Artemis Fowl anime?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!

Would you like Artemis Fowl as an anime series?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 164

Tenzen12
Pixie
Re: Artemis Fowl anime?

Postby Tenzen12 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:39 am

What's more Japan animation get closer to american. Now you can see Americans Marvel superheroes as anime (Iron Men, Wolverine, X-men) also there is Anime Batman and of course old but still good Animetrix, and guess what? There isn't single pink hairstyle.

In other hand animated fighting scenes can be realy flashy and fast paced still realistic in some point. This action would suit Artemis well. But if your image of fights end with bleach I can't blame you, but there is more.

Also for Rocket Axxonu updade of known voice actor (after learnig other anime you know)

Butler - Kirei Kotomine from Fate/stay night
Foaly - Dominiques from Noir or Shinji Mato from Fate/Stay night
Spot light steeling squad
Spoiler:
Criminal: Who are you guys!?
Tiger: You mean us? We're-
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
Tiger: ...What she said.
—Tiger and Bunny

Wolverine: Stay on topic, bub! This movie's about me!
Rorschach: Weren't all the X-Men movies about you?
— I'm A Marvel... And I'm A DC: Wolverine and Watchmen
Heroic Blue screen of Death
Spoiler:
Artemis: I don't like lollipops...

Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Egon: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
—Ghostbusters

Antonio: Hey, Blue Rose, help us out!
Karina(Blue Rose): Daughter... Wife... Haha. Hahaha... *eye twitch*
Antonio: It's no use! We broke her!
—Tiger and Bunny (get know her crush better... he is widower, though)

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name:Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:03 am

I am intrigued Rocket . . . what would traditional French animation look like?

[/center]
Them, we liked

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Wed May 18, 2011 3:29 am

Lol! Your guess is as good as mine. XD I don't know of one... Really I'm just saying that anime, just because it is made in Japan, doesn't mean the series would have a distinctly Asian feel or that it couldn't portray a story set in another culture. (Such as Disney making Aladdin, which is set in the Middle East) There may not even be an 'Irish' style of animation, let alone an Irish-anime style, but anime since it is as varied as 'American-style' could still do a great job doing the AF series.

Oh, Kirei would be awesome as Butler! It would have to be someone with a deep, confident voice, for sure. For some reason, I can't think who Dominiques is... I only know the four main characters by name. Shinji, oh yes, I think he would be fantastic! (for some reason, I was thinking you were meaning Shiro Emiya at first and I was thinking, 'no, he would be too serious', but Shinji would be good) I think he could pull of the whole being-creepy-while-also-being-funny aspect of Foaly's role.

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:34 pm

I can't seem french animation be used. I mean they are great but I never realy saw anything realy action and dinamic (if there is something like that pls recommend me it). Real traditon for adult and adolescent readers with actions have americans super-hero comics (AD, Marvel) and japanese anime. If I am mistaken I will gladly accept my mistake.

And yeah he would be fantastic I saw him in main roles where his sarcastic likeable characters are unmatched to anyone (he is one of most popular male seiyū (voice actors) anyway) I recommend watch some.
Spoiler:
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:33 am

You've see French animation before? How neat (: I'm guessing there is probably some more action-oriented animation made by French people somewhere, but it is possible that there are less animations made by the French than by the Americans and the Japanese, which would naturally result in less variety -- I could see where the French might have a culture that is oriented less in that direction. I wouldn't know though, since I don't know if I've actually seen any French-made animated films or not. X3

Btw Tenzen, you recommended Code Geass to me awhile back... On this thread earlier someone was talking about how Artemis was more like Lelouch (from Code Geass) than Light (from Death Note). Now that I've been watching Code Geass and reading the manga of it recently, I have to admit that, especially with the first episode, it really did strike me as being similar in many ways to the Artemis Fowl series, don't you think?

Lelouch's calculations and strategies in battle reminded me a lot of Artemis's scheming (and the way he carefully navigated and maximized on the rules of supernatural-type stuff), but like Artemis, he is for the most part motivated by love for friends and family. And Kallen reminded me rather of Holly, especially in certain instances in her attitude toward Lelouch (I mean, the way she seems to trust in his ability to form a plan to win in any situation).

Code Geass is pretty awesome I have to admit, though reading the manga made me really glad Artemis Fowl is a children's book series and isn't so dark... XD But yeah, Code Geass would be another good example of an animation style that would work for an AF anime I think.

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Code Geass is good anime and have many similiar point to AF that is reason I recommended it to you and I am glad you like it so far. Person who said that AF is more similiar to lelouch than Light is definitely right, also CG have similiar main point and that is "laser guided Karma" (wich mean bad things you do always came back and bite- you or someone close to you ...)

