Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

BkkprGirl - crystal_clear - hollyshort_reconjock

Postby Kitsy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:50 am

Again, no room for anything interesting in the title :(

Just a note - I put you in the same group from last time as per request as you've apparantly got a good idea. However, I have to ask you to put of posting until Thursday 3rd Sept., as you have an unfair advantage over the other teams as you already know what you're doing.

Thanks, and enjoy!
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Re: BkkprGirl - crystal_clear - hollyshort_reconjock

Postby BkkprGirl » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Petra ducked beneath the window, heart pounding for more than one reason.

She was leaning against the wall of a small building, and her eyes were wide with nerves and barely repressed emotion.

It was a chilly October evening, and she prayed that the dried leaves beneath her feet wouldn't crunch as she hunched over. Had she been spying on anyone else, she might have been terrified. It was nearing Halloween, and it was around this time of year that things liked to go prowling in the night. And this wasn't exactly the safest area--the puppet theater was in the middle of the park, and the park was dangerous at night.

But I'm NOT scared, she told herself, pushing her short, curly hair behind her ears with defiance. I'm just nervous. If worst comes to worst, I've been practicing my Sight Slip charm all week, and there's no way he'll notice me if I can say it fast enough.

Petra paused, and glanced quickly around at her surroundings, making sure that no one was watching her. The building she was leaning against was tiny but tall, and looked as though someone had stretched it upward like soft taffy. Through what she could see, no one was obviously lurking behind the thick, dead tree trunks around her.

Did he see me? I really hope to god he didn't see me... I'll look like such a fool, creeping around in the middle of the night just to catch a quick glimpse of him... She paused, brow furrowed in frustration, and if she'd been alone, she would have let out a sigh of discontent. Why do I always end up looking like a stalker?
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:25 am

If I didn't know any better, Malcolm thought, I'd swear I was being watched.

He slipped through the trunks of the trees watchfully. It was dangerous to be out at this time of the year, goodness knows what went bump in the night around Halloween.

A loud snap of a branch issued itself through the dead forest. With a quick glance in both directions Malcolm smirked, it was probably that girl--what's her name. He loathed her for being her and for getting in the way of his desires, but still, he admired her unwillingness to give up. She'd been following him around campus for some time.

Malcolm tossed his umbrella into the air, levitating it for a moment, and letting it drop into his hand gently. Again and again it was thrown in the air, until he opened it, spreading his fingers wide, and watched it lazily drift to the ground.

He walked over to collect it from beneath the branchy canopy of an old oak. A fine mist was collecting at his feet. There he waited for a while. "Someone sent me a note," he said to anyone who might be listening, holding the scrap of paper ahead of him.

He crunched the sheet into a ball , tossed it into the air, and it folded into a paper plane. It glided into the mist beyond sight. "Wait at the dead oak in the park, I'll meet you there at midnight," he repeated aloud.

Glancing at his watch, Malcolm remarked "It's now 12:15 and you're nowhere to be found. You must have had something better to do, right? Right?!" He slammed his fist deep into the trunk of the tree. For the most part it bent around his hand, but only so far. Malcolm lost his concentration and the trunk bounced back much like a rubber band, wedging his hand painfully in between to pieces of wood. Wincing, he pulled his fist from the tree, leaving it splintered and torn. Blood oozed from the cuts.

"My love must not be important enough for you to care," he muttered.
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:50 pm

From where Petra was standing, she could see Malcolm quite clearly in the bright moonlight. What's he talking about? He's meeting someone? A breif flare of jealousy prickled inside her when he mentioned the word "love".

I need to get closer to this,
she thought. Maybe he already has a crush on somebody else. Her heart sank at the thought. She was standing behind a thick patch of briars, but though he was visible, Malcom's words barely reached her.

Despite the circumstances, Petra gave a small, flitting smile. She'd come prepared. From the pocket of her jacket, she pulled out the thin, dark quill pen that served as her wand. She grasped its worn, wooden handle and made a few deft strokes in the air, the whisper of a spell filling the air around her. The metal nib gleamed and seemed to cut the air, as if re-writing the the scene around her.

In a few seconds, Petra's slim form melted into the shadows, her Sight Slip charm keeping her safe from any prying eyes.

