Artemis Fowls Actor!

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Winter
Pixie

Re: Artemis Fowls Actor!

Postby Winter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:40 am

yeah, he's gay, and plays a gay character, but he can act straight too. In fact, he is an AMAZING actor. He probably has the best acting skills I've ever seen in an actor his age. I mean, he can cry on cue. In his scenes, you can actually watch the emotion on his face an the tears build, without any cuts. It's like, whoa. I can't get over how amazing his acting is.

Granted, he hasn't really played anyone except Kurt (angsty gay teen), and Artemis isn't as emotional as Kurt. But Chris isn't as 'stereotypically gay' as Kurt, and I reckon he could easily play a straight character >w<.

Kurt is a really emotional character, so it's hard to find scenes where he's not showing emotion, like Artemis would (wouldn't?), but he's done some pretty dark scenes in Glee. And he pretends to be straight and makes out with a girl in one episode, and pulls the straight chemistry off really well, so Artemis/Holly shippers wouldn't have to worry.

BUT ANYWAY, he would be perfect if he wasn't 20 >w<. He plays a 17 yr old though, and could possibly pass as a 15 yr old. And he totes has the face and pull the cold expressions off :3
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
DeviantART | Twitter | Before I Die
(A/H fanfic)

fictionfreak
Cave Troll

Postby fictionfreak » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Highmore as Artemis Fowl. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! seriously, does anyone else think that casting highmore as fowl is just plain WRONG! like as a pixie, yes, mabye even as one of the twins from opal deception, but Fowl! im in shock, somebody please tell me that this is some kind of perverse joke :(

jazza
Cave Troll
Real First Name: Jarred DENNY

Postby jazza » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:41 am

Thats sweet i think he can pull it off to

if this guy pulls it off as good as we think he will. they better make another movie or ill go insane :lick:

jazza
Cave Troll
Real First Name: Jarred DENNY

Postby jazza » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:27 pm

The one thing that im wondering is who will play the big a brutish butler in the new artemis fowl movie :lick:

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:42 am

If Freddy Highmore is Artemis Fowl I am NEVER watching the movie! He'd be totally and completely wrong!! I mean, come on, he's this sweet little guy with a slurred little English accent? come ON!! I am soooooo mad. That is without doubt the WORST choice these people could have made!! I hope hope HOPE that this is just a Wiki gone wacky and not an absolute fact. I mean, in the 2011 interview by Eoin Colfer he didn't give anything away about FH . . . Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!
I personally think they should cast the guy who played Edmond from Narnia - Skandar someone or other. I think he'd be a very good Artemis Fowl because he's got the dark hair and the pale skin and that aristocratic, weasly, spoiled brat look.

[/center]
Them, we liked

Art_Heist
Cave Troll

Postby Art_Heist » Sat May 21, 2011 9:25 pm

I've got this friend that can look extremely evil and Fowly like. How do you add a picture? HELP ME!!!

AFFan.lollipop
Pixie
Real First Name: Elizabeth

Postby AFFan.lollipop » Wed May 25, 2011 10:34 pm

I choked on my meatloaf *yuck btw* when I read about Freddie. I guess Aiden (I spelled that wrong) would be good IF HE WASN'T 17!!!! Edmund would be good...Errrrr!!!!! I just checked! He's 19!!! Oh D'ARVIT!
Don't blink.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more of a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.... Stuff."

I have a lot of fandoms.
Spoiler:
Doctor Who, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Elementary, Torchwood, Starkid, and Homestuck are some of them.

I'm loosing it. I lost it. Maddie ate it.

Mandalf The Beige
Cave Troll

Postby Mandalf The Beige » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:05 pm

For Artemis, I suggest they get Jude Wright.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4643221/

If you'd like to see him in action, he is currently starring in the British tv show Spy, which is available on hulu. The character he plays is essentially Artemis in terms of intelligence and personality. He's a wonderful actor, and I think he'd play a great Artemis.

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Mandalf The Beige wrote:For Artemis, I suggest they get Jude Wright.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4643221/

If you'd like to see him in action, he is currently starring in the British tv show Spy, which is available on hulu. The character he plays is essentially Artemis in terms of intelligence and personality. He's a wonderful actor, and I think he'd play a great Artemis.

He's the first kid I've seen who could play Artemis whose also young enough. :) How old is he?

I saw this kid in The Thief Lord and thought he'd be perfect. Except he's like 20 right now. :laughing:
His name is Lewis Crutch. Sorry the picture is kind of blurred. :(
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:51 pm

I know the perfect actor! The guy who played young Tom Riddle in one of the HP movies- he's a perfect actor for the part, has the looks too, and... is probably too old. :(

Mandalf The Beige
Cave Troll

Postby Mandalf The Beige » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:27 am

@Merv Simestra

In the show he plays a 9 year old kid, and I've heard his age is somewhere between 9-11, although I've yet to see a birthdate. Either way, he's the only actor I've seen who's not only young enough, but also talented enough to play Artemis. In one of the episodes of Spy, they do a parody of the Godfather, with him (Jude Wright's character) playing the Godfather. When I saw that episode it just clicked: this kid is destined to play Artemis 8).

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Alice

Postby AliceFowl » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:19 pm

I am too scared to even think about it. He'll be perfect or completely butcher it. We will just...have to see...
Alice

Cosplayer. Shinigami. Some know me as the Shiki.

AFFan.lollipop
Pixie
Real First Name: Elizabeth

Postby AFFan.lollipop » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Have you guys noticed people are saying things like "Harry Potter will never be over" and "We are the Potter generation"? Well, we are the "We're never going to get a movie" generation.
Don't blink.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more of a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.... Stuff."

I have a lot of fandoms.
Spoiler:
Doctor Who, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Elementary, Torchwood, Starkid, and Homestuck are some of them.

I'm loosing it. I lost it. Maddie ate it.

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Don't say that! We will get a movie, whether the fanmade one on deviantArt or the official one comes first.

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Yeah, we'll get a movie. I'll be taking my kids and nieces and nephews to see it. ;)
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Return to “The Movie”