Disease X

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name:Patrick
Disease X

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:58 am

Sorry but this was the best title I could come up with at the moment :/

Ok so I was sitting there after reading the Atlantis complex and thinking about what the next book could be about. I kept thinking about possibly bringing Opal Koboi back or possible introducing a new criminal but I figured the whole bad guy thing was getting a little overplayed. So rather than having a person be the antagonist I thought about it and came up with the idea of having a disease be the antagonist. This way the protagonist isn’t pitted against something human but rather something that you can’t control, that it wild, ruthless, and can not be predicted and this is what I came up with.

Plot:
It has been several years since the near disaster involving Turnball Root at Atlantis. Haven has been going through a time of unprecedented peace within the fairy races. Unprecedented since Artemis Fowl entered the picture anyways. Everything is quiet and peaceful. But, as all good things come to an end, so must this time of peace. In the city lurks a new hidden danger; invisible, undetectable, and deadly, it lurks everywhere, biding it’s time before it will strike forth with a vengeance against the fairy population, the likes of which have never been seen. As the deadly disease grips Haven in it’s jaws, it will be up to you to find a cure before the clock runs out, not only for them, but for the entire fairy population. Could this be the end of the Fairies?

Our goal as the protagonists is to find a way to annihilate the virus and to save Haven and all of the faires and to develop the romance between Holly and Artemis, if possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to start off with I would like to set down some guidelines for this RPG so that it can be the best possible and reach its full potential. I’m actually going to copy some of chitiliti’s rules from her RPG because I agree with most of them full heartedly.
1. I expect good grammar and good spelling, use Microsoft word if you’re not so good at spelling but I would like the posts to be readable and flowing. I also expect your posts to be AT LEAST 50 words long, longer if you can stand to. If writing a long post would cause you to god-mod, just write what you can. There are always things to describe and explain within a post, but we are going for quality not quantity. But please, write this as if you were writing a story. Don't just give me a 5 word post and be done with it. If you do not think you are capable of this DO NOT JOIN THIS RP.

2. Absolutely NO god-modding. Veteran roleplayers know what this includes. This includes god-modding in posts, power play and god-modding your characters. Just don't do it.

3. No canon characters.

4. Obey all the established RP forum rules. This includes the rule about commitment. If you sign up and then are going to have to go on vacation, please post a notice in the OOC thread and take the proper actions with your character. If you become inactive without good cause or notice, you will be booted out of the Hyacinth Protocol. I'll take the iniative to either have your character locked up by the LEP or fired from the force. You will be allowed back in if you contact me and explain.

5. This is a PG-13 rated RP. This means mild swearing/sexuality and mild bloody violence could be included, as well as depictions of smoking, drinking. Please be mature and tasteful about this or I will bring the rating down. If you have to censor a curse word with asterisks, just don't use a curse word.

6. NO CHATSPEAK, NETSPEAK, OTHER INTERNET DIALECTS OR EMOTICONS OF ANY TYPE. This makes your posts look immature and silly. Just don't do it, even if it is only a joke.

7. I may ask you to send me an audition. Don't be offended at this. If you want to play, just either write up a 100 word long post of some sorts or link me to some of your writing.
As you can see, like Chitiliti I’m looking to create a role play that is excellent that that people will enjoy reading and writing. Basically I want it to sound like a book.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a basic character description protocol (also borrowed from Chitiliti because it was an excellent layout) which is required to be filled out for all characters you will be representing in this rpg.
~BASICS~
Name: (your character's full name, alisases and nicknames)
Species: (specify Fairy race)
Current Residence: (Where do they live?)
Occupation (if applicable): (What is their job, if they have one?)

~PHYSICAL~
Height: (How tall is your character, how much do they weigh?)
Hair: (Describe your character's hair.)
Facial Features: (Describe your character's face. Includes eye color and skin tone.)
Body: (Describe any aspects of your characters body, not including height and weight. This could include attributes such as long legs, tattoos, muscle, etc.)
Clothing and accessories: (What does your character wear?)
Distinguishing Features: (Any outstanding features that would set your character apart such as large scars or birthmarks, unusual height, etc.)

