Survival of the Fittest

The RPG Forum. This forum is for AF related RPGs only. Please make sure to read all of the rules and regulations before RP'ing.

Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

FoalysGirl
The Techie
Survival of the Fittest

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Both shiaw_bing2000 and I are not sure if this should be put in this section of the forum or it should be placed in another section. Please inform us if it's not so we can appropriately place it in the right section. Your truely,

FoalysGirl and shiaw_bing2000.

Plot: In the late 1990’s, A secret society was formed by the name of Ultionis. This society’s soul purpose is to make money off of people’s desires for revenge and vengeance; for a price of course. They charge people twenty thousand dollars per person. It matters not to the society the reason behind the person’s desire for vengeance. They do what they do for the money and for nothing else. After the fee has been paid, the society will go out and kidnap and sedate each person that was named. The group of ten or so people that were kidnapped wake up on a deserted island with what they were wearing at the time of their kidnapping with the addition of letter which was placed in their pocket. Each letter contains the name of the person who sold them out, the reason for their vengeance, and the point of the game. The goal is simple.

“ You have been placed on this island due to the personal vendetta of one of your enemies (listed below). There are no rules and no regulations. Your goal is to survive. In order to win and go home you must survive the elements and kill your opponents; all of your opponents. There are 12 of you on the island. You will be notified when an opponent dies when there are special announcements. Let the game begin.”

This RP has the chance to be an amazing combination of a Psychological Thriller and a Horror story. In this RP it is your job to keep your character alive at all costs and to accurately portray the psychological effects such a game could have on a person. Each person will control two characters. You also have to individualize each person and understand how they would act and be affected in each situation. Obviously a company manager isn’t going to be able to survive by himself in nature. You have to know your character inside and out and be able to base their actions on the type of person they are. Each person is also going to be different in their crime and in the way they operate. You can form alliances.

Rules: This is going to be for advanced RP players only and for people above 16 years of age due to the graphic nature of the RPG. If you believe you should be an exception to this rule then send a pm to either me or Foalysgirl and we will decide weather or not you should be allowed to participate in the RP. Each person needs to be mature and cooperate with the rest of the RP gamers for this to work.

1. I expect good grammar and good spelling, use Microsoft word if you’re not so good at spelling but I would like the posts to be readable and flowing. I also expect your posts to be AT LEAST 50 words long, longer if you can stand to. If writing a long post would cause you to god-mod, just write what you can. There are always things to describe and explain within a post, but we are going for quality not quantity. But please, write this as if you were writing a story. Don't just give me a 5 word post and be done with it. If you do not think you are capable of this DO NOT JOIN THIS RP.

2. Absolutely NO god-modding. Veteran roleplayers know what this includes. This includes god-modding in posts, power play and god-modding your characters. Just don't do it.

3. No canon characters.

4. Obey all the established RP forum rules. This includes the rule about commitment. If you sign up and then are going to have to go on vacation, please post a notice in the OOC thread and take the proper actions with your character. If you become inactive without good cause or notice, you will be booted out of the Hyacinth Protocol. I'll take the iniative to either have your character locked up by the LEP or fired from the force. You will be allowed back in if you contact me and explain.

5. This is a PG-13 rated RP. This means mild swearing/sexuality and mild bloody violence could be included, as well as depictions of smoking, drinking. Please be mature and tasteful about this or I will bring the rating down. If you have to censor a curse word with asterisks, just don't use a curse word.

6. NO CHATSPEAK, NETSPEAK, OTHER INTERNET DIALECTS OR EMOTICONS OF ANY TYPE. This makes your posts look immature and silly. Just don't do it, even if it is only a joke.

7. I may ask you to send me an audition. Don't be offended at this. If you want to play, just either write up a 100 word long post of some sorts or link me to some of your writing.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name:Patrick

Re: Survival of the Fittest

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:17 am

I have also notified each of the people that we would like to participate in this RP due to past RP experience and their excellent spelling, grammar, and ability to write.

However, exceptions may be made. If you believe that you are mature and good enough RPer to play a part in this role play then please send us a pm with at least a 100 word post to show us your writing ability and then we will decide weather or not to include you in the RP.

Each person must also fill out a character sheet. Be sure to make it detailed so we have a good idea of what your character is like.

~BASICS~Name: (your character's full name, aliases and nicknames)
Family Information: (Brother? Sister? Mom? Dad? Family relationships? )

~PHYSICAL~
Height: (How tall is your character, how much do they weigh?)
Hair: (Describe your character's hair.)
Facial Features: (Describe your character's face. Includes eye color and skin tone.)
Body: (Describe any aspects of your characters body, not including height and weight. This could include attributes such as long legs, tattoos, muscle, etc.)
Special abilities: (fisherman, baker, painter, runner, muscular, etc…)
Distinguishing Features: (Any outstanding features that would set your character apart such as large scars or birthmarks, unusual height, etc.)

