Artemis Fowl anime?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!

Would you like Artemis Fowl as an anime series?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 160

Tenzen12
Pixie

Re: Artemis Fowl anime?

Postby Tenzen12 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:37 pm

lotrfan wrote:
@Tenzen - What X-men thing are you talking about? That's odd that an X-men cartoon would be made in Japanese, but if it's true, I guess it would be ok for AF to be Japanese made. But it wouldn't have to be, because there are anime-style cartoons made in the US (or UK, Idk).

It is true curently there are four colaboration between Marvel (real authors are in too)and Madhause studio which are (chronologicaly):
Iron man, Wolverine, X men, and now is aired third episode of Blade. All are voiced by japanese Seyuu (voice actors), voices remain same (cameos staring) though every show have diferent character design. All also more or less acurately describe "real" in marvel events that taked place in japan (I did little research but not enough to say how much acurate they are). Best IMO are so far X men.

It doesn't seem there are plans for export (and dub)for now.

And thank you for admiting that posibility, Personaly I found be Anime most suited for AF action and dialogs).
Spot light steeling squad
Spoiler:
Criminal: Who are you guys!?
Tiger: You mean us? We're-
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
Tiger: ...What she said.
—Tiger and Bunny

Wolverine: Stay on topic, bub! This movie's about me!
Rorschach: Weren't all the X-Men movies about you?
— I'm A Marvel... And I'm A DC: Wolverine and Watchmen

Heroic Blue screen of Death
Spoiler:
Artemis: I don't like lollipops...

Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Egon: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
—Ghostbusters

Antonio: Hey, Blue Rose, help us out!
Karina(Blue Rose): Daughter... Wife... Haha. Hahaha... *eye twitch*
Antonio: It's no use! We broke her!
—Tiger and Bunny (get know her crush better... he is widower, though)

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Huh. ok. Interesting.

Well maybe they could work in collaboration. As in, the storyboards and actual animation are made in Japan, but then worked with English voice actors for it to be immediately accessible in English, but they could have Japanese voice actors too.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Dual dub from very begening sound fair to me. But if that happened it would be first of its kind. That there ever will be AF Anime is possible (unfortunetely not likely for now )but if that ever happened it will be probably in japanese first and anglish several years later if ever. That is how it work. (which is conventional to me, cause I can download any subed anime freely without being Pirate)
Spoiler:
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Yeah, I doubt they'll ever do it too what with their supposed plans to make a live action movie. But since that would be most preferred by everyone, and they've made zero progress on that, there's little chance they'll make any progress anywhere else.

I wouldn't really mind if it was subbed first anyway. Just as long as it was there in general, with plans to be dubbed.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:53 pm

I think there were this conversation before somewhere (not sure though). Anyway after this conversation I tried look on my most favourite anime dubed. Some character were good, but others lost edge, it weren't just that I weren't used to, but also that dub changed character itself. In case of AF there would be less danger of it, but just in case they would choose voice actors based on book.

One more unrelated thing, I wholeheartly recommend curently aired anime Tiger and Bunny, It is funny, epic with realy realy realy loveable characters especialy adorkable main character who seems to be most popular one in last several years. Try it for me (it isn't dubed yet I think, but pls bear with it :laughing: ). It is so good I am doing this commercional for it....
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:15 pm

That's kind of weird that a dubbed version would change the character's personality (or characteristics). In those cases, it's probably better to just watch a subbed version, but I doubt that would happen with AF, just because it's original characterizations were in English.

And, haha, I'll look it up. I don't mind subbed. What's it about?
ImageImage Image

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:55 pm

I found this change of characters in many others work as well. It isn't unusual. If there will be AF anime anywhere you will be able say if the get dub well or not (cause books), if not look on sub (and after that it can happen that they didn't done it well here too, that is prices for adaptation sometime :crying:.