~PERSONALITY AND HISTORY~

Personality: (How do they act? How do they communicate?)
History: (Your character's detailed history up until the point of their first roleplay)
Likes and Dislikes: (What does your character like or not like?)
Anything Else: (Could include theme songs or other information not included.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Four main Characters that we have include:
1. Jessie (Foalygirl)
2. Philip (Artemis look-alike)
3. Jake (shiaw_bing2000
4. pending (Kitsy)
5. Pending (mirashort)

If you have any ideas for a minor character suggest it in the OCC thread and we will decide on weather or not it would be benneficial for the RP or not.

Any posts or questions will be held in the OCC forum. Please don’t post in the actually RPG thread until we get started on the actual RPG. If interested please pm me or post in the OCC thread.
Last edited by shiaw_bing2000 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Re: Disease X

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:24 pm

~BASICS~
Name: Jessie, Jess
Species: Elf
Current Residence: Haven City--Downtown
Occupation (if applicable): LEP Technician/Student

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 3'1'', 100 lbs
Hair: Shoulder length auburn colored hair.
Facial Features: Elf-like face (duh), pointed chin, almond shaped brown eyes. Her ears slightly show from under her hair. Skin is a slightly tanned.
Body: Jessie is thin, not extremely thin though, and has very little muscle tone. However, even though she's thin, there's still a bit of baby fat around her stomach.
Clothing and accessories: Baggy blue jeans, tight green tank-top which shows the bulge of her breasts, military type boots, white lab coat.
Distinguishing Features: Slight freckles can be seen on her cheeks and across her nose.

Personality: Quite bubbly and friendly when one first meets her. In a relationship, she's very romantic and caring. But she's also sarcastic, a trait that she picked up from Foaly. Jessie can also be quite a smart-ass and stubborn at times, which often gets her into trouble. As her friendships grow she becomes protective and will do anything for her friends.
History: Jessie was born in Haven City at Frond's Memorial Hospital. However, after her parents death from a mysterious illness she was put up for adoption, where Foaly picked her up. She grew up in his small, and cluttered apartment where she picked up an interest in inventing and technical work. She went to fairly normal schools, up until high school where she went to a special technical school. Around then Foaly met up with Caballine, at which point Jessie became jealous of her. It took her a year to get used to Caballine being part of her family. At 16 Caballine and Foaly became married. After graduating from high school at 18 she studied engineering and technology at the local university. She currently is still studying but currently is working as a summer intern at the Oops. Booth. When she's not at work she helps Caballine get ready for the baby.
Likes: Mud Men Comedy movies (her favorite is Ghostbusters), loves the food carrots and celery, loves music-especially old rock-her favorite color is green, loves reading sci-fi novels.
Dislikes: Cowboy music, dancing, spiders, needles.
Anything Else: Doesn't really have a theme song, which sucks. Has a catch phrase: "I'm a technician, not a doctor!" (Oh the Star Trek reference)
Last edited by FoalysGirl on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 am

~BASICS~
Name: Jake, Jakie
Current Residence: Currently resides on Turnbridge road which runs right next to the hospital.
Occupation (if applicable): Head of the Julius Root Hospital (named in honor of Julius in 2021) Located on the corner of Turnbridge road and Atlantis Street.

