What do you NOT want to see in the movie?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Mrs Opal Fowl
Elf
Real First Name:Erika
Re: What do you NOT want to see in the movie?

Postby Mrs Opal Fowl » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:27 pm

I kinda think the movies should do some new stuff, because otherwise you haven't broken any new ground, or done anything new with the characters. Take PJ, the plot's pretty different, but there's still room to do the rest of the series. Although the end confrontation was different, the alley for sequels is still open.
I don't think PJ can get a sequel. First of all because of its fail, then its plot. They killed Luke, and he's a very important character in the next books.

I don't want that to happen here with AF.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah I don't want them to just stop after one movie, like they do with all these other things (Eragon, and others) (not that I've read Eragon yet) Especially because the main stuff that happens in the series is later on, the whole development of Artemis's character, turning good. His relationship with Holly and with the fairies in general.

Also, Please! DO NOT Make it 3-D!
Oh my gosh! I was just reading Entertainment Weekly yesterday and they are making everything 3-D! They were even talking about re-making old movies into 3-D like Titanic, Star Wars, and LOTR. (I think SW and LOTR are hesitating though) But seriously, what the heck?!?! :cursing: Why do they feel the need to make everything in 3-D now?
Please, do not make AF in 3-D!
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Cat Moon
Commander
Location:HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:43 am

WHAT?! Star Wars?! No! You do not touch the classics! If they decide to make 7-9, then they can do it in 3-D, but you do not touch 1-6!

...Sorry...I'm a hard-core SW fan... :blush:
I kinda think the movies should do some new stuff, because otherwise you haven't broken any new ground, or done anything new with the characters. Take PJ, the plot's pretty different, but there's still room to do the rest of the series. Although the end confrontation was different, the alley for sequels is still open.
I don't think PJ can get a sequel. First of all because of its fail, then its plot. They killed Luke, and he's a very important character in the next books.

Did they kill Luke?...I'm fairly sure he just got beaten up.

I still think AF should go new places, maybe littler characters are more important, you see new sides of characters extrapolated from the original book characters, etc.
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Mrs Opal Fowl
Elf
Real First Name:Erika

Postby Mrs Opal Fowl » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Did they kill Luke?...I'm fairly sure he just got beaten up.[/quote]
If you finish the movie, then you'd see the whole camp holding a funeral for Luke, with his body in the shroud, and all.

Percy and Annabeth also did something that wasn't in the book!
Spoiler:
They KISSED.

I rock
Pixie
Real First Name:Ponmathi
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Captain Grammar

Postby I rock » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:54 am

ARRRRRFG!!!!! I hate it when they twist the plots of good books!!! They did that HP to ASOUE to eragon and now PJ this isn't fair!!!! PLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASE dont do that to AF!!!!!pretty please?

PS anyone read eragon? Is it good? I'm planning on reading it..........
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I <3 The Blind Guardian....don't know what it is? GOOGLE TO DA RESCUE...
You can't spell Party without Arty....lolz
I <3 You
Yes, I mean you, you hunk...
AM I CREEPING YOU OUT YET?

Fantasykat
Mud Man
Real First Name:don't ask
Location:Hello?! The Library. Computer and Books. Where else would I be?

Postby Fantasykat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:52 pm

I didn;t like Percy Jackson the movie. I'm a stickler for the books being, like, identicle o the movies. I was disappointed with all of the weird changes the movie brought on.

The thing that would kill me in AF movie would definately be the casting! Nobody too old, too young, too WELL KNOWN, of the wrong ethnicy, and dear lord, if Hale Barry plays Holly I will boycott! (Brad Pitt and John Travolta showing up would also cause a riot at my local movie theatre. Involving water guns.)
"I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!"
Dragons exist, live with it.
Turn and turn and turn again, we see the what but not the when; remedy and wrong entwine and so they form a single vine. -Prophecy of Blood, Underland Chronicles

Drama rules! Yay Breakfast-Club!
"Your opinion is irrelavent because I hate you." -Linds

Praise Starclan!

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name:KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Kelsey Rain

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:28 am

I would hate to:

1. Not see myself in the movie
1. Include a "romance"between Holly and Arty, right off the bat. Stick to the books please.
2. Change up the plotline. Unless they can make it even better, don't turn it around. They're unique.
3. Holly and Artemis to be played by well-known actors. I really want some unknowns to claim the roles, so that way they own the role, and not like "Hey! Rihanna is playing Holly!" *shudders.*
4. Low-budget effects. I'm sorry, but if the effects aren't spectacular, then they should wait 'till their budget is higher.
5. Disney-type dialogue or conflict. The only type of "Disney" I'll allow is POTC, because it's kickass. :D
6. If they combine the 1st and 2nd books.....*commits suicide*

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name:bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Unfortunately, the already are planing on combining the first two books.

