. booth.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:58 pm

PJ had dinner arrangements at Prog's new bar, his first bar was not the most romantic place in the world, but his second bar was in the torch of the Statue of Liberty and had a wonderful view of the city, unstable for humans, ha! What a great ploy.
Prog had made it so that the only ones there that night were PJ and Jessie, and him of course but he WAS the waiter, chef, and owner. By the time they got there the whole place was illuminated with candle light and a fancy meal had been placed on their table. PJ had asked Prog to make an extra special meal for the occasion. It had all of Jessie's favorite "date" foods and a classy bottle of champaign. PJ held Jessie's seat for her to sit down and quickly went to the bathroom to wash up.
In the bathroom he splashed some water on his face. "Okay PJ, you know the drill, you rehearsed it, about twenty times at home" he said looking at the still quivering image of himself in the mirror, he had never been more nervous in his life.

Prog, who had been PJ's best friend for years quickly followed the Lep officer into the bathroom. "Hey man are you alright?" he said patting his pal on the back.
"Yeah I'm fine, just nervous, that's all" he said smiling at the Dwarf. "How do I look"
The Dwarf examined him and decided to push his normal wisecracks to the side for now. "I'd marry yah" he said smiling
PJ chuckled and took out the ring one last time and looked at it. Closing the box and placing it in his pocket PJ took a deep breath and walked out to the table. His first act when he got there was to take his glass and gulp in all down in one sip. "Alrighty then... Jessie..." he began looking at her face. "do you uh, like the view" he said wimping out a bit. He didn't even pay attention to her answer, he was too busy yelling at himself in his head. "I have to go to the bathroom... again" he said rushing off, again. Running into the bathroom, he slammed the door hitting Prog, who was listening intently. "Help me..." he said more nervous then ever before.
Prog shook his friend a bit. "You have faced trolls in head on battles, and your worried about THIS"
"Almost like a poorly written sitcom huh"
"pretty much, now let me see the ring" Prog said holding out his hand.
PJ handed him the ring box. Prog examined the ring. "Oooh very pretty, how much did it cost you?"
PJ doing the numbers in his head came out with a rough estimate, which Prog ignored. "Alright then here's how you do it, first you get on one knee" he said as he got on one knee. "Then you talk about your feelings, blah-di-blah-blah, then you simple open the box and hold it out to her saying, will you marry me." he said opening the box and holding it out to PJ. There was a brief moment of silence before PJ finally took the ring from Prog, and Prog got back up on his feet. "Ready buddy" said Prog dusting off PJ's shoulders
PJ shook his head no before he finally placed the ring in his pocket and walked out to Jessie.
Sitting opposite of her PJ took a deep breath and began.
"You probably have been wondering why I've been running around most of our evening thus far, the answer is simple, I'm nervous, more then I have been in years. More then when I had to charge a troll, more then when I had to shoot down my brother, more then anything I have ever faced before. The reason for this nervous behavior, is because I'm happy. Happiest I have ever been in my life, every moment I spend with you is a moment of pure joy for me. I love you Jessie, everyone knows it, hell even Foaly realizes how much I love you." PJ said standing up. He then grabbed both of her hands. "I love you more then anything, I have for the years we have been dating, and I want to be with you everyday for the rest of our lives. I have been wondering how I would ask this question to you for weeks now, and the more I play them out the more I realize there is one true way I can do it. So I might as well just ask it, before Prog has a heart attack in the bathroom." getting down on one Knee PJ pulled out the ring and held it up to her. "Jessie, will you marry me?"

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:22 am

Jessie watched as PJ ran back and forth from the bathroom. She found it odd as he kept leaving the table. So far the date was strange. The strangest one that PJ ever took her on. PJ then returned to the table one last time.

"You probably have been wondering why I've been running around most of our evening thus far. The answer is simple, I'm nervous, more then I have been in years. More then when I had to charge a troll, more then when I had to shoot down my brother, more then anything I have ever faced before." She saw PJ take a deep breath before continuing.

"The reason for this nervous behavior, is because I'm happy. Happiest I have ever been in my life. Every moment I spend with you is a moment of pure joy for me. I love you Jessie, everyone knows it, hell even Foaly realizes how much I love you," PJ said standing up. He then grabbed both of her hands. "I love you more then anything, I have for the years we have been dating, and I want to be with you everyday for the rest of our lives. I have been wondering how I would ask this question to you for weeks now, and the more I play them out the more I realize there is one true way I can do it. So I might as well just ask it, before Prog has a heart attack in the bathroom." Getting down on one Knee PJ pulled out the ring and held it up to her. "Jessie, will you marry me?"

