Hello from Ireland

Here's where interesting parts of AFC's Forum History will go.
Eoin
Author of 'Artemis Fowl'

Hello from Ireland

Postby Eoin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:56 pm

This site is amazing- Matt strongarmed me into signing on. I am glad you people like my Artemis so much. He is fun to write about- when I am not too busy cheking out sites. Is this a blog? Am I blogging now?

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:01 pm

Um...hello, I'm voldy92, a moderator here at AFC. For safety reasons (sorry if you are the real Mr. Colfer, but I must do my job): if you are not the real Eoin Colfer, I'm afraid we will have to ban you. I will not ban you yet, as I will first talk to Matt, verify your information. Sorry, regular procedures. Razz

But if you're the real Eoin Colfer...Oh my God!!!

nindra
Council Member

Postby nindra » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Well... Err... Hello Eoin, I'm sorry but I don't actually believe that you are real mr. Colfer.
But if you are the real Eoin Colfer, it's great that you've joined here, welcome!
*Goes to wait for Matt*
æ

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:43 pm

Wow... if this is the real Colfer, then zOMG! Wow!

But then again, I can think of a fair number of n00bs etc that would love to pull a prank like this on us. So if you're not really Colfer, I'd advise you either to give up this joke, or just leave.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:51 pm

Holly Short wrote:...I'd advise you either to give up this joke, or just leave.

Well, if it turns out to be a joke, either way, they'll have to be banned.

Eoin
Author of 'Artemis Fowl'

Hello from Ireland

Postby Eoin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:51 pm

Hello All, again.
Sorry to freak everyone out a bit. It is actually Eoin Colfer. Check it out with Matt Wall- he said it would make his day if I logged on. So here I am.
Any questions?

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:12 pm

Eoin wrote:Sorry to freak everyone out a bit.

I don't think anyone's really freaked out, it's just that it's hard to recognize a person from their writing style, and there's no way to tell that it's actually you over the internet.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. No questions from me right now; I've read the recent interview with AFC and I'm all set. So... Yeah. Help yourself to the ever-replenishing box of truffles, they're always around here somewhere. Razz
(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, don't talk to me till you've clicked this.)

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:59 am

So it is definitely you...? Wow!

Well...hi! Razz Honestly, I don't know where to start....I had originally written a letter for you, but I never actually sent it...It's in my drawer, gathering dust. But I would love to send it to you now.

Welcome to Artemis Fowl Confidential! I am Metin, or voldy92. You probably have never heard of me, but you will soon see my name on book covers. Razz

I have a question: What advise would you give for us young, aspiring writers who plan on publishing their novels...soon?

Scampiono
Mud Man

Postby Scampiono » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:24 am

Hi! Hi Mr Colfer! I'm your biggest fan I love your humor I wish I could meet you in person but this is the next best thing so HI!
</End of fangirlyness>

Ok, in all seriousness it is trully amazing that you have joined - we couldn't more honoured! Welcome to our humble abode! I'm Marissa, age 16 from NZ, and I hand you a virtual fortune cookie ^^ You have no idea how much Artemis Fowl has affected my life - if it wasn't for books I wouldn't have met all these amazing people *huggles all AFCers* You are a fantastic writer and I just can't wait for The Lost Colony Very Happy

Ok, my question - Are you happy with the script for the movie? Is it true to the book?

(If it isn't you I've made a right fool outta myself Embarassed Oh well, it was worth the fangirlyness anyway, heh heh ^^)
Last edited by Scampiono on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join my Sky High RPG website! =D - http://www.skyhype.proboards101.com

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:15 am

Hello Mr.Colfer. It would be really nice if it's really you. And we're all really grateful if it's you! I live in the very cut off from AFC world of India [s]we don't ride elephants![/s] so it would be really nice if this was you and you could answer our questions.
Firstly, how's the movie coming and how long will it take? Do you have an estimated release year? Razz And secondly, have you started writing the sequel to The Supernaturalist??

It was very nice of you to come. Hoped you liked AFC and you're always welcome here! Smile

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:19 am

I'd like to confirm that this IS the real Eoin Colfer, thankyou ever so much for posting!

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:42 am

SO everyone, Our Lord is among our ranks... look busy!

Thanks very much for visiting, Eoin! You really have made my day! Well, you've made my life, but hey!

Yes... I have a question... how long do you think we can go without having a nervous breakdown waiting for "The Lost Colony?" We NEED that book... *Growls*

nindra
Council Member

Postby nindra » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:27 am

Err... Woot! Welcome to AFC (again), Eoin!
I'm nindra, some kind of wannabe-Foaly of this forum, creator of ASCII-Gnommish, maintainer of #afc IRC-channel (EFNet) and hoster of upcoming AFC Messenger.

Eoin wrote:Is this a blog? Am I blogging now?
No, this isn't a blog, blogs are usually defined as a "online diary", read more from en.wikipedia. This is a forum...
æ

Eoin
Author of 'Artemis Fowl'

Questions answered

Postby Eoin » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:17 am

Hello again,
I had no idea readers and future writers were so in touch with each other- what a powerful network- I suppose Artemis himself would definitely use a tool like this.
Anyway- I was asked about tips for young writers and all I can say is you seem to be doing everything already- you are obviously reading a lot- and writing through this site- so just keep it up- there are no shortcuts- a book is going to take a year plus to write and there is no way around that. Commitment and long hours alone are the writer's lot- but there is nothing to beat the feeling of holding your own published book in your hands.

Regarding the movie script- I am currently working on it with a famous Hollywood director. We wanted to give the fans the book, but also a brand new explosive ending. I think we have come up with something you will all like. But it's all hush hush at the moment.

Finally- The Lost Colony will be here sooner than you think- due to demand- the publishing date has been moved up to August.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:20 am

Wow! Hello Mr.Colfer. Sorry for the earlier suspicion Embarassed
I'm Holly, a really really big fan of yours, and a mod of AFC.

I do have one question: Do you think there'll be any Holly/Trouble 'shipping before the end of the AF series? And how many books do you plan to write in total [for AFC].
And one other tiny little question which has been on a few of our minds: Why Russia? You have a lot of Russian references in your books, any particular reason why that Country? We even had a thread devoted to it Click here

And again, <givescookie> it's an honour to actualy [cyberically] speak with you! Wow...
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Return to “AFC Forum Archive”