[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
This may seem silly... - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

This may seem silly...

Introduce yourself here, and greet new members!
RantingSidekick
Swear Toad

This may seem silly...

Postby RantingSidekick » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:51 pm

But I have a legit question.

This is more directed towards the ultra-active users, and not so much the mods:

Are there any unwritten rules I should know about?
Like, is spelling really annoying, or do you guys hate on repeat threads?
Do you guys have anti-fans?

I come hailing from the Maximum Ride forum (come hailing? I doubt that's correct...), which has a tremendous amount of Squees, making posting a bit cutthroat.

I just want to know what's going on before I make a fool of myself.
Maybe you guys are all super-nice to each other, I don't know.

Thanks!

--RantingSidekick

(Thanks DS!)

A.FILES
Mud Man
Real First Name: Shannon
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Ally Kat

Re: This may seem silly...

Postby A.FILES » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:24 am

Well I may be quite new myself(by that I mean I'm not even three months old to this site), but I can inform you of some things from artemisfowl.fangathering.com/fanfiction and hope that it is semi the same here.

1.Not many people like Trouble of Minerva. Mosy think that both of these characters are getting in the way of an A/H relashonship, even though Eoin has never hinted at either of these pairing in future books.
2.I wouldn't suggest useing terribly much text talk aka chat speak. This irks many people, not including myself.
3. Sometimes you will get mocked/get a gross reaction for what you ship. Some people aren't that open to odd ideas(no offence to anyone here). I am not one of these people.
4. I don't have a four...

Again, I am relitivly new to this site so I may have my information wrong. I'm just going off of what I know from fanfiction.
In out hearts forever, in loving memory of Julius Root. Gone but not forgotten.
~Water forever fades into the moonlight~
I don't like lollipops ~Artemis Fowl
Normality is an illusion, why do you think there are so many crazy people in the world?
Koboi Labs: Technology you can trust, people you can't. ~My bud, Flare
Let me say this one more time, slowly, insult Foaly one more time, and you'll become newly acquainted with the ground. ~Me, and I'm not kidding either.
I didn't escape the loony bin, I have a day pass!
I got goosed and all I got was this stupid signature.

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:33 am

Erm..people like correct grammar and spelling, but other than that, it's pretty much free so far as I know. 8)
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Yeah the only thing that really irks me when people post is if they have no capitalization, or if they post in all caps, or just have the kind of grammar problems that REALLY stick out. But I'm a grammar freak, so maybe that's me. But yeah, all things said, we're pretty nice to each other around here! :laughing:

Dontkillchic
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Hannah

Postby Dontkillchic » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:30 pm

:shiny: (I'm going to go a little of topic and say...)

RANTING!
No living creature can resist the Chocolate Fairy's call...

"Yo, Mud Whelp... wanna bite?"

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:23 pm

*tuts at Dontkillchic* You've been saying that in all the threads "/ wtf.

Hmm, I'm a mod so idk if I'm supposed to answer this xD But probably just have good grammar, don't spam, look before you make threads etc etc.

Dontkillchic
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Dontkillchic » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:07 pm

RantingSidekick
Swear Toad

Postby RantingSidekick » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:31 pm

(Thanks DS!)

Dontkillchic
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Dontkillchic » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:32 pm

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:09 am

Return to “The Entrance Hall”