Finally someone's started this thread! (I've been waiting for this for years.) I'll have to look at that psychologist one, that looks awesome. XD
Well, if you only ever read one Artemis Fowl fanfiction in your entire life, I have to recommend this one...
1. Artemis Fowl: The Book of the Ages
(https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4453992/1/ ... ok-of-Ages
) After Holly and Artemis return from their trip back in time, a string of natural disasters leads Artemis to conclude that their foray into the past has led their own timeline to become unstable. So Holly and Artemis, along with a few friends, go to the new timeline in order to restore their own, but find themselves navigating a world wracked by interspecies war. [This is my summary, not the author's.]
Possibly one of the best fanfics I've ever read; in many ways I like the concepts and plot twists even better than in the actual final book to the series. (The premise of a parallel world that's the same except that Holly and Artemis never met [Artemis explains in one of the first chapters that the cause of the instability in the timeline is the circular cause-and-effect of their going back in time causing his younger self's initial interest in fairies] is just so good, and the idea is perfectly delivered.)
2. Also, have to second FadingLight's recommendation on Scrödinger's Zombie and The Foul Team by freudwithwings (a two-person writing team, who just pumps out absolutely pure gold). Scrödinger's Zombie fills in some of the six-month gap near the end of TLG, and The Foul Team is a longer story that features Artemis getting his own department with the LEP, as he investigates some mysterious happenings with young people who, like himself, are extremely gifted and many after the events of TLG suspect the existence of the supernatural. I have to say, these authors are comedic geniuses (yet also able to bring the dramatic moments when it counts, just as in the original AF), and really know how to write good, solid OCs. (My favorite is still Dodo Feldspar... XD!)
Also want to add to that list another story by the same team, 'I Know What You Squid Last Night.' (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10664708/1 ... Last-Night
) I clicked on this one not sure what to expect, but I think I laughed so hard I cried. (If you ever thought anything in TAC was a bit strange or unbelievable, this explains everything.)
Okay, just one more I promise.
3. For anyone who likes A/H, the work by wolfraven80 (https://www.fanfiction.net/u/960530/wolfraven80
) is among the best I've seen. The writing style is top-notch, and the romantic elements are very much in-character. Misunderstanding (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5064316/1/Misunderstanding
) is a hilarious story about a LEP data analyst who suspects there's more to the human Artemis Fowl and decorated officer Captain Short's relationship than meets the eye, and there's Hunter Hunted (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5493633/1/Hunter-Hunted
), Purgatory (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6777129/1/Purgatory
, a post-TAC story), and also several oneshots (links below).
Penny for Your Thoughts: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6235778/1/ ... r-Thoughts
Wolfraven also has a few new short stories, which are post TLG.
1. Holding On, which, like freudwithwings' story above, is about the six month interval that was skipped near the end of TLG. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8462696/1/Holding-On
2. Invictus (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8390673/1/Invictus
And now that I look, there's another one called 'The Ties That Bind' that I don't think I've read yet...I know what's next on my list. ;9
There's a couple others I didn't include because of their sexual content, but what portions I read of those was pretty good too, if you don't mind that.
There's other really incredibly well done ones, too, but I guess I better leave it at that for now. XD