What do you NOT want to see in the movie?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
lotrfan
Commander

Re: What do you NOT want to see in the movie?

Postby lotrfan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Frondish17 wrote:3) Mulch in action - I have a feeling several directors would snatch this up as a crude-humor bit to make the film an R lol. I really have no desire to see Mulch Diggums doing his thing. It's alright to read about, but I really believe this part should be done as tastefully as possible when in film.

I completely agree with this. That would just make the film really...awkward... I don't think it would make it an R rated film (if that's what you were saying), but it would just be unpleasant.

Frondish17 wrote:5) Opal - as an innocent-looking girl. I saw some nominations for her part on Google and they all look rather tame. Opal cannot be tame - she has to look like a devious, horribly hard and beautiful person. Maybe get Keira for her . . .someone who thinks she's princess of the world.

I've never actually looked up any things that list who people want to play the characters (probably because they would just really irritate me), but I agree with what you said about Opal needing to have a dark-beauty about her. I can kind of see Kiera pulling that off, but she's need black hair (right?). ha, that'd be kind of awesome though, cause if she had black hair, you wouldn't really picture her as Elizabeth.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:38 am

Keira could be Opal. Let Keira be Opal so Keira is not Holly!!

[/center]
Them, we liked

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Did you read somewhere that Kiera Knightly is rumored to play her or something...? Because you seem to be really freaking out about her...
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:52 am

Yes. I freak out easily when it comes to casting particular people for particular roles, even if the threat is only a rumor. Actually, I saw Keira playing Holly in a fanmade trailor on this site . . . it kind of freaked me out, and then on the Eoin Colfer Official Website I found many people were advocating her for the role. So yes, I am freaked. Even though I seriously doubt she will play, it is the thought that gets me upset.

[/center]
Them, we liked

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Oh well, yeah, I guess that gives you credibility to freak out. But I seriously doubt that EC would let that happen. (of course, she isn't really that old I guess...NO!
He better just want unknowns, seriously, unknowns!!

Now you're freaking me out.
The age difference between the two of them can not be drastic!
ImageImage Image

pikachulover6
Cave Troll

Postby pikachulover6 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:16 am

pls DO NOT change anything from the book the book is awesome pls add every single detail

Exit
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Exit » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:23 am

I don't want the Lower Elements to be a completely underwhelming place. Remember that movie "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" with the really unique vision of Atlantis? That kind of inspired art direction is necessary to express the Lower Elements. Not like the exact style, obviously, but it just needs to be as distinct and immersive. It would be annoying to see the movie after such a long wait and have the fairy homeland be just a gaping dirt cave. I would like it to be a living, breathing, colorful (although not too much so) place with unfathomable beauty. At least, that's how I imagine it in my head. :P

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Yeah, I agree, the sets should be really good. I think they generally are...actually, I take that back...
Some directors get them really good, so I think it's all a matter of who's in charge.
ImageImage Image

AFFan.lollipop
Pixie
Real First Name: Elizabeth

Postby AFFan.lollipop » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:15 am

Hey! This is my first post! (yay!) So what i wouldn't like to see in the video is...
1. the first and second book combined. :crying:
2. *no offense to any dwarves out there but...* no dwarves or children playing the faries.

i just have to give why i think they want to combine the two books.
As the average AF fan- NOOOO!!! DONT COMBINE THE BOOKS!!!!! *dies* :scared:
As the average hollywood producer- it would cost more to make 2 movies. its not like harry potter where we all GREW UP reading them. Technically, in my grade, 3 ppl, other than me, have read the AF books :(, and 1/3 didn't like the first book and QUIT.

So, even though we dont want producers to combine the movies, they probibly will.

P.S. Can we all agree no actor of this generation is WORTHY of playing artemis. :thumbsdown:
Don't blink.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more of a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.... Stuff."

I have a lot of fandoms.
Spoiler:
Doctor Who, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Elementary, Torchwood, Starkid, and Homestuck are some of them.

I'm loosing it. I lost it. Maddie ate it.

Exit
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Exit » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:26 pm

(Hey AFFan. The quote in blue in your signature is actually from Artemis Fowl III, or "The Eternity Code." Not Artemis Fowl II. Just trying to look out for you. :P And welcome to the forums! I just got here a few days ago as well and it's been a really fun place so far.)

AFFan.lollipop
Pixie
Real First Name: Elizabeth

Postby AFFan.lollipop » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Exit wrote:(Hey AFFan. The quote in blue in your signature is actually from Artemis Fowl III, or "The Eternity Code." Not Artemis Fowl II. Just trying to look out for you. :P And welcome to the forums! I just got here a few days ago as well and it's been a really fun place so far.)

Actually, I was saying Artemis Fowl THE SECOND, not AF: book 2, but thanks for the thought! :blush:

And something else: C'mon everyone! Let's pretend!!!!! *woosh,woosh,woosh*

The credits are scrolling we see:
Artemis Fowl II - Jacob Kogan (or Skander Keynes. Who-Hoo!!!)
Then we hear: Oh, oh, oh, it's MAGIC! You know. Never believe it's not so...

If the song for the credits Selena Gomez's "Magic", I will DIE. Right there in the isle, come back to life, then sue DISNEY|HYPERION for killing me!!! :cursing:
Don't blink.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more of a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.... Stuff."

I have a lot of fandoms.
Spoiler:
Doctor Who, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Elementary, Torchwood, Starkid, and Homestuck are some of them.

I'm loosing it. I lost it. Maddie ate it.

bluealice
Sprite
Real First Name: Alsacia

Postby bluealice » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:52 pm

I do NOT want to see Artemis Fowl's character don't do what I imagined him to be, and the book's point of view is totally ruined in the movie, just like "Sundays At Tiffany's" by James Patterson

ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Not only my color is blue, but at he same time, It's my favorite Color. Ever
ZZZ

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:49 am

I don't want any music that isn't instrumental. For one thing, it would really go against Artemis Fowl II (picture him watching a movie adaptation of his life with pop music), but it would also be far too stereotypical-teenage-flickish. I want the movie to appeal to adults as well as teenagers.
I don't want Holly to be played by a total jaw-dropping gorgeous and well-known actress. Holly would be a great jumpstart for some unknown actor, and let's face it, Hollywood has far too many gorgeous people already!
Artemis absolutely can't be cheerful at any time in the film, or melodramatic. We need someone who can seriously say, "I don't like lollipops" without botching it.

Emmi-Kat
Pixie
Real First Name: Emma

Postby Emmi-Kat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:13 pm

A lot of people want Emma Watson to play Holly, but she totally doesn't fit the description in my opinion! Also, Art HAS to have deep blue eyes, it's a key part in the Seventh Dwarf. And Butler cannot have hair! He...just can't!
"We all have our own time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams." ~Jeremy Irons

Check out my gallery on dA! http://emmi-kat.deviantart.com/

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 pm

I totally agree with you on all counts. Emma Watson playing Holly would be... a criminal act!

Return to “The Movie”