~PERSONALITY AND HISTORY~
Personality: (How do they act? What are they like?)
History: (Your character's detailed history up to the point when they were placed on the island)
Education: (Things your character has learned through his life or that he has specialized his education in. Such as Physics, Chemistry, Music, Biology, etc...)
Battle: (aggressive, defensive, timid, etc…)

Edit: Also, if you have not been approved by FoalysGirl or I to take part in the RP then DO NOT post in the main thread which would be this one.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Artimis look-alike
Sprite
Real First Name:Pat

Postby Artimis look-alike » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:20 am

~BASICS~Name: "Greg"
Family Information: Has a mother and father, anything else is not known

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 6ft 5 inch roughly 200
Hair: Messy hair, black
Facial Features: Black goatee, blue eyes, and a scar crossing his left eye. White
Body: He has a six pack and is well built from the neck down
Special abilities: Mercinary and Ex marine
Distinguishing Features: none

Personality:He’s smart. He will always analyze the situation before jumping in and try to gain superiority over his opponents via strategy. He is not against forming alliances, but works best alone. He doesn’t talk much during high risk situations if it isn’t needed for planning. He enjoys the thrill of danger but doesn’t put himself in it.

History: His history is unknown to all that know him. He has had many names and has had several homes. His history changes with each new identity. All that is truly known about him is that he is an ex marine and was once part of the special ops unit. His current alias is Greg but has gone other some others such as Gray wolf, his code name as a marine, and John Doe, his first ever false alias. His current history is that he grew up in downtown NY and is an only child in an irish family. He is a mercenary now. Other known aliases he has doned are Terrance Jacques. Jorden McChester, and it is speculated he was once the field medic Kevin Rochester.
Education: He has a proficiency with weapons camouflage, and hunting. He can blend with the environment and track several animals. He also knows medicine, how is unknown, it is assumed he was a field medic at one point.
Battle: He is defensive in his battle techniques when coming up with strategy, but will switch to aggressive when he needs to

~BASICS~Name: "Linx"
Family Information: He is alone

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 6' 8" 240lbs
Hair: Combed back brown hair
Facial Features: White with green eyes and no scars
Body: He is just as well built as "Greg"
Special abilities: Ex Marine, Sniper proficiency as well as an explosives expert
Distinguishing Features: He is missing the pinkey finger on his left hand

Personality: Quiet and deadly. He is willing to work with the other hunters to kill “Greg”. He’s as smart and as resourceful as Greg is and just as deadly.
History: He grew up in Canada then moved to the US, and joined their military at 18. He grew up and became an adept on the battle field. His time in the Marine Core is unknown in official records but was kicked out of the marines and has had a personal vendetta against "greg" ever since
Education:He is an expert with explosives and with a sniper rifle. He is also an interpretive dancer... this was a private thing made public three years before his expulsion from the marine core via youtube, it got 10,000 views
Battle: Resourceful
There's a flaw in the system, as usual

I actualy look like HARRY POTTER!!!

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:26 am

~BASICS~Name: Hector Smith
Family Information: Has a father, and an older brother. His father John Smith was well-known to have become one of the world's front-running billionaires within ten years, due to his involvement in various corporations and patented technology worldwide. Though many have suspected foul play, none of the numerous investigations into John Smith have been able to prove anything yet. Hector's father insured that his two sons would be brought up well, and though Hector is known as the more rebellious 'black sheep' of the family, he inherited his father's shrewd tactics and was given control of the family business once his father died. He is somewhat of a con man and a fantastic negotiator. His older brother, Joseph, is the one responsible for his involvement in the game of vengeance.

~PHYSICAL~
Height: Fairly tall, just over six feet. He has a slim build but is quite muscular.
Hair: Dark brown, short and professional.
Facial Features: Hector is good looking in a strange way, roughly handsome. He can fake a perfectly sincere Hollywood smile, and has eyebrows that are used to being furrowed in concentration. He has cunning grey eyes and a strong chin, and usually has five o'clock shadow. He's tan and healthy looking.
Body: Muscular, but not bulky. Hector has the square shoulders and excellent posture of a confident businessman, and the scarred knuckles that come from a childhood of rebellion. He is also an excellent athlete.
Special abilities: Cunning, shrewd negotiation skills, a smile that says "I'm earnest and trustworthy", brilliant people person, also Hector is physically well fit and a very fast runner.
Distinguishing Features: When Hector is thinking something through, he has a peculiar habit of smiling, and peering off to the side with a half-squint.

Personality: Hector is not someone you can take at face value, and he is slightly ashamed of that. He keeps most of his plans close to his chest, but like any good tactician, he knows when to collaborate with others and can be reliable and amiable. Also, Hector is extremely wealthy and he knows it--and is not ashamed to bribe others when needed. He most closely fits the profile of the anti-heroic con man/business shark. Hector went through a long period of rebellion towards his father and family name, so he is not so easily corruptible as your average robber baron type. Although his morals are somewhat lax, he's not a fan of death and does not like killing.
History: Hector was never close to his father and spent much of his youth being shuffled from various high class prep schools. When he was young, he had ambitions to become a doctor, which is where his intimate knowledge of first aid comes from. His father respected him for trying to do his own thing, and named him the heir to the Smith family business. Once his father died, Hector found new meaning in making money and decided to take the business in new directions. As stated previously, Hector was placed on the island because of his older brother, who wanted to wrest the family fortune from what he felt were undeserving hands. After Hector tried to distance the family business from some of the connections his father had made in the underworld, his brother turned to the very same criminal organizations and had them contact Ultionis.
Education: Hector is a genius businessman, and extremely smart tactician. Thanks to his ambitions of doctor-hood, Hector is more than knowledgeable in the field of biology and medical sciences. Also, due to his uncomfortably close connections to criminal organizations, Hector has an intimate knowledge of firearms and how to use them well, if only in his own defense. Hector was shuffled from various high grade preparatory schools throughout his life, so he received a first class education and prestigious college scholarships.
Battle: Hector prefers a strong defense and rarely instigates violence, though he has learned to defend himself extremely well, due to bullies at school and later becoming a target for various criminal organizations.

