[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
LOST - Page 5 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

LOST

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
lotrfan
Commander

Re: LOST

Postby lotrfan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Ok, so I guess the whole Ilana/Ben thing isn't going to work out. (If you saw the last episode you know what I mean. :laughing: ) Just when I was starting to like her too.
So, I have no idea who it could be, but there are only like 4 episodes left, so they better do something.

Last week's episode was insane! Oh my gosh! So now Hurley and Libby remember too, WTH? And what is with Desmond? (in both universes) He's like the new Jacob or something, how he's just appearing in everyone's sideways worlds. And it's like he's remembering too, because he hits Locke with his car because he threw him down the well. (By the way I laughed at that part, cause I hate Locke, even though it wasn't evil Locke)

Oh, and they explained the whispers! Yay! Another question answered, but I had completely forgotten about that, so it's like they're just answering the unimportant questions. And, I mean, it still makes no sense that they just hear the ghosts of dead people. But how come when they saw Walt in season 2, he wasn't dead? What the heck?!
And what's with the kid that just appears in the jungle and freaks out Locke.

Man, this episode was SO frustrating!

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I agree. I was a little bit pissed off about the creepy jungle boy. The only way this season could answer every single question would be if Daniel was on screen during all the episodes just whipping out answers to everything in rapid succession. Bringing in the jungle boy is yet another question added to the long list of questions that aren't answered yet.

But I LOVED HURLEY AND LIBBY!!!!! YESSS!!! All of my favorite LOST couples are coming back!! And the people that I actually care about are getting more screen time!

I never actually expected to get an answer about the whispers. I want answers to more concrete, solid questions, like--what the heck are the numbers? What is this mysterious Sickness that everyone keeps talking about? WHAT IS THE ISLAND??? What's with Jacob and UnLocke? In the face of those questions, who cares about a couple whispery sounds in the jungle?

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:32 pm

AAAHHH!!! Why was it not on this week! That really angers me! Nothing to talk about here!

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Ugh, I know. There are only like 18 hours this entire season, and they scheduled the finale a week too far in advance by accident, so there had to be one week where we didn't get a new episode. That was this week.

And WHY did it have to be Ab Aterno? That was my least favorite episode of LOST, EVER. Even counting the episodes with Nikki and Paulo and Jack's tattoos. I mean, I liked the part with Jacob and the Man in Black, but WHY IS RICHARD SUDDENLY A MELODRAMATIC SPANIARD?!

He used to be the epitome of the Island's mysterious way of having things pop out of the jungle, he was such a great character--and now he's been reduced to this guy riding a horse and crying "Ayyyy! Dios Mio! Que voy haceres, mi amor?!" Couldn't he have been a freakin' American on a horse spouting melodrama?! You don't get an American accent like Richard's by living in Spain for your whole life and then going to live on an island where there are hardly any people. A spanish accent that thick doesn't go away because of a handful of dirty jungle people, no matter how long you've been alive.

I would've loved it if they'd replayed Everyone Loves Hugo or the one with Daniel and Charlie. But no, it had to be Ab Aterno.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun May 02, 2010 1:57 pm

lol :laughing:

Yeah, I would have loved to see the Desmond one again.

I know, that was weird how they did his past and you're right, why doesn't he have any sign that he still has a Spanish accent?
And you know what doesn't make any sense, in the Season finale of season 5 "The Incident" it shows Jacob and the Nemesis sitting on the beach and they see a ship coming, and Nemesis is all "You brought them here didn't you?" That ship was the black rock right? It had to be. But in the Richard episode, the black rock came during this huge storm. So that just makes no sense.
Oh, and there is no way that that ship could destroy the statue. That's ridiculous. And if it did destroy it, why is it in the middle of the jungle no where near it? I mean, if it had hit it, the boat wouldn't have kept moving that far into the jungle and be relatively undamaged, while the statue is completely destroyed!

