Soundtrack

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Kelsey Rain

Re: Soundtrack

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:00 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sherlock Holmes' soundtrack!! So good.

I think this song is absolutely stunning and BEAUTIFUL. It really made me cry (which is supaah rare). It'd be perfect for a dramatic/sad part, like when Holly is panicking in the gorilla cage over Arty, or when Butler is shot or when Root dies....moments like that.

The Gravel Road - The Village: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJEk824VIas

sketchedoutfigure
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: uh,goodquestion
AFC Fan Fiction Name: darklysketchedupfigu
Location: in the back of your mind, luaghing at all the junk!

Postby sketchedoutfigure » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:13 am

i would like to see most of the musical effects through out the movie to be classical, or orchestrated, but it wouldn't fit quite right in many places, that, i think we can all agree on. so modern music is definitely fine. accept for pop, hard rock,hip hop, country, and any thing even remotely related to...ulp...miley...you know, which, wipes out a a huge fraction of around mabie four fifths of all modern music, but i have a few songs i think would go absolutely great in certain scenes, hope you like them :lick: :
(NOTE: these would go best without the lyrics, these are all from radio head, and any thing highlighted in orange is viewable on youtube.)

for intensethinking or plotting scenes= backdrifts, 2+2=5, and definitely idioteque
somber or average scenes= no surprises or my iron lung
and for action and energetic scenes id recommend electioneering or dollars and cents played a bit faster.
i assure you that these songs are simply and utterly remarkable!
No, I think not...besides, your all genetically inferior to me,either way you circumvent the situation!
PREtEen INgeNiusNEsS!

http://stupidprodigy.spaces.live.com

Fantasykat
Mud Man
Real First Name: don't ask
Location: Hello?! The Library. Computer and Books. Where else would I be?

Postby Fantasykat » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:41 am

Definately nothing rap or hiphop. Maybe just background action music would be enough. Holly might do well to have some sort of music by Pink playing when we first meet her, cuz Pink is a frieakn awesome singer and is bad-a**, but maybe that's stretching it.
Otherwise, nothing too modern. The movie should focus on the action and dialouge.

(Though I'm seeing a possibility for Mission Impossible! :laughing: )
"I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!"
Dragons exist, live with it.
Turn and turn and turn again, we see the what but not the when; remedy and wrong entwine and so they form a single vine. -Prophecy of Blood, Underland Chronicles

Drama rules! Yay Breakfast-Club!
"Your opinion is irrelavent because I hate you." -Linds

Praise Starclan!

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:46 am

I could see Mission Impossible in a scene, in like TEC, but a very humorous scene :laughing:

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:49 am

sketchedoutfigure wrote:i would like to see most of the musical effects through out the movie to be classical, or orchestrated, but it wouldn't fit quite right in many places, that, i think we can all agree on. so modern music is definitely fine. accept for pop, hard rock,hip hop, country, and any thing even remotely related to...ulp...miley...you know, which, wipes out a a huge fraction of around mabie four fifths of all modern music, but i have a few songs i think would go absolutely great in certain scenes, hope you like them :lick: :
(NOTE: these would go best without the lyrics, these are all from radio head, and any thing highlighted in orange is viewable on youtube.)

for intensethinking or plotting scenes= backdrifts, 2+2=5, and definitely idioteque
and for action and energetic scenes id recommend electioneering or dollars and cents played a bit faster.

I totally agree with you there. I havent heard much Radiohead, but after listening to "Electioneering" and "Dollars and cents played a bit faster" would actually be really good in the movie. I think the singing should be turned down a notch though ;D

sketchedoutfigure
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: uh,goodquestion
AFC Fan Fiction Name: darklysketchedupfigu
Location: in the back of your mind, luaghing at all the junk!

Postby sketchedoutfigure » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:15 am

Kelsey Rain (: wrote:
sketchedoutfigure wrote:i would like to see most of the musical effects through out the movie to be classical, or orchestrated, but it wouldn't fit quite right in many places, that, i think we can all agree on. so modern music is definitely fine. accept for pop, hard rock,hip hop, country, and any thing even remotely related to...ulp...miley...you know, which, wipes out a a huge fraction of around mabie four fifths of all modern music, but i have a few songs i think would go absolutely great in certain scenes, hope you like them :lick: :

I totally agree with you there. I havent heard much Radiohead, but after listening to "Electioneering" and "Dollars and cents played a bit faster" would actually be really good in the movie. I think the singing should be turned down a notch though ;D

you should try idioteque. its Da BOmb! great.
No, I think not...besides, your all genetically inferior to me,either way you circumvent the situation!
PREtEen INgeNiusNEsS!

http://stupidprodigy.spaces.live.com

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:53 pm

I want to have a composer - so not just using pop/whatever other genre songs, but someone who'll compose tunes that really suit the film. Like Hans Zimmer or John Williams.
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:28 pm

I give my vote overwhelmingly to Hans Zimmer or Danny Elfman. Zimmer did Pirates of the Caribbean and Sherlock Holmes, Elfman does all the Tim Burton movies like Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and Batman.

I don't tend to like songs with lyrics in movies unless they're in some type of non-speaking montage of footage or at the very end. It gets kind of distracting otherwise. Everything else you can do so much better with a good composer.

Some of my favorite non-lyric music from movies is Discombobulate from the Sherlock Holmes movie, Up is Down, He's A Pirate, and The Kraken from POTC, and the opening sequence from Edward Scissorhands.

But some of the best endings have been with a well-cued song. Fight Club ended with Where is My Mind? by the Pixies, Donnie Darko ended with Mad World by Gary Jules... stuff like that. If there's ever a fantasy movie that ends with two people kissing, I want it to end with the song Yellow by Coldplay (strikes me as such a kissing song).
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:16 pm

I really really really love James Newton Howard. He did the soundtracks for King Kong, Blood Diamond, and The Village. They're all really beautiful and powerful. The amazing thing about his work, is that the instruments speak to you, like they really speak to you and it's just breathtaking. These are some of my faves:

- King Kong:
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbyC7ylYnxs
2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2uXCOtX7EQ
- The Village: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJEk824VIas
- Blood Diamond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIusGlmT_1Q (Wait for :56; this one makes you wanna run)

I also think that Comanche - The Revels would be good in the movie. It has that jazzy, Mission Impossible kinda sound. I could see Butler fighting in this song, mostly for TEC & TLC :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3s5rPZQLK4

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:06 pm

BkkprGirl wrote:I give my vote overwhelmingly to Hans Zimmer or Danny Elfman. Zimmer did Pirates of the Caribbean and Sherlock Holmes, Elfman does all the Tim Burton movies like Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and Batman.

I don't tend to like songs with lyrics in movies unless they're in some type of non-speaking montage of footage or at the very end. It gets kind of distracting otherwise. Everything else you can do so much better with a good composer.

Some of my favorite non-lyric music from movies is Discombobulate from the Sherlock Holmes movie, Up is Down, He's A Pirate, and The Kraken from POTC, and the opening sequence from Edward Scissorhands.

But some of the best endings have been with a well-cued song. Fight Club ended with Where is My Mind? by the Pixies, Donnie Darko ended with Mad World by Gary Jules... stuff like that. If there's ever a fantasy movie that ends with two people kissing, I want it to end with the song Yellow by Coldplay (strikes me as such a kissing song).

Wholehearted agreement, Bkkprgirl. :laughing: Once again you amaze us with putting-into-words powers. :shiny:

I didn't know Zimmer had done POTC - now I'm twice as convinced that he HAS to do AF. I'm going to be really disappointed if someone else does it now... :blush:
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Return to “The Movie”