Artemis Fowl Video Game

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!

Do You demand a game

Yes i'd love one
69%
I dont really care
13%
Dont play games much anyway
8%
no an Artemis Fowl game is a bad idea
11%

Total votes: 112

Venom Wolf
Pixie

Re: Artemis Fowl Video Game

Postby Venom Wolf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Thelesserfowl wrote:Well, what if they made a game that was set in Artemis fowl but you creacted your own character that went around doing random stuff. The concept would be better for MMORPG but it would make a game more interesting, like you could assasinate everybody or drop a nuke, something like that. Like choose your own path to solve the problem.

The other books would be more FPS for some parts though and those parts I look forward too. Kill KIll Kill. Espcially with the awesome neutrino weapons.

I think if the setting was in Haven City, with occasional missions on the surface, would be better rather then a full blown adaptation of AF. As in, you could be a rookie fairy, working your way up LEPrecon.

Or - GTA: Haven City!

diesector21
Centaur
Real First Name: Henry

Postby diesector21 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:10 am

Venom Wolf wrote:
Thelesserfowl wrote:Well, what if they made a game that was set in Artemis fowl but you creacted your own character that went around doing random stuff. The concept would be better for MMORPG but it would make a game more interesting, like you could assasinate everybody or drop a nuke, something like that. Like choose your own path to solve the problem.

The other books would be more FPS for some parts though and those parts I look forward too. Kill KIll Kill. Espcially with the awesome neutrino weapons.

I think if the setting was in Haven City, with occasional missions on the surface, would be better rather then a full blown adaptation of AF. As in, you could be a rookie fairy, working your way up LEPrecon.

Or - GTA: Haven City!

...the thing is, nindra's already made something similar. It's called Haven City Stores. If in any way Artemis Fowl will have a semi-decent video game, it's going to be like HCS. Nothing else.

:lick:

If you wanna find me more often, go here. But don't bump the thread.

Thelesserfowl
Cave Troll

Postby Thelesserfowl » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:05 am

I know what would be the best, untold stories of haven city. like what about the wars with the humans mentioned in the fifth book. like you could do something like republic commandos or swbf2 or even bfme2 to kill people and choose your faction. that would be neat.

Also they could make a game about the future or the past.

diesector21
Centaur
Real First Name: Henry

Postby diesector21 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:13 am

Basically, any Artemis Fowl game would have to be AU (alternate universe) in some sort of way. It's impossible to make a decent game that's 100% canon.

If you wanna find me more often, go here. But don't bump the thread.

Thelesserfowl
Cave Troll

Postby Thelesserfowl » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:37 am

I know they can't make canon but as long as Colfer told them what they did wrong the game might turn out all right. It'd be nice if they made it like shadows of angmar or star wars galaxies with awesome graphics and realtime fighting. It'd be awesome.

ethdude
Cave Troll

Postby ethdude » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:59 pm

I don't care what you may say, I'd love a video game for Artemis Fowl. If you are one of those who think otherwise, D'arvit to you :laughing:

Arty1995
Centaur

Postby Arty1995 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:00 pm

I'd play it, if the company that made the game was Tripwire, VALVe, GEARBOX, and/or another company that can make really good games.

If it turned out to be REAL cartoonish, i'd be greatly disappointed.
Eternity Awards - Strangest member, 2010, 2011
Eternity Awards - Most Changed member, 2011
Eternity Awards - Looovers <3 [DATA EXPUNGED], Conquer the world! 2012

hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name: Jess :P

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Yes I would definitly play it, but the graphics would have to be good or dare i say, i'd probably feel stupid playing it XD.. Graphics like final fantasy 13 would be great, and if eion helped write the storyline that would be brillient.. How good would it be if the story varied from the books? like if certain things were the same like the basic plot, but if extra things happened then it would be like a series of official short stories.. meh probs wont happen -- i wonder how much it would cost to develop anyway..
We all have a dark side...

Spoiler:
That awkward moment when someone says "hi" to you, and you reply with "I'm good"... -_-

That shite moment in an argument when you realise you are wrong...

That awesome moment when the teacher asks you a question, thinking you weren't being attentive. Then you answer it right, it's like "What now! WIN!!!"

That depressing moment when your mum scribbles on the award your school gave you in congratulations for all your hard work, just to get her stupid pen to work D':

But you love me XD

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:40 pm

I do NOT play video games. I am against them. However, if I were to get my hands on a good Artemis Fowl video game I would abandon all my more academic pasttimes and melt my brain with glee while I wore my thumbs out on a game console . . .

[/center]
Them, we liked

aussiechick
Atlantean
Real First Name: Jasmine
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aussiechick

Postby aussiechick » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:54 am

I just hope it is actully like the book and doesent leave all the good bits out, like in some other games. And it looks good, not like with really visible pixels that look just like colored squares. :excited:
:eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

ProudToBeElfin
Cave Troll

Postby ProudToBeElfin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 pm

There Already IS an AF Video game... But it isnt a game its just the first 6 book on a nintendo ds game. And its not even avalible in the us as far aa i know. A REAL game would sooo awesoen

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:36 am

I'd like a game but only if:
- You could pick a character to play as
- If you played as Artemis you could make strategic decisions
- You could fly (if you're Holly)
- The animation is good

elf_with_attitude
Cereal Killer
Real First Name: Holly
Location: You know that little voice in the back of your head telling you to kill people? Yeah...

Postby elf_with_attitude » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 am

I think a video game would be cool. especially a puzzle one.
This is to be our final transmission
The rebels have defeated our illustrious armies
They have damaged our intention of ugly and defiant malevolence
All that we love and care for will sink
Into the abyss of a new dark age
Made more sinister
And perhaps more protracted
By the light of perverted science and rebellion
The whole root and heavy core
Will perish in starving captivity
You will never win your freedom
You cannot escape... F.E.A.R.

artytwin
Commander
Real First Name: Fatima

Postby artytwin » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:27 am

i think they should make a bunch of questions about the book. see if ur truly and AF fan!

Return to “The Movie”