AF-movie

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
sodapop82
Cave Troll

AF-movie

Postby sodapop82 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:03 am

In my opinion at the point Colfer started writing on AF he was already thinking of having it done into a movie... intentional writing! Nontheless, I think AF can be perfectly made into one, the cuts, suspense, characters... Brilliant. Hopefully we won't be disappointed - what I think we'll be.

unappreciatedgenius
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby unappreciatedgenius » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:39 am

I don't think so. i don't want to sound pessimistic, but i agree that we are going to be disappointed Sad
The book is always better than the film, especially if you've read the book first!
:shiny:

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:25 pm

I don't know about it...

But the rights to making the movie were snapped up before the book was published.

The book is always better than the film, especially if you've read the book first!

Sometimes even if you haven't read the book first! I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey before I read the book, but I liked the book better. Also, the book and movie were written at the same time.

There's so much that can be done in a book that can't be done in a movie, anyway.
Image Image
My Artemis Fowl game: Part One | Part Two | Part Three

unappreciatedgenius
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby unappreciatedgenius » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:39 pm

How right you are! *sighs*. But I do hope that the AF movie will be a real success, and that almost nothing will be left out, and that everything will be as i hope and perfect (maybe I'm a bit too optimistic Wink )

hunter_fantasy
Goblin

Postby hunter_fantasy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:40 am

And the most important part is that they find the most perfect cast, especially Artemis, or else its just ruined
*+Fantasize+*

Isfjell
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Isfjell » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:19 pm

hunter_fantasy wrote:And the most important part is that they find the most perfect cast, especially Artemis, or else its just ruined

I agree. Casting is always most important.

unappreciatedgenius
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby unappreciatedgenius » Mon May 01, 2006 1:04 pm

Yes. i forgot that. but it's a difficult task. for some people halle berry is the perfect holly and for others it's keira knightly. we shouldn't expect too much.

oh no not her...
Pixie

Postby oh no not her... » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:29 pm

I hope Artemis is an Irish unknown, I can't think of anyone suitable and 12 years old. Evryones saying Tom Felton, but come on. He's like 20. I'm looking forward to the film (if it ever comes) its a very actiony book so it should translate well. I know I'll be yelling at the screen on evey minor change no matter what the do though.
Unfortunately, my internet at home (I'm in school at the mo) has gone caput, much to my dismay. Hense misterious disappearence.

unappreciatedgenius
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby unappreciatedgenius » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:50 pm

An unknown really would be the best. Then we don't have to expect too much of all of it and we can't be too disappointed. Taht's what I think.

oh no not her...
Pixie

Postby oh no not her... » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:08 pm

Theres a guy in my year at school who is completely Artemis Fowl look alike. He's like 16 though... he looks younger but still. (He'd kill me if he saw that I'd said that, and with his computer genius he probally knows already. I'll be getting an msn message popping up any second saying "I DO NOT LOOK YOUNG FOR MY AGE!...lol")
He thought me and my friend were very odd when we started going on about it. Wonder why...
Unfortunately, my internet at home (I'm in school at the mo) has gone caput, much to my dismay. Hense misterious disappearence.

unappreciatedgenius
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby unappreciatedgenius » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:25 pm

WHen I'm in hte bus every morning, I see this 20 year old guy who looks very like Trouble. He even has pointy ears! ^^
But then I think when I compare Trouble with him and his behaviour, maybe not.

oh no not her...
Pixie

Postby oh no not her... » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:02 pm

Ah well this guy doesn't really have the personality...although he spends 24/7 on the computer...games though not hacking onto random bank websites...although I could imagine him doing that come to think of it...I'd put a pic up but I really won't because for one thing, he'd kill me, for another i havn't got one. Appart from an inch high one from school when the whole year was photographed. I'm still paranoid that he can detect me saying this...*waves* I'm not on about you...really! And no, I'm not me. I'm someone else, don't eat me! Ahem.

Scifiguy
Centaur
Real First Name: Jeffrey

Postby Scifiguy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:55 am

Now I know this is going to be completely of topic, but I couldn't find a better place to put this, sooo.....

You know, ever since I decided I wanted to be a movie producer I've always wanted to do an Artemis Fowl movie. But now that they're making one, it's... li... EEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Oh well. I guess I can always do one of those 40 years later remakes, I guess. Sad

Izzy
Elf

Postby Izzy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:25 pm

If the movie is as long as LOTR...i will still go and watch it all...it's worth it!!.... Laughing [s] Thats what's going to happen if you want every detale in the movie[/s]

Izzy
Last edited by Izzy on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks michelle439731
I am an official AFC secret agent... It's a secret though, so no one else gets to know, okay?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:47 pm

I would enjoy a long movie, but, if they really have to cut things, I won't mind TOO much if they stay true to the spirit of AF. I don't think that should be too much of a problem, since the books are relatively concise (if you compare to HP, for example).

Yes, the book is always better than the film, but why can't we just enjoy it in a different medium, nonetheless?

I agree with casting being the most important. I'd like most of the actors, not just Artemis' portrayer, to be not very well-known (at least, not very well-known in the US, where a lot of the movie action is).

I'd like an Irish cast as much as possible, humans AND fairies. Ireland's not that small; surely they can find many good actors there?

Return to “The Movie”