How Many People want the AF Movie to Happen?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!

I'm all for it!
58%
Meh.
17%
No Way!
25%

Total votes: 12

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan
Real First Name: Lucy

Postby AF Lover » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:21 pm

The progress on the AF movie is slow-going, but if a huge amount of people vote "I'm all for it!" then we could show Eoin HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT IT!

So vote!

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name: Keara. -_-

Re: How Many People want the AF Movie to Happen?

Postby KearaAdara » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:43 am

I voted "NO WAY!" Because you know, I hate Artemis Fowl and all that has to do with it, y'know? That's why I'm on this forum.

We all want the AF movie to come out, right now. Having only joined the fandom maybe... A year and a half ago? I already can't wait, so I can't imagine what it'd be like for the people that have waited 10 years. :( :( :( Could we do a petition?!

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:46 pm

KearaAdara wrote:I voted "NO WAY!" Because you know, I hate Artemis Fowl and all that has to do with it, y'know? That's why I'm on this forum.

We all want the AF movie to come out, right now. Having only joined the fandom maybe... A year and a half ago? I already can't wait, so I can't imagine what it'd be like for the people that have waited 10 years. :( :( :( Could we do a petition?!

A petition is on my list of website things to do - expect it by next week. :laughing:

I first read Artemis Fowl in 2011, and have been waiting for a movie in the 14 years since.

That's over half of my life. I've spent over HALF of my LIFE waiting for this movie.

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person

Postby KearaAdara » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Matt wrote:I first read Artemis Fowl in 2011, and have been waiting for a movie in the 14 years since.

That's over half of my life. I've spent over HALF of my LIFE waiting for this movie.

I'm guessing you mean 2001. I was BORN in 2001. Ngggh, the petition is slowing down. I'm so pissed, to be honest. We only need a couple thousand more!

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan

Postby AF Lover » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:03 pm

KearaAdara wrote: Ngggh, the petition is slowing down. I'm so pissed, to be honest. We only need a couple thousand more!

We need 3,568 more signatures, to be exact. I'll try to write an article for my school newspaper to get more, but I'm not sure if they'll publish it. I'll do a book review then!

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person

Postby KearaAdara » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:15 am

How many people are there in your school? I have a HUGE school population, but they aren't really interested in AF.

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan

Postby AF Lover » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:25 pm

KearaAdara wrote:How many people are there in your school? I have a HUGE school population, but they aren't really interested in AF.

My current elementary school has 900 kids, but my upcoming middle school has over 1,500.

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person

Postby KearaAdara » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:06 am

I'm not sure how many I have, I'm estimating something like 2000, maybe? And not one of them know/care about AF. :(

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan

Postby AF Lover » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:27 pm

KearaAdara wrote: And not one of them know/care about AF. :(

The kid I sit next to said that he didn't like Artemis Fowl and I was like "How can you not like Artemis Fowl, you utter imbecile!" (Okay, so maybe I didn't say that...) But he didn't even know AF was a series! :cursing:

The only person I know that like AF is my pie-loving friend, but she's only read the Graphic Novels because I forced her to. :>

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:58 am

I don't know a single other person at my school who's read AF. There was this guy who was reading one of the books at recess, and this other guy who checked out the Time Paradox, but I'm not holding out much hope for either even bothering to look up this forum, plus I barely know them anyway. It sucks when you're obsessed with a series no one else knows about. Thank goodness for forums! I'm happy we got so many signatures on the petition in the first place, but I really, really want to reach the goal.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Alice

Postby AliceFowl » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:33 pm

I feel like a movie would be a good way to get people to read the books...but then it'll cause there to be a whole lot of brand new, 12 year old fans who become really annoying. =_= Then again, at this rate, who knows what will happen.
Alice

Cosplayer. Shinigami. Some know me as the Shiki.

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person

Postby KearaAdara » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:17 am

AliceFowl wrote:I feel like a movie would be a good way to get people to read the books...but then it'll cause there to be a whole lot of brand new, 12 year old fans who become really annoying. =_= Then again, at this rate, who knows what will happen.

I currently like this cosy little community to be honest, but I wouldn't mind a boom of AF fans coming in, add a bit more life to this place. :laughing: :laughing: I'll miss it pre-movie, of course, but still...

Pre-movie users should get special names/ranks/badges/titles or something.... Just saying

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Alice

Postby AliceFowl » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:59 pm

I feel like that's true too...which is why I'm a bit conflicted to be honest. Then again most of us have been in this fandom so long that we'll be able to tell ourselves apart from "movie fans" anyway. But all the same. I think AF deserves a movie and I'm excited about it, but at the same time I agree with you.
Alice

Cosplayer. Shinigami. Some know me as the Shiki.

NerdGurl
Gremlin
Real First Name: Kaeli
AFC Fan Fiction Name: NerdGurl

Postby NerdGurl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:10 am

No Artemis Fowl movie! It's not because I don't like AF enough, but because I love it too much. I don't want it to be like the Percy Jackson movies. Those were bad movies!

Return to “The Movie”