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 3ft 5in with a fit weight of 75 pounds
Hair: smooth but extrememly curly black hair with streaks of gray from the stress of his job.
Facial Features: He has a square jaw with a slight dimple on his chin. His lips are bit fuller than that or the normal elf and his nose a bit more wide set toward the bottom. His eyes are dark brown on the outside but hazel near the pupil, they exude warmth but also a conflicted turbulence of worry and sadness. His skin town is a light tan and he wears a thin mustache and always has a constant stubble on his chin and the sides of his face. the top of his forhead is creased with early frown lines making him seem more aged than he realy is .
Body: Jake is muscular but not overly so. He has the body of a cross country runner and weight lifter. He has a tatoo of his friends name accross his left shoulder who died in from a heart attack due to a incurable and magic resistant heart disease. He also has a bit longer legs than most but his upper body is average size.
Clothing and accessories: Jake wears jeans and a t-shirt most of the time (even at work). Outside of work he wears blue and white hat with the Tornado's logo on it (Havens soccer team). He also insists on wearing a light brown pair of loafers everywhere he goes. A watch sits on his left arm he wears a pair of rectangular glasses toward the end of his nose, adding to his aged appearance. On his brown leather belt he carries a fairy communicator. He also carries a thick wallet in his back right pocking bearing the hotel security card, some elfin currency, his company card, his car keys, and pictures of his wife, daughter, and friend.
Distinguishing Features: He has a large circular scar from where he was hit by a goblin fireball when they attacked him. He also has a small, light brown birth mark on his navel.

Personality: shy and slightly socially awkward when he first meets somebody. Once Jake meets someone he becomes much more of a lighthearted, carefree, and humorous person; when he isn’t depressed because of his job. He is also very sensitive to others emotions.

History: Jake was born in Frond’s Memorial Hospital and was raised in the slums of Haven. After seeing the way his parents lived in their poverty he forced himself to do well in school and get a great education. After finishing primary school he went straight back to Frond’s Memorial Hospital and apprenticed under the great doctor, Jerry Norder. He had decided early on that he would make it his life’s goal to help people. After hearing of the great Julius Root’s death , he had the Julius Root Hospital commissioned in his honor and has been working as the head of medicine there for the past 78 years.

Likes and Dislikes: Jakes main interests reside in music and modeling. He loves to listen to all kinds of music from the range of Hard Rock to classical. However, he cannot stand Pixie Rap. He owns a saxophone and will sometimes get some of his friends together and they’ll hold a concert in front of the hospital to raise money and also to provide entertainment for those hospitalized. His favorite movies are comedies and Action movies. His favorite band is Just Around the Corner who plays a mix of Rock, Dance, and Big Band music. He also likes to relax with a nice book when time allows. As for the dislikes, he can’t stand Goblins, Rap, the arrogant, or romance novels, they’re just to boring.

Anything Else: Theme Song: Come On by: Ben Jelen.

Jake also has a wife named Sarah Lilan and a daughter named ashley Lilan.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 am

~BASICS~
Name: Catelyn "Cat" Seflin
Current Residence: Quartz Avenue, in the centre of the city and close to the Julius Root Hospital
Occupation (if applicable): Doctor/surgeon.

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 3"1
Hair: Black hair down to her chest which ends in slight curls, but is more often than not kept tied back. A slight fringe covers her forehead, but that is also kept back for the sake of her work.
Facial Features: Cat has a very small, elfin face, the average pointy ears of her race and a small, snub nose. The angles of her face are very soft and she has a particularly feminine look about her; her almond-shaped eyes are a pale shade of green, which when contrasted with her dark eyelashes can give her either a startled look, or a stern one when she chooses. Her skin is, again, the normal hazel-colour of her race and she has a slight, silver scar running from her ear down to her neck.
Body: Being very short, Cat is also very slim and small, proportionate to her height. She is perhaps not as fit as she should be or once was, and recently her body has begun to look worn down and thinner.
Clothing and accessories: Since being employed at the Julius Root Memorial Hospital, Cat is rarely seen without her white doctor's coat, and all her other clothes are simply there to accompany it. She wears pale shirts and jeans to work; once out of work she tends to stick to dark clothes, favouring black strap tops and dark jeans or trousers. She always wears a simple, silver braclet around her right wrist, given to her by her parents.
Distinguishing Features: Apart from the aforementioned scar on her face, Cat does not have any distinguishing features apart from a slightly worn and tired look about her.

