What do you NOT want to see in the movie?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny
Re: What do you NOT want to see in the movie?

Postby Mere Reflection » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:27 am

What I really don't want to see is Holly dancing around wearing fancy clothes and pale skinned and about thirty. And not, I repeat not, WITH GREEN SKIN OR EARS THAT STAND ABOUT THREE KILOMETRES OUT FROM HER HEAD. Holly is young for one of the people so should not be played by a 20 year plus actor. As for Artemis I dont want him played by an ugly tall gangly man - that would be awful! Anyway yeah thats what I think. I don't want the fairies to be cartoons who swan aroung either they're humane but can still be viscous.
Last edited by Mere Reflection on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name:Does not exist
Location:Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Mon May 03, 2010 1:18 am

What I irks me the most is when movie hardly resemble the book they are trying to potray, where whole chapters are missing or you feel like a caffine-addict monkey put together the new plotline and gave it to the director (glares evily at the people who made the movie Eragon). If Artemis Fowl ends up like that I will beso annoyed. No one would make me see that movie, ever.
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.



Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you


"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex


GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Wed May 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Yes, one of the most important things is that they don't mess with the plot! Especially by combining two of them!
The actors are important too, but I guess I'd eventually grow into them, but the plot needs to be the same.

I'll still see it whatever it does though
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Snows of Yester-Year
Gremlin
Real First Name:Stephanie

Postby Snows of Yester-Year » Thu May 06, 2010 2:34 am

I can live with the plot being tinkered with a very little bit. If the movie is just a refresher of the book or TV series or what have you, it's kind of dull. >_>; Small changes can make it more interesting. As long as major plot points aren't messed with, I'm fine.
Images from Gunnerkrigg Court.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Wed May 12, 2010 9:32 pm

Yeah, small changes are ok, and probably preferred in some cases, but if they put two books together you know there will be major splicing going on. So they better not put them together! Ahh, it makes me so angry that they would even think of doing that.

Also, @Snows of Yester-Year, I just realized that you're thing says you live in Baltimore, that's really weird, cause I live in Baltimore county (not in the city, but north)! That's so weird! Everyone else here is from like England or something. I wonder if we actually know each other... It's kind of creepy.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

grace2704
Gremlin

Postby grace2704 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:07 am

Yes, one of the most important things is that they don't mess with the plot! Especially by combining two of them!
Yes, I agree it would be hard enough squeezing one whole book into a movie without combining the first 2! I think there is going to be a different ending too... :(

According to Colfer, the movie will combine the plot of the first two books and there will be a new ending to it, but the rest of it will be true to the books.

(err.. I don't know if I did that wikipedia thing right... it's from here anyway!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis_Fowl_%28series%29 )
You know your addiction to Harry Potter is getting dangerous when you've added words like "Voldemort", "Hogwarts", and "Marauders" to your computer's dictionary. If you have done that, copy this into your sig.

Artemis though it would be nice to stay here and talk like this, but one cage over his future was escaping with his past.
- Artemis Fowl and The Time Paradox, p134.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- Unknown

"We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." 
— Sirius Black (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
Yes, I know it is obssessive when I keep ten pages of quotes saved on my computer so I have something cool to put only sig.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Yes, I agree it would be hard enough squeezing one whole book into a movie without combining the first 2! I think there is going to be a different ending too... :(

According to Colfer, the movie will combine the plot of the first two books and there will be a new ending to it, but the rest of it will be true to the books.

(err.. I don't know if I did that wikipedia thing right... it's from here anyway!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis_Fowl_%28series%29 )
I just don't believe that as being true. I mean, when's the last time that page was updated?
But if it is true...what the heck kind of new ending are they talking about?! I LOVE the ending of TAI! It's one of my favorites! And it has such good A/H! If they screw that up...they will be sorry.
ImageImage Image

hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name:Jess :P

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:25 pm

I wouldn't mind a slight change in the storyline, or even slight changes in the characters appearences, however one thing i could never stand is bad acting and changing the personality of the characters. Because if either of those things happen, then you either get a bad movie that is difficult to watch or a movie with characters whose motives and actions are completely alien and unjustifiable... thats just my opinion -- XD
We all have a dark side...

[spoiler]That awkward moment when someone says "hi" to you, and you reply with "I'm good"... -_-

That shite moment in an argument when you realise you are wrong...

That awesome moment when the teacher asks you a question, thinking you weren't being attentive. Then you answer it right, it's like "What now! WIN!!!"

