Artimis look-alike - Cat Moon. Space Adventures!

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Artimis look-alike - Cat Moon. Space Adventures!

Postby Kitsy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:28 pm

Enjoy.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Re: Artimis look-alike - Cat Moon. Space Adventures!

Postby Cat Moon » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:03 pm

ImageArt by Artimis look-alike

The Maraud was a marvel of modern technology; the master of the ship could have travelled the galaxy, seen everything. People spoke in whispers of Captain Demetrin Muerto, how he chose to orbit Earth, waiting for something.
The white-haired individual stared at the view-screen in front of him. He wasn’t old, barely an adult. Piercing black eyes stared up at the screen.
‘Computer?’ he asked. ‘Improve quality and enlarge.’ The computer performed its job silently; he hadn’t installed artificial intelligence. A waste of time and money.
Demetrin touched the screen with a finger. ‘Allendale. Is that...?’ He didn’t finish the question.
Conrad Allendale grimaced. Demetrin could see it in his face – he was surprised at his Captain. This small display of emotion was unusual. But the 1st Lieutenant replied smartly, ‘Yessir. Ohjin Beach Heavy Patrol Ship, sir.’
Demetrin glanced at the switchboards. ‘Well, then.’ He smiled grimly. Puma. She had died. ‘It would be rude not to send a greeting.’
‘Storm cannons, sir?’
‘Yes, Allendale. We’ve been through this.’ He hit three keys, and the weapons fired. For a moment, Demetrin almost felt guilty, uncertainty in his black eyes. He was just a boy, twenty-one. He should be finishing an Advanced Aerochemistry degree, but...Puma. His eyes hardened. The unsuspecting crew of that ship deserved everything he sent.
He watched impassively as the missiles flew from the cannons.
Last edited by Cat Moon on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Artimis look-alike
Sprite
Real First Name: Pat

Postby Artimis look-alike » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:18 am

Patrick Nifhawk was a new recruit, age eighteen, graduated last in his class. He was not the best pilot, he only joined the air force out of misguided responsibility he thought he had to his family. Assigned to a retired squadron known as the Ohjin Beach squadron, it seemed that he was destined for a life of, well nothingness.

It was currently ten twenty eight am on a saturday morning, and cadet Nifhawk was on guard duty with the only plane they had. He expect slight turbulence, maybe some early morning showers, a bird or two hitting his cockpit, what he did not expect was the two hydrojaspin Plasma heavy artillery missiles currently locked on course with his plane. This event was something that was taught how to deal with in the academy, unfortunately the class that taught this Patrick fell asleep during one day, which by a strange series of coincidences happened to be the day this lesson was taught so Nifhawk had to improvise.

Needless to say Nifhawk wasn't good at improvising, so instead he panicked and fired his guns rapidly. By some strange amount of luck Nifhawk was able to hit one of the missiles tail fins driving it off course and straight into the parallel missile. Young Patrick Nifhawk being the age of eighteen, weighing approximately one hundred and sixty five pounds, had just shot down his first missile at exactly ten twenty nine and thirty eight seconds am on a saturday morning, and at ten twenty nine and forty six seconds on a saturday morning Patrick Nifhawk has just realized he's flying straight at a heavily armed hostile E class viper wing Jet with several very big guns attached to it. "Oh joy, I'm screwed," said the now eighteen year three month, six day and seventy two second year old cadet.
There's a flaw in the system, as usual

I actualy look like HARRY POTTER!!!

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:30 am

'Sir!' Allendale shouted. 'The ship is going to crash into us.'
Demetrin turned. This was something he hadn't been expecting. Who would have thought that an Ohjin ship would have that amount of guts? Maybe he should...no. Puma. She had died on patrol for that force and he would have revenge.
He took a deep breath. He wasn't sure this would work but the ease with which this officer had neutralised his missiles meant he had no other option.
'Allendale. Fire an Electro-Magnetic Pulse. It should cut their engines.'
'Sir! They have shields!'
'Allendale, that is a standard Ohjin ship and they will have electronic shields. Now fire!'
Allendale turned, flipped the cover off a blue button, and pressed down hard.

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Nifhawk had just opened his eyes in time to notice the missile now hurtling toward him. "Wait I have shields right?" he said with a bit of relief. "Actually you do not have shields, the shields are currently down" said the computer.