Petra held her hand in front of her face, watching as her eyes became used to the transparent quality she'd taken on. She grinned widely, though there was an edge to her grin that betrayed her nerves.

Careful to make no noise whatsoever (she hadn't mastered manipulating noises yet), Petra took a few cautious steps toward Malcolm.

The sight of him made her heart fly in her chest, and nervousness flowed through her like electricity. I think this is the closest I've been to him....ever. Part of her felt foolish--who was he to manipulate her emotions like she could control sight? It's like I'm invisible even when I'm NOT invisible. This is stupid--I shouldn't be hanging on him like this, but I can't help it. I don't know what to do anymore--and what if he IS meeting a crush or something?? She gulped and threw the thought away. No, not this time. You can only be unlucky to a certain extent, right? Not this time, too...

That was when Malcolm's Manipulation on the tree went wrong, creating a gash in his hand. The tangy smell of blood filled the air, as Malcolm let out a grunt of discomfort. He'd said something after that, but Petra was deaf to his words, the bright splash of his hand filling her vision.

Petra had never been good with blood. She fought the lightheadedness, but she might as well have been fighting an earthquake. The usual confidince she knew she needed to maintain to keep up a spell began to slip away, replaced by shock and nausea.

Then it flickered out altogether, the Illusion she'd weaved to conceal her disappating, leaving her standing in the open. The confidence that had solidified in her chest melted into something slippery and ashamed and panicky, and she could feel it dripping down from her heart, filling her entirely and making her go bright red.

Oh, NO! No, no, no! Come back! Hide me! She gripped her quill, tried desperately to focus her energy again, but nothing happened, and it was too late. Her eyes widened in horror, and she covered her gasp with a palm.

The thought echoed at the back of her head mockingly--you can only be unlucky to a certain extent, right?
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:01 am

"I can't say I'm surprised to see you. I was almost expecting it," Malcolm sighed when the blushing girl came into view. "You're getting better at that Sight Slip, though."

He leaned against the tree and slid down to the ground. "Have you seen Hunter? I was supposed to meet him here."

Malcolm removed his jacket, wrapping it around his wounded hand. "Or maybe I'm just thinking wishfully. After all, I don't know who sent me the note. It could have been you, for all I know." He smirked, placing his head in on his unwounded hand.

It's impossible that he could feel the same way that I feel for him.
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Not even bothering to mask his footfalls with a spell, Hunter Hale slouched bitterly through the trees. His hands were shoved deep into his pockets, hiding the small iron disk he clutched in his right. Grunting in irritation, he kicked a stone vicously, sending it flying through the darkness before him and out of sight.

The reason for his unusual moodiness was Malcolm. The two had been best friends since kindergarten, and had always gotten along despite their very different niches in the school social system. But recently, Malcolm had been acting a little strange to Hunter -- smiling oddly at random times, passing cryptic notes during class like in middle school, and basically serving him in any possible.

Almost nothing scared Hunter. But this did.

That's why he had shoved the scrawled note furiously into his friend's locker, demanding to see him that night. Hunter wanted an explanation.

He tossed his head slightly to get a few strands of brown hair out of his eyes. The second reason why Hunter was mad at Malcolm was unjust and unfair, and Hunter knew it. But he was still angry at him for it. Angry? Hunter sighed, frowning. Maybe jealous was a better word.

That reason was Petra. She was in his class, and Hunter had liked her for a long time. But even though he'd gone with a dozen other girls, he just didn't have the guts to ask out the one he really felt for. It was easy to get a girl he barely knew -- a couple of fancy words and she'd be all over him. But he couldn't manipulate Petra like that. He just couldn't.

It was easy tp see that she didn't quite like him. She was always glancing at Malcolm during class, always orienting herself around him. It pained Hunter. Especially since Malcolm ignored her so completely. If he didn't like her, he could at least set her up with Hunter. But no -- nothing like that ever occured to Malcolm.

Hunter was hurting inside. But he never let anyone see it. He still had to keep up that front of the cool, aloof, envied captain of the Brawl team, keeping his weaknesses and secrets locked up tight inside.

He reached the tree with a minute to spare. To his annoyance, he saw that Malcolm was already leaning against the tree, clutching a bloodied hand. But then he saw her -- right beside Malcolm -- Petra.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Return to “A Duel of Inkspills”