CH - Submit a Quote [1 POINT]

AFC Rep-Points is a community initiative to rewards users who submit to AFC with points, which can be redeemed for fantastic prizes! For information on how to join the Rep-Points program, see this thread!
KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name:Keara. -_-
Re: CH - Submit a Quote [1 POINT]

Postby KearaAdara » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:41 am

“You did a good thing here. For its own sake. Not one penny of profit.”
“I know. I’m appalled.” - Holly Short and Artemis Fowl II, Chapter 16, PG 360, TTP

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:34 am

Last Guardian, Ch. 3, pg. 58:“Opal Koboi does not make plans; she writes operas.”—Foaly's thoughts
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:11 pm

"Or perhaps the exploding lamp was simply an exploding lamp" Artemis Fowl II's thoughts, pg. 115, ch. 4, the Lost Colony

"And, seeing as we're insulting each other, I always thought you'd be taller. Plus, your hips are wobbly."—Kolin Ozkopy, pg. 75, ch.4, the Last Guardian

"Underpants."—Beckett Fowl, Pg. 80, ch. 5, the Last Guardian

"Yes, well, the barely conceivable is Artemis Fowl's specialty."—Holly Short, Pg. 322, ch. 19, the Last Guardian

"And to turn from the light for too long could cost a person his soul."—the narrator, pg. 99, ch. 6, the Last Guardian

"Whatever's in there, I'm blaming Jayjay."—Mulch Diggums, Pg. 226, ch. 12, the Time Paradox

"Ludicrous. This entire affair. A dead boy escaping on an extinct animal."—Artemis Fowl II's thoughts, Pg. 299, ch. 13, the Time Paradox

"The hairy one is dead."—Domovoi Butler, Pg. 275, ch. 13, the Time Paradox

Edit:
"You teenagers are all the same. Let's see if your generation does any better with the planet."
"Believe me, we teenagers are not all the same. And I intend to do quite a bit better."—Adam Adamsson and Artemis Fowl II, pg. 11, ch. 1, the Atlantis Complex

"Those on the fringes of the law move faster than those bound by it, which is where I come in."—Artemis Fowl II, pg. 23, ch. 1, the Atlantis Complex

"So you're saying that Shelly is going to light a fart?"
" No, Shelly is going to light the fart. He has stored enough methane to power Haven for a year. There hasn't been a fart like this since the last dwarf tribal gathering."—Holly Short and Foaly, Pg. 37, ch. 2, the Time Paradox

"Look at my face, Holly. This is my stern face. Do not do it, Holly. Do not return to the island. Humans did every day, and we do not interfere. The LEP never interferes."
"I know the rules."—Holly Short, pg. 39, ch. 2, the Time Paradox

"I wish you would stop using me as a guinea pig."—Holly Short, pg. 33, ch. 2, the Time Paradox

"Ah, I see. Artemis Fowl never does what he's told."—No. 1, pg. 87, ch. 5, the Time Paradox

"Quantum zombies. I need to get a copy of that program."—Foaly, pg. 95, ch. 5, the Time Paradox

"I don't like it, Arty. But it's a good plan."—Holly Short, pg. 291, ch. 18, the Last Guardian

"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough."—Domovoi Butler, pg. 243, ch. 15, the Time Paradox

"Peace be within me, tolerance all around me, forgiveness in my path. Now, Mervall, tell me where the filthy human is so that I may feed him his organs."—Opal Koboi, pg. 310, ch. 13, the Time Paradox
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:25 pm

"Remember the pain that you are feeling now. The ache of utter defeat and hopelessness. And if you ever consider crossing swords with me again, review your memory of this pain, and perhaps you will think twice." —Artemis the younger, The Time Paradox, page 165
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:16 pm

“It's not a lemur. It's a monkey.”—Artemis Fowl II, pg. 371, ch. 15, the Time Paradox

“No guns. My aim is so bad that even with Holly's eye to help me, I would probably only succeed in shooting off a toe or two.”—Artemis Fowl II, pg. 351, ch. 14, the Time Paradox

“The manual, which you helped write, would advise me to retreat to a safe distance and construct a bivouac, but, with respect, those guidelines are a pile of troll weevils.”
“Wow. Nice respect. Do you know what the word respect actually means? I'm no book professor, but I'm pretty sure comparing my manual to a steaming pile of troll weevils does not constitute respect.”
“I never said steaming.”—Holly Short and Foaly, pages 94-95, ch. 3, the Atlantis Complex

“I like swear toads. I have two at home called Bleep and D'Arvit. They are very rude to me, but I know they don't mean it.”—No. 1, pg. 109-110, ch. 6, the Last Guardian

