Quantum Key-Bohemianneko's RP

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Re: Quantum Key-Bohemianneko's RP

Postby Griffar » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:21 am

If your going to post something make it meaningful. Now bohemianneko, how will we start this once we get all the people needed??

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

bohemianneko
Dwarf
Real First Name: Bethany

Postby bohemianneko » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:43 pm

The general thing that needs to happen at the beginning is that the fairies need to realize just how in over their heads they are with trying to deal with the time paradox caused by from-the-past Opal's presence in the present. In order for the LEP to be well represented we probably still need a Trouble and need to get No1 to get himself together so I can go over the idea of the Key with him.

Anyway, in the meantime, we need the from-the-present Opal since Xephia had to back out, and after that point whoever the new Opal is and Mrs Opal Fowl need to discuss what exactly is going on and their evil plot is that the characters will need to defeat. It can be as elaborate or sneaky or grand as you like... just make sure that any deaths (even of non-player characters) are at least vaguely cleared with me first. Also, you must follow the forum's rules about killing another person's character. You can't do it against the player's will... Apart from that, plot to your devious hearts' content.

Something the Opals need to decide is whether or not they are working together, against one another, or neither. This must correspond with book canon at the end of the book, but things can change...

Anyway, when we get a couple of LEP people, then I'll need to start off the "good side's" narration with the aftermath of whatever the Opal's are doing (I'm not going to make that up, because I want to actually be reacting) and realizing that I (Holly) really don't have a choice but to go to Artemis for help even though I am loath to do so...

I haven't decided whether or not the rest of the LEP should be in support of Holly's decision to go to Artemis for help. Thoughts? Because I didn't want them all to be actively involved in finding the key, but do they entrust the task to Artemis and Holly (and possibly a couple of others) or do they not know/oppose it?

Regardless, since time is the crux of the matter, the two must go to Qwan for help, but since we don't yet have a Qwan, we could possibly make it so that he's been a casualty of whatever is going on (preferably not dead) so No1 is on his own and happens upon the information Qwan had been gathering about the Key for the LEP. Whether he should accompany them to find it is another decision I'm not going to single-handedly make.

The Key, essentially, from my preliminary idea, is rather vague on purpose. It's something spoken of in ancient demon/fairly literature that was supposed to be of vast importance to time-travel and time-stream manipulation, theoretically opening the door to time itself to whomever possesses it, essentially making it so that if Artemis and Holly get it, then they can heal the wound in time, whereas if younger Opal gets it, she can make it so that the wound heals improperly and cement herself in the future, but in doing so would cause destruction of everything that would be messed up as a result... This idea may be altered later, but it's the shortest summary I can do.

The wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff (no plagiarism intended, Doctor Who) is something that's confusing at first but if you're really confused, PM me or something...
"It would be like trying to trade a hairpin for Excalibur."

- Artemis Fowl II, The Time Paradox

I just really liked this line because of my shipping preference since it shows how much Artemis values Holly...

My First Short Story on Inklings!

Artemis Fowl: The Quantum Key
Roleplay
Characters Needed

ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:42 am

All in all, i think the Opal's should be working together, but they should bicker a lot. About how pretty they are, and all.

With No. 1 Axartsme you will have to have a thesaurus handy with you when it is a stresful situation, because like in TLC he likes to hear a word and find other words that mean the same thing. That is what you will have to do.

I will track down someone for Qwan. It will probably be a couple of days before i get a reply and they write up a character sheet posted. We don't know much about Qwan apart from little snppets we have read. I have someone in mind so i can send it after i have lunch.

Hope this is help full. I will get some people to help out as LEP officers. And i will get someone for Trouble. I know a guy who likes to play as him, so he should jump at the idea.

bohemianneko
Dwarf

Postby bohemianneko » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:05 am

I agree, but Mrs Opal Fowl and her counterpart will have to work that out, I think.

Also, it's POSSIBLE to do the plot without Qwan if No1 wants the responsibility. Since Qwan's MAJOR purpose in this story is to explain the Key, then as I said No1 could do it from notes he finds if and when Qwan "went missing" or something like that. Alternatively, since I'll have to explain all the very basic introduction details to whoever plays Qwan, I CAN play Qwan if no one else wants to and we have the other people we need to start it soon.