When Hector comes to on the island, he is dressed in his usual business suit.

~BASICS~Name: Natalie Splinter
Family Information: Classified. Though Natalie is not technically a spy, her job description requires her to keep and record secrets and thus much of her past is kept under wraps. It is rumored that some type of international crisis ended in the death of her entire family, which is both why it is kept secret and why she decided to apply for a job with the CIA.

~PHYSICAL~
Height: Five feet, five inches. Slender and muscular.
Hair: Dark brown, very short.
Facial Features: Wide green eyes, high-arching, expressive eyebrows, a wry smile, and thin, aquiline nose.
Body: Long-limbed and athletic, small feet and long neck.
Special abilities: She works for the CIA as a record-keeper, and though not trained in martial arts, she was brutally assaulted when she was nineteen and since then has made sure that she can defend herself. She is excellent at keeping secrets, and because she works in the intelligence nerve center of the United States, she knows the tricks of a spy even though she is not technically one of them.
Distinguishing Features: Natalie's job is to not look distinguished. While not a secret agent, she is still a keeper of government secrets and pre-assesses targets of professional spies. Therefore Natalie tries to maintain a low profile.

Personality: Natalie is practical and sharp-witted, with an intuitive streak that makes her job easier. She is an excellent judge of character and can usually guess correctly about what other people are thinking. Natalie may seem friendly and amiable up front, but because of her past she has trouble trusting others and carefully judges others characters before trusting them. However, Natalie knows that many of the spies in the CIA work best by forming strong contacts with others, and is a brilliant tactician when it comes to forming alliances.
History: Natalie is very much self reliant and does not depend on others easily. While many of her family details are kept secret by the government, it's rumored that there was a high-profile CIA case, and her parents were at the center of it. On her own time, Natalie was following a lead that had to do with this case and it was the person she was following that sent her to the island.
Education: Natalie specializes in researching and, essentially spying. She is fast and athletic, and is good at digging up secrets.
Battle: Natalie does not like to fight, but if cornered, she gets furious.

When Natalie wakes up on the island, she is wearing a black t-shirt and jeans.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:13 am

~BASICS~Name: Cassandra Shelly, Cass
Family Information: She has a mother, father and two older brothers. One of her brothers died in a car crash.

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 5'5'' and 130 lbs
Hair: Blonde hair, that goes down to the middle of her back and wavy. Usually keeps in in a ponytail.
Facial Features: Elf like face, with freckles covering her cheeks and nose. A pointed chin and nose and full lips. Has almond shaped eyes. Her eye colour is green with a hint of blue in the middle. She has tanned skin.
Body: She has a typical figure for a 20 year old woman. Fairly chesty, with a slim body-slight body fat around the lower part of her body. She has slender, muscular arms and slender legs. She has a tattoo which is located right over her shoulder-blades, which is a set of angel wings.
Special abilities: Is currently a student for nursing.
Distinguishing Features: None what-so-ever.

Personality: Cassandra is usually very outgoing and playful-some might say childish. But when put into a serious situation she can become quite mature. She's protective of her loved ones and friends.
History: Cassandra was born in Calgary where she was born and grew up with her two older brothers. Both her parents worked in business and so the family moved a lot for her parents work. When she was 13-which was when she graduated from junior high-her family finally settled in Toronto. They lived their for a year, before one of her brothers died in a car cash. Cass went through several months of solitude, before hanging out with the wrong people. At the age of 15 her new friends then got her into drugs. This started her on a path of dangerous things. When she was 17, she overdosed and was sent to the emergency. She then went through a year of rehab and was allowed out when she was 18. She then applied to university, so she could help others. However, after finding out that her dealer was still at large, she decided to take it upon herself to destroy him, thus leading her to the Island.
Education: She has learned, Chemistry and Biology which has lead to further medical research.
Battle: Timid at first, but then becomes aggressive.

Time to do the drug dealer.

~BASICS~Name: Kevin Jomes
Family Information: He was born into a family with a mother and father and a younger sister. Has lost contact with them.

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 6'5'' and 210 lbs
Hair: Black hair, done in large dreadlocks.
Facial Features: Round face. Has full lips, a wide nose, a wide chin. Wide eyes, that are fully green. His skin tone is also tanned-from Greece.
Body: Large, he's not fat, nor is he skinny. He's quite muscly, but wouldn't be able to last in a professional fight. He has big arms and legs. His fingers are discoloured from overuse of drugs. His eyes are bloodshot as well. He hunches a lot and has bruises along his arms. He has a piercing on his lower lip.
Special abilities: Has none-is a professional drug dealer.
Distinguishing Features: Nope.