Jessie cupped her hands over her mouth, tears filling her eyes. Her heart skipped several beats. She was wondering why he was acting so strangely. She placed her hands on her lap, tears running down her face. This was the happiest moment of her life. She nodded. "Yes, yes I'll marry you."

She felt the ring being slipped onto her finger. She couldn't sputter anything else.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:32 am

PJ was so relieved once she said yes, he almost forgot to put the ring on her finger, after he did though he pulled her in and kissed her passionately. "CAN I COME IN YET I'm DYING IN HERE" screamed Prog from the bathroom. PJ laughed and called Prog out. Prog being a very sensitive dwarf immediately hugged Jessie very tightly and looked at PJ. "She's to good for you, you know that right?" he said laughing bringing PJ in to the hug, which lasted a good five minutes.
PJ then was able to break the hug off. "Well Prog knows, should I tell Foaly or you?" PJ asked Jessie as Prog went to the back to fetch more champaign.

Prog while going in the back quickly texted she said yes and sent the message.

The techs at the oops booth all cheered as the message came up on screen. They then exchanged money from the bet.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:18 pm

As the celebrations commenced Jessie's phone buzzed. She got to her feet. "Excuse me." She smiled and headed for the bathroom. Checking her phone a small text message appeared on the screen. It was from Foaly.

Her heart speed up. Foaly was supposed to take Caballine to the hospital. She was wary to open it. The worst situation passed through her mind. She didn't even want to think about. Finally, she opened the message. It read:

Jessie,
I'm sorry to ruin such a special night for you. Something has come up. The sickness has spread and the doctors are worried that Caballine might have gotten it. Caballine's insisting that it's just a small head cold, that she's been feeling rotten for quite some time. Head cold or not I'm worried and I would really like your support here.
Thanks, Foaly

The world slowed down as Jessie re-read the note again. She pressed her back against the wall and closed her eyes. This was serious. Quickly she snapped the phone closed and slipped it back in her pocket. She gave a sigh. What would she say to PJ? He had done so much to make this night special. But she hoped that if PJ really loved her and her family he would understand. She walked out of the bathroom.

"PJ, I..." she hesitated. "I need to. Something came up at the hospital that I need to take care of. Caballine and Foaly really need me. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to take a rain check on dinner."

She turned to Prog. "Thanks for such a lovely evening Prog. I hope to see you again, very soon." She finally turned and rushed to the nearest shuttle.

She didn't have to wait long for the next magma flare. It shot her down to Haven quicker than she expected, making her sick to her stomach. On weak legs, she stepped out of the shuttle and slowly made her way to the street. It was a quiet night in Haven. She hailed a taxi.

"Julius Root Memorial Hospital please. There's an extra 20 in it for you if you get me there quickly," she said.

"Right miss." The cabbie drove off. She watched as the streets became a blur. Everything seemed to be blurry.

She didn't even notice the taxi stop. When she did, she paid the cabbie and got out. Quickly, she walked into the maternity ward of the hospital. Her heart speeding up again. Getting to the reception desk she skidded to a stop. "Caballine please."

"Yes. She's in room 14," the receptionist replied.

Jessie nodded and headed down the quiet halls of the hospital. She turned into the room where Foaly and Caballine sat silently. She took a quiet seat beside Caballine and took her hand.
"Brian,"
"What?"

MiraShort
Gremlin

Postby MiraShort » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:50 pm

Calli finally got to her dorm after classes were over, felling a lot like a dilapidated house.
After crashing on her bed for a bit her text tone on her cell rang.

Hey Call,
the Julius Root Memorial Hospital is short on nurses and none
of the normal cases are getting handled. Could you fill in for a
nurse tonight? Thanks.
T.Kelp

Calli groaned, and started typing her response.

