Repeating History OOC

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds
Location: If I told you, it would most likely break your sense of reality.

Re: Repeating History OOC

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:07 am

That's fine, live your life
Right now's avatar-Clownpiece

(Clownpiece will make America great again, by the way.)

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:40 pm

I'm going to assume that one of the kidnapper positions is still open?
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:08 am

Would it be possible to create a female commander who didn't have a huge part in the story? So she's still an important character without showing up too often?

I am really sorry about this, but I realize now that summer is not a good time. My job is taking up a lot more out of my week than I expected it to. :(
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:21 pm

To FadingLight: Yes.
To Merv: It's your character, make it how you'd like.

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:27 pm

My character sheet for a kidnapper:

Name: Reece Quinn
Species: Human
Orientation: Heterosexual
Birthplace: Toronto, Canada
Appearance: Reece has short, scruffy, reddish-brown hair, and eyes in a rather dull shade of green. He used to be tanned but is now on the side of pale, due to too much time in front of computers. He's tall, thin, and slightly awkward, and looks younger than he really is. He wears a pair of blue-rimmed glasses, although it is unknown if he actually needs them. Reece is a neat dresser.
Positive Traits: A good memory and a wide range of skills, the knowledge of when it is a good idea to shut up, and curiosity and a love of knowledge.
Negative Traits: Lack of focus, impatience, always moving onto something new, pride, a reluctance to appear insufficient, a lack of courage, and a lack of foresight.
Personality: Reece almost constantly puts up a mask of being meek, cowardly, nervous, and useful, on the assumption that people will be more likely to keep him around and let things slip. He knows when to talk and when not to. He is, in fact, quite proud, slightly disdainful of most people, reluctant to ask for help, immensely curious, and rather lacking in determination and patience.
History: When Reece was a child, he want to learn everything there was to know, whether it was how to play a foreign board game to how to care for a corn snake. When he grew older, he decided to drop "everything" down to "as much as I can". Reece was acutely aware of the time limit for this, namely his lifespan, and was unwilling to spend too long learning about one topic, lest he be involved in a sudden accident, and also because most things did not hold his interest for long. He would learn a bit about something, then abandon it and move onto the next subject or skill. He became jack of all trades kind of person, and was indeed expert in none. He was aware of his habit but far too driven by his imaginary time limit to try and break it, and besides, he was rather enjoying himself. He traveled widely and had a variety of jobs as he tried to scrounge up money for his next trip. Years of this pattern of learning and abandoning led him to believe that he knew more and was smarter than most people. Reece's most prized possessions are a series of journals he kept on everything he's learned, because while he has a good memory, he does not have a perfect one.

Reece's parents were often busy and did not have much time for him. Reece was resentful at first but later began to see this as a good thing, because it meant he had more time to himself, to study.

Reece is not good at planning or reflection, preferring to live in the moment and make things up as he goes along. He started developing his mask when he realized many people were more willing to tell things to people they did not believe were threats.

Reece discovered the Higher Elements when he was going through a phase of interest in obscure and ridiculed organizations. He joined a good many of those organizations for an insider's view. The evidence presented by the Higher Elements managed to convince him of the existence of fairies. He became interested in the kidnapping effort because he wanted to see an actual fairy and observe their behaviour, paying little heed to the moral consequences.
Fears: Death, mental illness, the loss of his journals, the permanent loss of a source of knowledge in the world.
Dreams: Learning an extinct language, conversing with a fairy, gaining access to some specific rare books, being regarded as a reliable source of knowledge himself.
Favorite Quote: “To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge.”
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Fatebringer the 2nd
Watcher of Worlds

Postby Fatebringer the 2nd » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:13 am

Alright, will add to list.

Alfie Fowl
Cave Troll

Postby Alfie Fowl » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:15 pm

is it possible for me to join in? if so I'd like to be LEP
Name: Alfie Fowl
Species: Human with a bit of Elf
Birthplace: Fowl Manor
Appearance: About the size of an average Elf with auburn hair with a fringe going towards his right eye. One eye blue ,the other hazel. Slightly Pale. Looks a lot like Artemis Fowl did. Wears a suit whenever possible.
Positive traits: Intelligent, (mostly) trustworthy and is loyal to the few friends he has.
Negative traits: Isn't good at making friends.
Personality: Calm unless something goes wrong in which case he can't stay still and mutters seeming very panicked.
History: One of Artemis Fowl's great great great great great great grandchildren. Alfie grew up in haven and the surface. He has some magic thanks to his great great great great great great grandmother Holly Short. His magic consists of the mesmer,healing and a weak shield. He gets into trouble by taking a set of wings and going out to fly whenever possible.
Fears: Losing on of his few friends.
Dreams: Becoming a great Recon officer.
Favourite quote: "I was that hunter, and I hunted you."

tornadocondoc
Cosplays Too Much
Real First Name: Michi

Postby tornadocondoc » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:04 pm

I commend you on your great attempt at making a character, but you might want to read the Roleplay Guide here to get a better feel for roleplaying around here. Since this is Fate's thing, I'll leave it to them to make the final choice, but I'd suggest rewriting your character and removing the connection to Arty.

We're not really looking for any characters related to canon-- and as Holly and Artemis aren't a thing [plus fairy/human offspring are impossible] I'm not sure this character you created would fit in well. This plot only takes place 100 years after the last book-- that's barely two generations, maybe three. Though I would still advise you to avoid trying to make a canon-linked character. I believe as far as Fate is concerned, Arty had no kids.

Might I suggest coming up with your own LEP character, since you seem keen on making a fairy? We're in need of LEP persons who can help coordinate the search for our kidnapped fairy.

Hopefully reading the roleplay guide helps you out. If you've got any questions or need advice, feel free to ask.
LOOK I MADE A SIGNATURE GO ME

Return to “OOC Threads”