Artemis Fowl - 2D Movie?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Kelsey Rain

Artemis Fowl - 2D Movie?

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:06 am

So there is news that a 2D AF movie will be made by a huge team of people on DeviantArt. I had learned the voice role of Holly was taken, but then I recieved this:

ArtemiFowlSeries
from ~Aicent
to ~KelseyRainAtlantis
I am constructing a movie project, based on the popular series Artemis Fowl.I was hoping you could join our team as a voice actor,you could either play Holly short, or Juliet , butlers sister, or maybe commander Vinyaya.Are you interested in assisting me?
*by July of this year this will most likely be a paying job.

I told her I would die to play Holly Short, and that I was definitely not interested in being paid. So, now I have to send in an audition voice-over of my favorite lines from the first book (which, as an actor, complicates things A LOT [and I lost the first book :/])

Anyone else recieve a message similar? What are your thoughts on it? Tankies :blush:
Last edited by Kelsey Rain (: on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joy
Mud Man

Re: Artemis Fowl - 2D Movie?

Postby Joy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:37 am

Oh my god...what are you saying?are you joking or is this serious?you are one lucky gal if this is true...i am having that AF fans rushing at me vision again(*feels proud*)but i couldn't get what you said about the voice thingie could you please be a bit more clear and narrate the entire thing again...(you must be really excited)...

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:40 pm

No, it's not a joke. I know Xybolic got offered to be an animation designer (?). The director's a little mad at me for answering late though, but I think it was due to a technical error thanks to the website. I don't have a microphone though, so I don't really know how to upload a voice audition of myself. :(

And if this thing gets big, then yeah! I'll get pretty excited, especially if I do get Holly :laughing:

tahtswutshesed
Pixie
Real First Name: Casey

Postby tahtswutshesed » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Yay Kelsey!!! I'm rootin' for you!! And Xybolic!!!

I haven't been in DA for a while now, so I'm a little upset that I hadn't been checking back in for something like this! *runs off to DA*

You should mention that I'm interested in helping! In doing anything! :D
"Mom! Haruhi's using foul language!"
"'Mom' being...?"
"Position-wise, probably me."
-OHSHC

"Don't call me Julius! You always do that before you disobey me!"
-TOD

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders."
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?
-AVPM

"Oh great. Just what this team needs, another smartass."
-TLC

My page on FF.Net: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tahtswutshesed
My official fan art: http://rad-mania.deviantart.com/
Spoiler:
Yeahhhh, I'm an A/Her. And I'm NOT a freak.

Joy
Mud Man

Postby Joy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:57 pm

Do keep us informed about the developments...though i still find it hard to believe all this...and what do you(Kelsey Rain)mean you don't have a microphone...go get one immediately...you can't chuck Holly's role just because of some stupid microphone :eyeroll: :angry3: :eyeroll: ...has the entire thing started...or is it still being finalised :ohmy: :ohmy: :sneaky: ???

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:55 pm

I have $90 bucks, so I'll make a voice memo of my audition and if I get it, THEN I'll buy a microphone and webcam, although I don't know how exactly to work either. My dad does though, thank gods he's a techie. And Casey, just go on DA and message the girl who sent me the message. :lick:

Joy
Mud Man

Postby Joy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:06 am

Oh great...but has the entire thing started or is it still being finalised?oh do let me know whether you are selected or not! and get that microphone and webcam fast...

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:54 pm

So, I already have a microphone, according to my dad. o.O I don't need a webcam....I think. And it's still being finalized.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:34 pm

That's so awesome Kelsey! So this isn't like a national thing, it's just some people on Deviant Art? That's weird. Why are they doing this? And how do they know that you would be good as a voice actor?
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Joy
Mud Man

Postby Joy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:40 pm

lotrfan wrote:That's so awesome Kelsey! So this isn't like a national thing, it's just some people on Deviant Art? That's weird. Why are they doing this? And how do they know that you would be good as a voice actor?

Exactly ...why are these people doing this...???

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:23 pm

I had to send in a recording of my voice, acting out random Holly lines from the book. I was a bit uncomfortable with it, since I am a stage actor and have never done voice-overs in my life, and it was difficult to portray each emotion correctly without other characters to help build up dialogue, but it was fun nonetheless.

The director wrote back to me and said she really liked it, and basically hinted at me to make another one (A call-back :D), but hasn't confirmed it.

Then, the Editor-in-Chief wrote to me that she wanted to hear it too, and I sent it to her too but haven't heard anything yet.

:( Waiting makes me nervous.

EDIT: Oh, and they said they're doing it because the real life AF movie isn't getting anywhere, so "the fans are taking over". :D

I also think that if it becomes really great and Eoin Colfer sees it, and says he likes Holly's voice actor and would like to have her audition for the movie in real life, ;D, then there we go :loveeyes: :shiny:

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:35 pm

That's so cool. You should put it on here so we can hear it. :laughing:

Is this just a Deviant Art thing? They should put something about it on this site.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:38 pm

I think that for now it's just a DeviantArt thing. And HELL NAH. I'm not putting my terrible voice acting on here...I'm not very comfortable with being judged by my voice...my facial expressions are my strong point. (Well...I think it's sucky because it's me :P )

Colour Insanity
Gremlin
Real First Name: Laura

Postby Colour Insanity » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:23 pm

This sounds really cool. I'm jealous you get to have a part in it :glaring: Do you know when they aim to be finished for?

I would join DA just for this :laughing: Though I have no artistic talent to contribute.
"I am sure you have heard it said that appearance doesn't matter so much, and that it is what is on the inside that counts. That is, of course, utter nonsense, because if it were true then people who were good on the inside would never have to comb their hair or take a bath, and the whole world would smell worse than it already does." - Lemony Snicket :3

Man, maths compasses hurt when you get poked with them.

...ZAP C:

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:22 pm

They said around 2 years. But, the director is being very cold and rude to me. I almost told her off, "Tip #1 about this buisness, if you ever want to be successful, don't be an asshole to your fellow crew. They're HELPING YOU, BITCH."

Ughhh. Whatever. And she hasn't answered in like a week, so I don't even care anymore.

Return to “The Movie”