Personality: Quite and tries to keep out of main crowds. He doesn't have many friends. He's always angry and has a quick temper. When he has too he loves to pick a fight. He's also stubborn.
History: He was born and raised in the outskirts of Toronto to two poor parents. His sister was born quite some time after him. Because he lived in the dringes of the city he never really got an education. He went to elementary and junior high. He started high school, but dropped out when he was 15. He then started hanging around with gangs, who got him into drugs. A year later, he officially moved out from his parents and moved into a dingy apartment with a few friends, where they started growing their own drugs. He soon had to move, when they got busted by the police. He then lived on his own for a bit, and met up with Cass and her friends. They were his main buyers. When he was 17, he found out that one of his buyers had overdosed and hid in the shadows. When he was 19, he began to sell again. He was then found out by Cass a year later and sent to the Island to pay for his crimes.
Education: Nothing. He's a high school drop out.
Battle: Very agressive-keeps a gun in the waistband of his pants.
"Brian,"
"What?"

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:11 am

~BASICS~
Name: Brian James Deck. Aka: Cut-throat
Family Information: His sister was killed in car accident many years ago and his parents were shot in a drug deal gone wrong.

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 6’1, 180 pounds
Hair: His hair is a glossy dark brown and hangs down loosely around his head.
Facial Features: Brian has eyes that are so dark that they are considered black. His eyes are glaring and intense with a cruel shine to them. His inner part of his eyebrows are permanently pointed downward, giving him the appearance of being mad all the time. He has a relatively handsome face with a short black beard and a thin mustache. His skin is a light tan color and his cleft jaw is square, protruding out from his face slightly.
Body: Brian is in extremely good shape. He has around ten percent body fat and is filled out with rippling muscles. He has large, rough hands with dried blood underneath his fingernails. He only has one tattoo. Located on his back, a large depiction of demon’s wings fill out from the top middle of his back out to his shoulders. The wings are long and expanded with tears and are colored black, purple, and blood red.
Special abilities: Brian’s sole occupation is as a serial killer. Over his years in prison he taught himself how to fight just about anyone.
Distinguishing Features: A long, jagged scar crosses from his right shoulder to the middle of his left side.

Personality: Brian is extremely intelligent and patient with cold and calculating brain. He has little to no emotion and lacks a conscious. He has a silent and intimidating character. He remains quiet for the most part. The only time he talks is when he is about to kill a victim. Brian works alone and has no alliances. History: Brian wasn’t always a killer. Had he been raised differently it’s entirely possible that he might have grown up to become a good person who lived a normal life. Brian was born 1881 in a squalid apartment in the slums of New York. His mom and dad couldn’t afford to pay the hospital bill so they took care of birth themselves. His father had been a doctor long ago before he had turned to alcohol and drugs so he was able to deliver Brian successfully. His father was once a respectable man in society before he became addicted to drugs and alcohol. He would come home every night drunk and beat Brian. One night he had taken a knife to him, which explains the scar across his chest. His mother was also a drug addict. While she wasn’t as bad as her father she was still cruel even though she didn’t participate in beating her son. She would sit back and watch, her eyes staring blankly at the scene, uncaring and oblivious. Brian grew up in an environment of drugs, hatred, and pain. When he was 12, his parents were killed in a drug deal when they weren’t able to pay up. Brian was left alone to fend for himself. He almost immediately turned to a life of crime in order to survive. His crimes were petty at first, the occasional robbery, purse snatch, pick-pocketing, but never overly violent. One night, he had tackled a man in the alleyway and stolen his wallet. When the man tried to fight back, Brian unintentionally cut open his throat with his knife he had been using for intimidation. He found that he actually liked the feeling of killing people, he liked watching their life drain from them, watching their blood empty on the ground. He was 14. Over the next ten years, Brian wracked up a killing spree of over 150 victims. The authorities had deemed him Cut-throat. He was caught once and placed in prison at 17 but escaped not a year later. He has never been caught again. He was placed on the island by a family member who's family was killed by Brian. The man now seeks revenge and has paid out the nose to get it.
Education: While an extremely intelligent individual, he never went through formal schooling. He learned most of his knowledge in prison. He read around a hundred books during his prison stay which is the basis for most of his knowledge.
Battle: Aggressive (though only when he chooses). He keeps a 6 inch dagger with an ivory handle on the inside of his jacket.

~BASICS~Name: Sam James Ryan
Family Information: His mother and father died a few years before in a car accident. His wife, son, and daughter were all killed by “Cut-throat” Brian. He still has a sister who lives around a 100 miles away in a separate town.