Personality:
Catelyn is quite a mature and serious character, which suits her job as a doctor as patients find her calm and serious manner comforting. She can be very friendly and has the ability to get on with people almost effortlessly, but over the past decade this trait of hers has slowly been replaced by a more withdrawn character. Whilst she is very sympathetic and has a lot of empathy, easily connecting with others, she finds it hard to make her self vulnerable to others by showing her own emotions.

History:
Cat grew up in Atlantis until her mother died when Cat was just twenty years old; she then moved to Haven with her father, to be close to the rest of the family. Just one decade later her father also died and Cat went to live with her mother's sister, who lived on the other side of the city; Cat started school and stayed there until she went to study medicine in Atlantis. Before leaving for Atlantis, her aunt told her that her parents had died of a rare, genetic illness which could be identified early but which caused the body to shut down in a matter of weeks. It could strike at any time, but her parents had known that they would not have long to live after Cat was born. As the illness did not seem to have passed onto her, Cat left for Atlantis believing that the danger had passed her by; in the second year of her residency at a local hospital some years later, she was diagnosed with the same illness her parents had. The doctors gave no more than two decades, possibly fifteen years until her body started to shut down. Following this Cat left the hospital and spent eleven years roaming the Earth with a team of medics who were researching above ground for all kinds of diseases and cures.
It is now thirteen years since she was diagnosed and Cat has returned to Haven and has begun working at the Julius Root Memorial Hospital.

Likes and Dislikes: Cat adores music of almost every sort, but has a special fondness for classical music which her mother used to play to her as a child. She enjoys reading fiction novels, with a liking for MudMen fantasy novels and with a secret obsession with romantic novels. She used to play the piano, but stopped as she went to research above ground and it became impossible to keep up. Cat adores animals, as do most of her species, and her most cherished memories above ground were the months she spend with the big cats in the jungle, simply living peacefully nearby.
She has a strong dislike for arrogance in others, and has conflicting views on hospitals in general - she works in one, and yet she cannot but help feeling that it was these very same hospitals and doctors which allowed her parents to die.

Anything Else: In one of her above ground residencies, she has two pet cats called Sniff and Snuff who she loves very much and has left in the care of a retired LEP officer who lives permanantly above ground.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

MiraShort
Gremlin

Postby MiraShort » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:19 pm

~BASICS~
Name: Calli Kelp
Species: elf
Current Residence: Lep academy dorms
Occupation (if applicable): LEP student

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 2'8, 48 lbs
Hair: dark purple, like this and short
Facial Features: this color eyes with pale skin
Body: small and thin
Clothing and accessories: LEP academy jacket, jeans, army boots, black tank.
Distinguishing Features: SHORT VERY VERY SHORT

Personality: snarky and a little evil, she communicates her point be saying it arguing about it and then being annoying about it
History: at age ten she was kidnapped and held ransom to her father, she escaped and after a few years joined the LEP academy becoming an outcast because of her gender she almost always got home every day to take care of new bruises or cuts from the beatings she had received. In her second year her father found out, it wasn't pretty. Now in her third year.
Likes and Dislikes: Likes: her father (Trouble Kelp) chocolate, The Sherlock Holmes novels, Doctor who, Pasta,flying.
Anything Else: theam song: Who knows ~ Avril, no one knows who her mother is.
Captain Mira Short
Image HELP the poor thing!
I SNOGGED MADAME DU POMPADOUR! ~ The Tenth Doctor
A swat? ~ Malcom Raynolds
All hail starclan

Artimis look-alike
Sprite
Real First Name:Pat

Postby Artimis look-alike » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Name: Phillip Jameson Cloudviper, PJ for short
Species: Half Pixy Half Elf
Current Residence: Haven City--Downtown
Occupation (if applicable): Lep Captain not commander but up there

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 4'1 120
Hair: Blackish brown scruffy
Facial Features: Blue eyes, five o'clock shadow
Body: He has a well built upper body and has noticeable scars around his chest and back including two scars where his wings used to be
Clothing and accessories: Short sleeve shirt, and jeans, and a very nice neutrino
Distinguishing Features: He used to have wings and now has stubs in place of them

