Search for the Ninth Family

Old RPG threads.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Juice
Pixie
Real First Name: Jo[CENSORED]

Re: Search for the Ninth Family

Postby Juice » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:21 am

Following a sharp jab to the chest, Ivy walked away from Sparks. This wasn't something he was used to. He usually had people walk away from him out of annoyance, not out of victory. He decided not to push it, as she might be "saving his behind" fairly soon.
After wandering around for a while, Sparks realized he had skipped lunch entirely. If he didn't hurry, he'd be late for his meeting. He didn't want to give Ivy any room to make him look bad, so he hurried to the third wing. Too late. As usual, he was late. Captain Oliver was already addressing a group of people while pointing at an official looking slide show. Sparks glanced around. To his dismay, Ivy was already there.
"...so as you can see, there is strong evidence pointing to the location of the ninth family being somewhere under the eastern hemisphere. Any questions about what everyone needs to do?" Oliver noticed him walk in. "Ah, late as usual, I see. Very well, you can get the details from Ivy."
"Oh, thanks," Ivy said. "He walks in late, and I get stuck helping him out." She figured Sparks'd be needing her help a lot.

OOC: I thought Capt. Oliver could just be a shared character. We'll do whatever needs to be done with him.
"Coffee: Killing people and then bringing them back to life since 23,486 B.C."

prince_urial
Cave Troll

Postby prince_urial » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:26 am

can Prince Urial join as well?

if so

Name: Parker McKenzie
Eyes: Greyish blue
Race: Fairy, elf
Height: 3' 2
Hair: dark blond hair
Appearance: Thin, with a intellectual aura around him
Clothing: LEP uniform, captains acorns
Weapons: Neutrino 3000, buzz baton and 5 shot dart pistol
Personality: interlectual, likes to take control of the situation and demanding
History: grew up as a "middle" payed family. always had a knack for action so he went to the accadamy. He was quickly aceepted by the LEPrecon and rose to the rank of captain quite quickly :laughing:

Captain Short
Goblin
Real First Name: Katie

Postby Captain Short » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:10 am

Ok here goes

Name: Athena Black
Species: Sprite/human
Appearance: Penetrating brown eyes, long, slightly curly chocolate brown hair, emerald green wings
Clothing: Khaki tshirt, black cargo pants.
Weapons: Sword and specially modified pistol.
Personality: solitary and a leader, can be bossy at times, but pays close attention to how others are feeling, although she tends to act first, think later, and to hell with the consequences.

Bio: Her mother was a sprite and her father was human, both were murdered when she was 14. She lived at an orphange for a year, but ran away when she turned 15. she worked for an elderly lady for board and food and lives with her, ever searching for the murderer who killed her parents. Her best friend Isabel taught her how to use a sword and now Athena is an expert with a sword and not half basd with her gun.

Meanwhile, on the surface Athena was just finishing sweeping out the shop.
"I'll do the balcony and then I'm finished" called Athena
"Thanks dear, I can always count on you" came Mrs Jenkin's answer as she headed home for the night.
"Golly, this has to be the worst the balcony has ever looked!" sighed Athena as she began to clean. Suddenly, she heard a crash as one of the shelves toppled over. Athena spun around to face a massive shock. Standing in front of her was a brownie! But before she could say anything it disappeared as quickly as it had come. She blinked twice thinking it was all a hallucination, brought on by her lack of sleep, but then she noticed something shiny amidst all the dirt from the broken pots. She bent over to pick it up and . . .
My fate is my own, my heart remains free. Not magic, but wisdom reveals destiny.

Twilight!

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:21 pm

There was only one seat left open in the room, Ivy noticed and that unfortunately was right next to her. She groaned inwardly as he took the seat.
"Now for partnering," Oliver said. As he went down the list of people getting paired, both Ivy and Sparks groaned as they heard that they were partnered with each other in an offense position. "Any objections?" Oliver said when he was done.
Both Ivy and Sparks were about to raise their hand but a elf named Parker McKenzie near the front of the room raised his hand before the other two did.
"Yes Captain?"
"I just have an issue with a little girl and a gun-ho Privet being put in charge of the offensive position," Parker said.
Ivy stood up at "little girl" hands balled up into little fists. Sparks actually rolled his eyes at this and pulled her back down into her seat. Surprisingly she didn't struggle.
"Sparks and Ivy may not seem like the most likely pair, but Sparks does have amazing talent when it comes to battle strategy and Ivy is easily underestimated but not easily overcome. I chose them because they seemed like the best two for the job," Oliver said defiantly.
Both Sparks and Ivy slumped in their seats. It didn't look like they would be able to talk their way out of partnership.
"Meeting's over. Be at the shoots at sundown tomorrow. Good-bye," Oliver said cheerily.
I am the Queeking and Founder of the Knights of the Invisible Table!
If you would like to join the Knights of the Invisible table please go
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:39 am

