What songs do you think will be good in the move?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Kelsey Rain

Re: What songs do you think will be good in the move?

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Ooooo!!! I'm listening to "Man of Fire" soundtrack, and it's postively stunning. Gahh amazing!! You HAVE to listen to it!
:loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be2oSgKD ... playnext=2

Joy
Mud Man

Postby Joy » Sat May 01, 2010 11:07 am

I dunno...i think Fireflies by Owl City would be good as well...you know...the entire atmosphere of the song is pretty magical...and all that lyrics about Planet Earth :) ...and hazel eyes....umm they don't really resemble fireflies :huh: ....but the song could work...its really soft and charming... :zzz:

micheal45631
Cave Troll

Postby micheal45631 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:34 am

What a amazing post

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:00 am

Generally, I think that they should get Trevor Rabin to do the soundtrack [National Treasure] maybe in collaboration with James Newton Howard [Atlantis/Treasure Planet]. I agree with whoever said that there should be Celtic music in there - at least the use of Irish instruments within the orchestration. I do not think that there should be pop songs - at least not ones that people will recognize as something outside of the movie, and I do believe that some Beethoven/Mozart would be excellent just because those are the soundtracks Artemis keeps in his head [book 6]. It might even be cool to do a revamp of a classical piece with modern instruments and a new beat for Artemis's themesong!

[/center]
Them, we liked

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:28 pm

As I've probably said before in this topic, yes, there should definitely not be any lyric songs in the movie, at all.

Frondish17 wrote:I agree with whoever said that there should be Celtic music in there - at least the use of Irish instruments within the orchestration.

I wasn't really keen on the use of just random Irish, like folk music? in the movie, but how you said that maybe it could be just a spin on the orchestra, that sounds like it would work well.
I guess maybe there could be general Irish too (i don't know what I'm exactly thinking of, when I think of Irish music, or if there's some other kind that I have no idea about, so I'm sorry), just when something completely ridiculous is happening, (like Mulch doing something?).
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Frondish17
Pixie

Postby Frondish17 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:35 am

LOL that would be a good idea

"Twas down by the Sally Gardens . . ."

and Mulch is expelling tunnel waste out of his rear end. :lol:

[/center]
Them, we liked

Angel Bob
Cave Troll

Postby Angel Bob » Thu May 26, 2011 8:47 pm

I think they should have the following people do the soundtrack:

1. Hans Zimmer (Feat. Celldweller)

2. Danny Elfman (Main Theme of Movie only)

3. Michael Londra (Ending Song only, "Artemis")

- - - - - - -

For the people who don't know who Celldweller is, listen to this and be amazed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4payPuRM-Q

Also, we need a track with ominous Latin Faerie chanting.
Somewhere in the eldritch darkness,

a fallen warrior will atone.

For his allies to live on,

he must prepare to die alone.

- A Hero's Last Stand, by Me

Shippers scare me. I'm not sure if it's the need to pair everything romantically, or the intense hatred of any new female characters that come in later on.

ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat May 28, 2011 5:22 pm

What is the Michael Londra one? Is that a song called Artemis, because I can't find it on youtube...
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Frondish17
Pixie

Postby Frondish17 » Sun May 29, 2011 4:14 am

I luv all you people who appreciate the goodness that is Hans Zimmer XD He'd be awesome, although I think he's a little on the classical side - I picture AF a lot more high-tech and even odd at some points. Danny Elfman is actually a very good choice, maybe for the People's theme. He does a lot of "outside the box" type music. I think Trevor Rabin or James Newton Howard would also be good.

[/center]
Them, we liked

Angel Bob
Cave Troll

Postby Angel Bob » Sun May 29, 2011 6:31 pm

What is the Michael Londra one? Is that a song called Artemis, because I can't find it on youtube...

Apparently, it's a song that people think would go good with the movie. Don't worry, I don't get it either. :blink:

Does anyone else think 2:34 to 3:03 of this deserves to be in a TV Spot for the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAdy3WcC-U

Shippers scare me. I'm not sure if it's the need to pair everything romantically, or the intense hatred of any new female characters that come in later on.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Possibly. As long as the lyrics aren't in it, any kind of instrumental that could be adapted to specific scenes should be ok I think.
ImageImage Image

Angel Bob
Cave Troll

Postby Angel Bob » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 am

Yeah, I meant the instrumental one. It's pretty awesome.

Exit
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Exit » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:34 am

I think James Newton Howard's work would be suitable. He does a great job with the emotional side of music, as seen here (this is my favorite song by him): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXUwIXadl74. Also, he really gets into a movie's setting, and constantly reinvents his style and incorporates new instrumentation to reach new levels of immersion.

If he were to pair up with someone obsessed with production and technicalities, a REALLY awesome soundtrack would definitely result.

AFFan.lollipop
Pixie
Real First Name: Elizabeth

Postby AFFan.lollipop » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 pm

This is all I could find about "Artemis"
Artemis
I wrote this when Eoin Colfer, author of "Artemis Fowl," the worldwide children's bestseller came to see me on Broadway. Miramax, who have optioned the movie to be made this year for a spring 2004 release, heard that we were in the same class all the way through school, so they arranged for the trip. We talked about both having had relative success in the U.S. and I was totally inspired by him and the character he created. Artemis is the "anti- Harry Potter" and can be a nasty piece of work. The song is kind of dark and sounds a bit spooky. Miramax have heard the song and hopefully it will make the movie. I sing it next month in Ireland at the launch of the 3rd book in the series which has sold millions so far.

I couldn't even find lyrics...
Don't blink.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more of a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.... Stuff."

I have a lot of fandoms.
Spoiler:
Doctor Who, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Elementary, Torchwood, Starkid, and Homestuck are some of them.

I'm loosing it. I lost it. Maddie ate it.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 pm

:huh2:
umm...That's strange... Why does this song not actually exist? And why did nothing happen with the movie if big companies like that were involved?

So...there's a link to it on this site, but it won't open for me. Can anyone else open it? Go to the home page and click media, sound clips (or something)
ImageImage Image

Return to “The Movie”