Personality: Smugish, he's usually pretty laid back as far as Lep officers go, but can be passionate about certain things
History: okay here we go... PJ cloudviper was born about 84 years ago May 8th, His mother was a lawyer while his father was a Lep captain, as his father was before him and so on and so forth, PJ grew up in the shadow of his older brother Nison a "nice guy" who would later be up for the job of commander due to his tremendous service record as soon as the current commander had either died or retired. He was going for the job along side Julius Root, and Roots Brother. PJ helped with the initial arrest of a named Opal by being on the infiltration team as recommended by his brother Nison. When Roots brother tried to flood the city Nison helped root stop him, forever earning the respect of his younger brother PJ, or at least so they thought. Nison later after seeing the horrors of the mudmen up above when one of his own men were captured by mudmen extremists, vowed to destroy all mudmen. After designing a bomb that would lead to the extermination of all mudmen Nison attempted to launch it only to be stopped by his brother PJ. PJ stopping him lost his wings when the bomb exploded while Nison "perished". Years later a new threat emerged as can be seen in "No room for Vagrency". He is currently dating Jessie
Likes and Dislikes: Mudmen movies, and reading the archives. He dislikes talk about his brother and Foaly
Anything Else: Is dating Jessie

I'll also do Butler
There's a flaw in the system, as usual

I actualy look like HARRY POTTER!!!

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:40 am

The room was dark, two figures lay still in the bed. The alarm beside the bed rang, a hand reached out and smacked it, making it silent. The figure groaned as she looked up at the clock. She knew she had to get up to get ready for work, but she wanted to remain in bed. Several minutes passed before she got herself out of bed. She would let the figure beside her sleep longer, the Police Plaza didn't ride on him alone to function.

Jessie, the woman, shuffled to the bathroom, which was attached to the bedroom. The light from the bathroom blinded her. Once getting used to the light she began to prepare herself for the day. She started by washing her face with cool water, then she pulled a brush through her auburn hair. The final thing she did was brush her teeth and put on deodorant.

When she returned to the room, she dressed in her usual clothes. Jeans, a tank top, boots and lab coat. She had no time to fix herself a proper breakfast. She grab herself a bagel and rushed out the door. Foaly was notorious for making the technicians who ran late do the worst jobs.

Jessie rushed to the bus stop, just to find out that she missed the bus that was already there. She kicked the air before taking a seat on the bench that was provided.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:10 am

PJ the second figure in the bed despite Jessie's attempt to keep him asleep, woke up. Watching as his Jessie left PJ then got up and got ready. Not as frantic as Jessie was, PJ took his time in the shower and getting washed up. When he was done putting himself together he grabbed his captain's badge and headed out the door grabbing his coat. He lightly tapped the pocket which held a little black box in it and smiled as he headed to the bus station. Jessie was still there.
"Hey Jessie missed the bus huh?"
______________________________________________________________________________________________

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:39 am

In the Lilan residence a faint light had begun seeping in through the curtains from the artificial sunstrips overhead as they went into morning mode. Jake’s eyes opened as the light moved across his face revealing his deep brown eyes. He looked over at the clock and seeing that it was ten minutes to seven, leaned over and kissed his wife Sarah gently on her forehead. Afterwards he gently lifted the covers and swung his feet out and onto the floor. He stood up slowly, trying not to wake up Sarah, revealing his nude body in the morning sunlight. He stretched with a big yawn before heading into the bathroom to get ready for work. Blinking quickly against the sudden light that flooded the bathroom, he closed his eyes for a few moments so they could adjust better. After a moment he opened them and headed over to the shower and turned on the hot water. While he waited for it to warm up he moved over to brush his teeth. As he brushed, he thought about last night.