For some reason, Sparks had known that he and Ivy would be paired up. Probably Chief's idea. But he knew that they were the best for the job, so he decided not to complain too much. Oliver dismissed the team, and they all shuffled out of the room. Ivy started to walk away, but Sparks pulled her back. They needed to sort some things out. "Ivy, if you and me are going to be paired up, we need to get a few things straight--"
"Oh, spare me," Ivy said. "I've heard it all before-'I don't want to be responsible for you, you could get hurt out there--'"
"Let me finish. I still think you're a little young, and that probably won't change. But that doesn't mean I don't respect you as a partner. I think you're capable of holding your own, at least from what I've seen. So let's stop this bickering and get along a little, huh? This could be fun, if we just enjoy ourselves." Sparks didn't expect everything to be fixed just like that, but he thought he'd give it a shot.
McKenzie then yelled at them from down the hall. "Hey, break it up you two! Work's over! Go home!" Neither of the two were surprised. They would be getting a lot of that over the next few days.

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:48 am

Ivy and Sparks walked out together. It wasn't something they did on purpose but they were simply heading the same way at the same time.
Ivy couldn't help but smile. "Thanks," she said.
Sparks gave her an odd look. "Really? Just like that, you're going to drop the whole thing?"
"Yeah. Believe it or not only a rare few commanding officers ever believed me capable of anything. You're the first person besides them and my cousin whose ever admitted to believing me capable of holding my own much less saving anyone. I don't do work for the LEP that often but that doesn't mean I don't see action. Professional warlocks see plenty of action. I still have nightmares about T31," Ivy said.
"You were at the T31 crash site? That was twenty years ago," Sparks said surprised. (Remember, Ivy is only 17 in HUMAN years.)
"Actually, I was LEP then. That was actually the night I found out about my warlock abilities," Ivy said quietly. She became lost in thought as they walked on. When they got to the exit she stopped.
"Want to meet me at Spud's tomorrow before sundown?" she said.
"What?" Sparks almost fell over.
"So I can inform you on what we are doing tomorrow,"Ivy said amused.
"Oh, alright," Sparks nodded and pushed the door open, he held it open to Ivy as she walked through.
"Manners too! Wow, I'm impressed. Just try to be on time tomorrow," Ivy said smirking before heading over to her motorbike and driving off.
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:09 am

Sparks watched Ivy drive away on her bike. He was in a relative state of shock, not expecting things to go the way they did. Not that he was complaining. This definitely would be better than he originally thought.
Parker passed him on the way out. "Ooh, Spud's, huh? You two make quite an odd couple."
"Oh, very original," was all Sparks could think to say. His mind was pretty far away by now. He punched Parker in the arm, and walked out, headed to his apartment. He didn't drive, since his building was pretty close to HQ.
Sparks fell asleep very quickly that night. Yep, this mission would definitely turn out ok.

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:55 am

Ivy knew Oliver said to get some sleep, but she had things that needed to be done ASAP and frankly this big assignment tomorrow was getting in the way. She pushed some papers around on her desk.
"20 years ago," Ivy read aloud. "Companula Hearts married Mud-Man Jacob Black, forfeiting her magic." Ivy turned a page. The date of their marriage was exactly one month after the T31 crash. Ivy flipped over to the victim's list of the T31 crash. There was a Orchid Hearts that died in the accident. "Four years ago, Companula and Jacob went missing," Ivy read aloud again. "They were believed to have a daughter. She's also missing." Ivy shuffled some more papers trying to find the connection. After a couple hours she hit the sack for the night.
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:39 am

Sparks woke up early the next morning. He wasn't sure why, because he had nothing to do that day. He was supposed to be preparing for the mission, but it wasn't like he could get his hands on any gear he didn't already have. So that pretty much left the whole day open. He left for HQ after a small breakfast, figuring he could use this precious time to get on Chief's nerves. To his surprise, Chief was nowhere to be found. He never missed a day of work, so he must've been on some official-officer-type business. Pff, now Sparks' whole day was shot. He decided to make himself look busy by flicking paper wads at unsuspecting passersby in the mess hall. It was especially funny when he hit Parker in the eye. All that was left to do now was wait until just before sundown, when he would meet Ivy at Spud's.

