Once Upon A Fairy Tale--Bkkprgirl's RP

Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter
Once Upon A Fairy Tale--Bkkprgirl's RP

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 pm

"There is a place inside all of us," A smile stumbled nervously across Jacob Grimm's features, halfhearted and fearful. "It exists inside our minds and hearts, and beneath the pages of a book. It is the place where all ideas and stories start, where the people we know of from words have life and breath and live to forge lives of their own." He paused. "I've been there. I'm not crazy, you know--the Land of Literature exists. If you read the story, from beginning to end, you can save it."

At the time, Celia had no idea how correct Jacob was, and how his words pertained to her. She would eventually find herself there, by means of an ancient book forgotten to the world--the book that her father Jacob had left her in his will. She had read the first page of the book, and fallen asleep--and when she awoke, she found herself in the Land of Stories, a vast cathedral of a forest stretching high above her.

Her name was Celia Grimm, and she was trying to save the land of Literature--the place where every story takes life, every tale ever written down or read aloud or borne aloft on a thought. It's a place where Fairy Tales mingle with Murder Mysteries and Science Fiction tales coexist with historical epics. And was in danger.

It was being devoured by something terrible--those who'd seen it called it the Silence, for its absence of words, and it's secret agents were the Dark Hearts, turning everything in their path to great expanses of blackness where no Tale could possibly survive. The Silence came from people who no longer cared about telling Stories, people who no longer believed that the right words can change the world.

The Silence had attacked Celia shortly after she arrived--Unbinding the Ancient Book and scattering its pages across the vastness of Literature. Celia had to get them back--because only by reading the Book aloud could the Silence be stopped.

But there was hope. Literature learned to fight back--a small group of Tale Characters, brave to the very end, and ranging from Classical Literature to mere whisps of thought began the hunt for the Missing Pages, and thus waged a battle with the Silence that would change the hearts and Tales of human minds forever.

It all started when they found the First Page. They had been running from the Dark Hearts for a long time--chased to the point of no return, cornered in the middle of the Wandering Wood. One of the Dark Hearts held something important--a piece of paper that could validate the entire chase, had the Tale Characters any way of getting it.

Picture the scene. You've been running for days. You're cornered by the people you hate--they are closing in on you. But because one of them has the Page that could save everything you've worked for. You can't give up.

It's time to fight back.

Name: Celia Elizabeth Grimm
Race: Human, of the Physical World
Objects: Bow and arrow, sword, what's left of the Book
Background: Celia was able to gain access to Literature because she was Jacob Grimm's inspiration for Little Red Riding Hood, and once she found the Lost Book it activated the Character inside her.
Description: Sixteen years old, blonde hair and round glasses, very petite for her age. Usually wears a red jacket, likes writing and reading. Father is Jacob Grimm of the Brothers Grimm.

Need:

A group of seven to ten Characters from the Land of Literature, they can be either from already existing literature (if so, please specify) or made up, or a combination of the two. For instance, someone could play as Artemis, or Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride, or Ender from Ender's Game... You get the picture. The point is not to be the most 'powerful' character, but one that means something to you and you feel like you have a good grasp on. You could also play as someone completely made up, or you could play as an 'unwritten' character from an existing novel--like an unnamed Sprite from AF or something.

Basically, you can go all out here--whoever you've fantasized RPing about, if you have a favorite character from a book or someone that you made up--this is your chance to be that person.

Also we need some bad guys-- a couple of Dark Hearts. Dark Hearts are villains from Literature who have been corrupted by the Silence to turn against all the stories.They typically dress in black. One of them has the page of the Book that the Tale Characters need--so this person will be a must.

....That's all, folks!
Last edited by BkkprGirl on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina

Re: Once Upon A Fairy Tale--Bkkprgirl's RP

Postby Kitsy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:42 pm

(Bump, to put it with the others.)
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name:bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 pm

When are you going to start it up?

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 pm

OOC: Right now, actually! I've just been super-busy these past couple days... Sorry everyone!!

There was one thought that made itself clear to Celia's exhausted mind: fight back.