Tiger and Bunny is somehow subversion of American super hero shows (It is both parody and serious). Here heroes are employees of compenies, bear logos of their sponsors and compete in reality show to catch criminals but in inside most of them still think about saving people as first priority anyway. Main character hot blooded and idealistic middle aged man get paired unwilingly as sidekick of younger cold and arogant newbie. Hatred on first sight. There is many shout outs on clasic super hero shows (including even Incredibles). From several reasons all demographic (girls, boys, adult men/women) love it.

Name is from main characters Kotetsu (aka Wild tiger) and Barnaby (using real name but get nicknamed by tiger like that which he realy hate). Look at my sign (both) and there are some screenshots for you http://www.zerochan.net/Tiger+%26+Bunny,Screenshot
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Ok, cool, thanks! It sounds interesting. I'll put it on my list! :D
ImageImage Image

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 pm

later tell me if you liked it :laughing:, also it has stingers so if you watch it don't forget them (are usefull see)
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:43 pm

I definitely will! :D

:huh2: Wait...Stingers? What are those?
ImageImage Image

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 pm

It is scene used after ending credits. It is common in animated comedies and horrors.
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Oh. Ok, gotcha. Thanks! :laughing:
ImageImage Image

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Tenzen12 wrote:Ok lets drop what is better generaly and look on AF anime only :laughing:

lol, okay by me XD! at least until the next time the subject arises (;

Tenzen12 wrote:You are mistaken if there were anime it would be primary for japanese as well as X men, Agatha Christie's Great Detectives Poirot and Marple or Darren Shan (manga) were, only anime I know about which weren't is First Squad - The Moment Of Truth created together with Russia. Just few adaption from euro-american books to anime get out officialy out of Japan to be dubed (I don't think I know about such)

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was impossible, as I'm sure lots of countries have picked up stories from other places and animated them, putting the story in their language first. I mean, I think the Yugioh! movie was originally made for a western audience (in English), and then taken over to Japan and dubbed in Japanese or something, so it seems like it happens all the time.

I just mean that given AF's popularity, it just seems unlikely that Japan would come out with a version of the story first. (kind of like one wouldn't have expected the Harry Potter movies to be produced by an American company, because you would expect the UK to want to make them) Although, like lotr said, with how long it's taking them to come out with anything on the live-action movie, it might not be such an unlikely idea after all. XD It would take someone from Japan in the right position that was interested enough in the series and could show there was a big enough Japanese audience for it, I would guess...

I'm definitely not against the idea of a subbed version of an AF anime by any means. In fact, I'd be so happy I'd probably jump up and down and squeal in ecstasy. XD!

Stingers! Interesting, I never knew what those little shorts were called.

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:08 am

I am glad we get agreement here :laughing: . And I didn't know about that Yugi-oh movie dub thing at all (This and pokemons, sailormoons and also pretty much any shoujo anime is a bit out of my scope so it is nice get some unusual information I didn't know (exchange of interesting facts isn't it?).

Anyway anime is getting gradualy more and more conected with euro-american world (if you saw Avatar the last Airbender you know it work both ways) so it is posible that once something like AF anime adaptation will happen.

And about stinger I didn't know it neither not long time ago, but I met this site: http://tvtropes.org, which is database of any trope (something like boxes for anythings that are commonly (or less commonly) used in books, movies, TV shows and pretty much in anything. I found here many interesting facts about AF as well. Recommended.
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Tenzen12 wrote:Anyway anime is getting gradualy more and more conected with euro-american world (if you saw Avatar the last Airbender you know it work both ways) so it is posible that once something like AF anime adaptation will happen.

Is Avatar dubbed in Japanese as well as in English?

See, that's what I think they should do with AF. While Avatar isn't technically an anime (because it wasn't made in Japan) a ton of people consider it to be one just because of the style. So if AF were to be made, it's more likely that it be made in America (or the UK), but still somewhat considered anime.
ImageImage Image

Return to “The Movie”