I just really liked this line because of my shipping preference since it shows how much Artemis values Holly...

Roleplay
Characters Needed

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:08 am

The only thing i have found is that people that see it don't like the restrictions of characters. Like hollyshort_reconjock, didn't want to do it because we have to use characters from the book meaning that there has to be atitude like the characters.

bohemianneko
Dwarf

Postby bohemianneko » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:48 am

Well, even though I had certain characters that I definitely wanted, apart from Holly and Artemis and the Opals, I really don't mind if some of that cast list is changed. If that was her only objection and she had no direct objection to interacting with some characters from the book as an OC, then as long as I find a way to get the plot to have some momentum, then I'm okay with that, and I can shift "book characters" from being main parts to secondary parts that I can write myself if they're actually necessary if someone has an idea for a character that they would like to be instead that fits with the plot moving along. Because I WAS hoping for the introduction of some new characters, and I suppose I didn't make that clear??

lol.. I feel like some mean dictator now.

Roleplay
Characters Needed

Mrs Opal Fowl
Elf
Real First Name: Erika

Postby Mrs Opal Fowl » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:16 am

Maybe we should get Xephia back into playing the present Opal, so the two of us can talk about it. I was thinking that the present Opal will get fed up with her past self, and so she turns to Artemis and Holly to help her get her younger self back to the past. Artemis and Holly agree to this since it will help them solve the younger-Opal problem, and Opal offers to help them so that she could ensure her safety in the present. But Opal's not turning good. In the end, after they kicked the younger Opal's butt back into the time-stream, the present-Opal deceives Artemis and Holly, escaping.

But then I read Griffar's plan on letting the two Opals bickering on about their beauty, and I was, like, "GENIUS!" :shiny: Besides, my plot for the two Opals would leave a huge cliffhanger.

bohemianneko
Dwarf

Postby bohemianneko » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:37 am

I think Xephia's reasons for choosing not to continue were kind of personal, so I'm not sure if she would be able to, but I suppose I can ask her if we don't hear from anyone by the time we get a couple more people.

And yes, Griffar is surprisingly imaginative for someone posessing a Y chromosome... </mild sexism>

Roleplay
Characters Needed

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:03 am

No, Xephia couldn't participate because she has school work, and she can't do this at the same time.

Mrs Opal Fowl
Elf

Postby Mrs Opal Fowl » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:20 am

Personal? Even if not, I hope she's alright.
And Griffar is a boy? Maybe Bohemianneko's a girl... Well, I am.

So maybe we should get someone else to play Opal from the present.

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:44 am

What are you getting at Mrs Opal Fowl? :) Nah it's ok. I'm looking for someone to play the Present Opal. So it shouldn't be to long.

bohemianneko
Dwarf

Postby bohemianneko » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:44 pm

A boy calling himself a bohemian cat and having a purple cursive-y avatar with his screenname would be... odd.

I am a girl. Griffar is a boy. Mrs Opal Fowl is very obviously a girl...

Roleplay
Characters Needed

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:14 am

Well, I think it was the "Mrs" bit

Mrs Opal Fowl
Elf

Postby Mrs Opal Fowl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 am

Sorry, everyone! :blush: I couldn't tell who was a boy or a girl. :blush:

Felix
Gremlin

Postby Felix » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:46 am

I Am RIDICULOUSLY new to this forum but I would like to be a part of this!
My idea for a character:
Name:Icee
Age, origin, friends, foes, and purity:unknown.
Icee is a fairy that woke up and mysteriously posessed the knowledge of a supercomputer. Upon later inspection, he discovered a strange, cubic implant in the back of his skull. His entire life story eludes him, but he knows of one person-Artemis Fowl, who he recognizes as a father figure and idol.
I think it is a great Idea for a character! He would have all the abilities of the c-cube and his own personality.
He doesn't know his name at the beginning, but Artemis eventuay names him "icee" because he "sees everything" like the c-cube.
~The original WallMaster~
Walls are no obstacle to me!
I could be inside your walls right now...
I even get discounts at Wal-Mart!

Return to “OOC Threads”