Artemis Fowl Video Game

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!

Do You demand a game

Yes i'd love one
69%
I dont really care
13%
Dont play games much anyway
8%
no an Artemis Fowl game is a bad idea
11%

Total votes: 112

all_american_girl
Mud Man

Re: Artemis Fowl Video Game

Postby all_american_girl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:04 am

Amen to that! It better not be cheesy, or anything like that. And it better at least follow the movie, unlike several video games based on movies I've seen.
Shigure:High school girls! 1 2 3! High School Girls! All for me!
Shigure: So, anyway, I was wondering if you could stop by the house and take a look at Tohrus cut. That is, if it isnt a problem.
Hatori : No problem. Ill stop by the house this evening.
Shigure: Hmmm? What s this, Hatori? I don t think I ever heard you sound so eager to come over. Could it be you have a secret crush on Tohru?
[Silence]
Shigure: I knew it! You naughty, naughty man, you!
Hatori: No, I was simply too amazed by your stupidity to say anything.

Motoko: You're a worthy opponent Hatsuharu Sohma, but still... YOUR HAIR IS UNACCEPTABLE AND YOULL NEVER CONVINCE ME THATS YOUR NATURAL COLOR!
Haru drags Motoko into the bathroom
5 seconds later
Motoko: The evidence is irrefutable. There are things in this world I have yet to understand.

Mad Hatter: There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am.

troubleholly4ever
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: Tyler
Location: Reading, playing music, listening to music, skateboarding.

Postby troubleholly4ever » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:19 am

Ich! That would suck in my opinon.....ewwwww! I dont even like the idea of a movie!!!! :thumbsdown:
---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

"Mamma used to say life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get." Forrest Gump.

"Be the Change you wish to see in the world." Gahndi.

"I believe in music, like some people believe in fairy tales."

ImageImageImageImage

newnar2004
Atlantean
Real First Name: Zhou

Postby newnar2004 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:23 am

I want an AF MMORPG(massive mutiplayer online role-playing game), like WOW or maplestory or Cabal. Where you could choose races and jobs and PK.
GUIDE TO THE UNIVERSE
LANGUAGE>>>>>MATHEMATICS
RULES>>>>>SCIENCE

AsImOv rOx!!!
NeWtOn rOx!!!
EoIn CoLfEr rOx!!!

all_american_girl
Mud Man

Postby all_american_girl » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:53 pm

The very least they could do is make it have fantastic graphics. PLEASE let it have good graphics......
Shigure:High school girls! 1 2 3! High School Girls! All for me!
Shigure: So, anyway, I was wondering if you could stop by the house and take a look at Tohrus cut. That is, if it isnt a problem.
Hatori : No problem. Ill stop by the house this evening.
Shigure: Hmmm? What s this, Hatori? I don t think I ever heard you sound so eager to come over. Could it be you have a secret crush on Tohru?
[Silence]
Shigure: I knew it! You naughty, naughty man, you!
Hatori: No, I was simply too amazed by your stupidity to say anything.

Motoko: You're a worthy opponent Hatsuharu Sohma, but still... YOUR HAIR IS UNACCEPTABLE AND YOULL NEVER CONVINCE ME THATS YOUR NATURAL COLOR!
Haru drags Motoko into the bathroom
5 seconds later
Motoko: The evidence is irrefutable. There are things in this world I have yet to understand.

Mad Hatter: There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am.

Magerine2
Atlantean
Real First Name: Maggie

Postby Magerine2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:28 am

I honestly don't know how an AF video game would turn out... But it would be fun to fight as Butler! "Before we get into anything, ladies, no scratching no spitting... and no tattling to mommy." lolz I totally laughed my guts out when I first read that. :laughing: YAYZ FOR BUTLER!!! :shiny:

But u guyz are right... Normally the after-the-movie-video-game sucks really bad... :( But, being the insane Arty fan I am, I'd probably be forced to buy it anyway.
I do believe in Fowls! I do! I do!

THERE ARE TOO MANY AMAZING ARTEMIS FOWL QUOTES TO FIT ON THIS PAGE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
... Well that just sucks.

"One more step and it'll be your last. No hugs!" ~Major John Casey: NSA Assassin -Chuck

cam_LEP_girl
Goblin
Real First Name: Camilla

Postby cam_LEP_girl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:56 pm

It'd be my first videogame...i've never played.
But i like AF too much, so W AF videogame!!

Do you think it would be easier on WII?
Commander Julius Root's fan -you'll never die in my mind!
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

diesector21
Centaur
Real First Name: Henry

Postby diesector21 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:44 am

There is absolutely no way that I'd want an AF video game. Even though I'm a devout fan, I know what a good idea for a video game is and what isn't.

Artemis Fowl, as much 'action' there is, does not have enough depth within those 'action' moments to provide a decent playthrough. Having AF as a RPG would pretty much be completely stupid, mostly because you'll be hopping between characters as the scenes change, and the book is too short for a decent storyline for video games. Something like the troll scenario took mere minutes, and that's pretty much the most intense action in the entire book. RPGs and Adventure games are supposed to last for anywhere between 50 and 130 hours to fully complete (the 50 hour mark is pushing it).

Really, the only way to have a somewhat decent AF video game is to bind the first two or three books together into a single video game. And the bind could cause continuity problems with the players, because it's going to feel more like three mini-games than one actual full game.

Spoiler:
...gawd, did I sound too much like a video game critic?

