[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
Gus
Master of Haven

Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code

Postby Gus » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:34 pm

I just read both of those books last week.

They were great. I loved all the puzzles in them, the background, the (fictitious) history, the science (fiction)... Loved them.

Anybody else read them?

[s]I've got more comments that I'd like to say, but I forgot them... and I'd like to hear/read your comments first.[/s]

My Artemis Fowl game: | |

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:30 pm

Stolen from where?

Could you give a bit more detail?

I'm not trying to defend the books, but I'd like your opinions. I believe in the "only give your opinion if you can support it" philosophy...

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:31 pm

"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:54 pm

Mockingbirdflyaway
Pixie

Postby Mockingbirdflyaway » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:05 am

~Janna

Writing is like marriage - don't commit yourself until you can't believe your luck.

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:11 am

(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, )

Mockingbirdflyaway
Pixie

Postby Mockingbirdflyaway » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:36 am

YESYESYES! That is such an awesome way to put it Diana! You win! Don't ask me what, but you just win.
~Janna

Writing is like marriage - don't commit yourself until you can't believe your luck.

Hello
Elf

Postby Hello » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:55 pm

What is the answer to life, the universe and everything? CHEESE!

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:16 pm

Not my favourite book, but a good read into the puzzles.

It was a good way to burn time. Very Happy [/u]

hunter_fantasy
Goblin

Postby hunter_fantasy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:40 am

*+Fantasize+*

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:53 pm

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:54 am

Yeah... It seemed like Dan Brown didn't have the success he wanted with A&D, so he recoated the plot with different names and more glitter, and tried to resell it. What bugs me is that it worked so well. >_>

(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, )

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:02 am

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:33 pm

"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Juliet
Sprite
Real First Name: Anna

Postby Juliet » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:33 pm

*stares at comments*

*scratches head*

I dunno, I rather liked the short chapters and the way he just...wove everything in. Books with similar plots don't bother me all too much, just as long as one's not a carbon copy of the other, I enjoyed both books a whole ton (at least how much I remember of it).

Return to “Literature”