I'm just going to repeat what others have said. What I don't want is:

1) An actor over 14 playing Artemis. It would totally take away from the awesomeness of the character if they did that.

2) An actress over 23 playing Holly.

3) Known actors for Artemis or Holly.I can't think of a single actor I like for either of them.

4) Crappy CGI.

5) Tons of changes. Please, keep it really close to the book!

6) Any romance between Artemis and Holly.

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

I rock
Pixie
Real First Name:Ponmathi
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Captain Grammar

Postby I rock » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Yeah I don't want them to just stop after one movie, like they do with all these other things (Eragon, and others) (not that I've read Eragon yet) Especially because the main stuff that happens in the series is later on, the whole development of Artemis's character, turning good. His relationship with Holly and with the fairies in general.

Oh my gosh! I was just reading Entertainment Weekly yesterday and they are making everything 3-D! They were even talking about re-making old movies into 3-D like Titanic, Star Wars, and LOTR. (I think SW and LOTR are hesitating though) But seriously, what the heck?!?! :cursing: Why do they feel the need to make everything in 3-D now?
I'm soo sorry for being off topic but I just wanted to know if the entertainment weekly is E+ ? Sorry, I get distracted easily. Just ignore me. Let's hope sharkie doesn't come yelling after me.
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I <3 The Blind Guardian....don't know what it is? GOOGLE TO DA RESCUE...
You can't spell Party without Arty....lolz
I <3 You
Yes, I mean you, you hunk...
AM I CREEPING YOU OUT YET?

ArtemisWannabe
Gremlin

Postby ArtemisWannabe » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Well, I don't want it to be shot anywhere else than Ireland. Also, I don't want them to make the fairies look childish or comical. It has to be thrilling. I don't want some famous child actor portraying Artemis. It should be someone unknown, but with a vampire smile.
I never tell anyone exactly how clever I am. They would be too scared.

-Artemis Fowl

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:32 am

I don't think they will, especially if it's true to the first book. There should be some heavily military-influenced scenes in there.

Fantasykat
Mud Man
Real First Name:don't ask
Location:Hello?! The Library. Computer and Books. Where else would I be?

Postby Fantasykat » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:29 am

OMG, I just had a horrific image of one of Micheal Jackson's boys playing Artemis!!!

Great Gods I hope I'm not an oracle prophecizing that casting! :scared:
"I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!"
Dragons exist, live with it.
Turn and turn and turn again, we see the what but not the when; remedy and wrong entwine and so they form a single vine. -Prophecy of Blood, Underland Chronicles

Drama rules! Yay Breakfast-Club!
"Your opinion is irrelavent because I hate you." -Linds

Praise Starclan!

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Did they kill Luke?...I'm fairly sure he just got beaten up.
If you finish the movie, then you'd see the whole camp holding a funeral for Luke, with his body in the shroud, and all.

Percy and Annabeth also did something that wasn't in the book!
Spoiler:
They KISSED.
What? Seriously. I don't remember the funeral in the movie. And they didn't kiss. I haven't read the books, but I saw the movie and they definitely did not kiss. They almost kissed, and then she was like "don't get distracted" and she stole his sword.

Anyway,

I'm soo sorry for being off topic but I just wanted to know if the entertainment weekly is E+ ? Sorry, I get distracted easily. Just ignore me. Let's hope sharkie doesn't come yelling after me.
What? E+? what does that mean?

Back on topic...
I don't want them to make the fairies come up to Artemis' waist, I mean, seriously, there's no way they're that small.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Cat Moon
Commander
Location:HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:35 pm

Well said, lotrfan - he's meant to be pretty short when he meets them anyway - although to be fair, he's probably meant to be a bit taller. :laughing:
Well, I don't want it to be shot anywhere else than Ireland. Also, I don't want them to make the fairies look childish or comical. It has to be thrilling. I don't want some famous child actor portraying Artemis. It should be someone unknown, but with a vampire smile.
I'm not that botherede about whether it's shot in Ireland, so long as the actors do a passable Irish accent (well, a bit more than passable).
But Robin Hood was shot in Bulgaria, just because it had the right surroundings. If the Irish surroundings of Fowl Manor are better done in another location, because, for example, there isn't a manor that looks like Fowl Manor on the Irish coast, then they should do it someplace else. So long as it looks as though it's in the right place, I don't mind. Plus, better sets are probably available in the US, to get Haven right.
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:51 pm

Yes. I would think Haven would be a set in Hollywood, while the other scenes would be shot on location or a look-alike location. :D

Return to “The Movie”