~PHYSICAL~
Height: 5’11 at 165 pounds
Hair: straight, smooth and blonde, cut at about 4 inches length, it hangs down over the the top of his ears.
Facial Features: Sam’s face has the appearance of being boyish, though not overly young looking, his lack of facial hair and smooth skin give him this appearance. He has bright blue eyes with average blonde eyebrows. His skin also has a slight tan but he comes across as fairly pale looking.
Body: While not overly muscular or fit, Sam is in relatively good shape. He had fairly good muscle definition but has gained a small layer of fat on his lower stomach, covering up his lower abdominal muscles. Other than that, he has an averagely proportioned body.
Special abilities: Sam was in the Boy Scouts for over 10 years and gained his eagle scout badge. He’s also a long distance tour biker and rides in 50 to 60 mile races to raise money for certain causes.
Distinguishing Features: tattoo of a cross upon his upper right shoulder.

Personality: Sam, while he used to be a very funny, free, and loose guy. Since witnessing the killing of a family he has hardened. His persona emits a cold, emotionless, and calculating aura. His mind has been consumed by nightmares of the night his family was killed. He quickly lost his job. He has become cold, vengeful, and angry.
History: He completed his high school years with all A’s in every class, received a scholarship to go to college at the University of Texas in Austin. There he studied diligently and earned a degree in meteorology and in music. He was meteorologist and weather man before his wife and children were killed by “Cut throat” Brian. Soon after he went into a deep depression. He became suicidal and depressed. When his sister found him lying on the floor of his apartment with his wrist slit open, she immediately sent him to a psychiatric ward. During his stay, he lost his job. While they managed to cure him of his depression. Sam quickly turned to anger and the promise of revenge to get him through the days. A few years later, his parents died at the ages of 76 and 85 in a dramatic car crash. They left half of their money to him and half to his sister. Seeing the large amount of money he now had, he quickly sent it to the Ultionis Society purely in order to exact his revenge upon the man who had ruined his life.
Education: He studied and majored in meteorology (weather) and minored in music.
Last edited by shiaw_bing2000 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:43 am

A bird gave a loud squawk, making the man on the group stir. He awoke, slowly sitting up on one of his elbows, holding his head with his free hand. He groaned, gritting his teeth in pain. His head throbbed from an awaking headache.
"Damn, that was the s#!t," he grunted as he pushed himself onto his knees.

Hearing the ground crunch under him, Kevin, the man, looked down. "What the?" He asked himself, confused. Where was he? And, why was he here. Quickly he got to his feet, dusting off his baggy sweater. Dust, lightly sprinkled off his clothing. After, he realized he needed to take a piss. He lifted his pants as he trudged to the nearest tree. He placed his hand on it and did his business.

By this point he was able to take in the sights. It seemed that somehow he was in a vast jungle, fruit and various flowers grew on the many plants. He couldn't see any birds or animals, but he could hear the sounds of them in the distance. "Some trip," he laughed and scratched himself. As he did, a small envelope fell from his pocket.

Kevin raised an eyebrow and picked it up after he finished. Thinking that it was probably payment from his last deal, he opened it. He was quite ticked that there was no money in it. Instead, a letter was folded neatly inside. He unfolded it and began to read.

To Kevin Jones:
You have been placed on this island due to the personal vendetta of one of your enemies Cassandra Shelly. There are no rules and no regulations. Your goal is to survive. In order to win and go home you must survive the elements and kill your opponents; all of your opponents. There are 12 of you on the island. You will be notified when an opponent dies when there are special announcements. Let the game begin.

Cassandra, who was Cassandra again? He racked his brain. He had many buyers who were female. Suddenly he remembered that Cassandra was the one who had nearly died, years ago. "F**k!" He cried. Now he was really screwed. He would need to think of how to get out of this situation.

------------
On a small screen, Cassandra, watched as Kevin awoke and took in his situation. She crossed her leg, and began to bite her nails. When she was confronted by the organization who put this all together, she was more than happy to agree. And ever since her overdose, she always knew she wanted to see Kevin suffer as much as possible.

Cass, sat back comfortably on the large, leather couch in the viewing room, which was situated at the far end of the island. Her plan was to make Kevin wonder before making an attempt to kill him. She didn't know how to kill him yet though. Poisoned darts? That could kill him slowly, make him suffer a bit. Or maybe a clean shot with a gun. There were many possibilities. The one good thing about killing him on the island, was that she would return home, scott free. No records would show up, on any reports.

A waiter walked over, offering her a glass of champagne and a plate of caviar and crackers.
"Brian,"
"What?"

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:33 pm

The sun beat like syrup across Hector's eyes, and he blinked, raising a hand to keep out the light. The tropical sun leaked between his fingers, and his head pulsed painfully in its yellow glare. What the hell...? His thoughts were slow, but deliberate. Damp sand coated both of his hands, trickled from his hair into his collar, making the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. I'm not in my bed at Chateau Smith. I'm outside... He stood up uncertainly, and the white-hot glare from the sun faded into something much more manageable as he came to. A vast stretch of green. A strip of white. Then a pulsing abyss of blue. No, not just outside. I'm on a beach somewhere. Something's not right. He blinked agian, furrowed his brows, and the world snapped cleanly into focus.

