I found Artemis

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Re: I found Artemis

Postby Cat Moon » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:10 pm

I hadn't seen that picture! My view is officially now rock-hard and consolidated. There is no shifting me!

He's even got that young look. Most actors can't do sinister and young at the same time - 'cos they're either sixteen and so too old, or young but not yet quite experienced enough to pull off sinister.
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:10 pm

I rock wrote:Ahhhhhh,
lotrfan wrote:
I rock wrote:Isn't butler supposed to be Eurasian? It doesn't really say he has an irish accent.....Does it? I can't choose between Gerard Butler and Jason Statham. I think that maybe they can't even get either one of them. It all depends on their budget.

-notice when I say they, I mean the movie producing people(whose name escapes me) who have been trying their best to work on the artemis fowl movie but it STILL hasn't come out yet which makes me furious. Sorry, I'm just ranting cuz, one, I'm bored, two, I'm fed up of waiting for the movie, three, I have to write(type)fifty to hundred words(?)four, I'm still bored.- :laughing:

I think you're thinking that this is the Butler discussion forum, when it's really an Artemis one. And yeah, Butler isn't Irish, but I don't know if I want Artemis to have an irish accent or not. I never picture him as having one, but if they can find a kid who's perfect with an accent and he can pull off being totally bad-ass, then it would be good.
Also, I don't know if I've said this before, but I don't think the actor should be too young, or look too young, cause that would be weird.

And I rock, the 50-100 words is only for the AF Talk forums.

That makes quite a lot of sense.
Here's another pic of Jacob Kogan:
Spoiler:

That's enough to scare the living daylights out of me. He's perfect!

lol. Does he always glare at the camera? That's a really funny picture. I think if he can stay looking that evil, then in a few years he'd be really good, cause he still looks too young. And he's even cute too.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Well, Artemis is twelve in the first book - and so is Kogan at the moment. I think because he's such an evil genius, we all figured he looked older. I reckon that he should actually be twelve like Artemis, so you really do get the fell for how old he really is, and just how young he is to be in that situation of kidnapping a fairy to save his father.

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Eh, I don't really know about Jacob Kogan. Yes, he's twelve, completely spine-tinglingly evil looking (my god that really freaked me out!), but I still picture the young Tom Riddle as a really good Artemis, or the young Spock. They both look really young, but they have that weird maturity-beyond-their-age thing going on. I guess that even though I knew Artemis was twelve, I never pictured him that way. He always acted like he was older--ordering people around, not having any qualms about capturing people and holding them for ransom.... I can't picture Jacob Kogan ordering Butler around. He looks evil, but not stern enough for me.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Kelsey Rain

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:26 am

BkkprGirl wrote:Eh, I don't really know about Jacob Kogan. Yes, he's twelve, completely spine-tinglingly evil looking (my god that really freaked me out!), but I still picture the young Tom Riddle as a really good Artemis, or the young Spock. They both look really young, but they have that weird maturity-beyond-their-age thing going on. I guess that even though I knew Artemis was twelve, I never pictured him that way. He always acted like he was older--ordering people around, not having any qualms about capturing people and holding them for ransom.... I can't picture Jacob Kogan ordering Butler around. He looks evil, but not stern enough for me.

YES! That's what I said! The young Tom Riddle was absolutely amazing. When I saw HP 6, I was like "ZOMFG ITS ARTEMIS!" lmao :D

tahtswutshesed
Pixie
Real First Name: Casey

Postby tahtswutshesed » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:27 am

Kelsey Rain (: wrote:
BkkprGirl wrote:Eh, I don't really know about Jacob Kogan. Yes, he's twelve, completely spine-tinglingly evil looking (my god that really freaked me out!), but I still picture the young Tom Riddle as a really good Artemis, or the young Spock. They both look really young, but they have that weird maturity-beyond-their-age thing going on. I guess that even though I knew Artemis was twelve, I never pictured him that way. He always acted like he was older--ordering people around, not having any qualms about capturing people and holding them for ransom.... I can't picture Jacob Kogan ordering Butler around. He looks evil, but not stern enough for me.

YES! That's what I said! The young Tom Riddle was absolutely amazing. When I saw HP 6, I was like "ZOMFG ITS ARTEMIS!" lmao :D

Every time I see it, I think the same exact thing.
"Mom! Haruhi's using foul language!"
"'Mom' being...?"
"Position-wise, probably me."
-OHSHC

"Don't call me Julius! You always do that before you disobey me!"
-TOD

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders."
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?
-AVPM

"Oh great. Just what this team needs, another smartass."
-TLC

My page on FF.Net: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tahtswutshesed
My official fan art: http://rad-mania.deviantart.com/
Spoiler:
Yeahhhh, I'm an A/Her. And I'm NOT a freak.

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:32 am

But he's not Irish. Honestly, I think our best choice is to find an unknown, talented, Irish child-actor. :laughing:

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Hehe, Jacob Kogan was Young Spock! :laughing:

~Moist von Lipwig

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Cat Moon wrote:Well, Artemis is twelve in the first book - and so is Kogan at the moment. I think because he's such an evil genius, we all figured he looked older. I reckon that he should actually be twelve like Artemis, so you really do get the fell for how old he really is, and just how young he is to be in that situation of kidnapping a fairy to save his father.

Yeah, but he has to be old enough to actually be able to play the role. It's a hard role for young kids to play successfully, so if he's maybe a little older, it might be better.

But yeah, if they can find an unknown irish kid who looks the part and can play the role awesomely, that would be amazing!
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:41 pm

I wouldn't underestimate a child actor. They might not have years of training, but if acting is their natural talent...well then, it's their natural talent. They were born with it, so either way, they'd be good. A character like Artemis isn't very difficult to play or understand, it's just hard to do it correctly.

mglouise97
Cave Troll

Postby mglouise97 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:46 am

how old is he?? i mean.. he's got to be youngish......

mglouise97
Cave Troll

Postby mglouise97 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:51 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Young Tom Riddle would be the PERFEXCT Artemis Fowl..... i don't picture him haveing red/orange hair though....brown...definetly..

mglouise97
Cave Troll

Postby mglouise97 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:54 am

a little too teddy bear cute... he needs to be saphistacated.. ( sorry about the spelling... )

mglouise97
Cave Troll

Postby mglouise97 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:57 am

u r right.. hair is too puffy... but no problamo....! :D

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Sun May 09, 2010 9:35 pm

I think I found the kid who should play Artemis! His name is Asa Butterfield. Here's a picture:

If they died his hair black, he'd be perfect!

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

Return to “The Movie”