She should play holly...!

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Inky Duchess
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Sakura

Re: She should play holly...!

Postby Inky Duchess » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 am

Emmi-Kat wrote:We could get my dad to play the troll! He's big and hairy!

that is mean, but seeing as my littile brother is a dwarf, it could be true!

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:22 am

Emmi-Kat wrote:http://emmi-kat.deviantart.com/favourites/41123475#/d4ufh9k
This picture reminds me of Holly. Kiera Knightly might be able to play her.

yeah.. it does look holly-ish!
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

Emmi-Kat
Pixie
Real First Name: Emma

Postby Emmi-Kat » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:05 pm

I don't really think that it is necessary that the faeries have accents, I mean, they're not Irish, they're Gnommish. Who's to say that Gnommish doesn't sound American? I definitely think that the Humans ought to have the appropriate accents, though!
"We all have our own time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams." ~Jeremy Irons

Check out my gallery on dA! http://emmi-kat.deviantart.com/

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress

Postby evilopalrocks! » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:04 am

Emmi-Kat wrote:I don't really think that it is necessary that the faeries have accents, I mean, they're not Irish, they're Gnommish. Who's to say that Gnommish doesn't sound American? I definitely think that the Humans ought to have the appropriate accents, though!

yeah, I think it would be kind of refreshing. either way, I asuume that the fairies' accents will depend on the production's nationality. (if the producers are british most of the fairies will have english accent, if it's irish- then irish, if it's american, then american) but at least some will have a different accent.. Chix, perhaps, or dr. Argon.
The humans definently need the right accents- Artemis's are irish, Butler british, Angeline and Juliet american. though when wearing different disguses they'll change their accent too.
Hi people.
Dismissed. Carry on.

elf_with_attitude
Cereal Killer
Real First Name: Holly
Location: You know that little voice in the back of your head telling you to kill people? Yeah...

Postby elf_with_attitude » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:43 am

evilopalrocks! wrote:
Emmi-Kat wrote:I don't really think that it is necessary that the faeries have accents, I mean, they're not Irish, they're Gnommish. Who's to say that Gnommish doesn't sound American? I definitely think that the Humans ought to have the appropriate accents, though!

yeah, I think it would be kind of refreshing. either way, I asuume that the fairies' accents will depend on the production's nationality. (if the producers are british most of the fairies will have english accent, if it's irish- then irish, if it's american, then american) but at least some will have a different accent.. Chix, perhaps, or dr. Argon.
The humans definently need the right accents- Artemis's are irish, Butler british, Angeline and Juliet american. though when wearing different disguses they'll change their accent too.

Butler's Asian, not british
This is to be our final transmission
The rebels have defeated our illustrious armies
They have damaged our intention of ugly and defiant malevolence
All that we love and care for will sink
Into the abyss of a new dark age
Made more sinister
And perhaps more protracted
By the light of perverted science and rebellion
The whole root and heavy core
Will perish in starving captivity
You will never win your freedom
You cannot escape... F.E.A.R.

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress

Postby evilopalrocks! » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:24 pm

elf_with_attitude wrote:
evilopalrocks! wrote:

he's earo-asian, which is not being very specific, but being a butler, I think the british would suit him. maybe accent-less...
Hi people.
Dismissed. Carry on.

Emmi-Kat
Pixie
Real First Name: Emma

Postby Emmi-Kat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 am

evilopalrocks! wrote:
elf_with_attitude wrote:
evilopalrocks! wrote:

he's earo-asian, which is not being very specific, but being a butler, I think the british would suit him. maybe accent-less...

Butler is from a long line that served the IRISH Fowls. I think it stands to reason that he be Irish, as well. And why would Juliet be American if her brother is European? She should also have an Irish accent. It said in the books that Angeline and Timmy met in London, I always assumed that she was British. Hmm...
"We all have our own time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams." ~Jeremy Irons

Check out my gallery on dA! http://emmi-kat.deviantart.com/

elf_with_attitude
Cereal Killer
Location: You know that little voice in the back of your head telling you to kill people? Yeah...

Postby elf_with_attitude » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 am

Emmi-Kat wrote:
evilopalrocks! wrote:
elf_with_attitude wrote:
evilopalrocks! wrote:

Butler is from a long line that served the IRISH Fowls. I think it stands to reason that he be Irish, as well. And why would Juliet be American if her brother is European? She should also have an Irish accent. It said in the books that Angeline and Timmy met in London, I always assumed that she was British. Hmm...

