[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Hello from Ireland - Page 6 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Hello from Ireland

Here's where interesting parts of AFC's Forum History will go.
Dim Aldebaran
Mud Man

Postby Dim Aldebaran » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:54 pm

[s]Dangit, I wish I could revive Joyce so he could do this...[/s]

I doubt you'll be venturing to this thread again, but oh well:

What do you think about having a fanbase like this? The: "OMG, fairies are, like SO COOL!" sort of people, versus, say, the deadly serious old coots over at The Silmarillion? I myself find it quite surprising how there's such a mix... there's people like that, the majority, and then there's... serious people, like me and some others at Crim. It makes for an interesting blend of sophisticated and Rowlingesque fanfictions (I [s]try to[/s] write like Joyce, others like you, others like O.S. Card...) What do you think of that blend?

artimmy_nueve
Cave Troll

Postby artimmy_nueve » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:06 am

I tried to perusade some of my friends before and luckily they're fans of AF now..

Irlandiis
Swear Toad

Postby Irlandiis » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:52 pm

Quite honestly, I had not ever read for pleasure for years, till this summer when my best friend was reading the first book. I borrowed it from him to read on a bus trip, and got HOOKED! These books are so incredible. They are impossible to put down. I will have to have read all the fiction you have written before the semester starts in September. I can only imagine going to my lectures with a copy of children's literature. I will have everyone reading the Colfer novels, not paying any attention to the professor! lol

ArtemisisMINE
Cave Troll

WOW

Postby ArtemisisMINE » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:11 am

WOW artemis fowl ROCKS ILOVE IT!!!!

VampireSmile_Fangirl
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby VampireSmile_Fangirl » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:45 am

If Mr. Colfer ever sees this I just want to say that your Artemis Fowl seiries has been (and always will be) an inspiration and a part of my heart Wink Its like really good chocolate, you can never get enough of it just like I can never get enough of this seiries! I want to be like Artemis. Just how hes so intelligent and witty makes me want to grab a big boring textbook and study! Which is a thing I would've never wanted to do in my dizziest dreams! Razz I've been drawing for a fiew years now and I've started to sketch him but its a challenge because I want it to be perfect even if its just a messy sketch! Your a great motivation and because of you, I'm actually looking forward to going to school! My friend will be borrowing my coppy of Artemis Fowl tomorrow and read it and I really hope she'll like it! (of course she will! What are you talking about?) and being a fangirl, I must confess that I have a crush on Arty... Rolling Eyes Laughing But I mean....'Cmon! who doesn't? It's made my day to talk to you and if you read this post, just let me know what you think! love ya!

~Riley~
Light travels faster than sound, therefore, someone may seem beautiful until you hear them speaak. -unknown

acbrandt
Atlantean

the books

Postby acbrandt » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:58 am

Mr. Colfer, ihope you get to read this. I lllllllllllloooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee the artemis fowl books, the Supernaturalists, and the wish list, they're my favorites!!! I live in the US, so, since the book doesn't come out till later here, i ordered it off the uk's amazon so i could get it early. I LOVE THESE BOOKS! how many do you think there are going to be? and is there going to be a sequel to the Supernaturalists?

Smile ~Annaliese~ Very Happy
Pathetic really : "I don't like lollipops". No self-respecting criminal mastermind would ever be caught dead even using the word lollipops."

“I’m trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she’s singing, but it doesn’t appear to be over.”

Red
Goblin

Postby Red » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:34 pm

Mr. Colfer I just wanted to say that I love your books. When my mom first got them for me I was all like "I hope she doesn't expect me to read those they look boring. That was what I thought after the first page. Then I kept reading and it was so intresting I couldnt put it down. I just can't wait for the next book to come out. When I was reading the books and my mom made me got to bed cause of school I would get my flashlight, close my door and read until 3 a.m. My favorite character would be.. actually characters.. are Artemis and Butler. Artemis cause I have always wanted to be like him give or take a few events, and Butler... well... because he is so cool. I just can't explain it. I can't wait until the movie comes out. I have already talked my parents to death about it and I just found out about the movie and the book when i first found this sight. Well first I went on to your site which led me here. I have a question: Do you have any advice for writers who never know where to start? Well you are awesome. I hope you read this. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
p.s. if you read this let me know what you think
My Questions:
Why is there a top line on lined paper if we never use it?
Are children who act in rated 'R' movies allowed to see them?
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?
Why do people say, "You can't have your cake and eat it too"? Why would someone get cake if they can't eat it?
Why do we teach kids that violence is not the answer and then have them read about wars in school that solved America's problems?
Why is it that lemon dishsoap is made with real lemons, but lemon juice is artificial flavoring?
Why do they say "an alarm going off," if it is really going on?

ferdelance618
Cave Troll

Postby ferdelance618 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:56 pm

I HIGHLY doubt that you will come on here again but in the unlikely event...... OMG!!!! I sooooooo love your work! I started reading your books in 5th grade and I just can't stop! I mean it didn't really dawn on me how much of a totally freaky to the point of scary of a fanatic i was until i started reading books 1-3 for the 21rst time! (I know, it's scary) But I enjoy your books and GREATLY enjoy your book signings! I would love to know if and when you might be back in the chicago burbs (naperville, downers grove, etc. or chicago itself) because ive been to 3 of ur signings already with no plans of stopping there, lol. well its always an honor to talk to your idol.! (not trying to add onto the extensive amount of reading from the other posts but I couldn't help myself Embarassed )
" All the worlds history gradually dying of shock, There is this thing thats like talking except you don't talk. You sing." - Dresden Dolls

"And now I tell you openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me. Your What I couldn't find.
A totally amazing mind, so understanding and so kind; Your everything to me." - The cranberries

"And if the darkness is to keep us apart." - Bono

GeneralScalene
Swear Toad

Postby GeneralScalene » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:38 pm

damn! i missed eoin colfer! d'oh!!!
Oh well....here's to hoping he logs on again
If you do...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy dwarf flatulance Mr Colfer i don't be believen it...Hi! I'm such a big fan, iv'e re-re-re-re-re-re-re(keep saying re for two hours and twenty seven minutes)-read your books because they are all BRILLIANT! Anyway, i may be just a Troll Embarassed but i hope i get better than that soon...
Crying or Very sad I missed him...Crying or Very sad
You laughin' at me, dwarf?

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:54 pm

GeneralScalene
Swear Toad

Postby GeneralScalene » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:41 pm

Embarassed sorry....heh heh heh Laughing
You laughin' at me, dwarf?

Julia
Pixie
Real First Name: Rebecca
Location: Ontario, Canada... if I had it my way Victoria, B.C.

Postby Julia » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:31 pm

Hello Mr.Colfer. I'm Julia. I'm a really big fan of your books. I have loved them for years. I hope I can meet you in person when you go on your tour to the U.S. I do live in Canada, but if you go to Cleveland, Detriot, or Buffalo my parents will let me go. Thanks for writing these books, they are so friggin' AWESOME!!!
Thanks once again. A really big fan, Julia.

tintin
Cave Troll

Postby tintin » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:46 am

Scifiguy
Centaur
Real First Name: Jeffrey

Postby Scifiguy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:09 pm

Hello tintin. I missed him too. wanna form a beg-Matt-to-get-him-to-come-back-on union?

Slepyhed
Sprite

Postby Slepyhed » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:59 pm

Return to “AFC Forum Archive”