I sure hope she gets pregnant this time, he thought. We’ve been trying so hard this past few years to have another kid, I just hope that last night we finally succeeded. He bent over the sink and rinsed out his mouth and then placed his brush in its holder. God please let us have succeeded, he thought as he walked back to the shower. He sighed in pleasure and closed his eyes as the hot water poured over him, the jets massaging his back. He reached forward and placed his finger on the waterproof touch screen built into the shower. Moving quickly through a list of songs he found the one he wanted and let the smooth guitar and vocals of Santana wash over him. While they may have gotten some things wrong, those mud men sure know music, he mused. As rubbed himself down with soap he began to sing the words to himself:

“And it's just like the ocean under the moon
Well it's the same as the emotion that I get from you
You got the kind of lovin' that can be so smooth, yeah
Gimme your heart, make it real
Or else forget about it”

When he finished the verse he continued to hum along as he rinsed off and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around himself. Just then the door opened and Sarah walked in, still nude from the night before. She walked over and kissed him passionately on the lips. Jake returned the gesture and they stood in each others arms like this until Jake broke off the kiss. “well, good morning to you too”, he said as he chuckled lightly. “you do know that your beautiful, right?”. He said as he looked her in the eyes.
“Of course, how could I forget”. She mused, “You tell me every day.”
“And it stands true from the day we met until the end of time”, he said as he leaned in for another quick peck. Afterwards he went over to the counter where he placed some gel in his hair to add to his dark curs, rubbed on some deodorant, and washed his face. As he was toweling off his face his wife came up behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder.
“Do you think it worked this time, honey”, she asked with concern in her voice. “I’m just so ready to have another kid.” She paused momentarily. “It’s just that every time the test turns up negative it seems to tear a small hole in my chest.”
Jake turned to face her and looked her directly in the eyes. “I’m sure it worked”, he said as he placed his hands on her shoulders. “And if it didn’t then I promise that I’ll never stop trying and I’ll never give up hope; I hope you do the same. Never give up Sarah, even when things seem impossible, never give up.” He said as he wiped away some small tears that had gathered in the bottom of her blue eyes. “I love you so much”, he said as he embraced her.
“I love you too”, she said, returning the embrace. “Now you better get ready for work so you’re not late, there are a lot of people counting on you.”
“That’s true. I’ll see you later.” He said as he patted her back and broke the embrace before heading toward the door. “I’ll try to be home early tonight, maybe we can all watch a movie or play a game together.”
“I look forward to it; have a good day honey.” She said as she stepped into the shower.

Jake walked over to his dresser and got dressed. Five minutes later he was walking down the stairs to the kitchen dressed in his usual: Jeans, an un-tucked button-up shirt, and his comfortable tennis shoes. As he walked through the kitchen he grabbed an apple and a protein bar for breakfast. He also grabbed his sunglasses, wallet and communicator on the way out the front door. After putting the lock code into the keypad on the front door he walked over to his car with a spring in his step. He placed his finger on the sensory pad on the door and waited as it ran his fingerprint through it’s database, opening the door when his identity was confirmed and stepping into the car. After sitting down he pressed the blue button under the steering wheel, listening as the car’s engine purred to life.
“Where to sir”, asked a woman’s voice through the micro-speaker built into the steering wheel.
“The Julius Root Hospital please”, he said as he leaned his chair back and closed his eyes.
“Would you like some music to listen to on your journey”, asked the woman’s voice.
“Sure, why don’t you put on some big band music, you know something pleasing to the ears instead of the rap crap”, he said as he placed his sunglasses over his eyes.
“Of Course sir. Will that be all?”
“yes it will, thank you Jasmine”, he said, smiling as In the Mood by Glenn Miller began play smoothly through his hi-quality centaur speakers; Foaly’s own brand. He allowed the music to flow through him as he ate his breakfast and the car hovered smoothly down the road toward the hospital.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Cat sighed softly, partly disappointed and partly relieved, before she pulled the stiff white sheets over the body lying lifelessly in front of her. It had been an long struggle through the night but the patient had just been too old and too sick to survive, and now that he had finally passed the energy that had kept Cat up all night left her. Once the body had been covered and a nurse notified, Cat made her way back to the locker room of the resident surgeons, which at this early point in the morning was deserted. She found it slightly terrifying that the old pixie had come in last night with flu symptoms, but still strong, and had died not eight hours later; 'but then again, that's what happens in old age,' she thought to herself, and a part of her mind smiled in a twisted manner and said, 'Well, you'll never have to go through that, will you?.'