That depressing moment when your mum scribbles on the award your school gave you in congratulations for all your hard work, just to get her stupid pen to work D':[/spoiler]

But you love me XD

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:48 am

Major changes in anything. I do not want any major changes in the appearance of the characters, their personality or in the environment. I hope the changes in the storyline they're talking about are really "slight". I also really hope the actors will be good. And of an appropriate age, as Mere already mentioned. I wonder how the Holly actress will do the "bit of everything" English accent. I doubt she'll do an accent at all, tbh.
TAC
Spoiler:
'I must go,Butler,' said Artemis firmly.'My mind is eating me alive.I think the guilt is the main problem.I must do whatever I can to atone.'
'And?' said Butler,unconvinced.
Artemis held his arms out so that Foaly could drape the suit sleeves over them.
'And I will not be beaten by that jackass.'
'Jackass?'said Foaly,wounded.‘My favourite uncle is a jackass.'
From here
Spoiler:
If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling "It does DEATH!" may be correct but is not the manner in which one should answer.
The proper way to report to Professor McGonagall is "You wanted to see me, Professor?" Not "I have it on good authority that you have no evidence."
I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwarts' smartest student is in another house.
I will not conjure up lemons and say-Life hath given thou LEMONS!

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name:Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:18 am

things I do NOT want to see in the movie:

1) Freddy Highmore - I want Artemis to be older so that older people can watch the movie without feeling stupid, and Holly of course has to show interest in him so he couldn't be this chubby little adolescent whose voice hasn't changed. If they're going to change this movie (and they will) they might as well do something right and make him a little older. I nominate Skandar from Narnia, personally, or an unknown. Someone with a REAL Irish accent.
2) Keira Knightly - If Keira were Holly, there would be more lip-pursing than gun-fighting. Which would be disgusting. Holly has to be tough, not a beauty queen, and certainly not played by an actress who knows she is a beauty queen. Besides, Keira would be too unbelievable after all her other movies. Everyone would be thinking - Elizabeth Swann. No one would believe her as Holly.
3) Mulch in action - I have a feeling several directors would snatch this up as a crude-humor bit to make the film an R lol. I really have no desire to see Mulch Diggums doing his thing. It's alright to read about, but I really believe this part should be done as tastefully as possible when in film.
4) Changed dialogue - I don't think people would dare mess with the dialogue thing (who could write more snapping dialogue than EC, right?) but I do think that the delivery of this dialogue will be extremely important and most likely botched up by the actors they pick. Can't you picture Keira going: "If you know so much about us, then you know what happens when they locate me" with her big lips and her little cool head jiggle? It would totally ruin it! Or what about Freddy Highmore with his slurred little soft voice going: "Metaphorically or literally?" with his innocent, zoned-out expression. Ugh ugh ugh.
5) Opal - as an innocent-looking girl. I saw some nominations for her part on Google and they all look rather tame. Opal cannot be tame - she has to look like a devious, horribly hard and beautiful person. Maybe get Keira for her . . .someone who thinks she's princess of the world.

[/center]
Them, we liked

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:13 pm

3) Mulch in action - I have a feeling several directors would snatch this up as a crude-humor bit to make the film an R lol. I really have no desire to see Mulch Diggums doing his thing. It's alright to read about, but I really believe this part should be done as tastefully as possible when in film.
I completely agree with this. That would just make the film really...awkward... I don't think it would make it an R rated film (if that's what you were saying), but it would just be unpleasant.
5) Opal - as an innocent-looking girl. I saw some nominations for her part on Google and they all look rather tame. Opal cannot be tame - she has to look like a devious, horribly hard and beautiful person. Maybe get Keira for her . . .someone who thinks she's princess of the world.
I've never actually looked up any things that list who people want to play the characters (probably because they would just really irritate me), but I agree with what you said about Opal needing to have a dark-beauty about her. I can kind of see Kiera pulling that off, but she's need black hair (right?). ha, that'd be kind of awesome though, cause if she had black hair, you wouldn't really picture her as Elizabeth.
ImageImage Image

Frondish17
Pixie

Postby Frondish17 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:38 am

Keira could be Opal. Let Keira be Opal so Keira is not Holly!!

[/center]
Them, we liked

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Did you read somewhere that Kiera Knightly is rumored to play her or something...? Because you seem to be really freaking out about her...
ImageImage Image

Frondish17
Pixie

Postby Frondish17 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:52 am

Yes. I freak out easily when it comes to casting particular people for particular roles, even if the threat is only a rumor. Actually, I saw Keira playing Holly in a fanmade trailor on this site . . . it kind of freaked me out, and then on the Eoin Colfer Official Website I found many people were advocating her for the role. So yes, I am freaked. Even though I seriously doubt she will play, it is the thought that gets me upset.

[/center]
Them, we liked

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Oh well, yeah, I guess that gives you credibility to freak out. But I seriously doubt that EC would let that happen. (of course, she isn't really that old I guess...NO!
He better just want unknowns, seriously, unknowns!!

Now you're freaking me out.
The age difference between the two of them can not be drastic!
ImageImage Image

Return to “The Movie”