Repeating History OOC

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds
Location: If I told you, it would most likely break your sense of reality.

Repeating History OOC

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Wed May 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Plot:
After the Berserkers, Artemis Fowl's adventurous streak came to an end. However, The Last Guardian was not the last significant event for the people. Not even close.

Although the human public at large disregarded the reports of strange tiny people that came after the Koboi's Paradox, a small society of people, mainly ones that saw them firsthand, kept believing even after society considered them impossible. Over the next 100 years, they became a sort of society, trying to convince the rest of the world. They were in no way secret, and The People were well aware of their existence. However, since this society was considered insane by the majority of humanity, it would be much more suspicious if they were mysteriously silenced.

This society actually has quite an accurate knowledge of fairies, including knowledge of Haven, Atlantis, the ritual, and some of the history of The People. One thing that they know is the old story of Artemis Fowl II, and how he kidnapped a fairy and ransomed her for a ridiculous amount of gold. 100 years to the day of the events of The Last Guardian, a small group of defectors from the society, led by a genius, decided to use all of their knowledge about fairies to try and do the same, and become rich beyond their wildest dreams.

However, since the days of the very first Artemis Fowl novel, a lot has changed. Will they succeed at repeating history?

Base Characters Needed:
A lead kidnapper - If you choose, come up with the name of the human society.
2 other kidnappers - preferably not by the same person.
A kidnappee - Self explanatory, collaborate with the kidnapper on how this abduction happens in OOC if necessary.
LEP/Other fairies- become important to the plot for one reason or another. Three or four would be preferable, perhaps.
If you come in after all these characters have already been chosen, you can become whoever you'd like.

Rules:
-This will go by a two character rule. two or less per person, and no more unless there is a vacancy unable to be filled.
-God-moding is intolerable. Please try not to do so, to the best of your ability. If you are to punch someone, say that you swing your fist at them, or something like that. It is possible to dodge.
-"History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme." Just because some of these characters have a role like the first novel, do not make them exact. Do not make the kidnapper have the exact personality of Artemis, for example
-Try to keep the thread going at a decent pace. If you feel you won't be able to post on it for say, a week, find a compromise so the thread can continue. (For example, loan your characters to other people.)

I won't choose my own characters until at least one other person does

Characters thus far

Roman (Fate)-Sociopathic kidnapper, obsessed with restoring his families name. He is in a constant charade around others, and appears charming and pleasant
Myrna (Merv)-One of the toughest and most eccentric kidnappers. Participating purely out of peer pressure and desire for acceptance.
Lunar (tornado)-The kidnappee. A highly intelligent and solitary archeologist studying the past link between the People and the Mud-Men
Astrid (Fading)- a rather ditzy journalist for the People. A fangirl at heart. Looking for the one story that propels her into fame and leaves her remembered for years to come.
Reece (Fading)- A curious boy, wanting to know as much as possible. Participating in the kidnapping plan in order to study the fairy that would be kidnapped.
Last edited by Fatebringer the 2nd on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Right now's avatar-Clownpiece

(Clownpiece will make America great again, by the way.)

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Re: Repeating History OOC

Postby Merv Simestra » Thu May 14, 2015 1:09 am

Can I be a female LEP officer? Maybe the first female LEP Commander in history? If someone else wants that character, I can be a fellow kidnapper who happens to be super strange and spontaneous. I just need to create my character sheet.
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Thu May 14, 2015 12:27 pm

Well, you did post first, you have first dibs on whoever you'd like. Fire away. Just remember to use the 2015 character sheet format, I quite like it.

tornadocondoc
Cosplays Too Much
Real First Name: Michi

Postby tornadocondoc » Thu May 14, 2015 5:00 pm

I'd be glad to play the kidnapee and any other characters that might be required later on?

Maybe even a cameo as one of Foaly's kids?
LOOK I MADE A SIGNATURE GO ME

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 pm

Fatebringer the 2nd wrote:Well, you did post first, you have first dibs on whoever you'd like. Fire away. Just remember to use the 2015 character sheet format, I quite like it.

I want to do a rather spontaneous character, so I think I'll just go for fellow kidnapper who's a little crazy. Also, where would I find the 2015 character sheet?