Hector wheeled wildly around, but there was no expensive resort in sight. Not a night of drinking tequila, then, though he felt as hungover. Focus, Hector. You've got places to be. Need to find out how I got here. Hector checked the sands for signs of a midnight stroll along the beach, something that might have led him a distance from civilization, but noticed something strange. No footprints! None! He glanced down at the imprint his body had made in the sand. Not even mine! If Hector ever got panicked, he might have felt an emoiton akin to that now. No time for that, he admonished himself. His brows furrowed and his face slipped into the features that would have made many a business tycoon proud.

First things first-- was I mugged or something? He patted his pockets. Something crumpled oddly in the top pocket of his jacket. Money? A busines contract? I don't usually go walking around with either. He plunged his fist into the pocket and drew it out clutching an envelope of particularly expensive stationary. He stared at it accusingly. Across the front were the words "For Mister Hector M. Smith" in a scrawling green caligraphy. I don't remember you... He ripped it open.

To Mister Hector M. Smith:
You have been placed on this island due to the personal vendetta of one of your enemies, Miss Natalie Splinter. There are no rules and no regulations. Your goal is to survive. In order to win and go home you must survive the elements and kill your opponents; all of your opponents. There are 12 of you on the island. You will be notified when an opponent dies when there are special announcements. Let the game begin.

Hector flipped the paper over, and found the words "P.S. You have to play the game. Remember, we'll be watching. Your friends at Ultionis." They were written in the same green caligraphy as his name had been.

A large part of Hector was angry, quite another part of him was afraid. But Hector Smith, the real Hector, the man who could make billionaires bend to his every whim, was excited. He liked games. Natalie Splinter, though? He wondered. I don't know a Natalie Splinter, at least not that I can remember. If there's anyone who wants me here, it would be my brother.

---

Natalie Splinter woke up in a very plush room, lying on a white leather couch, a plasma screen TV against the other wall. Well, I know I wokr for the CIA, but this is annoying, even for them. The sedation, though, that she was used to.

"Alright, where am I? Is this a mission debriefing or something?"

The television flicked on, and a silhouette of a man appeared against a backlit blue background. "Of course not, Miss Splinter. You are on Ultionis Island, waiting for the game of vengeance to begin. Your target, Hector Smith, is just now waking up."

The screen changed to a scene of a tall man in a business suit ripping open a letter on the beach. His eyebrows furrowed, and he looked confused. About as confused as I am, Natalie thought.

"What the hell is Ultionis? I don't know this guy. Is this a punishment? Do you think I sold CIA secrets or something? Because you KNOW I would never." Her manicured fingers gripped the pristine white leather of the couch and made dents.

The silhouetted man appeared on the screen again. "Oh, dear, something must have gone wrong with the sedatives. But I assure you, Miss Splinter, you paid for this game, and once the sedative wears off, I can also assure you that you will remember this man, and you will certainly find this game a bit more... shall we say, engaging?"

The screen turned off. Natalie Splinter was speechless.
~The Unwritten

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:58 am

Greg woke up in the middle of a jungle with nothing but his suit, and a walky-talky. Standing up he took in the scenery around him, examining every blade of grass. He could remember much but being jumped and drugged, he was ashamed he was taken out that easily. Checking his person he realized the vitality of the situation. He had no weapons or ammo, he was naked. Not physically naked mind you, he still had his military jump suit, but the fact he had no forms of defense bothered him. He then looked at the walky-talky that was in his hand. Examining it, he slowly pressed the button on the side of it. “Hello?” he asked calmly in the transmuter of the talky. A very familiar voice replied back, a very familiar voice. “Hello old friend” the voice replied.
“Linx you son-of-a-Pretty pink butterflies where the hell am I?”
“Now now now, no need for hostilities, yet. I simply asked some friends of mine to bring you here for a little game.”
“I’m guessing this game involves me dying”
“I do hope so, the game itself is simple, you, and several others have been placed on this island by a group of people who have personal vendettas against you all, I hate you, and several others hate whoever. The point of the game is to survive, last one standing gets to go home. Now I admit, we, the hunters, have the advantage as we all have weapons, but don’t let that discourage you, you’ve survived much worse. You and I should have a fun fight on our hands, as both of us are ex military, most of the others arn't military trained, and two of the three are women, cure too.”
“So I’m supposed to run around like a rat while you hunt me like an animal, or flirt with numerous women”
“Now now now, I may want to kill you, but unlike the others, I’m not so one sided. It would be unfair if I killed an unarmed man. You see the tree on your left, the one with the owl hole”
Greg looked around until he saw it. “Yeah I see it”
“There should be a ak-47 fully loaded in it, with some extra ammo, that should make things more fun.”
“Yeah, until you nail me with a sniper rifle”
“Between you and me, there’s a ammo depot somewhere on the island, find it and help your self to the contents, I like the challenge Gray Wolf”
“Thanks, I’ll enjoy killing you”
“May the best of us win, oh and kill some of these god damn birds on your way, their starting to bug me. Can you believe the others sent letters? I prefer a more personal approach, so I payed extra for a such specials, like this walkie talkie sent to you.”
The talkie then switched off. Greg placed it in his pocket and went to go grab his weapons. Linx may be a jackass, but at least he’s fair in his fights. Greg smiled as he ran off.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Linx smiled as he turned of his talkie and drank the water he had on his table. "Stay alive through this Gray Wolf, and I'll buy you a drink" he said smiling as he got his gear ready to head out.

