Should There Really Be A Movie?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
ArtemisSt.Crow
Cave Troll
Should There Really Be A Movie?

Postby ArtemisSt.Crow » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:34 pm

I feel the need for Hollywood to not wreck my childhood dreams, thank you.
-swim fast

Polly Little
Cave Troll

Re: Should There Really Be A Movie?

Postby Polly Little » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 am

Well, theres always the chance it could be a good movie...

AlaMulyMala
Swear Toad
Real First Name:Ally

Postby AlaMulyMala » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:12 am

Ah yeah if they make a movie I sure do hope hollywood doesn't mess it up and get everything wrong like they did for that avatar the last airbender movie. I cried at all the things wrong.
"Help me carry my dragon bones"
"darn it woman, carry your own"
"...........FUS RO DAH!"

dtfba

Art is my second language AlaMulyMala.deviantart.com

darkshadowpy
Gremlin
Real First Name:Casey
AFC Fan Fiction Name:CoralShortandFowl

Postby darkshadowpy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:51 pm

No. definitely no. Every directer and producer and creator of book based movies, well that is to say,
THEY TEAR THE BOOK UP BEFORE READING IT AND THEN CREATE A HORRIBLE , PLOTLESS MOVIE FROM THE PIECES. I hate those movies.
No movie.
AFHS (Artemis/holly) or
TK/HS (Trouble/holly)?

"If I cannot simply be me, then there is no me for me to be"- Yours truly

bluealice
Atlantean
Real First Name:Alsacia

Postby bluealice » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:29 am

I think, they should, it would be more famous (and I've been waiting for the movie since I read the book), and they shouldn't 'cause it might change the whole point and plot. So I'm not really sure.... I just hope it's gonna be a good movie :)
ZZZ

Leah
Cave Troll

Postby Leah » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:02 am

I see why many fans of Artemis Fowl don't want a movie, but let's face the truth: it will become more popular and gain new fans when it becomes a movie. I think it would be fair to bring real popularity to Artemis Fowl, cause it's worth it 8)

artificialGenius
Sprite
AFC Fan Fiction Name:artificialGenius

Postby artificialGenius » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:32 am

No. definitely no. Every directer and producer and creator of book based movies, well that is to say,
THEY TEAR THE BOOK UP BEFORE READING IT AND THEN CREATE A HORRIBLE , PLOTLESS MOVIE FROM THE PIECES. I hate those movies.
No movie.
Obviously, you haven't seen or read Hugo (the book is called The Invention of Hugo Cabaret). I haven't finished reading it yet, but the movie was fantastic and one of the friends I went to see it with could only remember one part that wasn't in the book. Plus, what I have read of the book the movie got right. There are good movies made from books (even if there are more bad ones), you just haven't seen them, I guess.

I think there should be a movie... Though I am making my friend come along so I can have a shoulder to cry on/person to rant about it at if it turns out to be bad.

Plus what Leah said. I'd love it if I could mention Artemis Fowl to people and they'd have an idea of what I was talking about, since almost everyone who I thought would've read it either hasn't but wants to or hasn't even heard of it.
My avatar was made by feastings on tumblr.
"Well, you've gotta stop selling your soul to the devil. He's just gonna want more and more, it's like a drug."

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:36 am

If they made Artemis Fowl like they did Harry Potter, with a cast of excellent actors, and without an added romantic subplot (but Eoin C. is working on the movie! There's thankfully no chance of the last one), then Artemis Fowl- The Movie would live up to the book's high standards.
Personally, I'm thrilled that Mr. Colfer is working on the movie. That has decreased the chances of us having to see a sexy and ditsy Holly, a friendly and disarming Artemis, or a witty and focused Juliet. At least the characters are safe!
Mr. Colfer has stated that there will be different plot twists than in the book. That's a little bit worrisome, but at least it's Mr. Colfer that's writing them.

I personally think that there should be a movie, since it will be well made and have author input, and it will expand the fanbase of one of the greatest writers of our time!

artificialGenius
Sprite
AFC Fan Fiction Name:artificialGenius

Postby artificialGenius » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:28 am

I can see a "witty and focused" Juliet, actually. Not in the first book, no, but in the later ones.
I don't really see how anyone could read those interpretations of Artemis and Holly as correct, and I certainly wouldn't find those more appealing than how they are in the books.
Actually I'd get pretty mad if they were to do that.
My avatar was made by feastings on tumblr.
"Well, you've gotta stop selling your soul to the devil. He's just gonna want more and more, it's like a drug."

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:19 pm

artificalGenius: I should have clarified. Sorry. Nobody who'se read the books would see those as correct character interpretations, but the people who only watched the movie would be incredibly deluded.
I agree with you- I'd get really angry if they messed up the book that badly. (Like what happened with Percy Jackson, which was maddening.) But it's nice knowing that the author is working on the film- sort of like insurance for a better movie.

Emmi-Kat
Sprite
Real First Name:Emma

Postby Emmi-Kat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:59 pm

If they could get the people who did, say, Harry Potter, then yes. But if there's even a chance that it will turn out like Percy Jackson, then definitely not! I'm eager to see the Hunger Games movie, though. :)
"We all have our own time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams." ~Jeremy Irons

Check out my gallery on dA! http://emmi-kat.deviantart.com/

magicman60
Cave Troll

Postby magicman60 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Yes there should be a movie.After all the books they should'nt stop.Everyone is entitled to there own opinon. Personly I think there should be a movie, but its not our decision.

BeckettFoxriverFowl
Gremlin

Postby BeckettFoxriverFowl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Yes there should be a movie :)
Hmmmmm.....I forgot what i was going to say...
Spoiler:
What I was going to say Beckett

Artemis_the_Hunter
Swear Toad
Location:Um...let me check...nope, I'm still not at Fowl Manor. I think we took a wrong turn, somewhere...

Postby Artemis_the_Hunter » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:03 am

Ah yeah if they make a movie I sure do hope hollywood doesn't mess it up and get everything wrong like they did for that avatar the last airbender movie. I cried at all the things wrong.
Yeah, Avatar: the Last Airbender movie was terrible, wasn't it? And, they pronounced half the names wrong! It was like the director didn't even watch the animation!

I personally rather like the idea of an AF movie. Obviously, I'd be very sad if they wrecked it completely, and it almost definitely won't be much like the images in my head, but I still think they should make one. If anything, AF just deserves to be made into a movie!
"Welcome, ExtraOrdinary Wizard with purple snakes on her feet. Welcome to the Chamber of Fyre."
-Duglius Drummin, Fyre

Spoiler:
"The clone lay with her eyes uncharacteristically bright and what might have been a smile on her face. She seemed to focus on Artemis for a moment, then the light died in her eyes, and she was gone. She was peaceful at the end, and, unlike the other fairies, no soul detached itself from her body."
-Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian

~RIP Nopal, Commander Julius Root, Wing Commander Raine Vinyaya, Gopdaw, Oro, Bellico, Coral Short, Opal Koboi (Yes, she was a megalomaniac, but she was simply the best supervillian ever.), and anyone else whom I forgot to mention. You guys were amazing.~
Proud Irish dancer for seven years!

Emmi-Kat
Sprite
Real First Name:Emma

Postby Emmi-Kat » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:56 am

And maybe by making the movie, they will introduce more people to the books!
"We all have our own time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams." ~Jeremy Irons

Check out my gallery on dA! http://emmi-kat.deviantart.com/

Return to “The Movie”