A thick mist wreathed the forest floor, and in the gloom she could only just make out the handful of silhouettes that meant her friends were near. Her breath came in short, fatigued bursts, and she knew at once that none of the others were faring any better. A prickle of anger ignited inside her. I can't just let them down--it's my fault that the Book was torn apart, my fault that that no one is safe... Tense, she flicked her eyes toward the surrounding trees, and suddenly tasted the sour tang of fear at the back of her throat.

The Dark Hearts had arrived. They were surrounded. Celia knew they were there by the way the shadows darkened and swam like pools of ink between the trees, and the way the sudden noisless atmosphere seemed so silent that it hurt to listen to.

You're from the real world, she thought. They look up to you. So do something! Celia drew an arrow from her quiver and notched it into the bow, aiming it towards the darkness. She felt the vibration of the string in her hand, and tried to steady herself. The sound of steel being unsheathed rang throughout the mist as her companions followed suit.

Celia tightened her grip on the bow, and prepared herself for a fight.
~The Unwritten

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name:bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:58 pm

Name: Maximum "Max" Ride
History: Max is one of six avian-human hybrids created by genetic engineering. She was raised in a research lab called the "School" until she was ten, when she was "kidnapped" by Jeb Batchelder, a worker at the School. She and each of the five other "bird kids" lived with Jeb in hiding in the Colorado Mountains. For two years Jeb looked after them. He taught them how to read and write, how to cook, and most importantly how to fight. In essence, he taught them how to survive. Then one day he disappeared. For the next two years, Max and the rest of the Flock, as they called themselves, remained in hiding. Until one day the Erasers appeared. Erasers were the only other human-animal hybrids to survive past infancy. Part human, part wolf, all predator. They were made to kill. Their prey? The Flock. Now, the youngest member of the Flock has been captured. Max, being the oldest, is their leader and it is up to her to rescue their companion. But now the land of Literature is in danger and falling apart. Max and the rest of her group are separated and she must fight along side Celia Grim, if she is ever to live and being reunited with her friends.
Appearance: Max stands at 5 feet and 8 inches. She is very skinning, weighing just under a hundred pounds. Her hair is blonde and her eyes are brown. She traditionally wears tee shirts and jeans. On her back, she has a pair of wings, 13 feet long in wing span.
Personality: Max is very stubborn and usually ends up getting her own way. As the leader and oldest, she is very protective of the rest of the Flock. She is a loyal friend and companion. She rarely shows her true feelings to anyone. Like the rest of the Flock, she is eager to know about her parents, but she will not speak of it to anyone. She usually confides only in Fang, her best friend and fellow Flock member.

Maximum Ride gripped the sword that hung at her side. She was not used to fighting with a sword, but unfortunately, it was necessary these days. As the sound of other swords being drawn, Max tensed ready to fight.

She hated this. Being surrounded by mist and several Dark Hearts. Worse, she was alone. Well, not entirely alone. Celia and the others were with her, but the rest of the Flock was gone. She had been with them every day of her life, and suddenly they were not there anymore. All because of the stupid Silence!

Max knew full well that unless the Silence was defeated, she would never she her friends again. That's why she was here, fighting along side several other characters of Literature.

Characters of Literature. How Max had laughed when she was first told that she was a character from a book. It had taken time, but Celia had finally been able to convince her of the truth. A character from a story. That's all I am. Nothing more. Not real flesh and blood, just some stupid author's fictional creation. That thought made her wince. If I ever met whoever wrote me into existence, he'll regret it. I'll punish him for the crappy life he's given me!

A short way away, Max heard Celia tightened her grip on her bow. This is it. I may not live to see another day. A small smile lit her face as a thought came to her. But that's because I'm on the ground. Without a word of warning, Max unfurled her wings, took a running leap forward, and threw herself into the foggy sky. Now, let's see how much damage I can cause from the air.

OOC: How's that?

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:28 pm

OOC: Awesome! Really good character choice, too-- Remember, you don't have to be a character from a currently popular book either--anything works. But Max was a great idea.

Celia heard the soft rush as Max took off somewhere in the mist, and allowed herself a small smile. They had the aireal advantage.