Hi Dad,
Sure, ill be there in 30 mins
Calli

Calli grabbed her motorcycle keys and ran out the door.
When she got to the hospital Calli turned off her motorcycle and ran inside.
As she ran in she looked at the time; 8:00, perfect.
She ran over to the desk and said to the receptionist, "Where can i volunteer for a nurse position for tonight?"
"Right here," said the receptionist sliding a form over.
Calli filled it out while the receptionist looked her over.
When Calli finished she slid over the form.
The receptionist said, "Go change and then check rooms 5 to 15."
"Kay," Calli responded and went and changed in the change room.
After breezing through rooms 5 to 13 Calli froze when she entered room 14. Caballine was one of Callis closest friends.
Captain Mira Short
Image HELP the poor thing!
I SNOGGED MADAME DU POMPADOUR! ~ The Tenth Doctor
A swat? ~ Malcom Raynolds
All hail starclan

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Jessie came to PJ frantically "PJ, I..." she hesitated. "I need to. Something came up at the hospital that I need to take care of. Caballine and Foaly really need me. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to take a rain check on dinner." PJ took her arms. "Its okay go, your family needs you" he said letting her run off.
Prog let Jessie pass him. "What a divorce already?" He said jokingly. PJ shook his head as he chuckled. "No, family emergency, need help with the clean up?" He said looking at the dishes. Prog chuckled. "Its okay, go chase your spouse, see if there's nothing you can do to help".
PJ nodded as he ran off, not as frantically and got a cab up to the hospital. When he got there, there were three body bags being pulled out. "Geeze" PJ said rubbing his arm. He ran inside and to the counter. "Uh, Cabaline, uh, I honestly don't remember her last name, uh, centaur?"
"Ah she's in room 14, but only family can visit her"
"I'm her son-in-law, sorta"
"Sorta?"
"Well my wife to be just ran into.... I'm a Lep captain, I am ordering you to let me in"
"Yeah, and I'm Artemis Fowl" The receptionist said sarcastically.
PJ rollled his eyes and showed her his badge as he walked pass to Cabbaline's room. "Excuse me" he said to a nurse as he walked by. He then went to Jessie. "Okay what happened, hey Foaly"

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Catelyn took a hurried step back when Jake lost control and took his frustration and anger out onto the computer, tearing his very expensive bio-suit and rendering himself, as far as they knew, completely vulnerable to the disease. "Probably not the best idea," she agreed with a half smile that quickly faded from her elfin face; it was replaced with a grim look of determination, the face of someone who knew that they would have to do something they really wished they didn't have to.

"If this is as bad as we think it's going to be, we need to quarantine the entire hospital." Cat paused before she continued, eyeing Jake up and wondering if someone who looked so much younger than her could handle this much responsibility. Of course, Catelyn knew he could handle it and she had absolute faith in him, but for that one moment she pitied him and all those involved who would have to deal with tragedy for the first time around. "We're going to have to quarantine everyone, even those who aren't sick yet. Anyone who's been in contact with anyone ill must not leave this hospital, and that includes us. There will probably be people who will try to get out, there could even be a riot - you know what people are like when their lives are in danger." An image of the chaos and pandemonium flitted through her mind, causing her to grimace and briefly put her fingers to her temple, massaging her head.

"We should probably see if there are any LEP officers in the building; they'll be our best hope of containing the chaos, but they could also be a danger if they decide to try and get out of here. I guess our best bet is to stay here and try and figure it out for now, maybe see who's getting ill and see if anyone might be immune to it?" Cat picked up her bio-suit and offered it to Jake, "As my superior, you should probably take this." With that she left the lab and went about organising a quarantine of the hospital, hoping that Dr. Lilan would be able to make an arrangement with the LEP and the government over what to do and what measures to take. She looked over her shoulder to see if Dr. Lilan would follow and help her with the quarantine, even if it could possibly cause many patients within the hospital to get infected themselves.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:53 am

Jake sat with his head bent over, handling the white bio suite as he thought about the immensity and scope of what was really happening. One couldn’t help but feel helpless in such a situation with everything so far out of his control. The last blue spark crossed over his arm, staunching the blood flow and sealing the skin flawlessly back in place. It was while he sat thinking about his feeling of defeat that he remembered his wife and his daughter back at home. What would they say? What would they think if they had known that he had just given up when things had gotten to hard. They were counting on him; the whole of Haven was counting on him to protect it from the foreign invader that had it’s eye trained on the beating hearts of the city. The women, children, men, everyone was counting on him to save them from this new invisible enemy. He lifted his head, his eyes shone intensely in the dim Lab light and his brow was furrowed in grim determination. He quickly donned the bio suite and it was while he was zipping up the front that he realized what Catelyn had done. He had been so absorbed in his thoughts that he hadn’t realized that in giving him her bio suite, Catelyn had left herself vulnerable to virus. His mind registered the shock of what she had done for him and he closed his eyes briefly to process her sacrifice. He knew it was too late to give her a bio suite. She had already been exposed to the patients for too long. He shook his head. Thoughts of all those counting on him and of Catelyn’s sacrifice filled his head again and he quickly sealed himself within the bio suite and headed out into the hospital to help move all the patients into their quarantine quarters.

