What songs do you think will be good in the move?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
lotrfan
Commander
Re: What songs do you think will be good in the move?

Postby lotrfan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Wow, yeah, that is really good from Artemis' perspective!

I just don't know if we really want songs with lyrics in the movie...I mean, possibly in the credits, but I don't know how well that would go with the feel of the rest of the movie.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name:Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:38 pm

I think there shouldent be songs in the movie, exept the credits. and during the credits, I think the song 'call me Artemis Fowl' should be on. I mean, it was written about him. it describes him best.. I dont see any reason why not...
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

Fangirlwhocanspell
Gremlin

Postby Fangirlwhocanspell » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:40 am

Songs in music do work, There's countless of songs with lyrics in movie, but yeah we could reserve it for the credits. Call me Artemis Fowl iI think it should be the second song after any graphic art credits because AF ends with his mother being restored to sanity- I really do hope the capture the emotion of that, including Artemis's pain about his mum
Nvm, I heard they're blending the first and second, i wish they didn't... Just because... More movies! :P
And oh yeah- THE FEAR by lily Allen just sums up little Artemis. Not really, but it could still work.
Anyways, if we've going to have a wordless soundtrack, I call HANS ZIMMER. he's simply the best. (inception, spirit, Kung Fu panda1&2) or Danny elfman, simply cause he wrote the corpse bride theme, and it's good.
Or John Williams

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah, I mean, I agree that some songs during the credits wouldn't be too bad, but like you said, they would have to fit with the tone of the movie. And I kind of think Call me Artemis Fowl is a little too lighthearted and goofy...But actually now that I think about it, I kind of agree that maybe as the last song of the credits it could work (that way, only the hard core fans would stick around anyway, and people who've never heard of it wouldn't be like "what the heck is this?!")
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

fullmetalflame
Swear Toad

Postby fullmetalflame » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:04 am

I think there could be some songs to put in the movie, but they can't just appeal to just americans or our english cousins across the pond, no that would be wrong.
what with artemis being who he is and he enjoys classical music, there should be a lot of it in the movie,
but what with Butler being an action master, there has to be rock or something fast paced enough.
I guess there has to be a lot of different genres in the movie to make it diverse enough.
"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
-500 year old giant lion turtle

Carefully watch your thoughts for they become your words.
Manage and watch your words, for they will become your actions.
Consider and judge your actions, for they have become your habits. Acknowledge and watch your habits, for they shall become your values. Understand and embrace your values, for they become your destiny.”
-Mahatma Gandhi

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
-Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:18 am

I think something by Adele would be perfect (maybe I'm just a little biased, being a huge fan) but with a full orchestra backing her she would show both the emotion and the 'classier' side of AF!

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name:Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:41 am

I also love Adele, but I really don't think there should be singing in the movie...
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:39 am

Well, singing might not suit some parts of the movie, but it would have more listener appeal in general- but there should be at least one full-orchestra instrumental. Or maybe piano?

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:07 am

I think they could insert a few strains of Michael Londra's "Artemis", and have it play over the credits. They could add Celtic music when Holly flies over Ireland.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name:Alice

Postby La Souris Bleue » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:44 am

I've always pictured rock songs for the fairies, as their are the ones who bring most of the action.
For Holly, Cannonballfrom the Breeders when she flies and Spellboundfrom Siouxsie & The Banshees when she gets her magic back ; the lyrics of Born to fight by Tracy Chapman also fit perfectly to her personality. I'd also love to see The Righteous & The Wicked from the Red Hot Chili Peppers when the fairies prepare to attack the Fowl Manor, because that way you can interprete the lyrics in several ways : the righteous would be the fairies, the wicked Artemis and the mother earth could be a metaphore for Holly imprisonned. But it can also refer to Commander Root and Cudgeon. Guadalcanal Diary's T.R.O.U.B.L.E (can't find it on Youtube) would be funny for Grub (in the lyrics it even says ''I'm gonna tell mama'' XD but I'm not sure the whippin' part would fit, unless Colfer reveals in an interview that Grub is actually fond of BDSM), and I'd love to ear My Blood Is Burning, by Yodelice (a French artist, cocorico !), for Trouble Kelp !

About the humans, actually I've always associated them with specific instruments. Angeline would be piano, as she can be both soft and fragile and also furious and imprevisible when she gets insane. The best would be some Erik Satie piano songs, like the Danses de travers, or one of the Gnossiennes (my favourite is the fifth one, but I recommand to listen to all of his works :3). And Artemis would be personalized by strings, especially cello. I can't explain, it's just totally him to me. But even though I'd like ''his'' tracks to be strings, I don't think it should be classical, but rock and metal remixes. The absolute reference : Apocalyptica ! My favourites from this band : Nothing Else Matters and Fade to Black.

Butler is a bit of particular case, since he's often involved in action scenes like the fairies. I've always pictured the troll fighting scene with Primitive Notion from New Order (the bass line in this song, aaaaaah *O*). But nonetheless I think he deserves some softer songs in some occasions. For the
Spoiler:
death
scene in the Eternity Code, a slow, melodic and melancholic theme would be way more moving than any big orchestra instrumental. When I read it, my mind flickers between Faure's Pavane and, in a totally different style, Black Sands by Bonobo. The latest being my favourite.

In general, the songs/musics I love and would like to ear in the movie :
* Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune - Claude Debussy (his piano works would be a great feat for Angeline too, like Rêveries or Nuages)
* Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
* Lips of Steel - Guadalcanal Diary ; for another fairy flying moment, or a chasing in the underground tunnels maybe.
And if Minerva appears, there MUST be an extract of The Cunning Little Vixen at some point. It just has to.

I'm forgetting a lot of all the songs and musics that flows into my mind when I dream of an Artemis Fowl Movie soundtrack, but that's already enough stuff to listen to for the moment ^^'
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''
~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Would the music at the beginning and end of the audiobooks be of any use?
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Return to “The Movie”