But her relief was cut short when without warning, Celia felt twin thumps as two arrows flew through the air and buried themselves in the ground at her feet. Her heart raced, but she peered through the mist, took aim, and let her own missile fly with a crisp twang. The first shot, she thought. Here we go. She beat back her fear, letting a grimace of determination harden her features.

Then the Dark Hearts charged, hooded figures swarming in towards the little band of Characters from every angle. Celia's eyes widened at the number of them--too many, she thought. There are too many! Still, she quickly stowed her bow and drew her own sword, ready for close quarters.

One of the black-cloaked figures broke off from the rest, and only a glint in the gloom gave her the warning to block the blow from the blade he was carrying. She heard the grinding clang, and felt the vibration of the two locked swords weaken her grip.

She pulled back and quickly stepped away from the figure in front of her--he's too strong! Doesn't matter how quick I am--I can't keep blocking him for very long.

Suddenly, Celia's fear felt very real and very close. Her face was still a mask of firey determination--but underneath, Celia felt her spirit quail.
~The Unwritten

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:21 am

Name: Lea Yvonne Koboi
History: Opal Koboi's Great-Aunt. Was accidentally transported to Hybras by Abbot when he returned and sequently spend the next few years hiding and cowering in shadows. When finally returned to the normal world she discovered that she had family. She was still yet to see them when she met Max and the others. She realised that unless their enemies were defeated she and her family would die. As a person who had almost no purpose in life before discovering she had a family she was ready to die for them.
Appearance: Lea is a pixie with ghostly white skin from the years spent in Hybras. Despite her delicate appearance she is experienced with fighting if necessary and is above black belt level in martial arts. She has long strong fingers and a doll-like face.
Personality: Lea has a fiery temper and is suspicious of newcomers though fiercely loyal and a good friend.

Lea stood tall with her back to Celia and her sword held high as she faced the Dark Heart warriors. They crept in shadows and moved with an eerie silence. Despite the danger, Lea wished they would just attack. The worst part of battle was the waiting and the stillness. Then suddenly, they charged.

Delicately flicking and thrusting, Lea sliced at her opponents. They moved swiftly and without warning and their sword thrusts were powerful and crushing. The crowd seemed endless and her movements were having seemingly no effect. Meanwhile every thrust and block was weakening Lea further. Suddenly a tall Dark Heart loomed beside her. Startled, she just managed to block it but was thrust off balance. Taking advantage of her momentary weakness another warrior loomed before her. He raised his curved sword for a deadly overhead thrust and Lea knew she was done for. It was too late to block or move.
And for the first time, Lea felt a cold wrench at her heart. A tang of pure terror...
Last edited by Mere Reflection on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Celia saw Lea's jeopardy, and with a burst of strength she barely knew she had, loosed five arrows into the Dark Heart's face, each one making a sickening clunk as it contacted. "Max, they don't have hearts! Aim for their heads!" The cloaked figure keeled backward, the hood pulling back from his face. Celia always caught a surprised breath when she saw one of their faces. It was a pirate, monstrously huge, with a well-trimmed black goatee that had a slightly bluish sheen to it. It must be Bluebeard, then, she thought. Well, he's out for the count now, but the Silence has ways of bringing him back later. Better find that page, or this will have been for nothing...

She turned to Lea. "You alright?"

Suddenly, she heard the swish of approaching steel, and whirled, sword pulled from its scabbard and ready to parry. She locked swords with yet another Dark Heart, this one apparently female. The blow that clanged against her sword was so strong that she felt its vibrations in her shoulders, and fought to keep her sword from flying out of her grip. Not over yet...

OOC: I basically did this post because I'm enthusiastic about my RP, but this has been dead for quite some time...? If other people want to restart it, then I'm all for it! We're going to need more people, though, and I don't know if that will happen. Also, Mere Reflection-- in RPs, taking control of someone else's character (like Max) is called "God-Modding" and isn't really fair, even if you didn't do anything bad to said character. You can set yourself up for danger, but it's up to other people to get you out of it. That's part of what makes RPing fun. Maybe another look at the RP forum rules might help? Just a suggestion.
~The Unwritten

Return to “A Duel of Inkspills”