"Then what do I do?"
"Organics usually would panic, as it is the illogical thing to do"
"Then what is logical, or is dying quietly not logical"
"I do not want to die, will I go to heaven if I die"

The ship began to rock as the auto pilot turned on. "What in hell's name are you doing computer"
"My name is Sidney, and 'm having a emotional breakdown"

Patrick slapped his forehead, this just topped the list of abnormal incidents, a computer having an emotional break down.

"I think I might cry"
"How can you cry your a ship, and we don't even run on gasoline"
"I'll cry flares"

It was at this very luck moment that the ships flare pods opened up and launched several heat flares out. One of these flares in some vast luck to complicated to explain was able to hit the missile and cause it to explode without damaging the ship.

Patrick's mouth was agape, he was saved! "I love you Sidney" he said hugging his cockpit. "I'm sorry, but I don't go that way"

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:14 pm

'Sir...this Captain...' Allendale was staring out of the viewscreen, stunned.
'What, Allendale? Get on with it!' Demetrin looked up from the radar.
'Sir...this Captain...he's destroyed the EMP missile using flares. They're meant to be used to jettison rubbish, and -'
'Yes, Allendale, I know what they're used for.' Demetrin shut his eyes. Puma. Could he never avenge her? Was he weak? Did her training count for nothing? Did he - No. Focus. Focus.
He opened his eyes. 'Allendale.' He was about to do something he had never done, something which he had nightmares about. 'Allendale. I - I need your help.'
Allendale's eyes widened, but he stared resolutely ahead, back ramrod straight.
Demetrin looked down. It wasn't surprising that his 1st Lieutenant didn't want to help him. Demetrin had never acted as if he cared. Well, not in the open. His crew had good beds, good food, but he paid them only average. However, his men found themselves winning galactiks in the lottery often - never the whole jackpot of course, but just little snippets, here and there. Their shares became gilt-edged overnight...But Demetrin did not act openly.
He tried again. 'Conrad. Please, help me. I...I never did anything to make you loyal. But Conrad, please, I don't know what to do now.' He looked up. 'I...I must have vengeance. I...I'll pay you more. I'll-'
Allendale - no, Conrad, Conrad snapped. 'Captain, if you think I would want paying, I -' he seemed to regain control, as if he'd flicked a switch inside.
Demetrin smiled sadly. 'Not Captain, I'm Demetrin. I'm not a Captain. I wish I'd seen sooner...If I knew your loyalty, I-'
A fire burned in Conrad's eyes. Without a word he turned, hit seven keys and punched a large button.
'We're sending everything we've got at them, Captain...Demetrin.'

~Moist von Lipwig

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Patrick looked behind him at the arsenal of fire coming straight at his ship. "Sidney..." he said.
The computer snorted and took evasive action dodging the missiles. "Where did you learn to fly like that" Patrick asked amazed. "Well I am a computer" Sidney chuckled.

This chuckle was soon ceased by the sudden blast blowing off their right wing. "Well this sucks" Patrick said
"May I suggest you eject?"
"What about you?"
"Oh I've already uploaded myself on the base's main computer"
"But isn't their a ship still attacking base?"
"Not for long"

As Sidney said this Patrick's seat ejected from the cockpit. As it did this he saw his ship sharply turn and fire every single missile, bullet, flare, seat and any other weapon it had at the enemy ship, then it crashed.

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:04 am

Demetrin took immediate action. 'Conrad, we're going to evacuate. This ship is too big to evade their missiles. Get the crew to escape pods.'
'Sir, are you comi-'
'Of course I am, Conrad, but we have only 1 minute 14 seconds before those missiles hit, so-'
'Sir-'
'I order you to go, right now!...I'll join you in a few seconds.'
Conrad turned and left the bridge. Demetrin watched the barrage of missiles soar towards him, only chinks of black sky with occasional stars visible between them. A waste of technology, for this ship to die.
On the port windscreen he saw ten escape pods eject, but the command pod did not emerge. He transmitted a message to the pod. 'Conrad, I am on another pod, repeat, I am on another pod, with the cadets.'
The command pod ejected.
And then the missiles hit. Demetrin was thrown backwards into the control panels, and through the roaring in his ears, he heard something snap. The ship vibrated, groaned, and jerked, sending his head crunching into the railings. He brought his hand up to his eyebrow, and felt blood. Attempting to stand up, he realised, it was his left wrist that had snapped. His sword hand, but he could fight with the other.
He pushed through the pain - the cut on his temple, the pain from his wrist, numerous cuts from shrapnel, and stood upright at the control.
Muscles screaming, Demetrin rode the flaming, shrieking ship through re-entry, to crash on Ohjin Beach.