As he was passing by Catelyn, he placed his hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze so she would know that he acknowledged what she had done for him. He wasn’t really the type for showing much emotion, nor was he the best at thanking people. He released her shoulder and bit his lip as he walked toward the center desk and picked up the microphone that would resonate throughout the hospital. “Attention everyone in the Julius Root Hospital,” he said, thinking about a way he could put things without throwing people into a panic. “We have recently been made aware of a new virus that has begun to spread through Haven. As a safety precaution we need to place all of you in a quarantine room to keep those that are virus free from catching the virus and to isolate those who have caught the virus.” He winced when he saw the people begin to talk anxiously amongst themselves. “We need everyone’s cooperation to get this done as quickly and efficiently as possible.”
“What about our families,” asked an older woman.
“In each room lies a communicator that you may use whenever you need to.”
“Is the new virus deadly?” Asked another woman.
Jake sighed, he knew someone would ask the question eventually. He paused for a moment as he tried to decide between telling the truth and risking a potential panic or lying. “We don’t believe this virus is deadly, no. No one died from the virus so far and with our best doctors working on a cure it’s likely that it won’t happen.”
“But your not sure.” Said a young man matter said flatly.
Jake paused for a moment, thinking about how to answer the question. “No we’re not sure.” He heard people begin to murmur excitedly and begin to move around in their seats. “However, the safest thing to do for your families, for you, and for haven, is to cooperate and go into quarantine until this all blows over so you don’t spread it to other people.” His finger lingered over a button that would slide a steel bolt in place between the entrance doors.
“Who’s going to feed my kids?”
“What about my pets, who’s going to take care of them?”
“If it’s not deadly then why do you need to have us imprisoned in some stupid cell? It’s unnecessary to have us stay here when we have more important things to be doing at home.” Voices of ascension followed as people got up and began to make their way toward the door.
Jake motioned toward an LEP officer to stand in front of the door as he pressed the lock button located under the desk which immediately slid a steel bolt between the doors. “Well, I can’t say I tried.” He said as he walked out in front of the desk.
“Ok, now then. Everyone who is able to walk head to the quarantine hall. Anyone who resists will be placed in handcuffs and forced into a room. Do I make myself clear?” Everyone was quiet. “Good, to your left you’ll see a special hallway where you will be sprayed with anti-bacterial foam, given a hospital gown to wear, and then sent to your room.” He listened to the murmurs of indignation and frustration coming from the people as the moved grudgingly to the hallway. He couldn’t stand it when ignorant people made stupid choices that put other’s lives in danger.
“I can’t believe this.”
“All for a stupid virus.”
“I’m going to sue.”
Jake merely smiled and said “If you have any complaints please place them in the complaint box next in your room. We’ll read them as soon as we give a damn” He listened with a smile as people murmured under their breaths. He could pick out the occasion “jerk” and a few other choice words but he just ignored them.