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:05 am

Brian stalked stealthily through the dark house. Having sneaked in through the door noiselessly using a set of lock picks, he was now sneaking quietly through the house, so as not to wake the occupants. He feet padded gently as he walked down the thick, expensive carpet, his ivory handled knife cradled loosely in his left hand. When he reached the door on the left he turned toward it, placing his hand gently on the brass door knob. He opened the door smoothly, deftly, noiselessly. The light scent of Ed Hardy perfume invaded his nostrils as a current of air moved from the room out into the hallway. Brian grinned satanically when he realized his next victim was going to be a teenager, a girl by the scent of the perfume. He walked up beside her bed. Nestled in the baby blue sheets lay a teenage girl, around the age of 14 or 15. She lay comfortably in the smooth sheets, wearing a spaghetti strap top, curled up on her side. Brian placed the tip of the knife on her hand, slowly tracing his way up her arm and to her shoulder. The could touch of the metal woke the girl from her pleasant dreams. She looked around groggily for a moment before her eyes settled in on the dark, menacing presence looming above her. Her eyes widened, she drew in a sharp inhale and screamed…

Brian woke with a bird cawing loudly as it circled over his body. The bright sunlight burst through his eye lids as he quickly opened and shut his eyes. “Damn that’s bright”, he thought. He immediately brought his hand up from the ground and placed it on his pounding head, using his thumb and middle finger to massage his temples in an attempt to alleviate the pounding migraine. He watched the replay of the already fading dream in his mind, the girl screaming, the ivory handled dagger. The girl had been his sister. All these killings were starting to effect him. It was only then that he recognized the gritty texture of sand that was between his hand a head. “What the hell,” He said in confusion. He sat up slowly and opened his eyes, opening and closing them quickly as he tried to adjust to the sudden brightness. When his vision cleared he looked around, noticing the sandy beach which transformed into a deeply wooded jungle about 15 yards from the start of the shore line. He looked around bewilderedly. “Where the heck am I?” He asked to himself as his eyes quickly took in the endless blue ocean that extended from the island.

He quickly stood up, a mistake that sent waves of pain through his head. He placed his gritty hand on his head again and closed his eyes. “Damn headache.” He thought as the waves pounded through his skull. Once the throbbing had subsided somewhat, Brian took the opportunity to look around at his surroundings in order to determine where he was. He took in the thick pine forest, the fine white sand, the aquamarine surf, the semi-humid air, and the mild, but not overly hot temperature. “Ultionis,” he thought. “This is exactly their style.” Brain would know because he had paid for their services previously. Brian thought back when he sat watching his parents battling for their lives on the barren landscape he had chosen specifically for their deaths. “Dear old mom and dad,” he thought. The got exactly what was coming to them. He had watched with satisfaction as they had bled out onto the ground, remember with vivid clarity their torturous methods against him when he was but a child. Anger began to bubble up inside him, burning and boiling, it threatened to consume him. He began to breathe deep and suppressed his anger, his distorted features replaced by his cold, hard, calculating face.

He began to think once again about his predicament. “No honor amongst clients, I suppose,” he thought dryly. “Then again, I wouldn’t exactly turn down that much money either. The question is, who paid to have me put on the island?” He reached into his pocket where he knew the letter would be. He grasped the edge and pulled it out, opening it up, it read:

To Mister Brian James Deck
You have been placed on this island due to the personal vendetta of one of your enemies, Mister Sam James Ryan. There are no rules and no regulations. Your goal is to survive. In order to win and go home you must survive the elements and kill your opponents; all of your opponents. There are 12 of you on the island. You will be notified when an opponent dies when there are special announcements. Let the game begin.

“Same James Ryan… he even has the same middle name as I do,” he thought uncaringly as he read on.

P.S. Sorry about this Brian, it’s just business.
~Jonathan

“Of course Jonathan, I understand,” He said aloud so that the camera he knew was there would pick it up. “You can also understand that if I get out of here, I’ll kill you, the same as the rest of my victims. Perhaps I’ll even make your death a bit special.” A demonic smile replaced the cold and emotionless face as he thought about the possibilities. Before he got to involved in his deadly fantasies, he looked back down at the paper where another line was scrawled.

P.S.S. Brian, years ago, you killed my daughter, you killed my son, and you killed my wife. It would not make me any happier than to kill you right now as I watch your every move on this screen. But for all the pain you’ve put me through, it’s now your turn to suffer. You will know the meaning of true agony before your time is up, you will know what it’s like to lose everything, you will understand what you put me through before I kill you.

Brian crumpled up the paper and tossed it over his shoulder into the ocean. “A bit over-dramatic, don’t you think Sam,” he said aloud. Whoever this Sam was, he liked his style. Sure he didn’t take care of the job himself but at least he was man enough to do something about it. While his outer expression remained unchanged, he smiled inwardly. “Good, I like myself a challenge,” he thought, subdued excitement coursing through his veins. He turned toward the jungle and walked into the foliage, his form darkening as he entered the trees.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam sat in front of the large screen, his complexion changed by the ravages of a life based solely on the thoughts of revenge. His eyes were sunken with dark lilac circles underneath. His skin was prematurely wrinkled with a grey hue to it and his mouth was set in a permanent frown. The once proud face of a handsome man had been reduced to the aged face of one who had been through the worst of times with out the best of times. He watched in anger as the man who had killed his family and had taken his life stood on the beach.

