Favorite Anime

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Favorite Anime

Postby crystal_clear » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:30 am

Ok we have favorite T.V. show... but anime is a totally different subject. And i've been itching to start this. If it's too much like "favorite T.V. show" then someone delete it.
So getting back to it... what's your favorite anime (if you watch it at all). Right now my favorite has to be Slayers. But some other cool ones are Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Chobits, Minami-ke and Spiral.
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

Lady Fei Fei
Elf
Real First Name: Irene

Re: Favorite Anime

Postby Lady Fei Fei » Tue May 20, 2008 9:19 pm

hmmmm........well my friends get me hooked on anime but i mostly just read the mangas.....i haven't read manga in a longgg time though but I'm really interested in pretear, black cat, bleach, d. man gray, and alice 19th. i used to be really obssessed with inuyasha but then i got tired of it.
"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things because we're curious, and curiousity keeps leading us down new paths."
~Walt Disney

"And the bottom line is, what defines you isn't how many times you crash, but the number of times you get back on the bike. As long as it's one more, you're all good."
~Along for the Ride

Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't care me at all. Nothing's like before.

Azura Koboi
Atlantean
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Azura Koboi

Postby Azura Koboi » Sat May 24, 2008 6:30 pm

I like Kirarin Revolution. Na-san is SOOO cute, and when he sings the theme song, I almost die cuz he's so cute! :loveeyes:
A swirl of colors, a gentle tinkling music, the scent of flowers. An apparition appears. Voices sing softly, melodically as the vision shimmers. The beautiful spirit beckons, urging you forward.
It is the Illuminate Spectre.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
****************************Do not click on this link.****************************

diesector21
Centaur
Real First Name: Henry

Postby diesector21 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 am

Okay...

-Bleach (absolutely!)
-Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny
-Gundam 00 (less action than SEED, but better plot)
-Code Geass
-Tsubasa Chronicles (sometimes)
-Elemental Gelade (only the music, not the anime)

If you wanna find me more often, go here. But don't bump the thread.

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Thu May 29, 2008 3:07 am

Whoa, I didn't think anyone would answer to this XD.

You like Tsubasa too? I just bought the first volume, now I want more... sadly I have no money.

I haven't gotten very far in D.Grayman, but my friend is absolutely in love with it, especially Allen, she squee's about him a LOT XD.
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

MDR
Mud Man

Postby MDR » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:43 pm

I love Gundam seed and Black cat. Where i live they bring on really old shows so I'm not up to date with the current ones. Althogh i do know one new show- i think- Deathnote. Does anyone know if its any good? Apparently people have been raving about it...
98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasnt, copy and paste this in your signature

"REAL VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE"

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain

"Ive got two rules for you. First rule: You are no good to me dead. Second rule:.... ahh, whats the use, you'll all end up dead anyway" - Sgt Mcullen, Call of Duty 3

mcfeegle
Atlantean

Postby mcfeegle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:12 am

I could go on for ages on this topic. :laughing:

Most of my favorites are really obscure. The best, most deep and artistic anime ever on the planet is Haibane Renmei. That is no doubt my favorite anime ever. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's really short, only 13 episodes long, but it's seriously AMAZING!

Now that I've beat that horse to death, Kaleido Star is a really cute series. And, of course, the anime that started the obsession for me was Rurouni Kenshin, which is still one of the best of seen (Just Rurouni Kenshin. No Samurai X. Ever.). Of more recent anime, I highly enjoy Code Geas, although I haven't seen much yet, and Bleach is okay. Death Note is also good.

Tsubasa is one of my favorite series ever, except I hate the anime. I love the manga to death, it is so beautiful and brilliant and the best thing Clamp has ever done. I think the anime dumbs the story down way too much and the art is so much worse.
^No1 fan. Hurray for minor characters!

Sometimes I get the urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

Butler loves the Carebears, especially Funshine bear.

