[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
House M.D. - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

House M.D.

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
Diana
Ruler of the People

House M.D.

Postby Diana » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:53 pm

I know there's a thread on House somewhere around here, but it's got to be so dead and corpsified that reviving it counts as Necromancye Moste Evile, so I'm making a new one.

Without further ado, OMG WHO WATCHES THIS FANTASTIC SHOW?

House is undoubtedly BY FAR my favorite TV show, past present or future. (As much as I can know these things at this point, anyway.) I own the DVDs of both released seasons, I've got all of s3 recorded on my DVR and I shall snap up the DVD set of that, too, as soon as it's released. Very Happy I watch the show compulsively, regardless of whether or not I've already seen the episode five times... And I attempt to convert all of my friends to the show, if possible.

Who's your favorite character? Favorite episode? Favorite season? Favorite potw (patient of the week)? Favorite... er... T-shirt that House has worn? XD

And if you don't already watch the show, why the hell not? *is not fanatical about this at all*

(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, )

thesupernaturalist
Pixie

Re: House M.D.

Postby thesupernaturalist » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:28 am

I LOVE House!!!

Australia has still to finish the third season... and that means alot of the hard-core fans well maybe not just even the hard-core fans have downloaded the whole series from the internet.
I haven't because 1)I'm against those kinda things and 2) it probably would work on my computer and take to long and blah.

But yeah Chase is my favourite character at the moment. I mean apart from House. Chase is the character I like the most (mainly becuase he's an Aussie) but House is such an intriguing and different character.

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:49 am

I think House is the only TV show I watch on a regular basis.

Anyway, I love the show for a couple reasons. One is that I'm a fan of Sherlock Holmes, the character House is based on. Another is that I love the snarkiness. Razz

Er... being a science nerd... it's not the medicine that pulls me in. In fact, I don't like biology and being a doctor is one of the last careers on my "possibilities" list. And besides, they get the stuff wrong so often...

Erm, I really can't name any favourites, but Airborne really stood out for me. Guess it's because the Cottages had to solve a case by themselves, and it almost parallels the airplane case. And to satisfy my cynicism of the human race... the illness all the passengers contracted.

Oh, I also love Wilson. He's amazing. Especially when he's on speed.

My Artemis Fowl game: | |

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:42 am

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:49 am

squint
Elf

Postby squint » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:00 am

As most of you probably know, I love House, it's one of my favorite shows ever. My favorite characters are House, Chase, and Cuddy. I love House, of course, because he's amazing and I love how he's so observant and is able to figure out the cases that seem to make no sense at all and, many times, turn out to be something so unexpected. Not to mention I love all the hilarious snarky comments he makes. Laughing I love Chase because first of all he's hot, but second of all, he makes these really loserish comments that make me laugh. Sometimes he's a jerk, though, especially in the first season. I love Cuddy because she's a strong and independent woman who knows how to take care of herself, and the witty comments she exchanges with House always make me laugh, which is why I think their a good match.

I want to know more about House and Wilson's friendship. Wilson's really the only real friend House has, and I want to know what went on that got House to be able to trust him. Sometimes Wilson does things that annoy me, and sometimes I wish he would do something about his large eyebrows, but overall, I like him. And I agree with puff and Diana, Wilson on speed was awesome.

One of my favorite episodes has to be Fetal Position from season 3. I really liked it because it gave Cuddy a chance to see what it was like for House to do what he did and the things that he had to go through, and I actually liked the patient (usually I either don't care about them or they annoy me) and I don't know, it was just really amazing in my opinion, it actually made me cry, even though I really can't explain why. Airborne was a really good episode too, although I might be biased because I ship House/Cuddy. XD

Oh, and I love a lot of the songs that are used in House. My favorite has to be "In The Waiting Line" by Zero 7, that song is so amazing and I love it . I also love "Delicate" by Damien Rice, and "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC.
I am the almighty invincible Cinna. Don't argue with me, you will never win.

artyboy
Pixie
Real First Name: Nikolai

Postby artyboy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:39 am

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:16 am

[size=50]*Cough*Torrents*cough*[/size]

I watch it when it's on, or when I have nothing else to do and feel like watching an episode on tv-links.com... xD

Rochenut
Shedding Harp Seal

Postby Rochenut » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:46 am

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:24 am

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:24 pm

"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:33 pm

Beetle juice
Goblin
Real First Name: Jess
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Beetle juice

Postby Beetle juice » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:02 pm

I love House but I hate how there so much double crossing-but I guess thats what makes it so interesting! Has anyone seen the one where It was good to see the others reactions, escpecially Wilson and Cuddy (Cameron is a sick little girl)
and what about Foreman, he showed his emotions again!

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:21 pm

squint
Elf

Postby squint » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:12 pm

I was never really interested in medical shows, either, and then one of my friends was obsessed with House and she got me into it, and I became obsessed as well. I just think House is so amazing because it appeals to such a wide range of people. Both kids and adults watch it, and it has drama, humor, and (although not extensive) some romance.

I have to say that taking AP bio really helped me to understand a lot of the medical stuff that they talk about. Last summer when I started watching it, before I took AP bio, I didn't understand a lot of the medical stuff they were talking about, and now after taking the class this year, a lot of the stuff they mention makes a lot more sense to me. Of course, that doesn't mean I understand it perfectly. There's still a lot of things that still confuse me. Laughing

And I agree about the season 3 finale, it wasn't my favorite either. I expected them to leave us with a cliffhanger, of course, but I thought it would be a lot more exciting. The season 1 finale was one of my favorite episodes (then again, it had House/Stacy angst and I ship them, so I could be biased), and the season 2 finale was really good, too...but this one just didn't seem to be as good. I don't know, I just didn't get that ZOMGAMAZING feeling I get from the House episodes that I really like. As much as I hate to say this, I kind of feel like after Airborne, none of the season 3 episodes seemed that exciting. (At least, from what I can remember.) I mean, they weren't terrible, but I just didn't like them as much.

Season 3 overall was kind of up and down for me. I agree with Diana that season 2 was my favorite. It had a lot of good character development, there was both House/Stacy and House/Cuddy shippy moments for me to flail over, and I don't know, I just thought there were so many good episodes in that season. Autopsy, Spin, Deception, Failure to Communicate (well, the House/Stacy parts, I wasn't a big fan of the medical case in that episode), Skin Deep, All In, House vs. God...I'm probably leaving some out, too. Season 3 wasn't terrible, it had some episodes I really liked, like Lines in the Sand, Insensitive, Half-Wit, Fetal Position and Airborne, but I didn't like the whole Tritter storyline. Season 1 wasn't bad, but I'm kind of the opposite of Diana, because while she's seen it so many times, I haven't seen any s1 episodes in a while, so I don't really remember much of it. I probably should take some time to rewatch them.
I am the almighty invincible Cinna. Don't argue with me, you will never win.

Return to “TV”