Anyway I personaly dislike Lelouch and along with him Code Geass (I think EC made AF on border what is likeable character and Lelouch crossed that line many times). But quality is here and I never regreted watching it so keep watching and enjoy :laughing:
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

Raineesun

Postby Raineesun » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:09 am

This is kinda random, but if there WAS an Artemis Fowl anime, this would be my voice cast:

Butler: Travis Willingham (Previous popular roles: Colonel Mustang, Mori)
Artemis: Justin Cook (Previous popular role: Hatsuharu Sohma) or
Holly: Colleen Clinkenbeard (Previous popular role: Risa Hawkeye)
Julius Root: Ed Blaylock (maybe?) (Previous popular roles: King Bradly the Fuhrer, he also has a role in One Piece)
Trouble Kelp: J. Michael Tatum (Previous popular roles: Kyoya Otari, Scar, Sebastian Michaelis)
Maybe J. Michael Tatum for Foaly? Idk... i don't know what Foaly's voice should sound like.
Anyway, those are kind of what I think their voices should be like... :b I wanted to put Vic Mignogna in there somewhere, but I don't know who he could do. Maybe Nº1? xD

I still don't think it'd be a good idea. :/ I mean, I've seen serious animes like FMA and Death Note, but I just can't see them getting ANYTHING in it right! :<

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 am

Sorry but I would say the most anime get worse by english dub, so I would hate if it was (and it mean it would get licensed ). Better without it.
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

Raineesun

Postby Raineesun » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Oh. Well, I disagree with that. I hate having to read the subtitles, and I love the english voice actors, especially the ones in FMA and Ouran High School Host Club. Plus, it would be crazy random to have a Japanese anime when the books are written by an Irish man and the books are popular in the UK and the US, and I would imagine that they're far less popular in Japan.
But, to each his own.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 am

Code Geass is good anime and have many similiar point to AF that is reason I recommended it to you and I am glad you like it so far. Person who said that AF is more similiar to lelouch than Light is definitely right, also CG have similiar main point and that is "laser guided Karma" (wich mean bad things you do always came back and bite- you or someone close to you ...)

Anyway I personaly dislike Lelouch and along with him Code Geass (I think EC made AF on border what is likeable character and Lelouch crossed that line many times). But quality is here and I never regreted watching it so keep watching and enjoy :laughing:
Yeah, I'm really liking Code Geass. xD And the way the show (so far) has been sure to show the consequences of the cruel (perhaps one would even say villainous) acts Lelouch makes, and that he is bothered by the consequences, makes it easier for me to watch than say, Death Note (where Light literally doesn't care about anyone but himself).

Seeing Lelouch's decisions have made me seriously glad that the AF series took the road it did, with Artemis becoming more and more of a good guy. There are certain parts of CG that make me kind of depressed and as it's happening I think 'no no no, please not that.' Whereas in Artemis there have pretty consistently been relatively happy endings (for which I'm very grateful now XD). I like Lelouch overall for now, but I'm glad he doesn't really exist...

Anyway, about the English dub thing, I have to agree with Raineesun on that. Being able to watch the characters and hear them in English is so, so much better than listening to it in Japanese and reading subtitles. And it's not just about being able to better concentrate on the images the viewer is supposed to be seeing. When I listen to something in Japanese, no matter how good the voice acting is most of the more subtle inflection in the voices and such is going to be pretty much lost on me.

(For instance, I can hear when the angry or upset or happy, etc. but I have found from watching the entire Buso Renkin series both in English and Japanese that it's inevitable when I'm only looking at subtitles that I miss the full intended meaning behind certain lines or scenes, or the reason why the character is saying what they are saying, which I'm only able to grasp after watching the English.)

But also, I just simply find myself unable to feel the full impact oftentimes that I feel when I'm watching a dubbed version, because I am partially distracted reading the subtitles. Humor also can come across a bit flat when you have to read it, especially when the humor is often so dependent on voice inflection. So I think dubbed versions of animes are definitely worth it to make. And with most animes, the voice actors chosen for the English version are very similar to those of the Japanese anyway. The English voice actors sound just as natural/full of energy and talent as the Japanese voice actors in most animes where I've actually bothered to watch both, as far as I can tell. :\

Uh, is it just me or did I already say all this sometime before? XD If I did, just ignore me.

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:09 am

Nope it's first time you said it.

I think that is cause you aren't used to it, that's all. English doesn't use half off inflection that Japanese do especialy with crazy Axs, childs,and others emotional beings( I realy hate hearing childs with adults voices). Japanese jokes are lost in english. And not being able concentrate is problem only for first 7 or 8 series for me not being native in both these language are these things rather obvious.
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:02 pm

I can see where both of you are coming from on this.
I like watching some in English dubbed, like Ouran High School Host Club, but I prefer the Subbed of the one I've recently been watching, Kuroshitsuji.
I don't really find that the humor is lost to me when I read the subtitles on Kuroshitsuji, but it is hard to fully appreciate the actions and facial expressions.

