What songs do you think will be good in the move?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name:Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Hot_N_Spicy
Location:On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.
Re: What songs do you think will be good in the move?

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:20 am

definitely Eyes on Fire
its sounds awesome and the lyrics remind me of Artemis so much with the whole "Felling my foes with my gaze" thing

heres a link to the lyrics of "Eyes on Fire" by Blue Foundation
http://www.elyricsworld.com/eyes_on_fir ... ation.html
[spoiler]At Sunday Mass four Catholic mothers were chatting amiably.
The first Catholic woman tells her friends "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him "Father."
The second Catholic woman chirps, "My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, people call him, "Your Grace."
The third Catholic mother says, "My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, "Your Eminence."
The fourth Catholic woman stays quiet , the first three women give her this subtle, "Well?"
So she replies, "My son is a gorgeous, 6' 2", hard-bodied dancer. When he walks into a room, people say, "Oh my God!"
[/spoiler]
OMG! CLICK ON THE SPOILER TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE AFCER I RAN INTO IN THE PARK!!! OUT SIDE THE INTERNET!!!

I think his expression shows he is thinking philosophical thoughts.
[spoiler]ITS OPTIGUY!
Image[/spoiler]

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name:KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Kelsey Rain

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:07 am

I think Hallelujah - Vitamin String Quartet would be gorgeous (:

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Location:On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:47 am

ZOMFG! THAT IS FREAKY! IM LISTENING TO THAT RIGHT NOW AND I COME HERE AND YOUR RECOMMENDING IT FOR THE MOVIE!

weeeeeiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrd

anyway vitamin string quartet i hadnt thought of it whatabout smells like teen spirit by Apocalyptica same thing as vitamin string but well better

i think that title mathces too although that doesnt really matter but it has the right theme heres a youtube video of it
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=95JrtCIKkXc

by right theme i mean sort of fast paced serious and not to "rock" like it also has alternating moments of "sweet yet sad" and "angry yet happy" bits in it that i just reallly do think are right
The first Catholic woman tells her friends "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him "Father."
The second Catholic woman chirps, "My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, people call him, "Your Grace."
The third Catholic mother says, "My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, "Your Eminence."
The fourth Catholic woman stays quiet , the first three women give her this subtle, "Well?"
So she replies, "My son is a gorgeous, 6' 2", hard-bodied dancer. When he walks into a room, people say, "Oh my God!"
[/spoiler]
OMG! CLICK ON THE SPOILER TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE AFCER I RAN INTO IN THE PARK!!! OUT SIDE THE INTERNET!!!

[spoiler]ITS OPTIGUY!
Image[/spoiler]

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:09 am

I'm psychic, duh. I have a sixth sense (:

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:12 pm

i really want clair de lune to play when arty and the gang drink the sedatives or beethovens seventh but played with more force and more passion than it is usually played and schindlers list theme should be the main theme preferably played by Itzhak Perlman he plays it the best i think although i think itll proabbly be copyrighted

and id really love it if they somehow managed to squeeze in O Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, Danc eof the Sugar Plum Fairy and Adagio for Strings and Organ in G Minor by Vivaldi
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]ITS OPTIGUY!
Image[/spoiler]

Darksunrise
Cave Troll

Postby Darksunrise » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 pm

I'd say some softer Metallica,
like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LihCeR-DoNs
or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlhmigaacJc
stuff with an Orchestra in it...

NO! MINUS HUMAN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pU1GRbzVMI
' skin my sences' is on eof the lines, and Artemis doesn't let his feelings show... often.lol
People are talking about Metallica as if their NOT gods... surely thats a crime?

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:35 pm

I think.....if they ever made the 5th book into a movie...since they're in France for a while, and Minerva and the whole deal.....they should play "Je Veux Te Voir" SOMEWHERE. hahaha, this song wants to make you get up and DANCE (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsrN3qxX2Yw

Witty name here
Atlantean

Postby Witty name here » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:33 pm

I agree with the consensus that it should be mainly instrumental. The songs that aren't orchestra songs should definitely NOT be mainstream, it should be rock of the more obscure kind. Wintersleep, for instance. Some of their songs could fit in rather nicely, though the vocals might better be omitted in some cases, I don't know... I love them, though, and it would be great to hear them in the AF movie. But they better pick the right song, because some of their songs would probably not fit at all.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - Douglas Adams.

N33b
Cave Troll

Postby N33b » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm

i think that a lot of the music should be instrumental. but i know of plenty of great songs that would fit with this movie from the band Rise Against. like "the strength to go on" "the dirt whispered" i think that would be a good one for holly. and if they keep the part in the book where he captures holly in the mansion the song "entertainment" would be an excellent song for that situation. i think "paper wings" and "blood to bleed" would be good for the movie as well. "to them these streets belong would be good as well" i just overall think that this is a band they should pick up for the movie. they could do so much. but instrumental music would be a very good choice too.
*sings* this is love, this is fate, this is all ive grown to hate.
(guitar part)
the fear inside is growing not knowing when to break. these precious memories always fade away in me.

*excerpt from a song i wrote.* still need music to it tho i only have lyrics so far.

N33b

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Requiem for a Dream. It's more of a "war-type-LOTR-Zelda" song, but its amazing. (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ma4BvMUwU

N33b
Cave Troll

Postby N33b » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:53 am

omg how did i not think of that song. that would be a great one for it.
(guitar part)
the fear inside is growing not knowing when to break. these precious memories always fade away in me.

*excerpt from a song i wrote.* still need music to it tho i only have lyrics so far.

N33b

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Clint Mansell should compose the music in AF. Done. Said. He'd be amazing. I also think certain Imogen Heap songs would be great too (:

N33b
Cave Troll

Postby N33b » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:51 am

a great song for holly would be "good times roll" its originally by the cars but i think the version by powerman 5000 would sound better. i just think it kinda fits her personality a bit. just my opinion though. lol.
(guitar part)

N33b

Cat Moon
Commander
Location:HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Maybe you could have instrumentals for the Fowl Manor parts - sort of subdued Mozart an Beethoven - and then 'New Divide' type action mainstreamers for the bits with action and fighting - like the troll etc.

And that song by Franz Ferdinand - I can't remember what it's called but it goes
It's not a competition but I'm winning
At least I thought I was, but there's no way of knowing...

That would really suit the bits where the fairies are trying to outwit Artemis but he's always one step ahead...
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Mrs Opal Fowl
Elf
Real First Name:Erika

Postby Mrs Opal Fowl » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:58 pm

A new song, definitely!!!

And since Rihanna isn't going to avail for Holly's spot, I think she could sing us a track! Avril too-- better!

They could both sing there!!! :drooling !

Return to “The Movie”