PenDragon
Gremlin
Real First Name: Cassandra

Postby PenDragon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:49 am

My WAY favorite anime has to be Naruto!!!! I always watch the new Naruto Shippuuden episodes when they come out!!! Some times I read the manga. :drooling: :loveeyes: :wuv:
Sam: "What we need are a few good 'taters."
Gollum: "What's 'taters, Precious? What's 'taters?"
Sam: "Po-ta-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of ripe fish. Even you couldn't say no to that."
Gollum: "Oh yes we could. Spoiling nice fish. Give it to us raw and w-w-w-wriggling. You keep nasty chips."
Sam: "You're hopeless."-The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers

"Whatever you make, base it upon that which is most important to you. Only then will it have depth and meaning, and only then will it resonated with others."-Eldest

"Live is cruel Princess. Anyone you tells you different is trying to sell you something."- The Princess Bride

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Sigh. While I don't read any anime/manga anymore, I still have to say my favorite was Tsubasa (it was a little sappy at times, but it sure was dramatic). I sort of had a thing for Syaoran for a while : ). I got like, six books in and then I stopped. I liked Tokyo Mew Mew for a while, but looking back I'm disgusted that I stooped that low. I also liked Angelic Layer but I had trouble finding it, so I only got to book two. Plus, I was a sucker for a good Astro Boy. If I see an Astro Boy comic, I'll admit I'd probably still pick it up and start reading it, manga or no manga. He was great. I tried watching Naruto, but it never really caught on. I guess it just moved by waaaay too fast for me to understand. But now I'm a strictly indie comics gal, so I don't really read any anime anymore. I'm thinking of trying out Hellboy or Neil Gaiman's Sandman.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

athenadowell
Atlantean

Postby athenadowell » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:18 pm

I haven't watched any animes in such a long time. I prefer mangas 'cause the anime is usually worse. Right now, I really like Special A, Vampire Knight, and Tsubasa. I used to read and watch Tsubasa before but then I stopped for a while. Now I'm hooked on it again. XD

Also, I like this manga called Skip Beat! (And yes, the ! is part of the title. Hee~) It's going to be an anime soon. I just hope they don't ruin the story and the characters. GAh. :(
"Trust me. I'm a genius." Artemis Fowl II
"Whatever they're paying me, it isn't enough." Foaly

Demagogue
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Demagogue » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:26 pm

One Piece, Code Geass R2, and Death Note to a mild extent.
Share this dragon, if you do
lucky end for them and you

Yutalia
Swear Toad

Postby Yutalia » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:36 am

My favourite of all time is Detective Conan (known as "Case Closed" in the US).

I also love Death Note, Full Metal Panic, Digimon Adventure 02, Yu-Gi-Oh and many others =)
(btw, the original jp versions, not those awful 4Kids dubs)

Elin_Darling
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: Melanie

Postby Elin_Darling » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:49 pm

One word: Hellsing. But for runners-up, I'm going to have to go with Detective Conan. Or Trigun. Or possibly Cowboy bebop.

But you know. Anime in general makes me rather happy.

athenadowell
Atlantean

Postby athenadowell » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Yutalia wrote:My favourite of all time is Detective Conan (known as "Case Closed" in the US).

I also love Death Note, Full Metal Panic, Digimon Adventure 02, Yu-Gi-Oh and many others =)
(btw, the original jp versions, not those awful 4Kids dubs)

Man, I forgot that! Detective Conan is awesome. I especially love the movies! (Because that's when the relationship between Shinichi and Ran are developed more :lick:) But the series doesn't seem to end. I really want to know what happens with Shinichi and Ran. They look so good together~ Lol. I mean, I know that they will end up together but, you know, I wanna see it happen. Hee~

I do love Full Metal Panic ( all the three seasons) and Full Metal Alchemist. Also Prince of Tennis and Death Note. :laughing:

And you are absolutely right. I hate it when they dub anime. It's horrible. I rarely watch anime that's not in Japanese. I prefer subbed. XD
"Trust me. I'm a genius." Artemis Fowl II
"Whatever they're paying me, it isn't enough." Foaly

Frau Moon
Gremlin

Postby Frau Moon » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:48 pm

My current favorite anime's are code geass and Full metal panic! I used to watch Bleach and Naruto but I prefer to read the manga. Also I love the manga and anime of Detective Conan which is my all time fave out of everything
That is not dead
Which can eternal lie
Yet with strange aeons
Even death may die

H.P. Lovecraft

Return to “TV”