But yeah, it would be just impractical for an AF anime to be in Japanese because it wasn't created in Japan, it's an Irish (English) thing.
That's why it wouldn't really be called an "anime" but we just want to see an animated version of it, kind of like Avatar, TLA I guess. That was made in America, but it still had qualities of an anime, and some people actually consider it to be anime.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:40 am

Nope it's first time you said it.

I think that is cause you aren't used to it, that's all. English doesn't use half off inflection that Japanese do especialy with crazy Axs, childs,and others emotional beings( I realy hate hearing childs with adults voices). Japanese jokes are lost in english. And not being able concentrate is problem only for first 7 or 8 series for me not being native in both these language are these things rather obvious.
Yeah, I guess if neither English nor Japanese is your native language I could see where that would give you a unique perspective on the dub vs. sub thing. And there is probably a lot of variance concerning the quality of dubbing on shows and such.

However, about being used to it or not, I actually tend to think that it can be the other way around -- many who always prefer subbed over dubbed may have become so used to subbed and reading the subtitles in conjunction with a stream of Japanese dialogue that for the most part is incomprehensible to them, that it makes the dubbed sound weird no matter whether it's good or not. (Not saying this is true for you, just that I think it might be a factor for many who go a bit overboard and say things like they hate all dub)

For me, I've watched a lot of subbed stuff, and I've just discovered as a general rule when I compare them that I get more out of it when I watch the dubbed version of the exact same episodes. It's not that the English was better, it was just better for me as an English speaker.

I can see where both of you are coming from on this.
I like watching some in English dubbed, like Ouran High School Host Club, but I prefer the Subbed of the one I've recently been watching, Kuroshitsuji.
I don't really find that the humor is lost to me when I read the subtitles on Kuroshitsuji, but it is hard to fully appreciate the actions and facial expressions.
Lol, okay, you're right, it's not so much that I don't get the humor exactly; it's just that it doesn't come off as funny to me as it could be.

(Ouran high is the perfect example; when my sister and I first watched it, we watched the first seven or so episodes subbed, because the friend that recommended the series to us said that the seiyuu for Ouran were really, really good. And we laughed a lot, true, but when we started watching the dubbed, we were laughing quite a bit harder, and those jokes that seemed kind of silly or stupid suddenly seemed really hilarious. I had to realize I just couldn't really appreciate how good the Japanese voice actors were, mainly because in those rapid-fire humorous one-liners inflection can contribute greatly to the success of the joke. In Japanese it's just a string of jibberish to me that I can tell is a silly or 'straight-man' tone, and I have to rely mainly on just the text/picture to find the humor.)

Ooh, is there an English version of Kuroshitsuji? I've never looked into that one, but I love how the main character looks like he could be an anime Artemis... Anyway, there's nothing wrong with subbed, and they can be especially fun (even preferable even by my standards XD) when the dubbed is significantly different from the original. But I disagree that a person is ordinarily better off watching subbed versions of animes over dubbed.
But yeah, it would be just impractical for an AF anime to be in Japanese because it wasn't created in Japan, it's an Irish (English) thing.
That's why it wouldn't really be called an "anime" but we just want to see an animated version of it, kind of like Avatar, TLA I guess. That was made in America, but it still had qualities of an anime, and some people actually consider it to be anime.
Yeah, I guess you're right. Whatever was made would probably be originally made for an English audience anyway... And maybe it would wind up being dubbed in Japanese instead. XD

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:47 am

Ok lets drop what is better generaly and look on AF anime only :laughing:

You are mistaken if there were anime it would be primary for japanese as well as X men, Agatha Christie's Great Detectives Poirot and Marple or Darren Shan (manga) were, only anime I know about which weren't is First Squad - The Moment Of Truth created together with Russia. Just few adaption from euro-american books to anime get out officialy out of Japan to be dubed (I don't think I know about such)
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Ooh, is there an English version of Kuroshitsuji? I've never looked into that one, but I love how the main character looks like he could be an anime Artemis... Anyway, there's nothing wrong with subbed, and they can be especially fun (even preferable even by my standards XD) when the dubbed is significantly different from the original. But I disagree that a person is ordinarily better off watching subbed versions of animes over dubbed.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the entire first season is in English dub now. I only watched a small clip of it in English (while I was in the middle of watching it in Japanese, just for the heck of it), and I didn't like Ciel's voice at all, so I was just kind of like, "Oh no, go back to Japanese." So that has to do with what you said earlier about just being used to the Japanese voices. But I kind of want to watch the first episode fully dubbed to really see the difference.
But yeah, that anime is literally like Artemis Fowl: The Anime. XD

@Tenzen - What X-men thing are you talking about? That's odd that an X-men cartoon would be made in Japanese, but if it's true, I guess it would be ok for AF to be Japanese made. But it wouldn't have to be, because there are anime-style cartoons made in the US (or UK, Idk).
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Return to “The Movie”