[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
LOST - Page 7 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

LOST

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
cezen
Elf

Re: LOST

Postby cezen » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Truth is: Texas sucks.

How is Gunny feeling on First Earth?

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:21 am

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Can you tell what I'm feeling right now? Because it's really freaking ticked off.

I'm not grasping at straws, I'm just making an observation. Am I allowed to make an observation? Am I allowed to wonder something or ask questions about something that I don't understand? Is that ok with you?

What part of 'this ending does not make any sense' are you not understanding? Did you even watch the ending? Do you even care about the show? Because if you don't, you have no right to judge me and my conclusions on it.

Illogical conclusion? Are you kidding me? The whole freaking series is illogical. The ending that they had was an illogical conclusion!

It's not an overanalyzation if there was no analysis of it in the first place.

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:40 pm

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:34 pm

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:22 am

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 pm

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:01 pm

1. No, because it's a stupid thought, that seriously, doesn't deserve to have been spit out by the deficient amount of neurons firing in your brain.
Also, that doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be exactly the same to come full circle, otherwise it would be repeating the exact same thing, and that wouldn't make sense in most contexts. It just has to come back to something very similar.

Also, try to pay attention, there was a plane crash in the present of the island. The place where the plane didn't crash was the afterlife, purgatory world.

That's beside the point, though. First episode there was the plane crash and debris. That's obviously the beginning of the series. Any argument against that is inherently stupid and futile.

Furthermore, I don't have to prove that it went full circle and I don't care if you believe it. That's simply my interpretation. It's reading between the lines for the literary elements I thought I saw. It's like saying that the white and black backgammon pieces symbolized the fight between Jacob and Locke. Not provable, just noticeable given you have enough intelligence.

2. Because it was simply the background of the closing credits. Looking for deeper meaning to the plot through it, is frankly unintelligent and ridiculous. They just decided to put something that has to do with the show there. That's why movies don't show hidden material during the credits, but after the credits stop running they might show a preview or some hidden ending.

Seriously, analyzing the background, is just stupid. There is no other word to describe it. Stupid and noobish.

3. The questions you just asked in that paragraph?
See, you can't even figure this out.
This is why I talk to you like you're a monkey, seriously.

4. They look exactly the same because it's not reality, its an afterlife. And thus, anything is possible.
That second question doesn't matter. All of that is simply speculation, we don't know if they had real relationships after their ordeals on the island with anyonelse. Questions like that aren't worth asking because they can't be answered. -_-

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:55 pm

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:41 am

I guess you have to be an AP English student or Honors English student to know the difference between interpreting something as symbolism or imagery or some other literary tool AND interpreting something like an image as the base for a hidden plot point of the story that doesn't even make any sense.

XD

And the laughing continued when I visited your profile, and found out that you want to be a writer and are 17 and love reading.
Yet, you don't even know the difference between coming up with a random theory off nothing more than an image, and using a literary tool?

You might want to fix this before you attempt your career.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:33 pm

I am in AP English classes and AP everything else and I get A's in them. And how old are you? What do you want to do with your life?

I never said I was using a literary tool. I don't have to interpret everything using literary tools to watch a show. Can't I just watch a TV show and think about something without being attacked by you?
And even if I have to interpret in with literary elements, what I did could be considered exactly how you're interpreting it. I could use imagery and symbolism to show that it is saying that they died.

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Obviously your teacher doesn't know what she's doing. Or maybe she pities you.

I'm 18. About to go to college and double major in English and Psychology or Philosophy.
And then use them to go to law.

Anyways, I never said you were using a literary tool, because you in fact weren't.
Either way, your last sentence really shows your ignorance in the use of symbolism and imagery.

That's like me saying that the rings from Lord Of The Rings symbolize that the story is in an endless time loop, it goes in a circle. That after Gandalf left, he went back in time and became Sauron. And this is all symbolized by the ring.

Either way, your posts have so far shown they aren't worth my time replying to on the subject of Lost, so good day.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:17 pm

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Oh wait, I just had an epiphany.

I realize now that what you're saying is correct. Everything.

Return to “TV”