New Users Introduce Yourselves Here!

Introduce yourself here, and greet new members!
Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu
Re: New Users Introduce Yourselves Here!

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:42 am

Hey Kron! Nice to see a new face around here. :3 Yeah, that's what I've been thinking, if the AF movie were to come out, I think it would help revive the fandom a little, and things would be more active on here. (Even if the movie wasn't the best, I think the exposure could help encourage new people who'd never read the series to go back and take a look. Though maybe I'm just saying that because I really want to see an AF movie. xD!)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

GravityNeon
Cave Troll

Postby GravityNeon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi, I'm GravityNeon as you can see from my user name, but you can call me Neon or Gravity. I joined today and I found this forum through the 2009 post about auditions for the upcoming Artemis Fowl movie. :laughing:

Kron48
Swear Toad
Real First Name:Max
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Uhh... Foaly Jr.?

Postby Kron48 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:46 am

Hi, I'm GravityNeon as you can see from my user name, but you can call me Neon or Gravity. I joined today and I found this forum through the 2009 post about auditions for the upcoming Artemis Fowl movie. :laughing:
Welcome GravityNeon!
I only joined recently, so I might not give a grand shebang of a welcoming :P
Ok I don't really have anything to say because I don't really know anything lol. If you have any questions I can try to answer them, but Merv Simestra is the most knowledgeable person that is still active, so if/when I can't answer you should see if she can.

Otherwise, welcome to AFC!
"The end: It's gonna happen! But in the meantime, its on with the show. On with the show!" -Devo

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:14 am

Hey Gravity! C: Welcome to the forums! (I love to see when old posts and activity are still being seen and looked at, that's great. 2009, that's before I even had a clue what the series was. And yeah, we've been waiting for an AF movie for about forever. xD)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

dental
Cave Troll

Postby dental » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:23 am

hello to all im from italy and my real name is alberjo gustavo.

castlequeen2004
Cave Troll

Postby castlequeen2004 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:06 pm

hi i love these books

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:47 pm

Hey there, dental (for some reason my screen wasn't showing there was a new post on this topic, so I missed it until now, sorry! x3) , castlequeen, welcome to the forums! C: Things have been kind of slow around here for awhile, but hope to see you around! :3

Kron48
Swear Toad
Real First Name:Max
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Uhh... Foaly Jr.?

Postby Kron48 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:24 am

Things have been slow is an understatement T_T. I too hope to see you guys around :P
"The end: It's gonna happen! But in the meantime, its on with the show. On with the show!" -Devo

Mr.Baccata
Cave Troll

Postby Mr.Baccata » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi, I'm Mr.Baccata from Spain.

Just started the Artemis saga last month and I'm already finishing the "Lost colony" one.

Just wanted to say hi t everyone. :laughing:

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:35 am

Hey!! Welcome to the forums! Always great to see a new face around here. :D

Things have been slow on here for a while, but hope to see you around. C: (Feel free to comment on any of the threads, don't worry about how old they are, there's always room for new conversation. c: )

davidsnt
Cave Troll

Postby davidsnt » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:35 am

Hello everyone!! My name is David. I'm from Guatemala.
I am 37 years old and I love the books of Artemis Fowl. I'm reading The Arctic Incident now and I hope read the whole series in the future.

I confess that I bought the first book of Artemis Fowl in 2009 and I did not like it at all. I think I read it very fast. But the character of Artemis Fowl did not leave my mind. A month ago, at midnight, in an episode of insomnia, I remembered Artemis and decided to re-read it. Now I am drawn to the story and the characters and I think it is not just a book for children and young people. All ages will find something interesting in the books of Artemis Fowl!
At the moment I am looking for The Code of Eternity in the libraries of my country. I am sure I will enjoy it like the others!

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:14 am

Hey David! Welcome to the forums!! C:

As you've probably noticed, it's pretty slow around here these days (I keep hoping they'll actually make the movie and we'll get a flood of new fans again, but it's hard to tell what's going on with that x3). But, hope to see you around! c: It's nice to see someone else who's a bit of a late-coming fan. (Definitely agree that AF is more than just a kid's series, there's a lot of complex themes and concepts that appeal to a broad audience. I know I was drawn into the story and the characters in spite of starting it out for the first time as an older reader.)

