Famous Actor/Director to direct

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
arsenalabu
Cave Troll
Famous Actor/Director to direct

Postby arsenalabu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:19 pm

I haven't seen anything about this in the forums, but EC did an interview a few weeks back about promoting his local area.

He also told the interviewer that a famous actor/directer and a writer have been secured for the film.
The link is here and the relevant part starts at 7 minutes, although the whole interview is really good.

Seeing as its Disney, I'd have my money on Jon Favreau or Kenneth Branagh.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Re: Famous Actor/Director to direct

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:40 am

Oh man, this is awesome (we so desperately need a movie; they threw some stuff out about it back in 2013, then as far as I know, we didn't hear anymore). So, let me know if I have anything off, but I think the last thing we heard Disney Studios/Harvey Weinstein teamed up to produce the movie, with the screenplay being written by Michael Goldenberg (the one who wrote the screenplay for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix). Now Eoin Colfer says a famous director has been chosen to direct the film. It's nice to hear they haven't forgotten about it, I'm so looking forward to it.

I must say, I kind of like Colfer's attitude toward the whole thing. He feels fine trusting those working on the movie to make it great, and leaves them free to do what they have to do to get it ready to go up in movie form. Of course, there are probably some things we wouldn't want to see that would sort of mess up the integrity of the characters and violate the spirit of the original book (a 15-year-old Artemis for instance, or Holly-Artemis romantic undertones), but to be honest, a lot of the new book-movies that have come out recently have been excellent adaptations. (The Hunger Games series comes to mind, as well as Divergent, Ender's Game, the entire HP series [though that one's a bit older], probably among others I'm not thinking of.) And I'll be looking forward to seeing the special effects and settings, if nothing else. (I really, really hope they make the movie.)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name:Alice

Re: Famous Actor/Director to direct

Postby La Souris Bleue » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:19 pm

but to be honest, a lot of the new book-movies that have come out recently have been excellent adaptations. (The Hunger Games series comes to mind, as well as Divergent, Ender's Game)
Er... Naaaaah ^^'' Not okay with that statement at ALL. But well.

I do hope there'll be an AF movie too... But the more I hear about the current project, the deeper I feel like I'll be highly disappointed. From now on I think I'll just try to forget about it, and see what we'll finally get, but I don't want to put too much hope nor faith in this Disney-AF-movie-project anymore.
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''
~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

Return to “The Movie”