And it still didn't explain why he had long hair when he first met Ben. I mean, so they explained that he was immortal, yeah, ok, so that's why he looks exactly the same every time we see him, but how come in the episode where it showed Ben as a kid on the island, he met Richard in the jungle, Richard had long hair. But then when they bring Ben to him after he was shot (in the same time period) Richard looked normal. What the heck?!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun May 02, 2010 4:58 pm

You know, you're really right about the whole ship thing... Wow, I never thought of it that way.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the Island was close enough to the ship to be able to see it, but the ship couldn't see the island because of the whole time warp thing, so they were just sailing around it, and then the storm hit and they were pushed toward it? Maybe there was a time-lapse in there somewhere? But that does NOT explain the statue--I mean, it was a BIG freakin statue.

I think the thing that disappointed me the most about Ab Aterno was that now Richard isn't mysterious anymore. Yes, there are some mysteries that I want answered in depth--but that wasn't one of them. I would've preferred it if they'd left some more of his past up to the imagination, you know what I mean? They said that they weren't going to answer EVERY SINGLE THING, because in the end it would take away from the interesting mysteriousness of the show--which I agree with, LOST is the show that I watch because it's mysterious, taking all the mystery away would be no fun--but they should've taken the time to answer what the Numbers were in depth, not Richard. Something big. If you look carefully, the Numbers are in almost every single episode. Richard appearing and disappearing into the jungle mysteriously? Not that much of a problem for me.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Wed May 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Yeah, they could have left some mystery to him. I mean, it's nice to know why he never ages, but I don't care if he was a Spanish guy who's wife died and he killed a priest so he was put on a slave ship. I don't care! They could have made his past a little more interesting at least.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Wed May 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Ahhhhh!!!

I was sobbing. When you have only like ten of the original fourty two beach survivors left, every death hits harder. Lapedis I was fine with--I never liked him anyway. Sayid I saw coming, and his acting has been getting worse and worse lately. I had it pegged that he was going to sacrifice himself when he said "I don't feel anything" way back when.

BUT SUN AND JIN WERE THE ONLY LEGIT COUPLE LEFT! They were the ones that were going to get out of it alive, together, no matter what. UGH! That just tore my heart out. Especially when Hurley started sobbing about it. There is something about him crying that makes me cry ten times harder. The last time he sobbed like that was when Charlie died.

But there is one good thing that came out of this episode. It cemented the fact that Hurley will NOT DIE EVER. A three hundred plus man carrying an unconscious woman in a rapidly flooding, sinking submarine with a limited supply of oxygen, and he STILL LIVED (and saved Kate, too). If that didn't kill him, nothing will kill him, and I will get to have my favorite character safe.

Dammit, Sawyer! If he'd just listened to Jack, everything would have been fine.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun May 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Oh my God! I know! That was such a ridiculous episode!!!! I can't believe they killed off all of them! Why would they do that! And leave their daughter an infant! That totally sucks!!!!
This episode just blew my mind.

I don't blame Sawyer, I think it still would have blown up even if he hadn't pulled the things out, but I don't know.

I got my Entertainmnet Weekly for this week and it is all about Lost. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but I'll let you know if it says anything important. It said something about the reason for killing off Jin and Sun, but I don't remember it. I'll check again and keep you posted.

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Mon May 10, 2010 12:37 am

Truth is: Texas sucks.

How is Gunny feeling on First Earth?

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue May 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Wait, what? Of course Richard came on the Black Rock. He was in there in chains for like more than half of that episode. When he left the ship, it was in the middle of the jungle, tilted just like is now. Plus, Danielle and the others weren't from the Black Rock--they were part of a scientific research team and were armed with a life raft and a lot of machine guns--equipment that looks really out of place on the colonial Black Rock(which is from the same era Richard is). Also, there can't be more than one ship stranded in the middle of the island--even for LOST that's a stretch. Plus, the Black Rock itself wasn't that big of a question, so I think they just wanted to answer it and get it out of the way. Why invent a whole second ship for Richard to be on, when that would only raise more questions, and more answers to cram into the last season?

Plus, the whole 'blow me up with a stick of dynamite' thing totally illustrates what I think was going on in the sub with the bomb, and where Jack's seemingly out of nowhere comment that 'nothing was going to happen' came from. When Jack relied on Jacob's protection or whatever it is that keeps all of them and Jacob safe before, both he and Richard were spared, the dynamite suddenly going out (when before, even a slightly aggressive movement would have set it off, because it was particularly volatile--which lends itself to the fact that Jacob or their protection intervened to save them).