Catelyn lay down on one of the sofas and fought for just a few hours sleep, before she would be called on for another shift. Her body ached for rest, more so than usual, and as the thought of her body's continuing weakness came to her mind, Cat pushed it away and settled in for a nap. No doubt another one of the doctor's would wake her up when they entered; she just hoped it wasn't her boss, Doctor Lilan, who would no doubt not take to kindly to one of his doctors sleeping on the job, even if he alone knew of what she was going through.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 pm

"Yeah, just unfortunate, I'll just catch the other one," Jessie explained, not realizing who was beside her. She turned her head and jumped. Placing her hand upon her breast. "PJ, I didn't know you would be up this early." She got to her feet and walked over to him.

She had to admit that this was early for him. But she was glad to have the company while she waited for the bus. She kissed him lightly and took his hand. Jessie placed her head on his shoulder. They had been dating forever. She had lost track of the years. And even though Foaly protested in the beginning they both couldn't be happier of the situation. She had even gotten rid of those ridiculous tin foil hats she used to wear.

The bus finally rolled up and she got on, followed by PJ. She paid her fare. The bus was empty, but she wasn't surprised; the buses were usually empty at this hour. She took a seat at the back, her favorite spot. The bus ride was quiet but she liked it that way. She placed her feet on the seat in front of her and she began to play one of the many games that were on her phone.

The ride seemed long to her today. As they rode Jessie took the time to look up from her game to look out the window. The downtown buildings began to crowd around them. She sighed. The wonders of the city.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:44 pm

PJ followed Jessie on the bus and payed his fare as well. Sitting next to her he smiled as she continued to play games on her phone with her legs on the seat in front of them. His mind drifted to their date tonight, and how tonight was the night. He and Jessie had been dating for a while now and he wanted her to be with him the rest of their lives. As the bus rode he noticed Jessie looking out the window. He grabbed her shoulder and kissed her cheek. "Man I love you" He said smiling at her. "We're still going on our date tonight right?"

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 pm

“We have arrived Mr. Lilan,” Said Jasmine as the car stopped smoothly in front of the hospital.
“Thank you Jasmine.” He said as he lifted the seat to an upright position, turning of the radio when the seat stopped moving. The magnificent sounds of Opus One ended abruptly. Jake reached over to the passenger seat and grabbed his Team Tornado cap and placed it on his head.
“Will that be all Mr. Lilan,” asked Jasmine.
“Yes it will,” he said as grabbed his lab coat and stepped out of the car.
“have a good day sir,” said jasmine as the door closed with a soft click. Jake turned and strode forward to the front door of the hospital while behind him his car disappeared as the concrete square lowered with a hiss on hydraulics. Taking the car underneath the hospital where mechanical arms lifted and placed the car gently in one of the vertical parking spaces. Seconds later the concrete square returned and rejoined the rest of the drive seamlessly.

Nobody was at the hospital yet and wouldn’t be fore the next few hours. Jake always came to work early so he could get his paper work done and out of the way which enabled him to place his main focus on his patients rather than his taxes. He strode over to the front desk and picked up the patient information sheet which was printed off automatically every hour with the data from the patient’s monitors. Jake muttered out loud as he read through the list. “Let’s see… patients 1 2 and 3 are stable… patient 5 has a slightly elevated pulse rate… patient 4 has an irregular heartbeat and patient 6...” His face fell as he looked over the word “deceased” typed in bold letters next to her name.
“Crud,” he thought when he realized that the doctor in charge of patient 6 had been Catelyn. Undoubtedly she hadn’t taken the patients death to well and was currently taking a nap in the locker rooms after staying up all night with the patient.

