Who should Direct the movie?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Alice

Re: Who should Direct the movie?

Postby La Souris Bleue » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:06 am

I'll go for Guillermo del Toro personnally. He knows how to adapt a story to the big screen yet staying true to its spirit, he has a great sci-fi fantasy universe and I love how he deals with special effects. With him the fairy world would look amazing, and the wittiness and the emotion of the story will be just like, if not better as in the books.
My second choice would be Jean-Pierre Jeunet. I simply love his style and humor, and I pretty well imagine Haven City looking like the City of Lost Children. But I'm not sure I can picture Ron Perlman as Butler or Dominique Pinon as Root or Cudgeon though x)

I'm not a huge fan of the idea of Peter Jackson or James Cameron. They are good directors, but their style is a bit too ''epic'' and SFX-based for the first books in my opinion.
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''

~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:46 pm

I think Alfonso Cuaron would do a great job with the movie. He directed Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban, which is probably my favourite HP film due to the dark yet exciting feel, which I think would suit AF perfectly.

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Alice

Postby La Souris Bleue » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:24 am

Matt wrote:I think Alfonso Cuaron would do a great job with the movie. He directed Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban, which is probably my favourite HP film due to the dark yet exciting feel, which I think would suit AF perfectly.

Indeed, why not. And the SFX in Gravity were definitely something too ^^ Yet I still prefer Guillermo del Toro (aren't they friends by the way ?) :p

But when the movie was first launched I understood that Jim Sheridan was to direct the movie, that he was very interested and all... And on Wikipedia AF is still marked TbA on his page. So, is he still in the project or not ?
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''

~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:48 am

I don't believe Jim Sheridan is involved any more - we'll see I guess. :laughing:

Return to “The Movie”