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Fri May 15, 2015 12:01 am

woops, posted twice. Pay attention to only the following post
Last edited by Fatebringer the 2nd on Fri May 15, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Fri May 15, 2015 12:02 am

Merv Simestra wrote:I want to do a rather spontaneous character, so I think I'll just go for fellow kidnapper who's a little crazy. Also, where would I find the 2015 character sheet?

Tornadocondoc wrote it. It's pinned to the main part of the rp forum.

tornadocondoc wrote:I'd be glad to play the kidnapee and any other characters that might be required later on?

Maybe even a cameo as one of Foaly's kids?

Glad you could make it! Go for it. Make characters as interesting as possible.

As for me, now that a few have gotten their chance to choose, I would like to play the genius lead kidnapper and an LEP officer. I will create sheets for them on Friday or Saturday, perhaps.

Troublelover16
Commander
Real First Name: Faith
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Troublelover16

Postby Troublelover16 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:22 pm

I am not sure how often I can post....mainly because a) I often forget to come by here because I get so busy, but I suppose if that happens, then you can just send me a pm and I should get an email, and b) my main source of internet access for the summer is my phone, so its difficult at times, but if the rp gets moving good I should keep up and remember fairly well. :)

That said....I would be interested in playing a kidnapper and LEP officer as needed. Maybe just one for now. I will need to fill out a character sheet...I'll try to do it as soon as I can. Maybe I can get some wifi and get on my computer, it will be easier to type that out I think. I'm thinking I am going to convert two of my existing OCs to fit this universe.

Wow words... sorry about that lol

Troublelover's Song of the Moment: ~Sad Song-We The Kings~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZsXcc_tC-o&index=174

Spoiler:

You and I,
We're like fireworks
And symphonies exploding in the sky
With you, I'm alive
Like all the missing pieces of my heart,
They finally collide

So stop time right here in the moonlight
'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

Without you, I feel broke
Like I'm half of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold
Without you, I feel torn
Like a sail in a storm
Without you, I'm just a sad song

I'm just a sad song

2013 EA Winner of: The Friendly One, Best Taste in Avatars and Signatures,
Biggest AF Fanboy/Girl, Most Valued Non-Staff Contributor, Most Changed

2014/15 EA Winner of: Biggest Non-AF Fanboy/Girl

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Mon May 18, 2015 4:48 pm

That's all fine with me.

Now I need to PM AF or something, and attract Keara's attention, as they said they were interested, then I can start my character sheets. I might also need to cut loose my own LEP officer to avoid overcrowding

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Name: Roman Spiro
Species: Human
Orientation: Heterosexual
Birthplace: Chicago, IL
Appearance: Like his father and grandfather before him, and his great grandfather before that, Roman is wire-thin and nearly anorexic. His dark black hair is cut short at all times. He has inherited his eyes from his father’s side of the family, making them small and incredibly dark. He doesn’t have the money to dress to impress, so he wears casual clothing, often solid-color t-shirts, and solid black pants. Roman is incredibly pale.

Roman has near no muscle mass to speak of, and therefore guards constantly surround him, men that tower over him and look far more intimidating then himself. The only time he enters a room alone while on business is when the person he is going to see is completely powerless, or at his beck and call.
Positive Traits: Roman is cunning, a master manipulator, and has an IQ around that of Stephen Hawking. He’s very technologically proficient, and is excellent at thinking several steps ahead of everyone else.
Negative Traits: Roman is physically weak, possibly weaker than Artemis was. Overconfidence is a major problem; he’s one of those villains that do monologues in front of their defeated enemy. Roman has a temper and can snap at any moment when offended, often to his own detriment.
Personality: Roman values fortune and fame, not due to vanity, but in an attempt to restore his family honor lost by his great-grandfather a century ago. He’s intensely determined to do so. Roman is ruthless and willing to do anything in order to achieve this goal. It warps his thoughts and gives him a sort of tunnel vision.

In his days working for the mafia, Roman discovered his sociopathic tendencies. (He, however, refuses to admit mental instability.) He loved to ruin the lives of others, and to make them break down. He also loved to have absolute power over another, to hold a trigger and decide whether someone lives or dies. This made the work that he did for the mafia (orchestrating ransoms, heists, and assassinations) his dream job, and the more he was in that lifestyle, the colder and more vicious he became. Of course, he hides this aspect of himself from the people around him, and puts on an actually rather charming and reserved façade, which has made him a great deal of powerful friends throughout his life.