Sir italic now, is it? Your exact words were, and I quote—obviously since they are your exact words—you said that Artemis Fowl was 'crazier than a salt-water drinking troll with ringworm.'”—Trouble Kelp, pg. 249, ch. 8, the Atlantis Complex

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name:Keara. -_-

Postby KearaAdara » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:48 am

1. “I don’t feel anything. It’s a puppet. I can see your fingers through the material.” - Number 1, Chapter 3, Page 78, TLC

2. “What’s that even supposed to mean? A wolf’s head on a stick. Big wolf barbecue tonight. Bring your own wolf.” - Number 1, Chapter 4, Page 97, TLC

3. “Really. I’m trying to care, Artemis, really. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she’s singing, but it doesn’t appear to be over. - Holly Short, Chapter 4, Page 103, TLC

4. “How much time do I have?” “If you hurry… None.” - Artemis Fowl II and Holly Short, Chapter 4, Page 106, TLC

5. “A theatre. I’m in a theatre. With only seven and a half fingers. I only have seven and a half fingers, not the theatre.” - Number 1, Chapter 4, Page 108, TLC

6. “Demons don’t carry the fairy Book. They’re not much for rules.” “At least you have something in common.” - Holly Short and Domovoi Butler, Chapter 5, Page 117, TLC

7. Artemis had a vast mental reserve of scathing comebacks at his disposal, but none of them covered girlfriend insults. He wasn’t even sure if it was an insult. And if it was, who was being insulted? Him or the girl? - Artemis Fowl II’s thoughts, Chapter 5, Page 120, TLC

8. “I had visions of you two drinking tea at the beach, while I sweat it out here.”

Six metres from where Artemis was sitting, waves swirled along the beach like emerald paint poured from a bucket.

“Tea? At the beach? No time for luxuries, Holly.” - Artemis Fowl II and Holly Short, Chapter 5, Page 124, TLC

9. “Holly, I wish you wouldn’t appear like that. I’m a bodyguard. I get jumpy.” “I know, big man. That’s why I do it. Think of me as on-the-job training.” - Domovoi Butler and Holly Short, Chapter 5, Page 130, TLC

10. “You’ve hacked into the audio feed? Just what else can that phone of yours do?” “It can play solitaire and minesweeper.” - Foaly and Artemis Fowl II, Chapter 7, Page 161, TLC

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:15 am

"Chill, old dude. It's not like you're going to be much use anyway. Caballine knows Nine Sticks. What are you going to do? Throw a keyboard?"—Foaly's nav-bot, the Last Guardian, pg. 226, ch. 14

"Wasn't there a plasma cannon back here somewhere?"
"No. You donated that to the orphanage."—Foaly and his nav-bot, the Last Guardian, pg. 229, ch. 14

"Mommy's gonna push the big button."—Opal Koboi, the Last Guardian, pg. 300, ch. 18

"Sorry, Gobdaw. The human doesn't play fair."—Holly Short, the Last Guardian, pg. 173, ch. 10

Edit:
"The fairy ran through the mud in my shoes. These are kidskin shoes, Arty."
"He's quite precocious, n'est-ce pas?"
"Look who's talking, plume de am tante."—Myles Fowl, Artemis Fowl II, and Domovoi Butler, The Last Guardian, pg. 217, ch. 13

"I have always found desperation a wonderful motivator."—Opal Koboi's thoughts, The Last Guardian, pg. 300, ch. 18

"The tunnel runs to the back of the cellar, but the wall is plugged."
"Plugged with what?"
"I refer you to my last question: Do you really want to know?"—Artemis Fowl II and Mulch Diggums, The Last Guardian, pg. 157, ch. 9

"Children can be so cruel."—Artemis Fowl II, The Last Guardian, pg. 211, ch. 13

"Hurry! Get that glassy look off your face. Remember, there are killer crickets after us."—Holly Short, The Last Guardian, pg. 241, ch. 15

"Okay. Death cheated one more time. What's next, brainiac?"—Holly Short, The Last Guardian, pg. 278, ch. 16

"Artemis relinquished control without objection. This was not the time for macho argument. Holly was undeniably ten times the pilot he would ever be, and also several times more macho than he was."—the narrator, The Last Guardian, pg. 273, ch. 16

" We are not pirates. We are inhabiting pirates. Isn't that right, me hearties?"
" Arrr, Cap'n."
" I admit it. That sounded fairly piratelike."—Salton Finnacre and the other Berserker pirates, The Last Guardian, pg. 256, ch. 16

AliceFowl
Sprite

Postby AliceFowl » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm pretty sure someone's probably posted this, but...

"We're being led by an idiot with a crayon." -Root, The Arctic Incident

And in the first book Juliet made some dumb comment about Holly's mesmer voice, describing it as "Do re mi and all that."

I've just always found these funny...
it’s so nice to meet you, let’s never meet again

Return to “AFC Rep-Points!”