~Moist von Lipwig

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Patrick saw the enemy ship crash and immediately got out of his seat to check for survivors, it was in his nature. He ran to the burning wreckage and looked around, there didn't seam to be much hope for survivors. It was at this point he heard a moan.

He looked around for the source of the moan and saw a man walking from the crash, bruised and bloody. "Sir are you okay" said Nifhawk running toward the man

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Demetrin had pulled himself out from under the control panel - it had landed on him when The Maraud had smashed into the ground. Pushing the panel away would have been difficult at the best of times, but this time it had been agony - he could feel the bones in his wrist grinding together, and he had not been able to prevent himself from giving an involuntary moan. However, Demetrin was not one to be deterred by pain.
Now, he pushed himself upright, and staggered from the ship in time to see a young man in Ohjin Patrol uniform running towards him across the sand. He was younger than Demetrin - though not by much.
For a moment, Demetrin paused. He saw himself in the man's eyes - a self he had left behind when Puma died for this force - it must have been their fault - it couldn't have been Puma's - she was too good a fighter, and - No. He could think about her later. Think about her when it was over.
'Sir, are you okay?' the man asked.
Demetrin pulled a sword from the twin scabbards on his back. Normally he fought with two, but his left wrist was out of action. He held himself tall so that this captain wouldn't see his weakness.
'Do not worry for me, Captain, worry for yourself.' The man still had some distance to cover before he would reach Demetrin. So, silhouetted by his burning craft, Demetrin waited.

~Moist von Lipwig

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:09 am

Patrick saw the sword the man held in his hand as he grew closer. He reached for his lazer but it wasn't there, he would have to do this diplomatically.

"Sir put the blade away, I'm not here to hurt you, all I want is to help you seek medical attention"

Patrick knew that convincing this guy to put the blade away was useless, but he needed to buy time so he could find something large and blunt to knock this guy out with, if a fight was chosen.

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Medical attention? Medical attention?
Demetrin was tired, he was hurt and he knew he was beaten - there was no way he could defeat the mysterious captain who dodged or neutralised all his missiles as if they were just particularly annoying flies. But he could not back down now. Puma. He had to see it through.
He tensed, and curled his fingers more tightly round his sword. Puma. Reached up, fighting the pain, and drew his other sword. Puma. His left hand was transmitting wave after wave of pain towards his brain, and it was all he could do not to drop his swords, fall to the floor and let the other captain carry him to safety. But he had no choice. Puma. He wanted to know the name of his killer, but his eyes were blurring, with pain and with blood from his head injury He couldn't read the small print on the Ohjin name-tag.
He crouched. He was too tired, too hurt to think. Just make himself a quick end, die now, before his crew landed, before he collapsed and had no say over his future. He was sure, anyway, that this captain wanted him dead. The offers of help were a ruse, a chance to finish him on the floor. He would die standing.
Just one thought ran through his mind, briefly, as he leapt towards the man.
Who will avenge me?

~Moist von Lipwig

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:25 pm

Patrick had no time o think of his next move, he just acted. It was a blur, not even a faint thought of how it happened. Somehow he managed to grab a piece of scrap metal and blocked the two blades.

"Um hi, could you, not try and kill me, it would help with the talking things out"

He slowly started to place down his scrap metal, keeping an eye on his opponent, that is when he noticed the abnormal way the man was holding his blade in his left hand, his hand was hurt.

"Sir, your hurt, if you continue like that..."

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:46 pm

'Sir, you're hurt, if you continue like that...'
Demetrin cursed under his breath - an old Titanian curse. His wrist must have become obvious when the captain had blocked him. And it hurt...No. Focus.
The captain had blocked his attack without even using his sword...he was invincible. Demetrin was about to leap again, but he couldn't. He pushed through the pain, and took another step. Pain fired through him on all cylinders and he dropped to his knees, then hit the ground entirely.
It was over. He could feel the sand under his cheek, gritty in his head wound. Now this captain would kill him. And, strangely, he was glad.

~Moist von Lipwig

Artimis look-alike
Sprite

Postby Artimis look-alike » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Patrick saw the man fall to the ground, it was over. The man was immobilized, and by some miracle Patrick had won.

He walked over to the man and kneeled down. He grabbed the man's swords and tossed them to the side.

"Sorry but the blades will only weigh me down" he said putting the man's arm over his shoulder. "Come on lets see about getting you some medical attention" He laughed. "My names Patrick, yours?"

Return to “A Duel of Inkspills”