Roman has a sarcastic, black sense of humor. He hates being made fun of himself, though, and will snap if someone does make fun of him. If someone were to insult his family line, which he is very insecure about, then God help them.
History: When Koboi’s paradox occurred, it resulted in mass prison breaks throughout the world due to severe damage to prisons. One prisoner that escaped was Jon Spiro, who went into hiding almost immediately. Now with not even a cent to his name, and with the Antonellis abandoning him, Jon lived a much more modest life, forcing away all memories of who he previously was, and making a family for himself. He had one child, who he constantly told about his experience with Artemis Fowl II, both terrifying and mystifying the boy. However, poverty was hard on Jon, so he resorted to alcohol, making him even poorer, and making him violent, almost as bad as he was before the paradox. Therefore, when the boy grew up and told the same story to his child, it was about crazy grandpa Jon, and as the years passed, Jon became more and more demonized to his future generations until every single problem the Spiro family had was blamed on Jon’s actions or his genes. The problem only became worse once the family figured out that Jon was a successful career criminal in his past life. Of course, not because his past life was wrong, but because he had so much and screwed it all up.

Thus, Roman grew up in the shadow of a monster, and his own father wasn’t the best either, being a lazy deadbeat who couldn’t hold on to a job. Roman hated his life, and ran away at 15, convincing himself that he would purge himself of the bad parts of his family tree, and restore the Spiro family to it’s former glory, before his great-grandfather became insane and obsessed with Artemis Fowl. (As he was always told) After 2 years on the street he ran into a member of the Antonellis, the same mafia that Jon had connections to. His high intellect made him an excellent asset to the mafia, and he was quickly given many jobs to do.

Roman first came into contact with the “Higher Elements,” the group trying to reveal the existence of the people, when out of curiosity, he researched Artemis Fowl II, the man who ruined his great-grandfather’s life. He found a story told by a member of the Higher Elements which stated that an important part of fairy history is the kidnapping of an elf by the name of “Holly Short” by a young Artemis. Intrigued, but thinking that it was all nonsense, Roman looked deeper into fairies, and eventually became convinced as to what the people of the Higher Elements were trying to say. He was certain that The People were real, and in hiding.

He met an elite member of the Higher Elements face to face, and gained his own membership. He then learned as much as possible about the People, memorizing every tiny little fact that the people of the Higher Elements had to tell him. He then came up with a brilliant idea, something that could restore the name of Spiro to it’s former glory. If Fowl could do it, why couldn't he?

Fears: Obscurity, loss of control or power.
Dreams: Immortalization in history would be nice.
Favorite Quote: “Vision without guts is fantasy.”

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Mon May 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Name: Myrna Siofra O'Reilly
Species: Human/unknown(?)
Orientation: Heterosexual
Birthplace: Dublin, Ireland
Appearance: Myrna is on the short side at 5' 3". Her hair is a curious blend of brunette, blonde, and auburn, though most suspect she dyes it. Her crystal clear eyes are almost white with hints of green and blue, but most suspect they're contacts. She often wears black and bold colors with bedazzled designs. She's not the biggest member, but she's certainly one of the toughest. She once took on one of Roman's bodyguards and won over a comment about her heritage.
Positive Traits: Bubbly, Friendly most of the time, Strong, and Funny
Negative Traits: Over-the-top, Dangerous, and Creepy
Personality: Myrna can be described in one word: Spontaneous. She's always been the class-clown, the crazy one, the one who will randomly creep anyone and everyone out for a laugh. For this reason, she isn't the most trustworthy person in the society, but if she needs to get down and dirty, she's ready to. Serious isn't her favorite trait, but she can be very grave and solemn when she needs to be.

Most often Myrna's seen hiding in dark places, ready to pop out at others. Though she steers clear of Roman for obvious reasons, she can't help but feel pity for the other hardened members of the society. She never grew up in a harsh environment, so she feels
History: Myrna's family has been involved in the society since it began. Her great-grandparents saw one of the strange fairy creatures on their honeymoon 100 years ago. Now, the fourth generation in the society, Myrna faces incredible pressure to help her fellow kidnappers and leader to pull off the greatest crime of the century (or at least, since the last one): to kidnap a fairy.