If you wanna find me more often, go here. But don't bump the thread.

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name: Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Hot_N_Spicy
Location: On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:59 pm

but mind you fable 2 is an rpg and if you jsut go through it as fast as you can just doing the main storyline and nothing else it only takes about 20 hours and it sold the msot copies in october 2008 the month it was released on xbox 360

mind you it was a very highly anticipated game and im quite surprised more people werent dissapointed considering all the hype about it just like how so many people were angry that Breaking Dawn was just Dracula, High School Musical, Van Helsing, Mean Girls and Phantom of the Opera chucked in a blender and stitched up again using vampire orgies, mary-stus/gary-stus and stupid blonde jokes
Spoiler:
At Sunday Mass four Catholic mothers were chatting amiably.
The first Catholic woman tells her friends "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him "Father."
The second Catholic woman chirps, "My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, people call him, "Your Grace."
The third Catholic mother says, "My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, "Your Eminence."
The fourth Catholic woman stays quiet , the first three women give her this subtle, "Well?"
So she replies, "My son is a gorgeous, 6' 2", hard-bodied dancer. When he walks into a room, people say, "Oh my God!"

OMG! CLICK ON THE SPOILER TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE AFCER I RAN INTO IN THE PARK!!! OUT SIDE THE INTERNET!!!

I think his expression shows he is thinking philosophical thoughts.
Spoiler:
ITS OPTIGUY!

diesector21
Centaur

Postby diesector21 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:02 am

Hot_N_Spicy wrote:but mind you fable 2 is an rpg and if you jsut go through it as fast as you can just doing the main storyline and nothing else it only takes about 20 hours and it sold the msot copies in october 2008 the month it was released on xbox 360

mind you it was a very highly anticipated game and im quite surprised more people werent dissapointed considering all the hype about it just like how so many people were angry that Breaking Dawn was just Dracula, High School Musical, Van Helsing, Mean Girls and Phantom of the Opera chucked in a blender and stitched up again using vampire orgies, mary-stus/gary-stus and stupid blonde jokes

...Try comparing the likes of the Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Megami Tensei series to Fable II. Then come back to me. I'm not saying a short RPG is a bad one, but the more critically acclaimed RPGs were extremely deep with multitudes of story paths, which took many hours.

Thelesserfowl
Cave Troll

Postby Thelesserfowl » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:32 pm

It should be like rpg but like as artemis you have to walk through fowl manor and do small tasks like do this on the laptop, go talk to butler, talk to the prisoner ETC. Holly would have to fly while avoiding buildings and what not and collect items to escape. Butler should do all combat in third person so you are used to fighting the troll. That would make things better. the artic incident would have a massive fight so it would be better but still i have an idea.

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name: Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Hot_N_Spicy
Location: On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:34 am

diesector21 wrote:
Hot_N_Spicy wrote:but mind you fable 2 is an rpg and if you jsut go through it as fast as you can just doing the main storyline and nothing else it only takes about 20 hours and it sold the msot copies in october 2008 the month it was released on xbox 360

...Try comparing the likes of the Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Megami Tensei series to Fable II. Then come back to me. I'm not saying a short RPG is a bad one, but the more critically acclaimed RPGs were extremely deep with multitudes of story paths, which took many hours.

i never said itd be better than fable 2 or even as good as i dont expect that ive never played fable 2 but from what ive seen of it it seems exciting to me i was simply trying to prove that short rpgs can be good.

for the af game id say theyd have to stretch it out a lot add a lot of minigames like youd have to make sure that the sprite in ho chi minh city doesnt snatch the wine away or spot the difference between the other waiters and Nguyen xuan
Spoiler:
At Sunday Mass four Catholic mothers were chatting amiably.
The first Catholic woman tells her friends "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him "Father."
The second Catholic woman chirps, "My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, people call him, "Your Grace."
The third Catholic mother says, "My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, "Your Eminence."
The fourth Catholic woman stays quiet , the first three women give her this subtle, "Well?"
So she replies, "My son is a gorgeous, 6' 2", hard-bodied dancer. When he walks into a room, people say, "Oh my God!"

OMG! CLICK ON THE SPOILER TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE AFCER I RAN INTO IN THE PARK!!! OUT SIDE THE INTERNET!!!

I think his expression shows he is thinking philosophical thoughts.
Spoiler:
ITS OPTIGUY!

Thelesserfowl
Cave Troll

Postby Thelesserfowl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:56 am

Fable 2 has abused me too much when a friend overused a rude gesture but I agree with you about the mini-games, they would have to be there to make the game good but think about the other books. they would make good games i think

diesector21
Centaur

Postby diesector21 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:10 pm

...but a bunch of minigames wouldn't be good for something like this. It's Artemis Fowl, not WarioWare Inc.

Thelesserfowl
Cave Troll

Postby Thelesserfowl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:13 am

Well, what if they made a game that was set in Artemis fowl but you creacted your own character that went around doing random stuff. The concept would be better for MMORPG but it would make a game more interesting, like you could assasinate everybody or drop a nuke, something like that. Like choose your own path to solve the problem.

The other books would be more FPS for some parts though and those parts I look forward too. Kill KIll Kill. Espcially with the awesome neutrino weapons.

jaclyngirl713
Gremlin

Postby jaclyngirl713 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:27 pm

I think for some scenes, they could do something like what they did with Metroids, with the gun on one side of the screen, and similar gameplay. They could do awesome stuff too with the Wii though....

Return to “The Movie”