What songs do you think will be good in the move?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
god of war58
Tunnel Blue Spider
What songs do you think will be good in the move?

Postby god of war58 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:34 pm

What songs do you think will be good in the move? sorry i posted it in the rong board.
Knight of the Invisible Table. the Yelllow Duck Soceity.see my home page to xage http://www.artemis-fowl.com/goblinrevol ... php?ID=328

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name:Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Matt

Re: What songs do you think will be good in the move?

Postby Matt » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:50 pm

Ok, I'll move it...

I reckon they should get "Artemis" by Michael Londra in there somewhere... there were rumours that the song would snake its way onto the soundtrack.

hollys_fan
Swear Toad

Postby hollys_fan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:53 am

I think they should put in "Faint" by Linkin Park when introducing Holly into the movie.
I miss Commander Root *falls to knees and sobs*

*To Artemis*"Good cop-bad cop! Hate to tell you this,Dorothy, but you ain't in Kansas anymore."- Commander Root*sniffs*

Jelly1029
Gremlin

Postby Jelly1029 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:17 pm

I found a bunch of songs, but you don't have to agree with me.

* Anthem, Part Two; Blink 182 : When it seems to the reader/viewer that Artemis's plan is unraveling.

* Oh My God; Kaiser Chiefs : When Butler is single handedly taking out a troupe of officers.

* Nice Guys Finish Last; Green Day : This could work for any place where Artemis proves he is four steps ahead of the People.

* These Walls; Teddy Geiger : This one would only be for the first verse, for the same reason as Anthem, Part Two.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

These I found would be good for the third book.

* You What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison; My Chemical Romance : At the meeting between Spiro and Artemis, when everyone pulls out a gun.

* How To Save A Life; The Fray : After Butler is shot.

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:08 am

I don't think any pop songs would really suit the movie all that well... It's too much of a children's book already, and having pop songs in the soundtrack would just make it seem kind of silly. I'm hoping for a mainly instrumental soundtrack, though having Michael Londra's song wouldn't be bad either - it's not mainstream, and of course the lyrics would match the movie perfectly. XD
(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, don't talk to me till you've clicked this.)

XOLEPsFirstOX
Commander

Postby XOLEPsFirstOX » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:29 am

I never imagined Artemis Fowl with pop or rock songs either, I always thought they would make it instrumental. Like Diana said, putting pop songs in it would make it silly. Artemis Fowl would go great with some amazing pieces of composition. Pop songs obviously don't go with Artemis's character, that would sort of take away the seriousness and the "tone" of the story.
Last edited by XOLEPsFirstOX on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The pain goes away....the pride stays"
Thanx to Imm for my sig!

Original pic provided by the genius of MASTER I, ain't it beautiful?

IMMORTAL is a pathological liar that also suffers from DD and Narcassist disorder among other mental illnesses, stay away if you care for YOUR health.

Avatar provided by master of graphics Voldy, art can be see here: http://forum.artemis-fowl.com/viewtopic ... &start=135

*littlelove*
Gremlin

Postby *littlelove* » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:01 am

Yeah I agree with the people who think there should be no songs.XD I think it should be basically an instrumental if they want music. But not like Mozart. Nope, more like spy music or like the kind of high-tech music that makes you feel sneaky.XD
I can't hear the music..
I can't hold on anymore...
I can't see the light...
I don't understand the meaning of love anymore...
Do I give up?

My favorite smilie: XD

Apollo_au
Sprite

Postby Apollo_au » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:39 am

at the risk of sounding old. Why not I still haven't found what I am looking for by U2. (yes i know Butler said that would suit Artemis in the Fowl Files but hey!)
ImageImage
Hey Isn't Artemis a girls name?...Oh wait Apollo is a guys name....I'll get back to you on that one.

MASTER I
Council Member

Postby MASTER I » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:58 am

I agree with no pop songs, especially the mainstream ones. It would be like trying to fit pop songs into Harry Potter. Wouldn't work 'tall. Instrumental soundtracks would be nice..
"My tongue will tell the anger of my heart or else my heart concealing it will break and rather than it shall, I will be free even to the uttermost, as I please, in words."

"Talk not to me: I will go sit and weep
Till I can find occasion of revenge."

Sydney Fowl
Centaur

Postby Sydney Fowl » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:00 am

Like at the end of Eragon, they played an Avril Lavigne song and it drove me crazy, just because it was in a fantasy story. AF, though could work with some of these songs.
“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”-Chuck Palahniuk

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:59 am

I think they should commission John Williams to do a song XD. Instrumentals would be better I think; mainly high tech suspense music...

raped by immortal and then sprinkled with love from kitty (:
you dare rape my sig?! o: i'ma gonna find out who did that. *kidnaps sig*

*raped with kisses and love from kitty again* ;)

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:28 pm

I think they should commission John Williams to do a song XD. Instrumentals would be better I think; mainly high tech suspense music...

Hmm... not sure about Williams. I'm a huge fan of his stuff, but he's got a very... noticeable style. I kinda got bored after seeing Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter... I'm telling you, I heard a vague allusion to Star Wars in Harry Potter! And a motif that was very Indy in style. :P

Though I guess that's a "flaw" in major movie soundtrack composers...

Hans Zimmer is pretty good, I guess. Or maybe it's because I haven't seen enough movies he composed for.

I agree with having instrumentals. I personally don't like it when pop songs go into movies... I can see some places where it'd work out, but definitely not for Artemis Fowl.
Image Image
My Artemis Fowl game: Part One | Part Two | Part Three

MASTER I
Council Member

Postby MASTER I » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:49 pm

Hans Zimmer is pretty good, I guess. Or maybe it's because I haven't seen enough movies he composed for.

Hans Zimmer is really good from the few OSTs I've listened to that he composed..

Heh, another John Williams.. That way you can play it as a class arrangement in Music! Just like we did with Hedwig's Theme, Jaws and Star Wars.
Hmm, high tech suspense instrumental music? I guess it would be hard to compose something to fit Artemis Fowl because AF could really fit into a couple of genres and each soundtrack would have to reflect on these scenes.
"My tongue will tell the anger of my heart or else my heart concealing it will break and rather than it shall, I will be free even to the uttermost, as I please, in words."

"Talk not to me: I will go sit and weep
Till I can find occasion of revenge."

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:01 am

I think they should deffenetly stick some Celtic music in there somewhere.
I am the Queeking and Founder of the Knights of the Invisible Table!
If you would like to join the Knights of the Invisible table please go
here.

titanomega
Mud Man

Postby titanomega » Sun May 20, 2007 5:28 pm

Well anime movies and series generally have very good OST's and background scores so something like that would be more suited for this.They could look for one of the better composers from Japan for the music. If the musics going to be pop and all then even the few adults that might be inclined to see it won't and it would make it really kiddish which it is not.
Quantum Singularity: Its like a black hole but has a cooler name

Return to “The Movie”