Repeating History OOC

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Re: Repeating History OOC

Postby Merv Simestra » Thu May 28, 2015 12:18 am

I'm so sorry to hear that, tornadocondoc. :( I hope you and your family are doing okay.
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds
Location: If I told you, it would most likely break your sense of reality.

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Thu May 28, 2015 3:56 pm

tornadocondoc wrote:Sorry I've not had a chance to finish the sheet-- my aunt passed so I've been handling stuff with that but I should be able to get something finished by this weekend.

@o@

oh, no. My grandfather passed recently, I know how you feel. Take all the time you need.
Right now's avatar-Clownpiece

(Clownpiece will make America great again, by the way.)

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:06 pm

I never really know what to say when bad things happen to other people except "Oh" or "I'm sorry".

On the roleplay: I might only be able to come on here once or twice a week, generally twice. Is that okay?
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:09 pm

Sure. I don't expect daily posts anyway. Just try to be around as much as possible.

I'm assuming that everyone else is waiting for tornado to create the kidnappee to create their character profiles? It's been a while since tornado's even been on. I hope she didn't disappear forever. I'll give her some time.

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:30 am

Could I possibly play a slightly ditzy journalist trying to do a story about the kidnapping?
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:30 am

That'd be fun! I really like the idea if you could pull it off!

tornadocondoc
Cosplays Too Much
Real First Name: Michi

Postby tornadocondoc » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:38 am

I HAVE COMPLETED THE SHEET HUZZAH
LOOK I MADE A SIGNATURE GO ME

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:27 am

Huzzah!

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Your character looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get this started. :)

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:24 pm

Here's the (long) character sheet for my journalist. I'm really sorry. Hopefully it's okay.

I chose the name "Astrid" for its similarity to "aster", but as it turns out "Astrid" is of Scandinavian or Danish origin and has nothing to do with flowers.

Name: Astrid Mirfield, which Astrid thinks is disappointingly ordinary.
Species: Sprite
Orientation: Heterosexual
Birthplace: Haven City Hospital
Appearance: She has the green skin typical to sprites, as well as bobbed light brown hair and blue eyes. She's been dying her hair red lately, since she thought it looked "daring", but is beginning to think that the colour looks bad with her skin. Her general body shape is short and sturdy. She has a smile on her face most of the time.
She's actually self-conscious about her appearance to the point of being self-conscious about looking self-conscious, so she dresses casually. That's another reason she hasn't quit dyeing her hair red—she's afraid people will ask why she dyed it in the first place. Sometimes she dresses up as her favourite characters (she's obsessed with stories), though, and if you ask who she's pretending to be she'll give you the full, passionate description, even if she gets a sore throat from all the people asking.
Positive Traits: Perpetually cheerful, good-natured, intuitive, quite driven when it comes to things she's interested in, and a good storyteller. She's also naturally curious, which can be good or bad depending on whether you're currently being questioned.
Negative Traits: Absent-minded, bad at keeping secrets, nosy, and persistent. Anywhere she resides becomes a cluttered mess within the space of a week, although somehow she still manages to find everything. She's not very graceful, but prefers the term "endearingly clumsy" to "klutz". She drifts through life without thinking much about things that don't interest her.
Personality: She loves stories. True, fictional, ebooks, movies, poetry, by humans and by fairies, from living people and People and those who dies ages ago—whatever it is, she wants to hear it, or watch it, or read it. She thinks of life as a big story, and is always looking for symbolism or foreshadowing or that happy ending. (She knows that not all stories have happy endings, but she wishes they did).
She's bubbly and bright, but only has a few close friends despite being friendly with many people. This is mainly because having a friend who constantly drifts off into Cloudcuckooland gets old after a while. She isn't likely to forget interesting facts (although say good-bye to the boring ones).
For a dreamer, the way she does things is quite practical—although her goals are not. She'll plan out an entire research process for the sake of a single obscure fact from an equally obscure legend. She's ditzy and loves laughs, but is also a surprisingly deep thinker in her quieter moments.
Once she gets interested in something, there are few things that can stop her from investigating.
Astrid would be considered genre-savvy were she in a traditional story, but unfortunately she's not. She listens to the old and those declared crazy, doesn't trust the government or big companies, and would never live in any place said to be haunted without an ample supply of flashlights and flashlight batteries. None of this had done her any good yet.
History: Her birth and upbringing were fairly normal, but her parents were responsible for her love of stories. Her father was an author, the dreamer of the family, and was responsible for her idealistic riding-off-into-the-sunset side, which is what you will generally see. Her mother made movies. She taught Astrid about the mechanics of a good story, and was responsible for Astrid's (far rarer) practical side. Surprisingly, her pragmatic mother made romance movies and comedies, while her dreamer father was renowned for his horror, dystopias, and dark mysteries.
After reading multiple books where the parents are missing/useless/dead, Astrid makes sure to call her own parents every day. Because she loves them, and just in case.
Astrid has occupied multiple jobs in her life, including gardener, clerk, and waitress, after she learned that good grades did not necessarily guarantee an interesting job. She got a lucky break when she was hired as a journalist. Astrid likes being a journalist and hopes she keeps this job. She enjoys the whole process of turning a series of events into a captivating (or so she hopes) story, and makes sure to hand in her assignments on time.
She has always nurtured several pet projects alongside her jobs. A few years ago, she attempted to write a novelization of the infamous Artemis Fowl incident for fun. She soon realized that there were several gaps in the official reports, and even Dr. Jerbal Argon's books. It was as if someone was trying to hide things. Since then, she's been hunting for those missing details, but has not had any luck. She did not consider the fact that the details may have been taken out for the sake of privacy.
She writes when she gets bored. She makes videos too. Sometimes she tries drawing. None of her creations have ever been revealed to the wider world, since she has a rather low opinion of her work and a tendency to overanalyze.
She began probing the LEP for information soon after a fairy was reported missing—and pointedly questioned them on the similarity to the Artemis Fowl incident—but made a point of not believing everything they said. The police are always part of the cover-up.
Fears: Bad things happening to her family, losing her job, dark alleyways (although she hasn't seen many) and clowns (although she hasn't met any), bumps in the night, high balconies, and durians (which are illegal in Haven anyways).
Dreams: To create a story herself, one that will be received by whistles and applause and be remembered for a century, to find the complete story of Artemis Fowl, to get some sort of recognition for being good at her job (although she'll never admit it), and to meet her heroes in writing, filming, and all those other forms of media, although she knows it's impossible, since so many of them are dead and gone.
Favorite Quote: "All the world's a stage." Even humans have their wise moments.
Last edited by FadingLight on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:07 am

It's shorter than mine, so you're alright.

I Updated the character list, we need at least four more. I'm gonna pm AF and Trubs tomorrow, and if they aren't interested, we can all just double up on characters.

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:59 pm

So what did they say? Do we need to make more characters?

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan
Real First Name: Lucy

Postby AF Lover » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:07 pm

I'm out.

Sorry guys, but for the next few weeks I'm in a play (Wizard of Oz) and then I go to summer school. I've been really tired everyday and have had a large drop in my forum activity. I don't like AF as much as I used to and have moved on to other things. I'll might come on every once in a while, though.

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Ah, with Trubs just disapeared and AF out, the answer is yes. We must each double up and make two characters.

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:39 pm

I'll see if I can create another smaller character. I discovered that having a job and working an internship does not give me a lot of time to get on the Internet like at school. So we'll see how active my characters are.

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

Return to “OOC Threads”