It says in EC that butler's eurasian, and Juliet is american. I always saw artemis the first as english, but I know he's not.
Made more sinister

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress

Postby evilopalrocks! » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:30 am

elf_with_attitude wrote:
Emmi-Kat wrote:
evilopalrocks! wrote:
elf_with_attitude wrote:
evilopalrocks! wrote:

It says in EC that butler's eurasian, and Juliet is american. I always saw artemis the first as english, but I know he's not.

Butler is euroasian, which practically means he could be from any place in those two continents, Juliet was merely born in America, in some city, and I assume that her first years (before Artemis was born) Butler also lived there with her (what the had happend to the rest of their family, I don't know, there is only their uncle that died on the Fowl Star) So I assume that Butler is British, since his ancestors served the Fowls in Ireland for many years, as you mentioned, but for some reason I just can't see Butler as irish, because it is kinda something that specializes the Fowls. Angeline- I think it was mentioned that she is American, I'll check TTP again, but at least I get kinda american vibes from her... maybe it's the contrediction between the cold-steriotypical-british (as in all the countries that are part of great britain) and Angeline's warm and loving attitude....
Hi people.
Dismissed. Carry on.

elf_with_attitude
Cereal Killer

Postby elf_with_attitude » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 am

hmmmmm, never thought about that...
Made more sinister

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Actually, I'd really like Halle Berry as Holly. She has the toned skin as Holly is described in the book, and from seeing pictures of her role in 'Die Another Day' (though I never saw the movie), where she has short hair and seems to play a similar role (she carries a gun, and seems to have that fighting aura), she actually looks quite a bit how I imagine Holly as I read the books. It's true Halle Berry has done some pretty adult movies and such, but I don't think you'd necessarily be seeing that if they put her in an AF movies. (I'm sure many of the actors from Harry Potter have done films that wouldn't be appropriate for the normal HP audience; there's at least one movies I can think of that Alan Rickman played in with a kind of extreme role, but that doesn't mean you'd see that in the movie.) But I'm not sure if they'd be able to get her, AF may not be her kind of movie.

evilopalrocks! wrote:
elf_with_attitude wrote:
Emmi-Kat wrote:
evilopalrocks! wrote:
elf_with_attitude wrote:
evilopalrocks! wrote:

Butler is euroasian, which practically means he could be from any place in those two continents, Juliet was merely born in America, in some city, and I assume that her first years (before Artemis was born) Butler also lived there with her (what the had happend to the rest of their family, I don't know, there is only their uncle that died on the Fowl Star) So I assume that Butler is British, since his ancestors served the Fowls in Ireland for many years, as you mentioned, but for some reason I just can't see Butler as irish, because it is kinda something that specializes the Fowls. Angeline- I think it was mentioned that she is American, I'll check TTP again, but at least I get kinda american vibes from her... maybe it's the contrediction between the cold-steriotypical-british (as in all the countries that are part of great britain) and Angeline's warm and loving attitude....

Yeah, I always assumed Butler was Irish like Artemis, too. (Nathaniel Parker, who does the audiobooks, gives both him and Juliet Irish accents, anyway. Or so I think, I'm not too good at distinguishing accents.) It would be interesting if Butler was British, but if his specific nationality isn't specifically mentioned, I'd find it more likely that Colfer intended him to be Irish. (That's what I'd assume if I was going to write a fanfiction, anyway, since I'd think if Butler was British, that would be mentioned in his background.) Although, the books also say that the Butlers have been serving the Fowls for centuries, and the first was during the Norman Crusades, and as Ireland and England were all mixed up in that, who knows.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Alice

Postby La Souris Bleue » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:28 pm

I love how the topic moved from Holly-like actresses to the characters accents :lick: By the way, I think that they'll need to invent a new accent especially for the fairies, and a Gnommish language, like they did for Avatar. I wouldn't bare it if the fairies spoke English underground ><

But that's not the subject x)

My personal favourite actress is Ellen Page, so I think she should be playing Holly since she can perfectly play absolutely everything, from a teenage pregnant (Juno) to a vengeful sociopath (Hard Candy), including a walking-through-walls mutant (X-Men), so why not a badass elf cop ? :D Plus I think she's got the perfect right features, since she's pretty without being too sexy, which would be OOC, and she's also quite nicely muscled (long live rugby !).
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''

~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

Return to “The Movie”