Anyway, since you're in the middle of reading the series now, I admit I'd be curious to hear your responses to each of the books as you read them. C: (Personally, I don't think I really started getting into the series until the end of The Eternity Code, and it wasn't until the sixth book that I became a true fan, but I know it's not been the same for everyone, and I always enjoy hearing each person's individual experience. C: ) I think there is a thread for that kind of discussion somewhere...Though if you just want to read the books without worrying about telling people how they feel about them, I'd understand that, too. C;

Anyway, good to meet you, hope to see you around! C:

davidsnt
Cave Troll

Postby davidsnt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:28 am

Thanks for your words. I really appreciate you taking the time to welcome me.
And regarding my first impressions of the two books of Artemis Fowl, I comment that I have no habit of reading books about fantasy. I usually read biographies, self-help books or the like. Artemis Fowl is the first series of fantasy books I read. That's why the subject of elves, centaurs and fantastic characters is a bit difficult for me to understand. It was until I read a little about the legends and tales in Ireland and a little of their history that I found it easier to understand. This is very interesting! I've even seen Youtube videos on how Irish kids talk to imagine what the Artemis accent will be like! :laughing:
The parts of the books I most enjoy are those of Artemis planning something, the way he thinks and the history of the Fowl family.
I am reading the books in the Spanish version. And unfortunately those who translated it, changed the original names of some characters which is a bit uncomfortable. I think The Eternity Code is the last book I will read in Spanish. I plan to get the rest in English.
For now my interest in the books of Artemis grows. And I'm about to finish The Arctic Incident. I will always share some impressions about what I read in the future.
'A big greeting for you and for all the visitors of the forum!

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 pm

Oh yeah, sounds like Artemis Fowl was a fun change of pace, then. (Actually, now that you mention it, lately it seems like most of the books I read are [business-related] self-help books, too, and a few other nonfiction kind of books...In a way, I think maybe reading a lot of those kinds of books makes it more fun to once in a while pick up a fiction, which is nice. [Fantasy is interesting, since I feel like even though each world is separate from the others, they do all kind of follow these certain rules or expectations that I can easily believe could be a bit jarring to those who haven't read a lot of fantasy. Although I think Artemis Fowl is a bit of an odd case which makes it a little harder to follow, since most fantasy stories spend a lot of time developing the world of the story, just exploring and explaining how things are set up, whereas Artemis Fowl falls more into the crime fiction genre, and even though there are a lot of fantasy elements, you're mainly left with the implication that the fairy world and its politics and law enforcement setup is actually pretty similar to the modern human world.]

Translation--Ah, yeah, I'm familiar with that. (The same thing happens a lot of times when we get English dubs of animes from Japan. Sometimes the name changes make sense and are close enough to the original that they still reflect the character well, but others the name is just completely different, and if you watch both the sub and the dub, it feels like you're watching two completely different characters.) Out of curiosity, what are the Spanish names for the characters?

Nice! I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think. C:

davidsnt
Cave Troll

Postby davidsnt » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:14 am

Thanks again for answering. And it is true that Artemis Fowl does not really focus much on describing the fantastic world of the story. As I miss much of this I imagine that it can be a little tedious to read such description. And I think Artemis has a bit of a crime novel.

I leave the names changed in the Spanish version (the books were translated in Spain. In Latin America we speak different than Spain in a few words.):

Holly Short = Holly Canija (and "canija" in Latin America is an insult!)
Julius Root = Julius Remo
Butler = Mayordomo (although the literal translation is fine. A butler is "un mayordomo"
Foaly= Potrillo. And "potrillo" is a little horse or baby horse.

The rest of the names are the same, luckily. Well I keep reading Artemis and hope to chat again about our young and evil friend.

I wish you success in everything !!

Return to “The Entrance Hall”