[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined offset: 84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
My Family and Other Animals Discussion thread. - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

My Family and Other Animals Discussion thread.

Come here to participate in the AFC book club! Talk about books other than Artemis Fowl with other book-loving members.
Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Hannah

Re: My Life and Other Animals Discussion thread.

Postby Ihdreniel » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:09 pm

It took me forever to find this book- our local bookstore didn't have anything under the title My Life and Other Animals. However, I finally found Durrell's My Family and Other Animals yesterday, and it seems to be the same book. Interesting.

"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Diana
Ruler of the People

Re: My Life and Other Animals Discussion thread.

Postby Diana » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:42 pm

I got the book from my school library about a week ago - Iddy, the title is My Family and Other Animals. I wonder if My Life etc. is just a UK version or something... Well, whatever. I'm going to start reading it in a day or two. I think I read it a while ago, but I just barely remember it...

(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, )

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People

Re: My Family and Other Animals Discussion thread.

Postby Ihdreniel » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:52 pm

I just finished this over the weekend.
SPOILERS
I really, really liked it- especially the second half. The characters, particularly Gerry's family, are all wonderful and amusing- I'd say I liked Kralefsky, Spiro, and Larry the best (and for the animals, the Magenpies). But basically, all the situations and problems that everyone seemed to get themselves into were just great.

Sooo, anyone else?

Oh, and something interesting...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166450/
And then. . .

It attacks.

~ Voldy

Sir E Brum
Goblin
Location: If online, right here. If not, then wherever the mood takes me.

Postby Sir E Brum » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:50 pm

'What do people call you?'
'You mean human people, or other demons?'
'Demons.'
'Oh...right. They call me Number One.'
'Number One?'
'That's right. It's not much of a name, but it's all I have. And I console myself with the fact that it's better than Number Two.'

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People

Postby Ihdreniel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:53 pm

And then. . .

It attacks.

~ Voldy

jessiquita
Pixie
Real First Name: Jess

Postby jessiquita » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:31 pm

i have never read the book but i have watched the movie.
the one with imelda staunton. has anyone else seen it? i thought it was really good.

Return to “The AFC Book Club”