Search for the Ninth Family

Old RPG threads.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Search for the Ninth Family

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm making this because I couldn't find any other RPG's that I wanted to join. I had a character in mind (The ever popular relation to Holly) and somebody always had one of those so I'm starting a new one.

The Ninth Family is Brownies. (I just decided that because there hasn't been any mention of Brownies in the books) I don't know where they are that's what we have to do in the RPG. I also don't know why we need to find them, also something to play around with. Smile

I'd like it if we didn't have time travel or Hybras in this RPG because it's confusing enough in an RPG when the faeries are on earth and in their own time. Also please refrain from making it impossible for a character to escape from something. For example one person is playing the bad guy and blows someone up (or try to) if the victim miraculously escapes. Let them be for a while before trying to kill them again. Wink

Name: Ivy Short
Species: Elf
Hair: Red
Clothing: White Warlock Medic Jumpsuit
Weapons: Magic!
Items: Illegal glass ball with acorn (like Holly's)
Skills: Best Medic in the business despite young age, went through LEP training but dropped out after realizing her talents, she's small so she can fit into tiny spaces
Personality: Smart, level-headed, big heart can be annoyingly motherly, she is often mistaken for her older cousin Holly because they look almost identical except Ivy's hair is longer and she's shorter and younger than Holly.
I am the Queeking and Founder of the Knights of the Invisible Table!
If you would like to join the Knights of the Invisible table please go
here.

Juice
Pixie
Real First Name: Jo[CENSORED]

Re: Search for the Ninth Family

Postby Juice » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:44 am

Ooh, Brownies, nice choice. I'll use my shiny new character that I just made. The description is kind of long, so I'll just post vital info here:

Name: Sparks
Species: Elf
Description: Openly disrespects authority, but is still good at what he does
Arsenal: Whatever he can get his hands on.
Skills: Best at close combat, mainly hand to hand. Not too great of a shot. If it comes down to it, he'll grapple with someone on the ground, and not give up 'till he passes out.

Sparks walked into HQ that day with a good feeling. He wasn't sure about what; it was just a gut instinct that something good would happen that day.
"Yeah, fat chance," he muttered under his breath. The guys upstairs never cut him any slack, just because he got a little trigger happy every once in a while. He hardly got any of the good assignments anymore, mostly the grunt work that nobody else would take. Hopefully his luck would change, soon enough. Word had got around that an anonymous tip from a reliable source had led to something big. And Sparks had a feeling that this was his chance to get a bigger cut of the action.
"Coffee: Killing people and then bringing them back to life since 23,486 B.C."

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:27 am

Ivy was reading and walking- again. It was a bad habit but she just couldn't focus on reading durring breakfast. The warlock was on her way to file some reports on a trafic accedent she had been on last night. It hadn't been pretty. They had needed four warlocks on the sight. Ick.

Ivy sighed as she flipped a page over to the back of her stack. Smack. Her report went flying and she fell back.

A privet sat down too rubbing his forhead as pappers fluttered about his head.

"Watch it kid," he muttered.

"Sor-ry" was Ivy's reply. She quickly stooped to gather up her report. D'Arvit, she thought, now I'll be late.
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:31 am

Sparks kept walking, not sparing the girl a second thought. One thing that stayed with him, though, was her face. He was sure he'd seen it before. Best think about later.
He wanted to learn more about this "big news" he kept hearing so much about, so he decided to pay his commanding officer a little visit. Sparks always liked their little chats; his officer felt otherwise. It usually ended up with someone threatening to fire him, and Sparks walking out with a smug grin on his face. He walked into the chief's office without a knock.
"Hey, Chief, how's your morning been?" he said. The chief glanced up at him with a look of sheer annoyance. A smile spread across Sparks' face. This was the best part of his day.

Hageshii_Ame
Commander
Real First Name: Paige

Postby Hageshii_Ame » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:21 am

Is it too late to join? This RPG sound like it has a lot of potential!

*rape*

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Go ahead! We only have two people right now so new players are welcome.

~yo
here.

Hageshii_Ame
Commander
Real First Name: Paige

Postby Hageshii_Ame » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:52 pm

ooc: Yay! I have to go now though (Typing this with screaming parents in the background) I'll post of my character intro soon!

*rape*

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:30 pm

"Thank you for getting this filed, Ivy. Since your record is basically spotless I'll ignore the fact that you were two minutes late," Iris said as she took Ivy's files.
"Thanks Iris," Ivy said breathlessly. She had to sprint to make up time after bumping into that elf.
"I think Marcus would like to speek with you. He mentioned wanting to send a warlock along with a team somewhere," Iris said casually.
"How come?" Ivy said.
"It's supposed to be a dangerous missions I'm guessing, and at the moment you are the only medical warlock that's gone through complete LEP training. Not counting that you are considered still way too young to be ether LEP or a professional warlock the fact that you are both means that you have to be one of the best."
"I may be one of the better medics but the only reason that I've had complete LEP training is because Holly started training me when I was much younger and I was able to advance a couple levels when I joined," Ivy said. Iris rolled her eyes.
"Stop being so modest, you. Marcus asked for you specifically. I suggest you head down there right now and find out what for," Iris said.
Ivy smirked at her friend and after a brief good-bye ran to the Chief's office. She paused outside. Ivy heard a voice that was defiantly not Marcus.
"Hello, Chief. How's your morning been?" She heard Marcus groan in annoyance. With another smirk she knocked on the door.
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:00 am

Chief gave Sparks the details on what his assignment was going to be. Sparks understood less than half of it. Something about somebody else's family or something, blah blah blah, he just wanted to shoot things.
"Oh, and this is going to be particularly dangerous, so we're sending a medic with you. One of the best, I hear."
"WHAT!?" Sparks felt outraged. He didn't need to be taken care of like some child! "You think I can't handle myself out there? Is that it?"
"Yeah, yeah, I've seen the reports on some of your missions. It's a wonder you're not dead yet. Just remember to thank her when she saves your life." Just then, Ivy walked in. "Ah, here she is now. Sparks, say hello, like a good little boy."

