CH - Submit a Desktop Background [5 POINTS]

AFC Rep-Points is a community initiative to rewards users who submit to AFC with points, which can be redeemed for fantastic prizes! For information on how to join the Rep-Points program, see this thread!
Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name:Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Matt
CH - Submit a Desktop Background [5 POINTS]

Postby Matt » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:51 pm

The Challenge

AFC has an extensive range of Desktop Backgrounds, which you can see here, however we are always looking for more.

To claim this challenge, you must submit an Artemis Fowl background to AFC. Please post your wallpaper below.

Criteria

- The Wallpaper MUST be 1920 x 1080 in size. AFC Will resize wallpapers when submitting to the site.

THIS CHALLENGE IS WORTH 5 REP POINTS.

Troublelover16
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name:Faith
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Troublelover16

Re: CH - Submit a Desktop Background [5 POINTS]

Postby Troublelover16 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:08 pm

So we like put the actual image there? Or like a link to it? How are we supposed to do this with out the image being re-sized? Like I made a wallpaper and all..

Troublelover's Song of the Moment:
~A Million Dreams-The Greatest Showman~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQk-4f ... &index=268
Spoiler:
They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind
I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Oh, a million dreams for the world we're gonna make
2013 EA Winner of: The Friendly One, Best Taste in Avatars and Signatures,
Biggest AF Fanboy/Girl, Most Valued Non-Staff Contributor, Most Changed

2014/15 EA Winner of: Biggest Non-AF Fanboy/Girl

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People

Postby Matt » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:22 am

The best way to do it would be to post a link to the image - alternatively, you can send it to webmaster@artemis-fowl.com with your username and I'll make sure it goes into the tally. :)

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:38 am

But is it possible to post it? Sorry, I don't understand all this "resizing" and "link" stuff.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:02 am

Hi FadingLight,

It will be posted once submitted on the main Artemis Fowl Confidential site. If you want to submit it here, the best thing to do would be to upload it to Imgur and paste the link here. 8)

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:21 am

Huh! This is an interesting challenge. (Strangely, I didn't even know Confidential offered AF backgrounds, this is awesome.) This might seem like a strange question, but it looks like all the backgrounds use official AF artwork (even the fanmade backgrounds), such as from the graphic novel, or official covers. Does AF Confidential accept original, fan-drawn artwork for backgrounds? (And if so, does it go through a screening process of any kind?)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:49 am

Hi Rocket!

As long as the wallpaper doesn't already appear in our website, we will most likely host it. We run backgrounds through a reverse image search, so if it isn't yours, don't submit it!

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:37 am

Haha! A reverse image search? (You can do that?? That's awesome.) Thanks, that's good to know! I like to draw AF fanart, so if I ever did a background, I would probably try to make it myself. C: (I think it would be fun, though I've never tried to do an AF desktop background before. But maybe an idea will come to mind, we'll see.)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:02 am

I didn't come up with any new ideas, but I played around with making some of my old art (already posted on deviantArt under the name Axxonu) into a background. Still hope to design something that's specifically meant to be a background, but for now, I guess this will have to do. X3

Spoiler:
link: http://postimg.org/image/owe3dgsr9/

Hopefully it's the right size, but let me know if there's something I need to change. (:

Return to “AFC Rep-Points!”