Heroes!!!

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Re: Heroes!!!

Postby BkkprGirl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:04 am

I thought season five was pretty good! It started off pretty slow, but it built really well. I loved the finale. One of my favorites. Samuel was SUCH A GOOD ACTOR and he was really really scary. And I can't believe I was not going to watch the show because of Hayden Penitere. Seriously! She's the BEST.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:24 am

I've been a fan of Heroes since it first started. It was definitely a lot better at the beginning. It's getting kinda crazy now.
My favorite character in the beginning was Peter (so cute!), but I've always liked Sylar too (also really cute), I think he's my favorite now. And I don't think he's evil, I think he's really a good guy, which, as of the season finale, is true. yay! I kept trying to convince my mom that he was good, but he kept turning back and forth, so she thinks he's evil.

My mom and brother keep saying that this season was terrible and it just keeps getting stupider, but I still like it. I mean, it is lacking something it had in the beginning, but I still want to know what happens. My mom keeps comparing it to LOST, because it never gets anywhere!

How can you say that LOST is worse than Heroes?! I definitely think LOST is better. But, you're right, season five just majorly angers me.
Spoiler:
(the whole 3 years going by thing. Argh!)
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:28 pm

I think they're just different, like comparing apples to oranges. I just feel like Heroes is so much more optimistic, and deals with such real-life philosophy in an extraordinary way that I ended up loving it more. It was never really about the superpowers--they were just a metaphor for how people deal with challenges and gifts they've been given in an extremely creative and exciting way. It connects more to real life. LOST is epic and dark and the type of show you watch to go 'OH MY GOD! NO WAYYYY...?!" and, while I love the way it's constructed around questions and keeps you guessing, I feel like the past couple seasons have been wearing on me. So many people I love have died on that show that I guess I'm just more wary of it. It's not exactly viewer-friendly.

But yeah, I love Peter, too--especially when he had his awesome powers. I'm under the full belief that he's going to get them back, because I loved it when there was Sylar, the all-powerful, and Peter, the all-powerful anti-Sylar. They were foils for each other and I liked them both better together. Now they've watered down Peter and taken the fangs out of Sylar. Claire has come out on top as my all-time favorite.
~The Unwritten

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 pm

I think they're just different, like comparing apples to oranges. I just feel like Heroes is so much more optimistic, and deals with such real-life philosophy in an extraordinary way that I ended up loving it more. It was never really about the superpowers--they were just a metaphor for how people deal with challenges and gifts they've been given in an extremely creative and exciting way. It connects more to real life. LOST is epic and dark and the type of show you watch to go 'OH MY GOD! NO WAYYYY...?!" and, while I love the way it's constructed around questions and keeps you guessing, I feel like the past couple seasons have been wearing on me. So many people I love have died on that show that I guess I'm just more wary of it. It's not exactly viewer-friendly.

But yeah, I love Peter, too--especially when he had his awesome powers. I'm under the full belief that he's going to get them back, because I loved it when there was Sylar, the all-powerful, and Peter, the all-powerful anti-Sylar. They were foils for each other and I liked them both better together. Now they've watered down Peter and taken the fangs out of Sylar. Claire has come out on top as my all-time favorite.
Yeah, they're kind of taking away the awesome-ness of a lot of people. I know, I loved it when Peter had every power, but now he just has one at a time, which kinda sucks. And Hiro is dying. What?! Claire is cool, but she was never one of my favorites.
I still like Lost more.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun May 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Oh god. Terrible, terrible news.

HEROES IS CANCELLED!

I'm totally in shock. This is IN NO WAY fair. They're not even making season five. All of the characters that I love are gone forever--and all of my favorite actors are out of a job!

God, Lost is ending within the month, Heroes is cancelled--THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ON TV ANYMORE!

This thread is now open to people who want to mourn the death of Heroes, like me.
~The Unwritten

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat May 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Oh god. Terrible, terrible news.

HEROES IS CANCELLED!

I'm totally in shock. This is IN NO WAY fair. They're not even making season five. All of the characters that I love are gone forever--and all of my favorite actors are out of a job!

God, Lost is ending within the month, Heroes is cancelled--THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ON TV ANYMORE!

This thread is now open to people who want to mourn the death of Heroes, like me.
What?? Why are they cancelling it? I wanted to see the next season and see if they actually got somewhere. I wanted Peter and Emma to be together! That sucks. I mean, that show has been going down hill for a while, and my mom and brothers don't like it anymore, but I still like watching it.
You should watch House. I also watch a lot of comedy shows, so there will still be a lot on TV.
ImageImage Image

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun May 23, 2010 6:05 pm

*Mourns*

I know--they left it off at such a bad place! Sylar is GOOD, (which was interesting but I wanted him to still be EVIL because he's such an awesome bad guy), Peter doesn't have his full powers back yet, Claire just showed everyone that Specials exist, GAAAAHHHH! This can't be happening.

Yes, the show is nowhere near as good as it was in the amazing Season 1, but that doesn't mean it deserves to get cancelled! I still loved it!
~The Unwritten

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun May 30, 2010 12:57 am

I know! I love Sylar! I always knew he'd be good!

But I read in Entertainment Weekly that there is going to be a two-hour TV-movie that wraps it up, so we aren't left with nothing. It should be good. :) I don't know when it's going to be on though.
ImageImage Image

Artificial Asian
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Kayley
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Artificial Asian

Postby Artificial Asian » Sun May 30, 2010 11:16 pm

I- bu-wha- NO! They can't cancel it! It's successful! It's a great show! *cries*
Gaah, this sucks... I thought I heard something about them starting up again in September according to the guy who plays Parkman..?
Agh, this is evil... *goes off to cry in a corner*
"THiS... iS Not ANTi-AMeRiCAN. iT'S ANTi-WAR."

Return to “TV”