It's more difficult than she expected when there's rumors stirring that her grandfather had her mother with a fairy. The other members often question her motives and whether she's spying on them because of her supposed heritage. Myrna blocks out a lot of these questions, and simply desires to be accepted by the society. To do so, she joined the kidnapping group to prove her loyalty. However, she's faced even greater pressure since doing so, with some wondering if she's doing so to sabotage the plot.
Fears: For someone who makes jokes and mistakes all the time, she fears failure. She also fears losing her own sanity, despite her unusual actions. Her last fear is one of boredom. She loves adventure, and fears being stuck somewhere she can never go explore. But above all, she fears being rejected and losing her place in the society. The only place she has an identity.
Dreams: Following her predecessor's goal of kidnapping and ransoming a fairy (and hey, why not have an adventure?)
Favorite Quote: "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Or more insane. All depends."

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

tornadocondoc
Cosplays Too Much

Postby tornadocondoc » Wed May 20, 2015 1:43 am

Gonna be workin on this here and there. XD I'll get it done before the weekend I hope.

Name: Lunar 'Mani' Willow
Species: Elf
Orientation: Demisexual
Birthplace: Atlantis Hospital
Position: Archaeologist and Historical Advisor for the Fern D. Gump Historical Museum
Appearance: Rather pale for an elf, he was born with a shock of white hair on his head, which he tends to keep parted to the left in a curled plait. He stands at just under four feet in height-- typical for an elf. Like most of his kind he has soft feminine features, a sharp jaw, and pointed ears. His frame is slender and lithe, with little muscle mass.
Abilities: Lunar tends to rely on his various inventions opposed to his natural magic. He has very little and tires whenever he uses it. Still, he does partake in the Ritual once in a blue moon to keep his reserves full.
Positive Traits: Intelligent, creative, determined, inventive and ingenuitive.
Negative Traits: Cold, distant, stubborn and solitary.
Personality: Lunar tends to come off a bit abrasive to others as he lives and works alone as an archeologist and anthropologist, studying events of the past and seeking the point in time that split humans and the People. If it doesn't concern his work he pays little mind to it [including his own safety]. He tends to develop tunnel vision when he's on the brink of a new discovery and hardly lets anything get in his way.

While he is intelligent he seems to harbor a slight superiority complex, valuing himself above others due to his intellect and experience. Events in his childhood caused him to develop trust issues with others, so he is very skeptical about those he meets.
History: Lunar was orphaned shortly after birth, an event he is not particularly keen on discussing. Left in the care of a family friend he was raised by a scientist who paid him very little mind as a child. The only time he would get attention from his Guardian was when he had made some small breakthrough of his own, such as inventing his first radio, his first laser array, and communication port.

His Guardian was an elf named Fern. Fern was quite the noted archaeologist, discovering tools used by ancient fairies and mud men alike, and bringing them back home to be displayed in museums. Rumor had it that he even received donations from the Fowl family, one of the few mud-person allies to the People.

Lunar grew to love science, seeking the praise of his Guardian and his peers with each discovery he made. He decided to go into the field of archeology in an effort to learn more about the past efforts of the People-- to keep history from repeating itself. While his Guardian passed on shortly after he turned eighty, Lunar opted to continue his legacy and discover exactly when and why the Mud People broke away from a peaceful co-existence with the People.
Fears: Storms, small spaces, darkness.
Dreams: To become the greatest archeologist in the history of the People.
Favorite Quote: "Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."
Last edited by tornadocondoc on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Wed May 20, 2015 12:56 pm

Ok, I'll be adding characters created thus far to the parent post of this thread.

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan
Real First Name: Lucy

Postby AF Lover » Thu May 21, 2015 11:58 pm

I don't completely understand how to do RPG, so I'll wait a bit and see if I can comprehend it at some point. But I'm definitely interested!

tornadocondoc
Cosplays Too Much

Postby tornadocondoc » Thu May 28, 2015 12:04 am

Sorry I've not had a chance to finish the sheet-- my aunt passed so I've been handling stuff with that but I should be able to get something finished by this weekend.

@o@

Return to “OOC Threads”