And Jack's logic was totally right. If he was allowed to just kill them, why didn't he just chuck the bomb in the sub before it took off? Because the bomb was in an enclosed, pressurized vessel, when it blew up it did a great deal of structural damage, so now the sub is useless scrap metal at the bottom of the ocean. If he could have, it would have made a hell of a lot more sense to just chuck the bomb in the sub before they closed the hatch--the expanding explosion would've had somewhere to go, so the sub would've been structurally sound, even if all the pleople in it were dead. Then Smokey could've jumped in the sub and and left.

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Wed May 12, 2010 4:37 am

I don't know who Danielle is, but I thought the Others were from an older era and thus the Black Rock?

....This is why I shouldn't have skipped from the 9th episode of season 1 to the final season.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Wed May 12, 2010 9:56 pm

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Thu May 13, 2010 2:02 am

Actually, I see Nemesis as evil because he mercilessly kills people and manipulates people. Did the captain of the plane do anything, in the first season? No, but the smoke monster killed him. The smoke monster killed all those people in the temple, simply because they wouldn't join him. The smoke monster put a bomb in Jack's bag, so he could kill all of them.

How exactly could you not see him as evil? What is your definition of evil?

He killed his own mother, out of revenge. Yeah, they destroyed his village. He himself admitted that his mom was right and they were greedy, selfish, evil people. While, his mom was simply protecting the heart of the island, as far as we can tell. And those evil people had already glimpsed this secret, valuable light.

According to his mom, if the light of the heart is extinguished, the light inside everybody else is extinguished as well.

Yeah, Jacob threw Nemisis into the light. He didn't know it would turn him into the Smoke Monster. It was done out of revenge, just like how Nemisis killing his mom - was done out of revenge.

Also, it implied that he couldn't kill them directly when Jacob appeared and said to "remember the rules" and that he couldn't harm them. Because they are candidates.

Also, yes Jack has been wrong before. But, again, think back to what happened with the volatile dynamite that didn't explode. Think back to the fact that Smokey couldn't directly kill Jacob either, and those he also supposedly can't kill are all in the running to take his place.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The main thing I'm wondering is why they said the Smoke monster was a security system for the island, when he's just a homesick kid trying to do whatever it takes to leave the island...

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Thu May 13, 2010 3:02 am

I still see UnLocke as being evil, but before seeing last night's episode it was a really demonic, terrible, end-of-the-world evil, not just some kid that wanted to get off the island and got pissed off at everyone. UnLocke seems less evil, Jacob seems less good. I don't know if I like that. For one thing, it kind of dashes my long held theory that UnLocke is a devil figure and Jacob is a God figure and they are in some type of limbo or something. For another, again, that takes out a lot of the drama and artistic suspense/mysteriousness of the Jacob/UnLocke conflict.

Damn. Am I getting all the answers, only to discover that I don't want most of them?

However, maybe the whole scary evil thing might come back because UnLocke isn't that little boy anymore, he's a supernaturally demonic pillar of black smoke that used to be the boy. Maybe now he's like fifty million times worse. I'd like that. It would make Jacob seem more angelic if he's just a relatively ordinary guy standing against that.

As for the Security System thing, there are a couple theories I have about that. First of all, Danielle could be wrong. She's a slightly crazed Frenchwoman running around in the jungle on her own for sixteen years. She's bound to slip up once or twice. Secondly, UnLocke seems to be able to kill certain people and not be penalized for it. The people at the temple, for one thing, also Eko and the Pilot. Maybe he can kill off anyone who isn't a Candidate--because he obviously can't kill the candidates or he would have done so already. Let's assume the Candidates are people who are shaping up to be the new Jacob. Jacob is the good guy. Therefore, UnLocke can kill people who aren't good enough to be the new Jacob, or don't have Jacob's protection. Anyone that has a spark of good leadership/pure-ness to them would probably get Jacob's protection. UnLocke is unwittingly making the island safer for the Candidates by killing off the people who aren't completely Jacob-ish--which entails that some or most of them are bad people. Security system of a kind?

But I find it hard to think that Danielle would have known all of that, so my theory isn't based on fact.

Return to “TV”