Jake placed the paper on the desk and walked over to the locker room and opened the door. Just as he suspected, Catelyn laid curled up on the sofa with lilac circles under her eyes. He was just on the verge of waking her up when he remembered her condition and everything she was going through. He knew he should wake her up and tell her to get back to work but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. His eyes softened and he reached up and took a blanket from the top of the shelf and placed it over her. She deserves a break, he thought as he walked toward the door. I’m going soft, thought Jake as he stepped out of the room, quietly closing the door behind him. But he reassured himself that had it been any other doctor he would have woken them up and immediately sent them back to work.

Over the next hour he checked on patients 4 and 5, making slight alterations to their medications as needed before heading over to his office. He sat down in his chair, staring at the pile of papers stacked up in front of him. He opened up the first drawer and pulled out a remote which he pointed at the wall, pressing the red button in the center. The walls, ceiling and floor immediately transported him to a beautiful scene at the top of Mt. Everest. Holographic snowflakes spiraled lazily around him as he looked out over the beauty of the snowcapped Himalayan Mountains. He pressed another button and a smoothly moving piano solo permeated the room. A song in D Major, he thought as he listened. Beautiful. He sighed as he removed the first paper from the top of the stack and began work on the budget.

MiraShort
Gremlin

Postby MiraShort » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Calli woke with a scream; again it was the sixth time that week. “Eh, d'arvit,” she said after looking at her clock, she had slept through all of her first class and it was almost her second.
With no time to take a shower she quickly got dressed and brushed her hair putting it up in a high messy pony tail. Calli grabbed her bag and rushed out the door.
On the way to class she was muttering, “How do I sleep in so late?” again and again.
Just as she got to class the bell rang, she sat at her desk and made sure she didn't fall asleep.
After class when she walked out the door she saw the gang as she called them. The gang were a group of kids who often beat Calli up. quoting Calli, 'Like, twice a day.”
“Your late, Calli,” one said.
“You know what that means, don't you?” Said the leader.
Calli cringed, she did know, 'it' consisted of a very harsh beating.
Captain Mira Short
Image HELP the poor thing!
I SNOGGED MADAME DU POMPADOUR! ~ The Tenth Doctor
A swat? ~ Malcom Raynolds
All hail starclan

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:02 am

"Oh, I haven't forgotten at all." Jessie smiled. The bus stopped in front of LEP and she got to her feet. Checking her watch, and gasped. She looked over her shoulder. "Look I gotta go, I'll see you tonight."

She gave PJ a quick kiss on the kiss before rushing into the Police Plaza. Jessie fought her way through the crowds of citizens. People making weird complaints-their cat was missing, or their watch was stolen-petty crimes. And of course there was the Plaza's usual crazy who stood at the center of the plaza.

They would get a new weirdo every couple of years. The police would let these guys rant for a few years before taking them in. It was quite amusing to watch these put up a fight. Jessie couldn't help but smile at the thought of it. As she passed the new guy, he grabbed her lab coat and pulled her in.

"Aliens exist. They're coming..." he began, looking about with his bug like eyes. "They'll be coming to take us to the mother ship. Get ready for when they come."

Jessie roughly pulled his hand off her and dusted herself off. "Okay then. Good luck." She rushed once again to the Oops. booth.

There was once a time when she would have believed in the whole alien theory. However, over the years, her paranoia had stopped. It made it a lot easier to stay in a relationship that way. She smiled slightly. She slid to a stop, her boots squeaking on the newly waxed floor. Hurriedly, she opened the door and slammed it behind her.

"I'm here," she said.

Foaly turned to face her, his arms crossed across his chest. "You're late." He trotted over to her.

Jessie gave a toothy grin. "Sorry, I missed my alarm this morning," she admitted. "What, awful job do you wish me to do?" She asked.

"You're on helmet duty." Foaly pointed to a pile of broken helmets in the corner.

Jessie groaned, a job that all technicians hated. Most often the helmets would be so badly broken that they would need to build a completely new one. A lot of hours on their end. She hunched her shoulders, pouted and shuffled towards them. She humphed into her seat.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”