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:37 am

"Sparks, say Hello like a good little boy," Marcus said as Ivy walked in. Ivy paused briefly, trying not to smirk.

"Um.. hello," Ivy said as she stepped forward to shake Sparks's hand. Sparks ignored the gesture.

"What! Her? She's just a kid and she ran into me just a little bit ago. How can I expect her to stand on her own two feet if there is a fire fight?" Sparks complained.

Ivy made a face at Marcus that she hoped looked apologetic. It must have looked more like a grimace though. Marcus smirked and winked once with one eye and twice with the other. Ivy knew that signal. Marcus had helped her train while she was in the force.

Ivy gleefully stepped to the other side of Sparks, reaching out behind her with her foot, she kicked the older elf's feet out from under him. With quick refexes, she grabbed the coller of his uniform before he hit the ground. He was left hanging from her tiny fist, only the heels of his feet touched the floor.

"Better watch your own feet, Hotshot," Ivy said, throughly enjoying the elf's vulnerability.
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

"You're lucky you're a girl, or somebody would be losing consciousness in the next few seconds. Alright, so you've got some skill. But can you handle a weapon?" Sparks got to his feet and tossed his pea-shooter to Ivy. To his surprise, she actually knew how to hold it right. "Just try not to shoot Chief here. He's already having such a bad day." Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. She was a little young, but she had potential. Of course, he wouldn't let her know that, or everybody would say he'd gone soft. "Alright, who else is coming with us? And don't tell me it's just me and Shorty here. We might get lonely."

Captain Short
Goblin
Real First Name: Katie

Postby Captain Short » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:14 am

Hi, is it too late for me to join? if not will post character info later.
My fate is my own, my heart remains free. Not magic, but wisdom reveals destiny.

Twilight!

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:23 am

Go ahead and join! The more the marrier!

"There is going to be a briefing meeting after lunch where you will meet the rest of your team," Marcus said. "And I'd be nice to Ms. Short if I were you. She's been through complete LEP and medical warlock training. And besides being very skilled in magic she can handle and shoot any weapon Foaly can dish up."

"Ms. Short?" Sparks said. "You mean like Holly Short?"

"She's my cousin on our mothers' side," Ivy said. "She opened the barrier for females in LEP and I opened it for youth. By the way you're lucky you're just a Privet or I'd be compelled to show you what I'm capable of."

"Would you two take you bickering else where? I do have other assignments than just briefing you and teaching Sparks chivalry," Marcus grummbled.

"Leave the chivalry issue to me," Ivy muttered under her breath. Marcus gave her a warning glance and Ivy instantly shut her mouth and walked off with Sparks trailing behind.

"So did he tell you about the mission?" Ivy asked.

"Yeah, I guess. Something to do with finding some family some where," Sparks said.

"What! A family is missing?" Ivy gasped.

"I don't know I wasn't really listining," Sparks said. Ivy rolled her eyes.

"How many times do you want to bet I have to save your butt on this mission?" she demanded. At first Sparks blew the comment off but then noticed how serious she looked. She really wanted to make a bet!
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:32 am

"Trust me, if I had any money to bet, I would in a second. But on the salary I make, I can barely afford lunch. Speaking of lunch, where's this meeting supposed to be? I wanna know who I'll be working with. Better be some good people, or else I'll have to pick up the slack."
Ivy rolled her eyes, already annoyed with Sparks. He noticed this, and smiled inwardly. He thought it was funny when people rolled their eyes at him, a gesture he was quite used to. It didn't matter. He'd be out on a mission soon, and that was all he cared about. Plus, this girl had spunk. It was a nice change from the usual politeness of society. Sparks was almost tempted to say "Ya' know kid, you remind me of myself," but resisted the urge.

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:02 am

"What's the matter? Too afraid you'll lose?" Ivy pushed as she followed the elf she had unfortunately been assigned with. "Too afraid to lose to a little paramedic warlock wimp?" I didn't know why she was looking for a fight but Sparks just had "Fight me" written all over him.
"I just don't want to see you have to give up all that money when you lose. I'll feel terrible," Sparks said. Ivy gave him a look. It could be described as an are-you-kidding-me look. Truth be told it wasn't a look he was used to. He mostly got eye rolling. That was fun but this was different.
"You know, I could always help you win the bet," Ivy said sarcastically. "If you are seriously injured, I could just ignore you and then if you somehow manage to survive I'll pay you. How does that sound?"
Sparks stopped walking. "Kid, you're going to get into games way over your head here. Heck, if I was in charge of this mission I'd tell you to go back home and watch some little kids to make money for a couple more years. The thing is, now that you're in this thing with me, I'm going to have to keep watching out for you. How am I supposed to do my job and babysit at the same time?"
Ivy glared at him. "Do you realize that if I had stayed in the force, I'd be a Lieutenant by now? I gave that up so that I could save the behinds of the likes of you." The last word was accompanied by a jab in the older elf's muscular chest. As soon as she had finished talking she walked off towards the training gym to meet up with some peers for lunch.
"The meeting will be in the third wing by the way," Ivy said coldly over her shoulder.
here.

Return to “Archive: Old RPGs”