My Ideal cast

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Lady Fei Fei
Elf
Real First Name:Irene
Re: My Ideal cast

Postby Lady Fei Fei » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:01 am

I think Missy Peregrym would be good as Holly Short :)

Here's a picture:

http://www.dose.ca/3281754.bin?size=dose462
"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things because we're curious, and curiousity keeps leading us down new paths."
~Walt Disney

"And the bottom line is, what defines you isn't how many times you crash, but the number of times you get back on the bike. As long as it's one more, you're all good."
~Along for the Ride

Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't care me at all. Nothing's like before.

Kiki
Atlantean

Postby Kiki » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:34 am

For some reason I can’t imagine any “pre-existing” actors playing the Artemis Fowl characters in the movies. All boys are already too old or not Irish enough to play Artemis. All actresses are too old to play Holly. And everyone else is just... I can’t see it in my mind. Sure this will change once I see the movie, but now it’s just hard.

Except for Opal.

For some reason I always imagined Opal to be a younger Kristin Chenoweth, voice and all. Now I think that she is too old to play her, but if the movie was an animation, she could totally voice her XD
Word of the month: Work

Writers: Editors are your friends, not your mortal enemies. We are not trying to destroy your style, your hard work or even your life. Believe me =)

I see you

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 am

Kristin Chenoweth does have that pixie touch, doesn't she? Though hopefully the person who plays Opal will wear slightly more clothes... :lick:

Missy Peregrym has way too pale skin. I guess that with fake tan or whatever she could look like Holly, but that's not how I ever saw Holly.

Why don't any models wear freaking clothes?!
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

fairfarren
Gremlin

Postby fairfarren » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:50 pm

^^^

(*ROFL!*) I KNOW! :laughing:

Well, the fairy uniform is pretty much a catsuit, so whoever plays Holly and Opal,
Would probably need to be pretty confident with themselves...

BTW, I think I got another idea, for who would be a great Holly:
How about Mary Elizabeth Winstead, aka Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World ?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935541/

She's def. got both the attitude and the looks, imo, but I don't know...

Oh: and Kristin would be a great Opal! She's very cute, and very funny, both of which are key parts of the character, but I'm kind of the fence, on whether or not she could be really evil like Opal is.
Ehh, she's a good actress. she could probably handle it. 8)

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Honestly, if it were made into an animated movie then anyone could play the characters. Here's my cast for the animated movie:

Artemis Fowl Sr: David Bowie
Artemis Fowl Jr: Someone unknown
Holly Short: Hallie Berrie (Maybe)
Butler: Gerrard Butler
Commander Root: Liam Neeson
Juliette: Ellen Page
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name:bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:43 pm

I'm not sure who I'd choose for an animated film, but for live action...

Artemis Fowl II- Asa Butterfield
Butler- Jason Straitham (sp?)
Commander Root- Robert De Niro
Trouble Kelp- Richard Armitage
Holly Short- Billie Piper

This list just came to me today.

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

micgalnixon
Cave Troll

Postby micgalnixon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:38 pm

I really appreciate your ideal cast , But In some area you have to make a changes into them .

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name:Alice

Postby La Souris Bleue » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:00 pm

*takes a broom, put on a Run Lola Run song and prepares to undust the topic*

Soo. I mentioned in my introducing post that I've been dreaming about adapting the book since I'm about 10/11. Which means I've got a lot of ideas, especially about the cast, so I'll do it short - name of character, actor/actress, little explanation then move on -, otherwise the post will be awfully long x)

Artemis - Unknown
To me, the best pick for Artemis would be a young, talented and unknown actor. It will sting the fans' curiosity, and maybe launch a career.

Holly - Ellen Page
Already explained in the topic dedicated to Holly, but I put on the photo back, because it's so damn hot *O*
Spoiler:
If she doesn't fit (which is very unlikely because she's a perfect actress), maybe Franka Potente from Run Lola Run. Badass, cute and charismatic, the perfect combination =3

Butler - Bruce Willis
Jason Statham is most likely to be picked as he's mentioned in a lot of articles, but personally I think Bruce Willis would be better. He's a bit older, and looks more experienced (he is indeed by the way) and mature, it would be better even though the character is supposed to be quite young (about thirty I think), he has been through a lot.

Opal Koboi - Christina Ricci
My second favourite actress. She just has the perfect look for an evil machiavelic pixie (no offense, it's a compliment), just look at any picture, you can just draw pointy ears about her hair :D
Spoiler:
Angeline - Natalie Portman
She might look a bit too young, but to me it's still the best : she can portray a character as sunny and tender as also fragile and insane - best example being this movie which convinced everybody that every ballet dancer was a schizophrenic psychopath called Black Swan.
Spoiler:
Commander Root - Robert De Niro
No need to explain. Just look at the picture, he even as the cigare !
Spoiler:
Vinyaya - Jodie Foster
My third favourite actress ! No need to explain either, she's just one of the best actress ever. Plus that would be fun to see her with De Niro again after Taxi Driver :D
Spoiler:
Juliet - Elle Fanning
Dakota's little sister, just as talented but with something more than makes me like her better, no idea what.
Spoiler:
Minerva - Garance le Guillermic
She's maybe a bit old now, but anyway, if they don't pick a French actress to play Minerva, I'll kidnap a warlock demon from another dimension just to turn them into giant steacks then throw them to the lions.
Spoiler:
Foaly - Either Benedict Cumberbatch or Stephen Merchant
Because Cumberbatch is a good actor, but Stephen Merchant, who voiced Portal 2's best character, Wheatley, might be very funny.
Spoiler:
no picture of Benedict, I think everybody knows him ^^
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''
~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

Merv Simestra
Commander
Real First Name:Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:00 pm

I looked through your list, and had to post just to say yes, this list is practically perfect. I definitely say Artemis should be an unknown. And Natalie Portman sounds like a really good pick for Angeline. I never thought of her before. :)

And welcome to the forums! :)
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.
Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.
Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Yona of the Dawn, Most Epic Romantic Manga

Shut up, I know I'm trash.

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name:Alice

Postby La Souris Bleue » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Well thanks ! I'm glad you think Artemis should be an unknown too, usually I feel a lot lonelier with this ^^'
And about Natalie Portman, actually as far as I can remember I've always pictured her as Angeline when I read the books.
A fun fact when I reread my ideal cast, practically all my favourites started their acting career as young actors : Natalie Portman in Leon (one of my favourite movies of all times, she's just so badass and cute in it !^^), Christina Ricci in The Addams Family movies, and Elle Fanning, Jodie Foster... even Ellen Page started at 10 or 11 ! If it goes on with my cast it's gonna be the child actors movie x) I've always been fascinated by child actors, especially those who manage a successful career after their debuts ; that must also be why I'm so for an unknown starring Artemis. Hmmm.
And welcome to the forums! :)
Thanks !! :D It's been a long time since I've seen an active Artemis Fowl forum (the French one is practically dead by now :'(), I really think I'm going to like it here ! :)
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''
~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

Return to “The Movie”