He left the nurses and doctors to deal with the people and walked over to the central desk. He lifted up the communicator and connected himself with a private line to the city mayor. If they were going to keep this thing contained then they needed every person quarantined in their homes to keep it from spreading. The Mayor picked up on the second ring.
“Hello”
“Hey Allen, It’s Jake. I’ve got a really bad situation here at the hospital and I need you to here me out.”
“Sure what’s the problem bud?”
“We have a new virus strain and it’s spreading fast. It’s already almost killed one of my workers and we have hundreds in the hospital that have been infected. We’ve looked at the virus in the computer database and it wasn’t able to match it to any previous diseases. When we placed it on the computer scanner it couldn’t get any information off the virus because it was constantly mutating.
“So… what your saying is…”
“what I’m saying is that we have a epidemic on our hands with no way to stop it. If this thing’s not contained then for all we know, Haven is doomed.
“Dear God Jake.” Allen paused as he tried to think. “What can we do?” He finally asked.
“I need you to put the entire city on lockdown. I need every sing person confined and quarantined to their homes right now. The best hope we have to survive this thing is to starve it until it disappears.”
There was silence on the other end of the line.
“Allen?” Jake paused for a moment. “Allen?”
“Yeah Jake, I’m here.” Jake could imagine him with his face in his hands, rubbing his temples as he tried to think. “What’s the potential casualty rate?”
Jake thought a moment before answering. “Thousands. Maybe half of Haven or more, it’s too early to tell how many have been infected. That’s why we need to have everyone quarantined now before it spreads everywhere.”
“I understand. I’ll issue the emergency siren and place all of the LEP out on the streets in bio suites to get everyone home.”
“I also need you to make an announcement. If anyone is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, no matter how miniscule, they need to head immediately to a hospital along with their families.”
“Consider it done.”
Jake paused for a moment, considering his words. “Thank you old friend. Good luck.”
“The same to you Jake. Keep your family safe and do your best to find a cure.”
“You can count on it sir.”
Jake settled the communicator back in it’s pouch before picking up the microphone once again. “Attention all doctors and nurses. In order to separate the ones with the virus and those without, each person who has entered the front door is to have a mandatory blood screening for the virus. Those that are clean will be placed in the right-side hallway quarantine rooms while those who are infected will stay in the left.”
Earlier he had felt determined and stubborn, but now Jake felt a cloud of fatigue fall upon him. He looked down at the clock, which read 7:26. “I guess I won’t be back in time for dinner,” he thought as he stared at the clock with a sad look on his face. His job in the hospital was keeping him separated from his family so much that he rarely got to see his daughter any more. Outside the siren had begun to resound throughout the city and he could hear Allen’s voice as he gave the announcement. Jake sighed as reached for the communicator once again and dialed for Sarah.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:40 am

Caballine gave a smile at Foaly, Jessie and PJ. "I'll be fine. I'm in good hands, Calli will take care of me," she explained softly.

Hesitantly, Jessie and Foaly got to their feet. They looked sadly at Caballine who remained in her room. With long sighs they both headed down the hall to the quarantine room. As they walked, they heard the sounds of families resisting being torn from their loved ones. They were reluctant to leave, but leaving Caballine was for the best.

Foaly stepped into the bio-room first, his entire body engulfed in the white foam. The machines, that worked the foam he had built himself. He was rinsed down and was allowed into the room, where others sat huddled together. Jessie stepped in afterwards. Her clothing was stripped off, leaving her in her undergarments. Like Foaly, the foam surrounded her. She could feel it entering her pours. The putrid smell entered her nose. She knew that the smell would remain for several hours. She was also rinsed down, dried and allowed to change into her clothes, which were now decontaminated. The entire procedure made her shiver.

"Are you cold miss?" A nurse asked.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks," she replied as she also entered the room.

Jessie was finally able to look around the room. It seemed that the hospital staff had set up small beds, she assumed were for the children. The walls were grey, and on the floor was a tacky green carpet. Old games, books and puzzles were piled in the corner. Some of them she hadn't played since she was little. Mounted on the wall was a television, which ran a constant news feed. She found the room rather depressing as she took a seat beside Foaly. She gave a sigh.

The room quickly filled up, it seemed that everyone rather come on their own free will than have LEP lead them. LEP was scary, sometimes at the best of times. She gave a yawn and rested her head against the wall. She bit her lower lip and spun the ring on her finger.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 am

PJ was the last to leave the room, getting foamed and cleaned like the rest when leaving. He noticed as Foaly and Jessie sat, alone on the other side of the room, he wanted to say something but he didn't know what to say. He had never dealt with Foaly when he wasn't snickering or making jokes. It wasn't long until his phone rang from a text message.

All LEP officers report to the hospital for further instructions from one Doctor Jake, NO EXCEPTIONS

PJ sighed as he walked over to Jessie. "Hey, I'm getting called in again, sorry" He said, kissing her cheek. 'Why don't you tell Foaly about our date" He exclaimed trying to lighten the mood before he left to go see this "Jake".

Walking through the hospital halls he finally ran into Jake. "Hey, I'm supposed to report to you about this epidemic thing?"

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”