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:09 pm

OOC: Just FYI, there is something I forgot to tell you guys about Ivy. I've already done a fan fiction on her and I sometimes use her for RPGs. Major Fun-ness. Here's the story: http://artemis-fowl.com/fanfiction/view ... hp?sid=139 There is an incident in the story were Ivy plants and acorn and gets shot by a softnose at the same time, resulting in limitless magic. (Unfortunately they find out that the endless magic is slowly killing her and at the end she gets her normal magic back.) During the time she gets the unlimited magic, her eyes and hair turns blue. I don't know if I'll use the unlimited magic thing, but I'm telling you guys now just in case the opportunity arrives. Now back to the story. I'm going to get some action started if no one minds.

Ivy hopped on her motorbike and headed to Spud's, she knew she'd be early but she needed to organize her thoughts. She had stopped for traffic when she noticed a collaged aged gnome walking down the street by himself. She thought nothing of it till she felt a tingling down her spine. She and her closest friends called it her sixth sense. Something was going to happen.
A darkly dressed sprite walked up to the gnome and put his arm around his shoulders. The gnome seemed to be protesting. The two of them turned down an ally. Ivy knew something was up. She pulled her bike over and hopped off. She ran to the ally way and just stopped short of entering it.
"Where's that money you owe me?" a dark voice came from the ally.
"I don't have it yet," a timid voiced stuttered.
"You don't have the money." The tone of the voice sent shivers up Ivy's spine.
There was a pause and then "Please."
Ivy couldn't stand there anymore. She turned the corner drawing the peashooter that Sparks gave her yesterday out of her holster.
She jumped around the corner. The sprite had a gun similar to Ivy's own cocked at the gnome's head. Taking careful aim, Ivy fired. The gnome winced thinking it was the sprite's gun that fired. Slowly he blinked and realized he was still alive. The sprite however was looking right at Ivy clutching his wrist that previously held a gun.
"Damion," said once she realized who she was looking at. "Did they let you out of prison already?"
"Naw, I escaped,"Damion said grinning evilly.
"I highly doubt that since you're about as smart as a goblin with a concussion," Ivy scoffed.
"You're right," Damion said. "I got out early on good behavior."
"Slept the whole time again, did you," Ivy said not letting her gun drop.
"Yeah," Damion shrugged. He casually took a step forward.
"Not another step, Damion," Ivy said, coolly.
"You're not really in a position to be making orders here, my little LEP warlock," Damion said, taking another step. Ivy gave him a puzzled look. Damion turned his finger in a circle, motioning her to turn around. Ivy glanced over her shoulder and saw that the entrance to the ally was completely blocked by about five or six other darkly dressed fairies.
With out a second thought she fired her weapon and Damion fell back unconscious. Spinning around she aimed her weapon at the nearest thug and fired.

~yo
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:19 pm

After about another hour of boredom and paper wad flicking, Sparks started walking to his "office", if you could call his pathetic broom closet that. About halfway there, somebody stopped him in the hallway. "Hey, Sparks, we need you to head down to Fort Street. Some scared little old lady called, saying that she heard blaster shots. It's probably nothing, but take the squad bike, just in case. Oh, and try not to blow it up this time."
Eh, more grunt work, Sparks thought. Better than doing nothing. Fort was in the direction of Spud's, anyway. Sparks walked out to the bike, revved it up, and went on his way. But, upon arriving at Fort Street, and seeing the flashes in a back alley, he realized that this was not a false alarm. He reached for his sidearm, only to remember he had never gotten it back from Ivy. Oh well, fists worked just as good. He dashed to where the shots were coming from, and burst around the corner--
and was barely missed by a stun shot. He recovered his wits, and looked to see what this was all about. To his surprise, it was Ivy, holding off at least six other guys. Well, at least she had a gun. Sparks dove for the thug on the far left, letting out a yell. This was not the best idea, because he turned around at the last second, firing his weapon just before he went down. It buzzed Sparks on the foot, numbing it. No big deal, for now he could kick the guy in the head without feeling a thing. Ivy had already taken out two other guys, and one seemed to have dropped his gun and was clutching his right arm. Sparks wasted no time in diving for it, and let off three quick blasts. The sprite crumpled to the ground with a slight grunt. Unfortunately, his friend was standing right above Sparks, the barrel of his gun aimed directly between his eyes.
Oh, beautiful, he thought.

