Moz' Here - Safe and Sound

Need any help? Submit your request here and a moderator or administrator will respond within 48 hours.
Matt Lover

Moz' Here - Safe and Sound

Postby Matt Lover » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:10 am

Bet you were worried there for a while, weren't you?

Anyway, there appears to have been a slight technical glitch with my account. In addition to having lost the ability to PM - something I shouldered with good grace, I think you'll agree (though I must confess the situation was somewhat tempered by the fact that I never actually sent PMs on AFC) - I now appear to have suffered a more alarming malfunction. I have indeed lost the ability to make posts.

On an online forum, this is rather debilitaing.

It appears my contributions are now subject to a phenomenon known commonly throughout the intertubes as "pre-moderation".

Dear Matthew, in closing down a complaint thread on the 7th of August you said the following:

End of conversation. (Or is that speech-policing?)

Why, yes, Matt. Funnily enough, it was speech-policing. Just like removing my ability to communicate with members out of your sight was speech-policing. And just like this more advanced form of censoring is speech policing.

Now, fix it.
Last edited by Matt Lover on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major Trouble
Council Member
Real First Name: Trouble
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Commander Root

Re: Moz' Here - Safe and Sound

Postby Major Trouble » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:15 am

... Whaa? *ish confused, and tired, and mentally exhausted*

MTK

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:22 am

Major trouble that was spam, please don't do that, Mozzie here is having a Pretty pink butterflies fit because Matt put him on pre-moderation, meaning he can't post without the mods saying so. Mozzie next time please deal with Matt personally, you have PMing on this account, not really my place to say this, but part of the reason you lose your privileges is because you make a scene in front of everyone.
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am

I like how you immediately turn to me as the culprit of putting you on the pre-moderation list. lol. Y'see, there are not one, not two, but three administrators who have the ability to put you on the pre-moderation queue.

Now, fix it.

No. When your posts follow our rules, I'll take you off the moderation queue. The majority of what you say at the moment is abusive and offensive, and until you start following the rules, we're going to make sure you don't upset anybody. Simple.

Satan

Postby Satan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:06 pm

Matt wrote:I like how you immediately turn to me as the culprit of putting you on the pre-moderation list. lol. Y'see, there are not one, not two, but three administrators who have the ability to put you on the pre-moderation queue.

Call it a lucky guess if you like; but since you're the one all the mods laugh at for Mozzie-paranoia, I'm going to call it a no-brainer.

No. When your posts follow our rules, I'll take you off the moderation queue. The majority of what you say at the moment is abusive and offensive, and until you start following the rules, we're going to make sure you don't upset anybody. Simple.

Here's a new plan: edit or delete the posts which break the rules; leave the ones which don't.

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:52 pm

'fraid not. As I said before, you will be taken off of the moderation queue when you stop upsetting people. That's 'the plan.'

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:13 am

sorry I did make it sound as though Matt had done it, I simply said that out of impulse since he seems to be the only admin active right now.
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:08 am

Woops, I forgot about this account.

No worries, CB - he did do it. :)

I didn't break any rules, Matthew. You can't arbitrarily reduce my permissions just because you don't happen to like what I post. Some members - members of your staff*, even - derive entertainment from it.

*Let the witch hunt begin. "I saw Goody Gus with the Mozzie!"

If only. The alliteration is pretty.

Synagogue
Pixie

Postby Synagogue » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:50 am

I shot a man 'cos he looked at me wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 am

Dorian wrote:No worries, CB - he did do it. :)

Wrong again, looks like 'your information' is wrong.

Dorian wrote:I didn't break any rules, Matthew. You can't arbitrarily reduce my permissions just because you don't happen to like what I post. Some members - members of your staff*, even - derive entertainment from it.

You did. Your posts tend to be offensive, and just generally insult people, and that is in violation of our rules. Because of this we have decided to limit your account, thus protecting the forum.

I'm locking this thread now, as it has again served it's purpose. If you have any further queries, don't hesitate to use the PM function from your User Control Panel.

Matt

Return to “Help Requests”