He closed his eyes as the visions ran through his head. His daughter, laying dead in her bed, her eyes clouded, blank, and unseeing, her throat cut open in a jagged red line, her pale white skin, the dark crimson puddle around her. Then there had been his wife, her own throat sliced open in the same cruel manner, laying next to his daughter as she had tried to protect her from the bastard that looked at him through the screen. Her mouth had been open in a silent, eternal scream.

Sam shuddered as the visions filled his being, blocking out everything else but their cold bodies. He fell to his knees on the carpet, crying in great heaving sobs as he remembered. He directed all his sadness into anger at the man who had caused it, something he’d learned to do when the depression became too great. The anger coursed through him, replacing the sorrow with unrelenting fury. “AAAAAAAAAAHHHH,” He screamed with his head toward the ceiling. He stood up quickly, his eyes ablaze and his breath coming in deep and forced. He watched in rage as the Brian threw the paper into the water, heard his comment, and glared as he disappeared into the woods.

“Your time will come you nefarious bastard. And I intend to be the one holding the hour glass.” He stalked over to the wall, sending the tray of snacks flying against the wall. The glass plate shattered on impact, raining glass shards onto the carpet. He picked up the sniper rifle, jammed in a magazine and walked out the door, slamming it behind him as he headed out to the sniper stand.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:24 pm

After the initial interest, Hector was assaulted by a wave of adrenaline, the feeling of self-preservation that always surfaced when he was in danger. His thoughts raced as he scanned the beach, grey eyes flicking about precisely. I need to get out of here, wait until the opportune moment to make alliances. No need to go approaching some gun-toting bastard until I'm certain they're not going to point it at me. And, if I'm lucky, maybe I don't need to go putting bullets in people, not yet.

He certainly seemed alone where he was. If need be, he could sit on the beach where he could see people coming until he was sure it was safe to head inland. Two problems with that theory. I'm exposed on an open beach--I'm wearing a black business suit, for God's sake, you could probably see me from a mile away. And... I'm gonna need a gun. Wherever the weapons are, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be sitting on this beach for me.

Still, the woods in front of him were dark and foreboding. There are dunes over there, he thought. Good. Cover. I'll stick to the coastline, see if I can't make my way around the island, get an idea of the geography. His loafers slipped easily across the sand, and Hector took off his jacket, folding it across one arm. And this Natalie character... I should probably talk to her, whoever she is. See if we can't come to an understanding.
~The Unwritten

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:02 am

Kevin scratched his noise, it had been how long since he had a sniff? He checked his pockets, hoping that one last joint would be left. He gave a sigh of defeat when he couldn't find one. It seemed that whoever brought him on the island had cleaned his pockets.

"Crap," he whispered angrily.

He had to say, that the one downfall to the island was that he didn't know which plants made decent drugs. Other than that, he didn't mind the fresh air, the forest, the sound of the distant waves. He smiled and placed his hands deep into his pockets. He knew that Cass wouldn't kill him. She was weak when they first met, and she was probably still weak.

As he passed a nearby tree, he noticed fruit growing. His stomach growled. He most definitely had the munchies. He grabbed one and bit into it. The juice running down his chin. He wiped it off with his sleeve.

------------------

Cassandra got to her feet, after finishing her drink and appetizer. On a far table a meal had been laid out, but she wasn't in the mood for eating. She needed to think, privately. She pulled a sweater around her.

She walked past one of her fellow hunters, he seemed to be in the military. He probably had everything planned out to perfection.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:39 am

Greg snuck through the moist forest greens pushing aside the vegetation as he past. As he walked through the woods he came to a deep trench. To wide to pass by jumping over, he would have to find another way across. He examined the dirt to try and determine the location of the island. but as he did so the ground began to rumble a bit. He began to look up for signs that pointed to the source of the rumbling. Looking down the trail along the edge of the trench he saw dust clouds. Realizing what it was that was coming toward him he began to run more rapidly. Behind him stomped a large rhino in full charge toward him. He was about to turn and shoot when he tripped over an indent. He blew the dust away to see listening devices. "What the frack" he began, but remembering his current situation as the rhino charged him he quickly rolled out of the way of the charge but fell off the trench in the process. He was able to halt his stop my grabbing onto a tree branch. "This whole island is manmade..." he said observing the island scenery. He grabbed onto a rock and began climbing over to the nearest cliffside cave. Before he took a seat he examined all the walls for listening devices or cameras, none. He would stay there for the night he determined.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Linx grabbed his guns and left a tip for the waiter. He would give Wolf a day, but that's it. As soon as morning hit the next day, he would head out.
Last edited by Artimis look-alike on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 am

edit: sorry, this was supposed to be a pm, for some reason (brain fart) I didn't realize that this wasn't the pm box, this will be my next post in the story when I get it typed.

Return to “Artemis Fowl RPG”