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:21 pm

"Sparks!" Ivy cried when the elf jumped into the ally. The older elf snatched her recent victim's fallen weapon and took out another thug. Suddenly another guy was right on top of him. Ivy almost rolled her eyes at the dramatic way that the thug paused. Over-dramatic-goblin-brained-twit. Those dramatic pauses to enjoy another's vulnerability only works in movies.Ivy aimed and fired and the gun went spinning out of his hands. Sparks waisted no time in kicking that thug into the last one and as soon as the other two were toppled on the ground Ivy sent two more shots at them to make sure they were good and stunned.
Sparks got to his feet, standing awkwardly on his numb one. Suddenly his eyes grew wide.
"Ivy, behind you!" he shouted, but it was too late. Damion had woken up. He came from no where and kicked Ivy's wrist sending her gun spinning. Next thing Ivy knew, she was caught in a head lock and she felt cold steel against her temple.
"Told you. You're not in a position to be making orders here,"Damion said.
Ivy couldn't help it, but she just had to roll her eyes.
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 pm

The sprite had his gun pressed firmly against Ivy's head. Doesn't she ever watch movies? thought Sparks. The stunned guy always wakes back up. Well, either way, this guy was outnumbered. All of his friends were passed out, and he was running out of options. Sparks decided to take the peaceful approach, and negotiate. "Hey, sprite, you've got nowhere to run. Put your gun down, and maybe I'll put in a good word for you. Shorten up your sentence."
The sprite was too dumb to accept.
"Hey, quit trying to talk fast! I'm the one who'll be talking here." A bead of sweat rolled down his cheek. He was cracking. "You, put your gun down, now." As Damion said this, he pointed his blaster at Sparks. That was all he needed. With his weapon off Ivy, there was a clear shot at his head.
"Ivy, move!" She got the message, and jerked her head to the left. Damion took too long to comprehend the situation, and was hit squarely in the face by Sparks' blaster shot. He collapsed to the ground, letting Ivy go.

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:44 pm

"Idiot," Ivy breathed as Damion slumped to the floor.
"Yeah, I know, that guy must have had a goblin brain transplant," Sparks chuckled.
"Not him," Ivy said then paused. "Well yeah him but I was talking about me."
'Huh?"
"I ran into the ally without back up. I thought it was just the one guy and he had a gun on a civilian-" Ivy stopped short. She glanced all around the ally. The gnome was gone!
"Odd," Ivy said. "He's not here."
"The civilian?"
"Yeah. He's disappeared," Ivy insisted.
"Odd," Sparks agreed. He typed in something on his communicator and soon LEP officials swarmed the ally. After Sparks and Ivy answered some questions, they were allowed to leave. So the two headed to Spud's, knowing that they were both late. :)
here.

Juice
Pixie

Postby Juice » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:49 pm

Ivy and Sparks entered Spud's to find it almost empty. They pulled up a couple of stools at the bar, and ordered drinks. "Ah, Sparks, the usual, yeah?" said the bartender. Sparks nodded.
"Oh, you're a frequent here? Drink a lot?" said Ivy.
"Well, I guess you could say that. Mostly I bring Chief here after I've given him a hard time. The usual warning sign that he needs a drink is that little throbbing vein on his forehead."
Ivy chuckled, knowing what he meant. The Chief had a signature vein on his head that throbbed when he was angry.
"So, let's get down to business. What do I need to know about the mission? I don't need little details, just broad stuff."
Ivy proceeded to fill him in on what needed to be done.

Return to “Archive: Old RPGs”