Artemis Fowl - 2D Movie?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
RickW
Goblin

Re: Artemis Fowl - 2D Movie?

Postby RickW » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Isn't it illegal to do this? Colfer has to give the rights to them, like he did with the actual movie, doesn't he? They paid a lot of money for that. Fan-art and fan-fiction is okay, but a movie? I don't think that's legal. But if it is, good luck and congratz :D
GREETINGS!!

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Kelsey Rain

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:08 pm

No! It's completely legal because it's fan-made. We would need rights if we were using official soundtracks and such, but everything will be purely invented and fan-made. It's like making a spoof video on Youtube, or acting out a scene on Youtube. You don't need the rights to make something fan-made. :lick:

xybolic
Pixie
Real First Name: Aji
AFC Fan Fiction Name: xybolic

Postby xybolic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:33 am

RickW wrote: Fan-art and fan-fiction is okay, but a movie?

I actually call our work a fan film. :lick:

Like Kelsey said, it's fan made. But our soundtracks though, are original. Right Kelsey? ;D

silverphoenix
Elf

Postby silverphoenix » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:45 pm

This sounds really interesting, I've never seen a fan film before (unless you count spoofs on youtube), but an entire animation is a new concept.
"Did someone say Draco Malfoy?"

xybolic
Pixie

Postby xybolic » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:59 am

silverphoenix wrote:This sounds really interesting, I've never seen a fan film before (unless you count spoofs on youtube), but an entire animation is a new concept.

I'm gonna make an 'official' thread after our director gives me the 'official' statement or something. But yes, we are doing it. And it's going really well so far!
http://artemisfowlthemovie.deviantart.com/

RickW
Goblin

Postby RickW » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:04 pm

xybolic wrote:
silverphoenix wrote:This sounds really interesting, I've never seen a fan film before (unless you count spoofs on youtube), but an entire animation is a new concept.

I'm gonna make an 'official' thread after our director gives me the 'official' statement or something. But yes, we are doing it. And it's going really well so far!

I've seen some of it, most of the characters don't look like i imagined them lol :P (Foaly with glasses and long hair) But i think it could be really cool! Good luck :D
GREETINGS!!

xybolic
Pixie

Postby xybolic » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:25 pm

RickW wrote:
xybolic wrote:

I've seen some of it, most of the characters don't look like i imagined them lol :P (Foaly with glasses and long hair) But i think it could be really cool! Good luck :D

I think that's just our director looking for more depictions of Foaly. But look at this. ;)
http://artemisfowlthemovie.deviantart.c ... /#/d2m79mk
That's the promo storyboard. It may not look like the Foaly you imagined, but it CAN be Foaly too.

IamAtool
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Autumn

Postby IamAtool » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:03 am

Wow. O__O
I would actually pay the people money if they actually did this. XD

:o
ImageImageImageImage

Cupcakes, Dinosaurs, Robots, and Broken Hearts; Oh, My!

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:33 pm

So this is actually happening?!

I'm trying to process that.

I kind of want to help too, but I don't think I have the time.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Frondish17
Pixie
Real First Name: Liv
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Frondish17

Postby Frondish17 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:43 am

Personally, I don't think a 2D movie would be a bad idea at all - as actually I picture it 2D in my head whenever I'm reading or listening to the books lol I think that way it would be easier to make the faeries interact with the humans without making it look fake or CGI, ykwim? I think that an awesome company like Fox should do this job (have you seen the animated movie Anastasia? It's amazing, the cartooning!) and they should get unknowns for the voices - or at least unknowns for the lead roles and maybe some featured actors for side characters.

As for this fanmade movie - I am totally excited about it! I wouldn't be able to do anything to help because i am currently in a heap of schoolwork and am only forum-ing now because I am a terrible procrastinator who needs to be locked in a cell with nothing but her AP History book, but I am totally rooting for everyone who is participating! Please be true to the stories, for the sake of all of us people stuck at home with no way of contributing!

[/center]
Them, we liked

AFFan.lollipop
Pixie
Real First Name: Elizabeth

Postby AFFan.lollipop » Wed May 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Kelsey Rain (: wrote:Idk. But the only reason I'm uncomfortable is because this director is:

1. 13 years old
2. Rude
3. I asked her to confirm my callback, and she's been on but hasn't answered me.
4. And I've had enough experience in theatre to have rude directors and I know that it's not a situation you want to be in.

Honestly, I really want to be Holly in this because I want to be acknowleged, but she doesn't answer my questions or messages without sounding annoyed, so I don't want to ask her anything else.

I know some of my fellow 13 year olds would fit the bill. I HATE those two. They are snotty brats and..... And...
Don't blink.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more of a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.... Stuff."

I have a lot of fandoms.
Spoiler:
Doctor Who, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Elementary, Torchwood, Starkid, and Homestuck are some of them.

I'm loosing it. I lost it. Maddie ate it.

Emmi-Kat
Pixie
Real First Name: Emma

Postby Emmi-Kat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:26 pm

Too bad the project has died down. But, hopefully, I'll be getting a tablet and Flash and will be able to contribute to the group a little bit more!
"We all have our own time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams." ~Jeremy Irons

Check out my gallery on dA! http://emmi-kat.deviantart.com/

Law D-D Zhang
Cave Troll

Postby Law D-D Zhang » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:03 am

how about Imax

Code: Select all

DADA

Return to “The Movie”